Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1516497 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vanessa00:
Get into the pool as a single applicant, get ITA and AOR and marry her afterwards. Easier that way because she wont be needing IELTS or ECA in that case as opposed to the other option.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vanessa00:
Get into the pool as a single applicant, get ITA and AOR and marry her afterwards. Easier that way because she wont be needing IELTS or ECA in that case as opposed to the other option.

How will I notify them about the marriage and what will they require of me to do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ljay17:
Hey people.

Quick question. I'm uploading documents post ITA. Do we need to upload all stamped pages of spouse and dependant's passport?

Thanks

Yes you will need to do that for spouse and dependant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
yimiton:
Some banks like UBA now have a monthly limit of $2000 using Naira debit card. Gtbank is $1,000 I think. If your family is 4 or less, you can use your Naira card for banks that have a limit of not less than $2,000. If your family is more than 4 (including you) then, you'll have to either use a dollar denominated Dom account or look for someone in Canada to pay for you and give the Naira equivalent to whoever he chooses.

We are a family of 4 and the fees are over 2k. Will try our card and if it doesn't work, will ask a friend to help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nogen: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
bbaby84:

Hi Nogen,
Thought you received an ITA at some point. Did you reject it?
I used mostly the YouTube listening practise, IELTS buddy and Ieltsliz and that worked for me.
All the best.

I rejected it then because I found out an error in my application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
ENGRDUDU89:
Pls has anyone successfully used access bank visa card to pay for WES evaluation fees..

Yes. I paid to WES for my brother early July. Was charged @#298/CAD then. But u need to visit an Access bank ATM machine and follow the instructions to sort the 'verified by visa' clearance for online transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=dtush post=60078501][/quote]
@dtush
I believe you can . Raise a cse to change composition of family. I believe there is a form for it with a LOE and your parents death certificate together with any legal document You have. i neleive you will be contacted to do his medicals and all other necessary th' ngs. You can also ask them on Twitter. It's best you include him now since he's still a minor . You wil only pay 150CAD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
very informative thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marc0110(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all.
Concerning The 6months bank statement for POF, it runs from what time to what time?
Many thanks as always
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nogen: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
@bigfido, I am here o as we have concluded our US journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Java47: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Lol @ candlelight.
Sorry bout d mixup(sex)...nairaland has got us guessing. cheesy cheesy
Minwhile i was actually talking about the whole process. Like from CIO to Ottawa or London before Ghana.

And yes, I blive that applicants from the western Africa region go to Ghana for finalization.
You can trust @40manlappy and @mummyjaygirls to set you on d right path. Dy'hv been helping since 1909 right after @Zandora, @Dupyshoo @vcole et all.

I'm So sorry o, I didn't allow the wait get me to that level. Didn't bother finding out anything, just waited and kept waiting patiently.

I solely hope we get new people like them to takeover.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nwandy218: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
If you have a naira mastercard dom acctof $2000 limit,it will work. Remember cad is less than USD.
MRSDA:

We are a family of 4 and the fees are over 2k. Will try our card and if it doesn't work, will ask a friend to help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vanessa00:

Make Arabian doctor no see this ur option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
MRSDA:

Hello,
I also have a family of 4 and our total application fee inclusive of RPRF was 2380 CAD.....which was less than 2000 USD @ that time.
Also at that time, my bank had a ban on using card to pay for foreign transactions.
I was advised to open a dorm account, fund it frm d bdc, and pay.
I wasnt sure of the conversion rates so i funded 2k USD and paid. i was charged roughly 1800 USD( I cant remember d exact figure)

My advice-- If paying wit naira cards gives u issues, go for a dorm($) account.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nwandy218: 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yes you can.
Cannie:
Hello good people
What do you think?
I sold a couple of my properties and I was able to raise way above the POF requirement.
I am looking at ITA sometimes in December.
I honestly can't wait for the 6months bank thingy to apply.
Does it make sense to just invest this money in treasury bills (6month tenure) immediately and use the certificate for POF even if the investment is not up to 2months?
Your opinion counts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by primeson1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello guys,

Please concerning work experience..
I initially filled all my past work experiences on my profile. I worked for 5, 4,6,8, and 5 months in 5 diff companies and soon I would clock one year on Sept 5, 2017 at my present place of work. Can I just claim my present employment as valid work experience by providing work reference for it, since I only need at least 1 year paid employment.
I am saying this because those places I've worked it might be difficult getting work references, they are very very small companies, with no websites or official emails (not to talk of official company phone lines).

I just passed my ielts and will update my profile on Tuesday with 449 crs score.

