Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511322 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
tobey2ng:

Hey, don't toy with peoples emotions o... In other news, we don reach page 300 just nana. Abeg where is oga cochtrane and madam canadianfly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Please for those who have gotten their PPR... how long is one expected to leave the country (Nigeria) starting from the date of issue of the PPR. Can One stay for 1 or 2 years before departing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Petrelli112:
Thanks, but mine is B.Sc, can the person still help?

I have tried to reach him to ask if he can help, but he hasn't answered yet, when I hear from him I'll let you know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:
Please for those who have gotten their PPR... how long is one expected to leave the country (Nigeria) starting from the date of issue of the PPR. Can One stay for 1 or 2 years before departing?

When you get ITA, you are to go for medicals before submitting your application (e-APR). so once your PPR comes, you have one year from the date of your medical tests or the date of your international passport expiration (whichever is earlier) to 'report' to Canada either finally or by way of 'soft landing'. Iwotala?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Please I need help verifying my NOC classification. What official email can I make inquiries from? I have sent to the following emails and it bounces back. Thanks.

noc@workingincanada.gc.ca
NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

When you get ITA, you are to go for medicals before submitting your application (e-APR). so once your PPR comes, you have one year[b] from the date of your medical tests [/b]or the date of your international passport expiration (whichever is earlier) to 'report' to Canada either finally or by way of 'soft landing'. Iwotala?

shocked shocked shocked shocked from the date of medical keeee.... Mogbe ooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Bsbabe:

Please note though that the specifications for the eAPR photo and the COPR (PPR) photo are different so you cannot use one for the other.
If u get the one for COPR which is hard copy, u scan it and derive eAPR's. It is simple!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
wait fes lemme gaan drink chilled malt...

I'm almost saying why did I answer. Just kidding

1. Yes
2. It depends on so many factors. I know alot who's not paying tax on income cos dey don't work in Canada.. I mean it's not like d US and it's facta ish....
3. Yes

Thanks @Hephgirl
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
enocoded4life:

I have tried to reach him to ask if he can help, but he hasn't answered yet, when I hear from him I'll let you know.

I am currently doing in Uniben and someone is helping me. I don't know how to "PM", I would have sent you his details. Try and reach me so I can give it to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
Petrelli112:
Good day all,

I think I have gathered enough liver to start this process, please can someone help me with a contact in Uniben exams and records, let me start with WES while I prepare for ielts, thanks.

I am currently doing in Uniben and someone is helping me. I don't know how to "PM", I would have sent you his details. Try and reach me so I can give it to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!
Congratulations bro, you don't even know how many people you've helped, maybe not directly but through others, especially GS.

Keep shining sir.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kyaggy(f): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

Thanks Boss!

Elfmann, come ann see your people ooo.

Why send you to Abuja when you can do in Lagos? And what has time got to do here? Is it that Abuja’s requests gets attended to much faster than Lagos or any other test center? Ayam not understanding.

Good to hear EOR can be requested outside test centers though. @ Cochtrane and GlitteringStar, for the archives.

If you follow their advice, means you have to courier your TRF to Abuja. This advice has prompted me to share this experience I had with BC;

So, because I didn’t decide on time if to rewrite or wait for my remarked result, the test I booked got expired due to nonpayment. I registered on Friday I got the 1st result, the booked slot expired the following Friday.

I got the email notification that my time to pay had expired hence the test slot cancelled. Immediately I got that mail, I did a little digging to see if I could still pay and retain the date. From what I read, seems like they do not receive payment same day in some cases, sometime receive the next or two days later. So, I paid like 15mins after the mail. Bear in mind mail BC sent states I should get in touch through call, mail or visit if I wish to retain my date.

I tried calling but trust BC’s line not to connect, their response on emails when they decide to respond are appalling to me so I didn’t even try emailing. Last option was to visit, being a Friday, I had to get their before 12noon which I did.

The shocker, lady I spoke to said the test date I paid for was filled and I had to do a mail requesting they book me for the next available date but the payment will suffice. By my calculation, result of the next date will be available maybe just a week before I get result from the EOR. Not worth it if I was to take the exams on that date. I told the lady I wasn’t down for any other date apart from the one I had paid for, if me taking on the preferred date was not possible, I’d rather initiate a refund process.

She turned to her colleague and said I wanted a refund, both of them spoke gibberish for few seconds, later worked on her computer (for about 30 seconds) and to my surprise said “it’s been reversed”. I was like what’s reversed, my money? She said no, the cancellation and I should receive a test confirmation before the next Tuesday. In my mind I was like so you can reverse the cancellation within a very short time and with little effort but you’d rather tell me to go write on another day. Telling her my mind wouldn’t add much so I left.

Had I not insisted, she would have made it seems I had no option than to take her unpleasant advice. Much later, some participants on this thread would ask if test dates were retained after cancellation but I couldn’t share this experience then cause of time. I hope this is useful for someone tomorrow.

