Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514448 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2017
sistaj:
Ielts result out.listening 8.5,reading 8.5,speaking 7.5,writing 7.5. Happy that I maxed out English test scores as it is much needed otherwise I would have requested for EOR for speaking and writing lol.Waiting for Iqas to complete assessment.pls house is it possible for one to include a 16 year old sibling as a dependent in the PR application?If so what is the proceedure?Thanks

Please what material did you use? Has anyone used ieltsbuddy.com here? How effective is it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2017
abbeykun:

Amen!! Just checked mine now...
L - 8
R - 8.5
W - 7
S - 7

I seriously doubt the Writing and Speaking... But no point wasting effort challenging them as I have my desired points... Patiently awaiting ECA conclusion to dive in... Thank God I got the desired score at first try (Can't imagine what going through it more than once feels like).

Best Wishes to awaiting results and tomorrow's exam takers...

Please what did you use to practice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtaminator: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2017
Your new score should update in a few days. The profile status may continue to show update not submitted, but there's nothing to worry about there.
Mine is still showing update not submited since April and I have gotten ITA, submitted and passed Meds.

agates:
Dear everyone, i just updated my husband's score in my profile but it keeps showing update not submitted and my score remains the same. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2017
Awww@ Hephgirl: that was really close. However, I'm in total support of holding on in dashing BC another 68k. Jump into the pool and you'll see that the Next draw is for you

@ All other successful IELTS candidates, I say congratulations and for those of US that would be writing tomorrow, I wish US success in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
FINALLY!!!!!!!
1st attempt LRSW 7 9 7.5 7.5
2nd attempt LRSW 7.5 9 7 7
3rd attempt LRSW 8.5 9 8 7.5
wow congrats to you.what a persistent effort!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 11:17am On Oct 27, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Please what material did you use? Has anyone used ieltsbuddy.com here? How effective is it?
I used Ieltsbuddy, mini-ielts.com,YouTube Ielts Liz,jay,etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 11:23am On Oct 27, 2017
dtaminator:
Your new score should update in a few days. The profile status may continue to show update not submitted, but there's nothing to worry about there.
Mine is still showing update not submited since April and I have gotten ITA, submitted and passed Meds.

Aha thank you o, i was going to delete and create a new profile sharply. Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hugoe(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Mavor:
please share the NOC in demand list link for SINP. I just saw mine and I'm pissed to say the least. Seriously contemplating a remark. My LRW scores are very perplexing.

Overall Band: 8.0
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0

My CRS is 413. cry

Google SINP In demand occupation list. It comes up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abbeykun: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Please what did you use to practice?

I used different materials for each section, although some overlapped...

Listening: Cambridge IELTS General Training
Reading: Cambridge IELTS Academic Training (Academic texts seem more difficult than General for Reading)
Speaking: Youtube Videos (Ielts Liz - ieltsliz.com, Learn English With Emma, Learn English with Ronnie, Learn English with Adam, TEDx Talks)
Writing: IELTSADVANTAGE.COM, Ryan's IELTS Blog

The resources above for speaking and writing helps with general strategy and vocabulary as well...

Best of luck!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eyoiba(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2017
Good morning great minds,
I would like to apply for Sask SNIP because my CRS is low (419). However, my wife is planning to write ielts in January 2018 and I hope she would score enough points to push us to ITA.

My question: If I apply for SNIP and get nominated can I still proceed to do FSW if our CRS increases in the future I.e do have an option of using the crs that suites me or I just have to stick with the SNIP once nominated? Is this the same with other Provincial nominations?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2017
Pls house.
is there anyone at home that can help out with my iquas question. Make una no vex if d question no dey relevant its because i dont how to go about it. I just dey prepare to enter pool.
Person wey no sabi road must ask.
Una thank you.

Morning house.

i want to evaluate my transcript with iquas but my concern is that i requested and collected it myself few months ago. Can anyone help on knowing how to go about it? Can it pose any challenge.

I found this on thier website:

Use the Request of Academic Records Form (0.8 MB) to request that the issuing institution send your transcripts / statement of marks directly to IQAS.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2017
Seyitorl:
Morning house.
. Pls i am a bit worried.

i want to evaluate my transcript with iquas but my concern is that i requested and collected it myself few months ago. Can anyone help on knowing how to go about it? Can it pose any challenge.

