Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506485 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2017
Losami:

i factored in nysc and that was how i was able to get 2years of work experience. i graduated january 2016.
Hi, please be sure to put in the right variables when calculating your projected CRS... January 2016 (that you graduated) to date is not up to two years and I doubt you got posted same January, anything short of two years is deemed one year. Although, I think you get same point for 1 and 2 years work experience.

In all, be sure you are calculating the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2017
Losami:

i intend to.. just wanted to check my chances of getting in

You stand a good chance if that's what you want to know. But it depends on ur IELTS score and maybe an additional year work experience.
As advised, channel your energy into IELTS and aim for minimum band 8777 in LRSW modules respectively. With that you'll be putting yourself in a very good position.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Losami(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2017
Kontagious:

Hi, please be sure to put in the right variables when calculating your projected CRS... January 2016 (that you graduated) to date is not up to two years and I doubt you got posted same January, anything short of two years is deemed one year. Although, I think you get same point for 1 and 2 years work experience.

In all, be sure you are calculating the right thing.
i started working at the company as a part time staff before i graduated,when i did in january, i resumed fully and i was able to get my nysc redeployment back to the company. thanks tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Losami(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2017
Algbenguze:

You stand a good chance if that's what you want to know. But it depends on ur IELTS score and maybe an additional year work experience.
As advised, channel your energy into IELTS and aim for minimum band 8777 in LRSW modules respectively. With that you'll be putting yourself in a very good position.
smiley okay. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2017
folarinstr:
Hello house, pls I need the link to Canada non-express entry program (i.e NOC type C or D), thanks

A few Canadian immigration programs run outside the Express Entry. You have Atlantic Immigrant Pilot Program AIPP (you'll need a job offer though) and several other Provincial Nominee programs that run outside EE as well such that you apply directly for PR visa after Nomination. Those PNPs are usually referred to as Base PNPs. Most Provinces have them. Some (not all) of them would require a job offer and their language requirements (CLB 4 or 5) are usually lower than that for EE.
These routes are also usually slower though.
Alberta PNP for example works outside EE, likewise Saskatchewan Occupations In Demand stream. Just google them to get more info.

Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 11:19am On Aug 23, 2017
Awww..... Congratulations. OAU, ehn..... well, it will end in praise by God's grace. I am still in dis ECA boat.

Did the report come.out before the set date on your account or after? I need to encourage myself.

mamacajah:
Hello All, Please I still need some clarification on this:

So I have finally gotten my ECA from WES completed (HALLELUYAH) after 4 months of back and forth with OAU and I am preparing for my IELTS test. So I need help with the following as I begin to gather the necessary documents for post ITA.

1. NOC- I am yet to sight an NOC for my work experience. My work was logistics HSE / data management related and the only NOC that seems to be close is 1215 but its only one item from the whole NOC description that I can link my work to. Other jobs done can be linked to NOC 1241 (Administrative assistant) and NOC 1411. So which NOCs do I use?

cc:cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ehix89(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Losami:
good morning, i am 23 years old, a female, single with a bsc degree and 2 years experience.when i calculate my crs it was 378. please i need advise please. i know the score is too low. please how do i increase them ?
It's too low, you should be getting between 420 and 430 with a perfect IELTS score, i'll advice you recalculate, If there is something you ain't sure about do well to ask.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MissG(f): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2017
Hi All,

My colleague is also on this Canadian journey but has an issue with her marriage certificate.

Her job title on her marriage certificate doesn't match with her actual job title at the time. She put Managing Director as her job title on her marriage certificate because she had just started a personal business although she was working at the time. Her husband put Entrepreneur as his even though he was also working.

She is really worried about this. Would this be an issue if noticed by the VO?

Will appreciate your response.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2017
Good Morning guys,

Please I have been stuck on the payment page of WES. Whenever I put in my card details I get the prompt message in the picture attached. Please has anyone else faced this? I am using my Gtbank Dollar Card for this.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2017
MissG:
Hi All,

My colleague is also on this Canadian journey but has an issue with her marriage certificate.

Her job title on her marriage certificate doesn't match with her actual job title at the time. She put Managing Director as her job title on her marriage certificate because she had just started a personal business although she was working at the time. Her husband put Entrepreneur as his even though he was also working.

She is really worried about this. Would this be an issue if noticed by the VO?

Will appreciate your response.

Thank you!

If it will allay her fear, let her explain it with an LOE. I don't think there is much else she can do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2017
Sunflowerr:
Good Morning guys,

Please I have been stuck on the payment page of WES. Whenever I put in my card details I get the prompt message in the picture attached. Please has anyone else faced this? I am using my Gtbank Dollar Card for this.
No picture attached.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Sunflowerr: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
DatechMan:

No picture attached.

I just re-posted. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Dotcman:

Mail sent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Take the ielts test first. You never can tell, if ur ielts score gives u a crs score of above 400 u maybe lucky.

Losami:

i intend to.. just wanted to check my chances of getting in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
atigro:

Madam any major reason for the long period? Is the problem from WES or from our alma mater? Bcus IQAs n ICEs is now a considerable options ooo

It was OAU, oh. WES did not give me any issues. See timeline below.

My advice, get someone to do the processing and follow up for you when it comes to OAU.

24th April.. paid for transcript
24th May...OAU finally sends transcript to WES
29th May...WES receives transcripts
9th June... WES sends verification request
13th June.. ETX sends payment request for verification, which is paid same day
13th July...OAU sends email to send my WES ref no in order to finally respond to WES
18th July.. OAU confirms verification response has been sent
15th August ..WES ECA report completed, e-copy received
21st August.. WES ECA hard copy received in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
ddymples:
Awww..... Congratulations. OAU, ehn..... well, it will end in praise by God's grace. I am still in dis ECA boat.

