Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Welcome Mr. President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome Mr. President (403 Views)

Jubilation As Hundreds Of Thousands Of PDP Faithfuls Welcome Atiku In Kaduna / Why Did Emir Sanusi Welcome President Buhari At The Airport In Kano? (Photo) / You Are Welcome To Graze In Kogi State- Yaya Bello To Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome Mr. President by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
The cry of the people
the cry of the people
I remember the day of glory
as they stand so truthful
with a new political slogan of change I remember the faithful afternoon
full of promise of hope while we chant their political names
with hopes high I remember how they act like saints
when we all ran to the streets to hail our new president elect
even the youth walked from Lagos to abuja to show support and love to our hero
is a pity now what we see
the cry of the people

I remember the joy in the heart of the people as they welcome their new president elect I remember you promise a lot
I remember you promise to erase
poverty out of our land I remember how you boldly took an oath of power to serve and protect your nation I wish your words were real I wish you realised what you standing
for I wish our story was changed like
you promised but now is a pity
the cry of the people I remember how you were every
where with your sweet word of improvement
yet we are stagnant

I remember how we trust you but now we cry in pain I remember you claimed to be for all but now some other tribe is been excluded with intimidation
I remember you stood for peace yet our life is scattered in pieces
the cry of the people how could we have a non existing president yet we have a President
and when we ask for the presence
of our president whom was voted in power by our vote we get beaten up.
we get killed we get jail terms
so I remember the times we trust on this political slogan
of change we don't need this change
this change of yours mr president is changing us to poverty depression and inflation this changed has changed us to an hungry lion this change has chased us to
the street to protest for our right
we are tired of your change

Mr President
yes we are tired of hoping even we need our vote back or no more election in the country
that is the cry of the people
and the cry of the people
is the voice of God

Copyright © richard nnoli | Year Posted 2017
Re: Welcome Mr. President by taylor88(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
somebody wey com carry suya and kunu go back
Re: Welcome Mr. President by hatchy(f): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: Militants Insist On Boycott, Prepare For Showdown / Aregbesola Remains One Of Nigeria’s Best Governors, Says Group / Crossing The National Red Lines For Somtochukwu Ibeanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.