Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students (41578 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / N-power To Commence Enrollment Of Batch C Beneficiaries Next Week. / Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by proeast(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
Are statistics based on facts or just guesswork?
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by EzeeYFB(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

ABI O.. NA SO ONE GIRL COM DE BRAG SAY SHE DE SCHOOL ABROAD. I START TRIP ALREADY...
I ASK WHERE?
SHE SAY NA ANGOLA.
I SHOUT!! grin
Angola make sense na, what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Demrich(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:
still wondering the rationale in studying in Benin republic.

Well foreign student na foreign student, even if the school is in Bakassi Peninsula!
ASUU

1 Like

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by matrixme(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:

Well foreign student na foreign student, even if the school is in Bakassi Peninsula!
you seriously need to go and spend just one day in Cotonou, if you won't come back and share testimonies in your Church/Mosque.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by ajepako(f): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Statsocial:
Nigerians spends over N1.5 trillion on students studying abroad, the Exam Ethics International, a non-governmental organisation, has said.

Research shows that, annually, Ghana, UK, USA gets N338 billion of Nigerian students’ funds.

Data below sourced from UNESCO and represents 2015 enrollment of Nigerians in foreign countries

1) United Kingdom: 17,973 students

2) Ghana: 13,919

3) United States of America: 10,674

4) Benin republic: 5,000(Estimated)

5) Malaysia: 4,943

6) Saudi Arabia: 1,915

https://educationexplorersite./2017/08/19/six-countries-with-highest-annual-enrollment-of-nigerian-students/

lalasticlala

You forgot lndia
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by bigpicture001: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:

...the fault is from the national university commision,they should hv directed that universities conduct admission @ least twice a year..just like it's done in most private varsity and d national open university..that means jamb will b conducted twice,more teachers employed at skls....cuz as far as I knw,students don't rush to Ghana nd Sierra lone don't go dia for better education need a di they go there cuz of the incessant strike actions.top among thier reason for going out to these two countries is Cus of limited space for admission in nigerian skls..its like flying for ticket to heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by GoodcasHMan: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
This is to show that Nigeria is lacking behind
Strike today, Strike tomorrow
This is a spirit of BACKWARDNESS
*** How many years you spend In UNIVERSITY
judge it yourself
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by tbliss22(m): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
Can this make any meaning to our government? I doubt it!!
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by hakeem4(m): 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
omoodeogere:
did u know the meaning of abroad? check dictionary
you don't get the sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by gnykelly(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
majekdom2:
finance is the backbone of any strong educational system. Education is never free or cheap. There cannot be any inprovement given the corruption. That law should be passed. All government officials and office holders should have their wards in public institutions not private @ least for a first degree. Watch how things will change.

goverment should sell those universities.

1 Like

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:

If JAMB don jam uou, you no go dey ask this kain question. Most Nigerins thatg attend Houdegbe North American University do so becuse they weren't able to get admission into our crappy universities.

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by jericco1(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

ABI O.. NA SO ONE GIRL COM DE BRAG SAY SHE DE SCHOOL ABROAD. I START TRIP ALREADY...
I ASK WHERE?
SHE SAY NA ANGOLA.
I SHOUT!! grin
yeezuz!
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Topmaike007(m): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
how he go be when i go kenya or uganda go school finish now and my employer ask me where did you school, i wil just blush and tel dem i schooled abroad or oversea because the plane wil cross lake victoria. gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by bisi16(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
Of that Malaysia's 4900, 3900 na yahoo boys.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Naturalobserver(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
omoodeogere:
did u know the meaning of abroad? check dictionary
My guy,you are too serious!chai!.He has a meaning behind d statement.I understand the meaning,I guess many persons here do too.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Naturalobserver(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
jericco1:

yeezuz!
hahahaha.very funny.But hope say u no fabricate am sha oo
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Tolexander: 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

If JAMB don jam uou, you no go dey ask this kain question. Most Nigerins thatg attend Houdegbe North American University do so becuse they weren't able to get admission into our crappy universities.
how you take know sey JAMB no jam me before?

