Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians (639 Views)

Okorocha: I Have Retired Old Politicians In Imo So Young People Can Take Over / PDP Convention 2017: Delegates Chase Out Senator Buruji Kashamu / Nigerian Youths Spit Fire: We’ll Embarrass Old Politicians In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by Oyiboman69: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has called on the older generation to quit politics, in order to create room for the youth to occupy the political space.

Obasanjo, who spoke at the Youth Governance Dialogue organised in Abeokuta, to mark this year’s International Youth Day, charged the youths to take their destiny in their hands.

Tactically referring to President Muhammadu Buhari, who is aged 74, the ex-President asked the youths to fight their way to the top and take action, rather than nagging.

He said: “I joined politics from the top. The only position I contested for in Nigeria was the Presidency, but I had a track record of achievements, which led to that. Nobody will choose you, you have to choose yourself. Saraki will not leave until you ask him to leave.

“When we talk about youth in leadership position, the point is: how are you prepared? Are you really prepared?

“People ask questions that what is the difference between Nigeria of 1960 and Nigeria of today? In 1950, 1960, there were values, but today, values have been eroded.

“As a youth, you have to carve a niche for yourself. Stop complaining. Don’t expect people to leave or shift. For instance, as I am standing, when you come to me and ask me to leave or shift, I may not respond.

“But when three or four of you come forward to me, two by my right hand side and two at my left and you press me together, you can actually force me out.

“So, if those you call old politicians refuse to move, suffocate them with your population, they will back out. If an 80, 90 years old man can be President, why not a 30-year-old man?”

Obasanjo, who noted that Nigeria needed leaders who are educationally and spiritually sound, enjoined youths to unite and contribute to the development of their fatherland.

The former President also spoke about the imperative of unity and integration of the country, urging the citizens to see themselves as one, and desist from acts capable of dividing the nation.
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by leofab(f): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kolo
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Obasanjo is a Bastard
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by fistonati(m): 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
i will only take obasanjo serious when his Bells University is declared Free for all and all his other (looted) properties are Willed to the orphans, motherless babies and destitutes.

He should have wiped off all the Older generation politicians.

His selfish acts failed to put the nation on the right paths.
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by dollytino4real(f): 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
see kettle calling pot black! was he not the one that wanted 3rd term some years back?
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by Oyiboman69: 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2017
dollytino4real:
see kettle calling pot black! was he not the one that wanted 3rd term some years back?
The man is right, a prominent politicians in delta state once said same that if we want power, we should fight and remove them and if are waiting for them to handover power just like that, we should have a rethink
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by slimfit1(m): 3:45am On Aug 20, 2017
Hausa people with my people or no other is what is killing us, they want power but don't know what to do with it when they get it.

Hausa people with respect all you want is lower must go back to the north. Instead of thinking of progress they think of power.
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by NairaEffect(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2017
Baba has spoken well.

The youths need to take a stand against gerontocracy. Now!!!
Re: Enough Is Enough!!!, Obasanjo Urge Youth To Chase Out Old Politicians by NairaEffect(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2017
leofab:
Kolo

Kolo Toure?

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: What Will Happen To Nigeria If I’m Rearrested – Nnamdi Kanu Dares Buhari / Nigeria Too Old, Too Big To Fail Says Atiku / What Is This Nonesense,why All The Topics Is All About Biafra??..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.