Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511848 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

Bro, mean say you go finish the 4 in no time be that o because you'd still need 1 or 2 for PPC. We used Q life, not sure of Children's Practice. They collected two but we used a less expensive passport biko grin
I get some old ones for Olopa. I won't need the soft copy from studio 24, as I can scan to IRCC photo size and dimensions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2017
Is there a specification for the ones used for medicals? Or will the regular gbanjo one do? grin
Kontagious:

Bro, mean say you go finish the 4 in no time be that o because you'd still need 1 or 2 for PPC. We used Q life, not sure of Children's Practice. They collected two but we used a less expensive passport biko grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2017
Newmum0615:
Is there a specification for the ones used for medicals? Or will the regular gbanjo one do? grin
They only required the passport be in white background and of course recent. I believe the gbanjo will suffice. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

They only required the passport be in white background and of course recent. I believe the gbanjo will suffice. grin
Na even one studio 24 will stamp-date. So at the PPR stage, all things being equal, only that one and another one with blank back make it? Chai.. They no print only two for Pesin?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:
I get some old ones for Olopa. I won't need the soft copy from studio 24, as I can scan to IRCC photo size and dimensions.
Great. Funniest thing, IRCC specified size and dimension among some other measurement. The size I got was within range but dimension was a bit off. At least 420 x 540 is the required, Studio 24 sent me 413 x 531, though just a bit off, I had to rework it to avoid stories that touch. Paying N1,500 (x3) for the soft copy to me wasn't a great decision as a scan of the hard will do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

Great. Funniest thing, IRCC specified size and dimension among some other measurement. The size I got was within range but dimension was a bit off. At least 420 x 540 is the required, Studio 24 sent me 413 x 531, though just a bit off, I had to rework it to avoid stories that touch. Paying N1,500 (x3) for the soft copy to me wasn't a great decision as a scan of the hard will do.
These are in cm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2017
chiobich:
Good morning all,

Thanks for the swift response yesterday. I appreciate it. I hope I am not being a bother if I ask another question. I was not going to but my former employers just contacted me yesterday evening and said that they cannot help me with tweaking my duties while I was there to align with any NOC. I was with them for 4 years as a Funds Transfer officer. See details of my roles below. I would really really appreciate your answers once again in helping me decide on which NOC is best. The thing is giving me worry. Don't want it to be this NOC wahala that will give me problem after sorting the distance learning thing. Thanks.

Accurately processing a variety of financial transactions.
• Balancing work daily, and supporting the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to all security, reconciliation, monitoring and balancing policies and procedures.
• File documents and correspondence, and maintain security within the unit.
• Handle all funds transfer instructions.
• Handle remittance of regulatory returns upon receipt of authorization.
• Liaise with interfacing functions within the bank (SWIFT, Treasury Operations, Clearing and other branches) in the execution of daily duties.
• Maintain an accurate record of all activities and transactions.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Unit head/Team Lead.
• Prepare daily proof of transit accounts and monthly proof of all accounts
• Proactively identify referral opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of the sales process by uncovering customer needs and suggesting bank products and services.
• Process all inflows and outflows of funds (SWIFT, inter-branch transfers, VAT payments, etc) according to requirements of set policies and procedures.
• Process and handles Managers Cheques request and issuance.
• Process and transmit all clearing instruments through the central clearing /municipal/or Zonal clearing unit in line with the Bank clearing procedure.
• Process of treasury and money market products.
• Process salaries accounts and ensure quick credit to salary accounts.
• Process standing order instructions/transactions.
• Provide regular reports/updates as required for management attention
• Provide support in expense processing/posting and prepare daily expense monitoring report.
• Reconcile prepaid expenses and other sundry accounts daily.
• Reconcile sundry statements of accounts and resolve identified outstanding items.
• Remittance of taxes and rendition of regulatory and internal reports.

Check for NOC 1114 and in the titles listed look for interbanking arrangements officer/foreign interbanking arrangements officer... That's the NOC for Funds Transfer Officer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:
These are in cm.
I can't remember but I doubt it's in cm. You'd find the requirement on clicking the help button.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

Me I no sabi all these mathematics and measurement biko. So I just paid d #1500 and waka. After all d transcript, verification, WES, IELTSes, e-APR and RPRF money I no go wound my self because of #1500 calculation. Person wey don see 99 no suppose fear 100. Now na DHL money I dey gather awaiting PPR.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Kontagious:

I can't remember but I doubt it's in cm. You'd find the requirement on clicking the help button.
No P.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

Me I no sabi all these mathematics and measurement biko. So I just paid d #1500 and waka. After all d transcript, verification, WES, IELTSes, e-APR and RPRF money I no go wound my self because of #1500 calculation. Person wey don see 99 no suppose fear 100. Now na DHL money I dey gather awaiting PPR.
Yeah, save any cash u can possibly save. I will just demand for 4 hard copies and scan one myself.. reprint for Olopa and Medicals. Reprinting no pass N500 elsewhere. Abegi!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blackfm: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
Samadict:
Has anyone here sent transcripts from Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba - Akoko to WES? How long did it take AAUA please? And how much did it cost? Thanks
i got a contact in exams and record last week. she told me it costs 27k and takes about a week to prep and send.i believe 30/32k to her account should cover it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
I have done that. But the list I posted is exactly what the HR said they will write on the letter and also state Funds Transfer Officer. I can get them to tweak either the duties or title sef.. Is it ok? If I decide to use another job as primary NOC, can the FT one fly like that?
veritas3:

Check for NOC 1114 and in the titles listed look for interbanking arrangements officer/foreign interbanking arrangements officer... That's the NOC for Funds Transfer Officer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2017
area74:
As advised by fellow nairalanders, I just checked my timeline on my WES account and the status read "we have received your documents, you do not need to do anything at this time" after faxing my degree certificate to them. I also initiated online verification with my school in order to fasttrack the process. Meanwhile, the school also charged me 6,000 for the verification.