I wrote Jamb 5 times, but had less than 200 only in the first attempt.

If I wan study outside Nigeria at all, and still within Africa, it will definitely be in South Africa.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Chukazu: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
noscarn91:
[/

undecided your brain needs formatting
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by sirfee(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
matrixme:

you seriously need to go and spend just one day in Cotonou, if you won't come back and share testimonies in your Church/Mosque.
Don't mind him,he should go to North America university Houdegbe Cotonou and see Nigerian students excelling.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Afam4eva(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:
how you take know sey JAMB no jam me before?

I wrote Jamb 5 times, but had less than 200 only in the first attempt.

If I wan study outside Nigeria at all, and still within Africa, it will definitely be in South Africa.
The affordability is another issue and the reason why they go to that school is because it is under * (the board that oversees Nigerian universities).

If you can go to South Africa, you can as well go t the US or UK cos the difference aint really much.

1 Like

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Tolexander: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

The affordability is another issue and the reason why they go to that school is because it is under * (the board that oversees Nigerian universities).

If you can go to South Africa, you can as well go t the US or UK cos the difference aint really much.
sure, but since I couldn't go to those countries, other countries in Africa apart from South Africa is no no.

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by leo1234(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

ABI O.. NA SO ONE GIRL COM DE BRAG SAY SHE DE SCHOOL ABROAD.
I START TRIP ALREADY...

I ASK WHERE?

SHE SAY NA ANGOLA.

I SHOUT!! grin

Na people like you wey dey trip for necessary things be our problem for this country.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Adezzy007: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Schooling abroad is not over hyp. Not because am doing same because of the facilities available. When I say abroad not Ghana or Benin but Europe, Asia and America..... But oBut our governments can make and enforce a law to stop political and civil servant office holders' family from studying abroad as its been done here in USA. With that they will/ must make our universities great again .
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Vince77(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Op try and organize your blog.
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Orodje(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
hakeem4:

Those in Benin republic and Ghana too will be claiming abroad grin

[img]http:///a/img924/6869/1Gtd1u.gif[/img]

Bros if u go Ghana u go know say nah abroad, their packaging just too tight

They are way ahead of us in education system and some other things nah money and gra gra we just get pass them

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by hakeem4(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Orodje:

They are way ahead of us in education system and some other things nah money and gra gra we just get pass them
apart from their capital which other place is developed

3 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by EazyMoh(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Statsocial:

I don't understand it either. We should be d ones providing higher education to ECOWAS countries just like south Africa provides for SADC.
I hope many private universities can now start recruiting from other African countries so we can balance it out before all the educational tourist ruin our economy.
How do you think we can achieve that when we paint our country in bad light all the time.
Most of those foreign schools are government owned, but here ASUU is competing with National Assembly they couldn't care less about the knowledge transfer.

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
Tolexander:
sure, but since I couldn't go to those countries, other countries in Africa apart from South Africa is no no.
Mauritius is a yes yes. It's the most developed country in Africa though it's not on the mainland and a lot of British and Australian schools have campuses there.

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Orodje(m): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
hakeem4:
apart from their capital which other place is developed

I'm not talking about which is more developed, and it depends on how you define developed or why is it that Ghanaians remain in their country and they don't travel that much except UK.

I dont need to argue with you coz I never chop just ask anybody you know that's in Gh what's up, why do they prefer Ghana to Naija or better still take a bus from mile2 to Accra to see for yourself its just 25k
Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Protein0: 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Orodje:

Can you kindly provide figures/data/facts to butress the boldened ?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Six Countries With Highest Annual Enrollment Of Nigerian Students by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
I was at the University of Nairobi a couple of months ago and yes, I'd pay good money to go school there.

We all saw the pictures of a secondary school in Ghana that was uploaded here sometime ago.

Education in Nigeria is DEAD. Government is not ready to invest, corporate organisations are not ready to invest even our corrupt politicians are not ready.

Best graduating student was presented with #10,000 (Less than $30) after 4 years of study.

Our research practice is all but dead.

Let's keep fooling ourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University 2013/2014 Academic Session / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.