Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? (1511 Views)

How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / How Do I Change My Ip Address / Needs Ip Address Blocked From Isp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by alakem(f): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
am working in an organisation with computer system connected all over.somehow my name was use to do a bad job on the system even when i av a pass word but when checked the computer used av a diff. IP add but they are saying IP add do change. a really need ur hlp
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by Mobinga: 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
It can be changed from the control computer
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by IykeD(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
More often than not, hosts on networks are configured with DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). In this light, your host ip can change.
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by alakem(f): 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
thanks alot for these info, am really getting to know somethings.when this act was committed my name was used,though the IP add of the computer that was used is diff.from mine, the question on the authority's lips is that how possible is such to be carried out without my permission when i av a pass word? please can i trace the computer that was used?
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by dragnet: 7:55am On May 27, 2018
alakem:
thanks alot for these info, am really getting to know somethings.when this act was committed my name was used,though the IP add of the computer that was used is diff.from mine, the question on the authority's lips is that how possible is such to be carried out without my permission when i av a pass word? please can i trace the computer that was used?

this is late but just for information, they should be tracing MAC and not IP.
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by trainingict: 9:36am On May 28, 2018
Anybody with serious network problems can contact me for solution

Brainstorm Solutions
08033737534, 07082375805
Re: Does Ip Address Of Computer Change? by Gbengageorge: 11:14am On May 29, 2018
Tell them to compare your Mac address to the IP address

alakem:

(1) (Reply)

Wpp Cyberattack Serves As A Wake-up Call To Agencies And Cmos Alike / Mint LIKE NEW Laptops Available / Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.