Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513923 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Congratulations bro.

PPR fall on you... Blessing follow you

I am next

Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

I feel like typing in capitals, I can’t keep calm, it’s PPR!!!

Timeline below;

ECA: 15/08/17
IELTS: 22/09/17
ITA: 04/10/17
AOR: 07/10/17
Med Passed: 21/10/17
IP1: 21/10/17
NA2: 27/10/17
IP2: 28/10/17
PPR: 01/11/17

Will be back with a long post!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tallgirlee(f): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
It is better safe than sorry. I have read severally that CIC recognizes marriage certificate approved by the Federal government. Please use the certificate from the court to avoid stories that touch. Good luck

Deyonsesi:
Gd morning good pple,

Pls has anyone used a marriage certificate dat is not from the registry.

Mine is from a Mosque as I did not go to d registry at dat time, though I've newspaper publication dated dat same yr (2008).

Is it necessary dat Hubby &I now go to d registry cos of dis Cannyland dream?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tallgirlee(f): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
God is ever faithful. A hearty congratulations to you.

Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
cochtrane:

I don't think it does. The first record holder on this thread before XX01 broke the record had a very long time between ITA and AOR. He even had the fastest time on immittracker for a while.

Yeah. Time between ITA and AOR was about a month because my family were not around for medicals. Don't think there is a correlation. Now, they are holding on to my COPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Deebay:

What if the Bsc was declared pre ITA.?

It doesn't matter. What matters is what you are claiming points for. I didn't put mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
Congrats @Kontagious, Veleta and Sleekysilk. Quicker COPR fall on you guys. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
Congrats amiable Kontagious.....may this speedy ppr be really contagious to our hopefuls.. You deserve the best. may d land favor you and yours.

and to Veleta, I am so glad your wait is finally over!! Congratulations dear. May the land also favor you and yours.

To all our ITA hopefuls....may it fall on you.
To everyone at every stage of d process, may we all find success in our pursuits.

@40manlappy.....u ve been conspicuously silent. How far?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
veleta:
Congrats to those that got PPR.
We got ours yesterday too from LVO.
Aor July 14th
Meds passed 26th July
NA2 Sept 13th
ADR 13th October
IP2 25th October
PPR 31st October

Thanks everyone, may we all desire what we prayed for this new month in Jesus name Amen
Congratulations to you. London VO is waking up!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Luvlibee:
I have the over 7 years full time work experience as an administrative officer that's what my employment letter states.
In the course of my job, I carry out environmental health jobs because we don't have an environmental health officer my office.

My highest degree is a master of public health, i have a licience to practice as an environmental health officer, I also have a diploma in management.

Is it OK to apply as an administrator and present my masters degree for evaluation?

I would be most happy to get a response from you. Thanks
So I checked Administrative Officer's NOC - 1221 it is, please look through the duties listed under the NOC to confirm what you do (primarily) fits at least 70%.

Your masters and work experience will give you good points, hope age is on your side? If not, you may wish to compliment your score by having your spouse (if married) take the IELTS or do ECA.

To your question, it is very ok to apply as Administrator if your duties match the duties under 1221, and your masters is good for evaluation.

If however, your job description is far off what 1221 does, you will need to search for a NOC that fits what you do. If you are sure your office will give a reference letter in totality to what you do including that of the Environmental Health Officer, you may search for Environmental Health Officer's NOC as well then compare with what you do. The NOC will have to be of the 0, A or B category. Worthy to note is that Job Title does not matter much but Job Description. So, you might find a NOC with a different title (other than Administrative Officer) but duties that fits what you do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

This is amazing, your speed is wow! Big congratulations to you Kontagious!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
Fameli:
Please did you use you EE number as your application number on the schedule A form?

I did not attach a Schedule A to my e-apr as I do not have any previous visa refusal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
smslive2:
are you planning to submit Nigeria Budget for 2018? grin grin grin grin

crazy funny, hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
Deyonsesi:
Gd morning good pple,

Mine is from a Mosque as I did not go to d registry at dat time, though I've newspaper publication dated dat same yr (2008).

Thanks.