I found this on thier website:

Use the Request of Academic Records Form (0.8 MB) to request that the issuing institution send your transcripts / statement of marks directly to IQAS.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

You should order a fresh transcript to be sent by ur school directly to IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2017
perks:

You should order a fresh transcript to be sent by ur school directly to IQAS.

Haa. I just received it yesterday after being on it for sixmonths now. I applied for it six months ago for some other purpose but it waited sixmonths before it got to me yesterday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2017
Mavor:
please share the NOC in demand list link for SINP. I just saw mine and I'm pissed to say the least. Seriously contemplating a remark. My LRW scores are very perplexing.

Overall Band: 8.0
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0

My CRS is 413. cry

What exactly will you be remarking? Your low CRS marks is probably due to your age/ educational qualifications. You only lost 3-6 points for Language however, these are fantastic scores. If you can speak french then you can try taking the TEF.
Goodluck!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2017
Seyitorl:

Haa. I just received it yesterday after being on it for sixmonths now. I applied for it six months ago for some other purpose but it waited sixmonths before it got to me yesterday.

Its Lasu i dont know if its possible.any Lasuite in d house?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2017
Seyitorl:

If the seal or stamp across the flap of the envelop is not tampered with, then u may send it to IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
FINALLY!!!!!!!

1st attempt LRSW 7 9 7.5 7.5

2nd attempt LRSW 7.5 9 7 7

3rd attempt LRSW 8.5 9 8 7.5

Well done! Congratulations...
You tried, tried and tried again till you got what you wanted.
Wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2017
Good day Good People,

Please has anyone gotten ADR for travel history and how did you go about filling the form IMM5562E? I just got an ADR same day medical was passed and UCI issued. the letter reads:

"Travel History Info form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information".

I already provided these information on the eAPR. I also chose "yes" for visa refusal in the statutory questions but these refusals were on an old and expired passport so I did not include scanned copies in the application.

Now I don't know if to just fill-out the form with valid passport and travel history or include the past expired passports and refusal stamps on them.

Any one with experience on this should please offer some assistance. I don't want to over do or under do.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2017
Seyitorl:
Its Lasu i dont know if its possible.any Lasuite in d house?
Surprised to see its LASU's transcript. That school is one of the seamlessly easy schools to get transcript with little follow up needed. Speaking of my recent experience and seems to cut across board. WES acknowledged receipt of transcript exactly three weeks from the request date, that means transcript left school just about the 2nd week! My other concern is why are you so particular about using IQAS? are you aware of their timeline compared to WES and ICES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2017
redocean:

Good day Good People,

Please has anyone gotten ADR for travel history and how did you go about filling the form IMM5562E? I just got an ADR same day medical was passed and UCI issued. the letter reads:

"Travel History Info form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information".

I already provided these information on the eAPR. I also chose "yes" for visa refusal in the statutory questions but these refusals were on an old and expired passport so I did not include scanned copies in the application.

This is not about visa refusal that's the schedule A. This is to have a more detailed travel history including days you spent outside your home country and purpose of the trip. It usually helps inform whether you need PCC from another country other than you home country.
Did you school or live in another country? If you did, make sure you add the resident visas/ permit that enabled you live there legally.

What's you AOR?

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pampem: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
redocean:

Good day Good People,

Now I don't know if to just fill-out the form with valid passport and travel history or include the past expired passports and refusal stamps on them.

Any one with experience on this should please offer some assistance. I don't want to over do or under do.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Fill the IMM5562E form as detailed as possible as stated on the ADR form. Sure it was not stated on the form to submit passport page.

Just fill the form correctly, scan and submit it.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
perks:

If the seal or stamp across the flap of the envelop is not tampered with, then u may send it to IQAS.

Thanks sir. But there isnt any seal or stamp it was cellotaped in a Lasu envelope and addressed to a company and i have opened it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
hugoe:
I just saw mine.
Overall Band: 7.5
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 9.0

I calculated my CRS - 400. I have NOC in demand for SINP. Please, I need some advice from the gurus?