Therefore, by the statement on my status, can I confidently say that WES has received my transcripts as well as having my certificate verified? This is happening just a week after paying to WES, applying to school for transcripts via courier, initiating online verification with the school.

The experienced ones, please guide accordingly.

Thank you.

How much did you pay for WES evaluation? If I want to evaluate two(2) certificates from different institution, how much will it cost using WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2017
Pls help........i didnt write my name N other necessary details on the bavk of passport and i have submitted and paid. Pls What can i do

ote author=sleekysilk post=61531501]

Me I no sabi all these mathematics and measurement biko. So I just paid d #1500 and waka. After all d transcript, verification, WES, IELTSes, e-APR and RPRF money I no go wound my self because of #1500 calculation. Person wey don see 99 no suppose fear 100. Now na DHL money I dey gather awaiting PPR. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chiobich: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Did that. My worry is just that the duties I listed in my post is exactly what the HR said they will write on the letter. They are not willing to tweak the duties or even the title. Do it think it can fly? This is what the NOC 1114 says for financial planners, the closest in description. Do you think they match at all?

This unit group includes professional occupations in finance not elsewhere classified such as financial planners, financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.

Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.

Titles:
1. foreign interbanking arrangements officer
2. interbanking arrangements officer

Kontagious:

Put these exact words "40manlappy funds transfer" in the search bar and you'd have your NOC in the first post.

Note: He has his CoPR now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

How much did you pay for WES evaluation? If I want to evaluate two(2) certificates from different institution, how much will it cost using WES?

Same amount for one. No extra charge
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2017
chiobich:
I have done that. But the list I posted is exactly what the HR said they will write on the letter and also state Funds Transfer Officer. I can get them to tweak either the duties or title sef.. Is it ok? If I decide to use another job as primary NOC, can the FT one fly like that?

Please don't worry yourself about the Funds Transfer that would be stated cause job title doesn't really matter but make sure the job descriptions match and that they (HR/Previous Employer) would confirm should IRCC decide to verify...all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2017
chiobich:
This woman sef. Your job title at ur old workplace mustn't be the same with IRCC's. I told u what matters is the duties. If those duties ur HR said they will populate go with 70% of NOC 1114's, that is OK. Let them quote Funds Transfer Officer, u choose NOC 1114-Other Financial Officers. It is a group title.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2017
temydee1:
Pls help........i didnt write my name N other necessary details on the bavk of passport and i have submitted and paid. Pls What can i do

Submitted and paid for what exactly? Are u talking about submission of the hard copy or soft copy?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 10:22am On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.!

Congrats Osemigho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

Submitted and paid for what exactly? Are u talking about submission of the hard copy or soft copy?
He meant he didn't stamp-date and name-write at the back of the passport he uploaded only the front on his eAPR. Walahi wahala dey oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Blackbuddy:

199 points on May 26 was for Federal Skilled Trades Program and not Skilled worker please. We have quite a way to go before Skilled worker points will drop that low if ever smiley

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blackfm: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2017
revlane:

Sending and confirmation was smooth with WES. I think I sent between 18k-25k to a friend who did it for me last year.
I can contact him if you don't wanna travel down
share this contact please. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by incredibledude: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2017
Congratulations!!!
Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

Just keep trying. I no it's not easy convincing men that are not so into abroad relocation things. Let him understand that whether he's accompanying or not,

1) he still has to do medical and PCC.
2) you still have to show proof of funds for the whole family
3) and for medicals and PCC the whole family have to get international passport if they don't have one already.

So the only cost you're saving is application fee and RPRF.

So really there's no point removing a spouse from one's application and facing another troubles few years later when u now decide to bring them in.

Cc: KINGTELLER

Thanks for this analysis,will keep trying,I appreciate ur response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2017
I didnt provide my details at the pbavk of my passport before uploading .

The help button didnt state i shuld provide those details.

Hope it wont affect my application at the review stage and is there anytin i can do to correct it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2017
I don't think they check the soft copy submitted with online application as I am yet to see anyone that was rejected cos of wrong dimension.
What we did was to snap our old passport photographs. The pixel was way off what was required and we did not have any issue with it.

The most important one is the one you submit after PPR as that is what will be on your PR card. Even for that one, if they are not happy with the passport photograph at the point of printing the PR card, the will request a new one from you. The only issue is that it will delay the issuance of your PR card.

Kontagious:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2017
temydee1:

Hope it wont affect my application at the review stage and is there anytin i can do to correct it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:

He meant he didn't stamp-date and name-write at the back of the passport he uploaded only the front on his eAPR. Walahi wahala dey oh!

Oh! OK. Stamp-dating and name-writing is only to be at d back of one the 2 copies requested during PPR. As per e-APR uploading, we're only scanning the front and not the back. Abi?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2017
temydee1:

Oh! OK. Stamp-dating and name-writing is only to be at d back of one the 2 copies requested during PPR. As per e-APR uploading, we're only scanning the front and not the back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2017
sleekysilk:

buhahahahhah

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.