Did the report come.out [b]before the set date [/b]on your account or after? I need to encourage myself.

@bolded, if you are talking of WES, yes it came out 2 days earlier.
Thanks, we will get there, one step at a time. cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
ddymples:

Did the report come.out before the set date on your account or after? I need to encourage myself.

mamacajah:

@bolded, if you are talking of WES, yes it came out 2 day early.
3 days earlier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by solos007: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wura27:
Congrats!!!! Still quite fast o, less than 3 months! Don't delay, Ghana is very slow.

Thank you Wura27....Please what form do I need to fill and send along with my passport as a single applicant for my COPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hey guys.
I am booked for medicals tomorrow morning. However, I am developing fever symptoms (too much stress this past week) and should take medication.
Will this affect the results? Should I still go ahead or should I postpone? Tight schedules mean I may not be available for another 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by frudokafor(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
studyexec:
Hey guys.
I am booked for medicals tomorrow morning. However, I am developing fever symptoms (too much stress this past week) and should take medication.
Will this affect the results? Should I still go ahead or should I postpone? Tight schedules mean I may not be available for another 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance.

If it's not Syphillis or the fever would affect your eyesight.... go for it. You can let the doctor know you ve had a stressful week. They ll just take ur urine for sugar content test

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
mamacajah:

It was OAU, oh. WES did not give me any issues. See timeline below.

My advice, get someone to do the processing and follow up for you when it comes to OAU.

24th April.. paid for transcript
24th May...OAU finally sends transcript to WES
29th May...WES receives transcripts
9th June... WES sends verification request
13th June.. ETX sends payment request for verification, which is paid same day
13th July...OAU sends email to send my WES ref no in order to finally respond to WES
18th July.. OAU confirms verification response has been sent
15th August ..WES ECA report completed, e-copy received
21st August.. WES ECA hard copy received in Nigeria

Interesting but i can see you used ETX here. Could that be the reason for the delay with OAU and you now suggesting we should use someone on ground for proper and prompt follow-up?

P.S: can u furnish me with cost breakdown? Thanks
Great Ife!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hi,

You'd fill the imm008 form (you would get it on cic website), the height and weight form sent with your email and also two copies of your passport photo in the required format asked (make sure to print the format and show it to the studio), the back of one of the passport photos must have the contact details of the studio used and the date the passport photo was taken.

Lastly and most important, your PASSPORT! wink

solos007:

Thank you Wura27....Please what form do I need to fill and send along with my passport as a single applicant for my COPR?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Wiskolo: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
Thank you for the response. I am now at peace. Thank you once again
Yewwygraceful:
Hi Wiskolo, it is normal. It remains like that sometimes even till approval, that is, the stamping of COPR in your passport.

Wura27 shared her screenshot some days ago and it was the same thing even after receiving her stamped passport back.

No worries.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by solos007: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wura27:
Hi,

You'd fill the imm008 form (you would get it on cic website), the height and weight form sent with your email and also two copies of your passport photo in the required format asked (make sure to print the format and show it to the studio), the back of one of the passport photos must have the contact details of the studio used and the date the passport photo was taken.

Lastly and most important, your PASSPORT! wink

Thank you ... smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kyaggy(f): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=59664210]

You are welcome. smiley I wish you good success in your exam.[/quote

Thanks darling, he got the email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Olha: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
frudokafor:

If it's not Syphillis or the fever would affect your eyesight.... go for it. You can let the doctor know you ve had a stressful week. They ll just take ur urine for sugar content test

Does diabetes end the EE journey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All, Please I still need some clarification on this:

So I have finally gotten my ECA from WES completed (HALLELUYAH) after 4 months of back and forth with OAU and I am preparing for my IELTS test. So I need help with the following as I begin to gather the necessary documents for post ITA.

1. NOC- I am yet to sight an NOC for my work experience. My work was logistics HSE / data management related and the only NOC that seems to be close is 1215 but its only one item from the whole NOC description that I can link my work to. Other jobs done can be linked to NOC 1241 (Administrative assistant) and NOC 1411. So which NOCs do I use?

cc:cochtrane

OAU transcript is so snail speed! It took me almost 2 months despite using an insider! Then they mistakenly omitted my husband's transcript. If we had know he wouldn't need it since he has a UK masters, would have just not bothered with his.
Their excuse for mine was that I graduated 15 years ago and I have never requested a transcript. So what?

As for the NOC, just choose the one that has the closest to your job description.
All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
atigro:

Interesting but i can see you used ETX here. Could that be the reason for the delay with OAU and you now suggesting we should use someone on ground for proper and prompt follow-up?

Great Ife!

Greatest Ife, try not to go the ETX route if you can avoid it. If you need someone on ground, I have a contact I can send his details to you. It will cost you a little but it will be way faster than ETX-NG

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Dotcman:

Aww Thank you so much.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hi everyone. Good afternoon o. Someone can't even be gone for 1 day and there are millions of pages to catch up on lol

I didn't receive my hardcopy WES evaluation, only the report on the website, is that ok to use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
MRSDA:

Greatest Ife, try not to go the ETX route if you can avoid it. If you need someone on ground, I have a contact I can send his details to you. It will cost you a little but it will be way faster than ETX-NG

Great Ife,thanks for this as someone has warned against using them in an earlier post. I wouldn't mind having your contact info through pm.
Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mamacajah: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
atigro:

Great Ife!

Yes, I used online for the first and last time..
Transcript request --22k
verification request-- 3k
total --25k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.