Did I see speaking as 9? shocked. Abeg, wetin you speak for there?

Don't be discouraged. Take heart from bigfido s story. I think someone posted a few days ago that SINP had opened.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
bbaby84:

This is not about visa refusal that's the schedule A. This is to have a more detailed travel history including days you spent outside your home country and purpose of the trip. It usually helps inform whether you need PCC from another country other than you home country.
Did you school or live in another country? If you did, make sure you add the resident visas/ permit that enabled you live there legally.

What's you AOR?

Goodluck

AOR was Oct 14.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
Kontagious:

Surprised to see its LASU's transcript. That school is one of the seamlessly easy schools to get transcript with little follow up needed. Speaking of my recent experience and seems to cut across board. WES acknowledged receipt of transcript exactly three weeks from the request date, that means transcript left school just about the 2nd week! My other concern is why are you so particular about using IQAS? are you aware of their timeline compared to WES and ICES?

Thanks sir.
i will check d others out. I thought it cheaper.

Initially they lost my application form, then came thier strike issue and then courier service messed up.i kept goi g back nd forth before i got it.it seems my village pipu wan try.
Do you have any idea if i can be reapply for another to be sent to wes directly?cos i dont think institutions issue transcrpit twice.( My thought though.) what would you suggest i do sir?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello house,

Please I need your advice here.

I submitted an application for SINP yesterday but having submitting and reviewing my documents, I realised I made a silly mistake in filling SCHEDULE A- BACKGROUND/DECLARATION FORM IMM in filling NO answer for the question- "HAVE YOU BEEN REFUSED VISITOR OR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA TO CANADA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY". I should have filled a YES- 1 refusal for a tourist visa to the UK in 2013.

My question:
Can I quickly correct the error in the form IMM5669 and rescan and submit to immigration.documents@gov.sk.ca with an explanation? Or what can I really do before SINP begins working on this batch of applications.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2017
sistaj:

wow congrats to you.what a persistent effort!

So listening has been dealing with you since... Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesuba: 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to all with PPR's and great IELTS results. To the good brethren and sistren with less than desired ielts scores, take heart, march on and try again. No one will be left behind in this race, God being our help.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
Seyitorl:
Thanks sir.
i will check d others out. I thought it cheaper.

Initially they lost my application form, then came thier strike issue and then courier service messed up.i kept goi g back nd forth before i got it.it seems my village pipu wan try.
Do you have any idea if i can be reapply for another to be sent to wes directly?cos i dont think institutions issue transcrpit twice.( My thought though.) what would you suggest i do sir?
Institutions issue transcript as many times as you request. By my understanding, it even becomes easier and faster after the first request. Its certificates most will not issue more than once.

For the price, its almost same across the three bodies with say +/- $50. What you should rather consider when choosing body should be your discipline and type of degree.

If you use WES, you'd have to go through verification which cost extra N10,000. The verification gets done once the payment is made. ICES on the other hand does not require verification and their timeline recently has been superb.

Last word, if you're not accessing a law degree, Please drop IQAS. Go with either WES or ICES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Kontagious:

Institutions issue transcript as many times as you request. By my understanding, it even becomes easier and faster after the first request. Its certificates most will not issue more than once.

For the price, its almost same across the three bodies with say +/- $50. What you should rather consider when choosing body should be your discipline and type of degree.

If you use WES, you'd have to go through verification which cost extra N10,000. The verification gets done once the payment is made. ICES on the other hand does not require verification and their timeline recently has been superb.

Last word, if you're not accessing a law degree, Please drop IQAS. Go with either WES or ICES.

Okay.Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lilyandie: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
sleekysilk:

Good morning. Unfortunately your Listening has to be a minimum of 8 for the result to be meaningful. Your other grades are okay. You may try your luck by asking for a remark in listening and at the same time if you have cash, try and register for another IELTS exam. Good luck!
I kinda disagree, the result is pretty good, You need to calculate your score and that will help you decide
I had reading 8, Listening - 7.5, Writing 7 and Speaking 8 and I still got 458 total. Waiting for PPR now

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lilyandie: 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
[quote author=egbabiekperemo1 post=61807980][/quote]

Your result is quite good, calculate your points and then go from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.