You can ask them - registry, how to go about validating the marriage certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
enocoded4life:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
Use this link to take the eligibility test, at the end of the test if eligible, you will be given a personal reference code (save this code) and directed on how to create your express entry profile.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
Congratulations!!!! Kontagious.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
I wrote IELTS on the 14th. Yet to get the physical result. Anyone know how I can get this now? -> Language test result form or certificate number
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
Feygbe:

Ok just send them an email asking for visa office. You'll get a reply same day. Mine is additional documents are being reviewed, it never changed.

Ok, will do that. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

Wow!!!!! Congrats Kontagious. Am right behind u bro. On IP 1 now. AOR -24th October. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
db23:

Ok, will do that. Thank you
Send email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000XXXX - Visa Office
Body of email:
_____
Hi,

Hi,

I am trying to find out in which Visa Office my PR application is being processed. Following are my details:

Application No.: E000XXXX
Date of Birth: YYYY-MM-DD
Last Name:
First Name:
UCI:
Category of Immigration: FSW/PNP/CEC

Thanks

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
emelueobi:
Congratulations to you, I am happy for you

Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

BIIIGGG CONGRATS!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Congrats Kontagious. Chai I follow get ITA same day with you grin

PPR fall on me and other Nairaland members waiting o. Amen cheesy

Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

Congratulations Mr @Kontagious, you are such a nice and selfless being. I remember the day I posted a question about picking up ielts result for my wife and you were ready to help immediately. This is well deserved. Bro, God bless your journey.......

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
Deyonsesi:
Gd morning good pple,

Thanks.

Hi,
Going by the quote from CIC, you will need to go to registry.
"Spouse refers to either of the two persons (opposite or same sex) in a marriage legally recognized in the country in which it took place..."
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mavor:
I wrote IELTS on the 14th. Yet to get the physical result. Anyone know how I can get this now? -> Language test result form or certificate number

You can't. It's written only on the test report. I guess you'll have to wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hi Ugoiyke,

Do you know the time for the "Planning for Canada" session scheduled for 7th of November in Port Harcourt. I just realized its a work day and I really don't want to miss it.

By the way, I registered without PPR-o, but I have my UCI number, I guess UCI is considered mandatory when PPR is not yet issued. So guys, if you have passed medicals and have been assigned UCI number, you can register. These are the dates available as at today per the mail they sent to me.

S/N Session Date Location
1 7-Nov-17 Port Harcourt
2 5-Dec-17 Abuja
3 9-Jan-18 Ibadan
4 23-Jan-18 Lagos
5 30-Jan-18 Lagos
6 6-Feb-18 Lagos
7 13-Feb-18 Lagos
8 20-Feb-18 Lagos

You can register using this link http://www.planningforcanada.ca/

I hope somebody finds this useful, because I heard the sessions are super loaded and very useful for landing and settling in Canny.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Virt:
Congrats Kontagious. Chai I follow get ITA same day with you grin

PPR fall on me and other Nairaland members waiting o. Amen cheesy

Same here. Been on IP1 since the 18th but no shaking.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oya @Kontagious. Come and infect all of us here with this kain speed shaperly grin

Congrats man

What's your family size though? Any previous visa refusals? Any travel history?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
Thanks
perks:

I did not attach a Schedule A to my e-apr as I do not have any previous visa refusal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ayodeji2017: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
DatechMan:

Are you sure you read from page 0?
Thanks datechman. I actually did read the pages. Im just confused because my masters is in personnel psychology which I've never use to work before but I know will give me extra marks than the HND but my more than tten years work experience has been with my HND and certifications. And my plan is to still continue in I.T when we eventually get to canada. That is why I'm seeking for opinion on which to evaluate with wes along with wife's PhD.
Also, I did a test evaluation with link you sent and score was 469 with wife as PA. Thanks so much for your time.I appreciate sir.
Congratulations to kontagious too on your PPR. May this be "contagious" to all of us at the end of it all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Pamperme: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Congratulations... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jelmusboy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Muslim marriage follows the Sharia Law and I want to believe that Sharia Law is recognized in Nigeria.

I am currently in the UK with my wife and I used Mosque certificate with Newspaper notification of change of name and court affidavit to prove that we are married and her visa was granted despite the fact that she came to join me.

I will only suggest you do court affidavit with the mosque certificate and you should be good to go.

Abby2017:

Hi,
Going by the quote from CIC, you will need to go to registry.
"Spouse refers to either of the two persons (opposite or same sex) in a marriage legally recognized in the country in which it took place..."

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.