Nawa for BC naija,. Their shakara can wake the dead.

Time in my case was because according to the lady that attended to me, that even after applying for the remark in Lagos, they will still send it down to my center which is Abuja before sending out. And the six weeks validity was almost finishing, had to get someone to do for me from Abuja. But in all, BC Nigeria is a huge mess.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kyaggy(f): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Aig84:

Congratulations bro, you don't even know how many people you've helped, maybe not directly but through others, especially GS.

Keep shining sir.

Wow!! Really fast..
Maybe because you are already there.
Congrats!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
enocoded4life:

Thank you very much, God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Scard:

I just sent you an email please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:

U wan archive am?
Yes o, I'll archive the TRF. I have 2 now and hope the next one is my last. I'll be showing my children whenever they misbehave so they know what their father went through for them to have a better life; how BC used my nose to blow whistle (translate in Yoruba). grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

kiss kiss May PPR fall on @MRSDA and all other hopefuls. wink kiss

Hehehe....thank you my sister...
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:
One year from day of medicals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ctrlunlimited: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
House,

Please,is it compulsory to submit transcript request form alongside transcript to WES?

Secondly, if you have been able to send transcript to WES from UNIBEN kindly quote me please, as I need some info.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kyaggy:

Wow!! Really fast..
Maybe because you are already there.
Congrats!!
cc Osemigho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
Professional P setter.
Hephgirl:
u took it out of my mouth ...
If both of u are single please do d needful... Glitteringstar incase Cochtrane is "toasting" shy ( which I suspect he is) slide into dm and just be asking kweshuns u have answers to.
And if both of u r shy just use ur analytic coding to communicate.
Chai see someone's perfect "Ivie"
Ya'll are made for each other

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
Algbenguze:

Yes o, I'll archive the TRF. I have 2 now and hope the next one is my last. I'll be showing my children whenever they misbehave so they know what their father went through for them to have a better life; how BC used my nose to blow whistle (translate in Yoruba). grin

Loooolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Algbenguze:

Okay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by adeji2001: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
My good people i just got a phone call from BC about EOR of July 8 IELTS exam i applied for on the 28rd of July... That my result wont be available till middle of December due to some technical issues. I told the lady on the phone i dont get she now said she will call back before the end of the week. please what do you think is happening?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

When you get ITA, you are to go for medicals before submitting your application (e-APR). so once your PPR comes, you have one year from the date of your medical tests or the date of your international passport expiration (whichever is earlier) to 'report' to Canada either finally or by way of 'soft landing'. Iwotala?
Are u sure of that passport expiration clause?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
adeji2001:
My good people i just got a phone call from BC about EOR of July 8 IELTS exam i applied for on the 28rd of July... That my result wont be available till middle of December due to some technical issues. I told the lady on the phone i dont get she now said she will call back before the end of the week. please what do you think is happening?
They have bitten off more than they can chew. Again, because we don't have any protection, we are their victims. Firstly became victims of Nigerian system.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by djokovic: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
hi Abeg no vex... I only respond to pms from a moniker I've seen or one Dat sort of registers in my head.
Urs doesn't. Can u ask ur questions here I will definitely answer to d best of my ability... Or tag me to ur questions hope that's fine?

Good day house
I have issue disturbing me. The issue is my Date of Birth. dont knw if it will affect me. my transcript has a different date of birth on it and my passport also have a different one also. I want to do my ECA, Dont know if that will affect my chances of geeting the ITA or the PR it self. Yes, I wont be the principal applicant. My wife would be the principal Applicant. Please advice accordingly.
Thank you for ur urgent response.
Cc hephgirl, datechman.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:

Are u sure of that passport expiration clause?

Yes. Very sure. E.g, if medical date is today 18/10/2017 and ur passport is expiring say next year June, your expected landing date and that will be stated on your COPR will be June 2018 as against October 2018 when ur medical is supposed to be 1yr.

It might not even be the principal applicant's passport sef. It could be the spouse or any of the kids. Once any member of the family has a shorter passport expiration date compared to the 1yr medical, its d expiration date dey will stamp every member of that family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dammysanmi(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
dammysanmi:

UPDATE

PPR : 15th Sept
Passports Submitted: 18th Sept
Accra Received: 20th Sep
CIC Application Approved: 11th Oct
PUM (and Courier Fees Paid) : 12th Oct

COPR + Passports Returned : 18th Oct

Danke!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

shocked shocked shocked shocked from the date of medical keeee.... Mogbe ooooo

Pele. It could be earlier sef if ur international passport is even expiring before medical 1yr date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by stealth02: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Quite inspiring... Congratulations

Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
adeji2001:
BC wonders shall never end. I already got a response from BC Abuja last week on the same July 8 EOR which I applied for on 11th Aug (much later than urs). Maybe that "technical" issue is that ink finished when printing ur new trf and won't get replacement till Dec. Useless people! Oga, in other words they still want to chop u small b4 letting go. It is well!

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.