But I'm thinking what will I say I was doing since finishing nysc Dec 2013 till Sept 2016 that I took up my present work, will that be a problem.?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ASEC: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
Gurus in the house, I have been trying to check my ielts result 19/08/17. the webpage is not displaying. how else can I check pls. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jideflows(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
please how much is the visa fee? i'm seeing $1040..

40manlappy:
FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS (ESTIMATED)

NB: This is just a simplified list
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nogen:

I rejected it then because I found out an error in my application.

Oh dear! Okay.
Goodluck in your next test.
Trust you're going to take the French test too right? For extra CRS points?

x
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Vanessa00: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Notify them immediately after your marriage by raising a CSE with your marriage certificate attached. At the same time send an email to IRCC official email. Few days after you will get a response from IRCC to submit additional documents for your spouse which includes but not limited to birth certificate, PCC, Medicals, updated proof of funds, proof of relationship and so on. You will be given 7 days to submit all of these so its advisable for you to started getting all of the documents ready.

I'm ready to help you and share relevant information and emails from IRCC when you need it since I've got first hand experience using this route.
If you wish to, reach me on vanessaoosagie@gmail.com when the time comes and I will be available to help.
dombosco:

How will I notify them about the marriage and what will they require of me to do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vanessa00:
Notify them immediately after your marriage by raising a CSE with your marriage certificate attached. At the same time send an email to IRCC official email. Few days after you will get a response from IRCC to submit additional documents for your spouse which includes but not limited to birth certificate, PCC, Medicals, updated proof of funds, proof of relationship and so on. You will be given 7 days to submit all of these so its advisable for you to started getting all of the documents ready.

I'm ready to help you and share relevant information and emails from IRCC when you need it since I've got first hand experience using this route.
If you wish to, reach me on vanessaoosagie@gmail.com when the time comes and I will be available to help.
Oh that's nice of you. I will keep in touch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jergins: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Each person with his wahala sha. Still running around for POF while Unilag still stall my masters verification.

IELTS out of the way once. It is well indeed.

billy:
You will certainly come through... Just a lil' more push.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
ASEC:
Gurus in the house, I have been trying to check my ielts result 19/08/17. the webpage is not displaying. how else can I check pls. Thank you.
Use another phone /laptop. If you are in Lagos go to their office .I not give someone a letter of authority with a photocopy of your data page of passport to go their office
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
ASEC:

Use this link -

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx?_ga=https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx?_ga=2.249203522.490735511.1504243952-768061421.1501920449-768061421.1501920449
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
jideflows:
please how much is the visa fee? i'm seeing $1040..

That's for the two fees per adult.

Application processing fee is $550 while Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is $490. Got that?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=primeson1 post=60096331]Hello guys,

Please concerning work experience..
I initially filled all my past work experiences on my profile. I worked for 5, 4,6,8, and 5 months in 5 diff companies and soon I would clock one year on Sept 5, 2017 at my present place of work. Can I just claim my present employment as valid work experience by providing work reference for it, since I only need at least 1 year paid employment.
I am saying this because those places I've worked it might be difficult getting work references, they are very very small companies, with no websites or official emails (not to talk of official company phone lines).

I just passed my ielts and will update my profile on Tuesday with 449 crs score.

But I'm thinking what will I say I was doing since finishing nysc Dec 2013 till Sept 2016 that I took up my present work, will

I think you should recalculate your crs with one year expereince to determine your score. I also think in your ITA form you can me ve the other work experiences to personal history that way you won't provide reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ASEC: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
ASEC:

Finally got to see the result, LRSW 6.5,6.5, 7, 7.5 kindly advise. Do I ask for a remark, cos this result is disheartening. I expected more, especially the reading part
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Lol@ madam and oga at the top, You all play too much cheesy

I am telling you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ASEC: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
40manlappy:

I am telling you! cheesy
I greet you senior! Kindly advice on below
dombosco:
I have read and read this thread. But a little confused about few things!

2. I work in a merchant bank as a contact staff in a dept which is under the account dept. My job duties involves posting of transactions into the software. It's more like and account clerk which I can't find in the NOC under 0,A or B. What shld I do?

3. Is the NOC part of the application process?

Your honest response will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
dombosco:

2. I work in a merchant bank as a contact staff in a dept which is under the account dept. My job duties involves posting of transactions into the software. It's more like and account clerk which I can't find in the NOC under 0,A or B. What shld I do?

3. Is the NOC part of the application process?

2. What does your job description say? Let's start from there. Who will issue your work reference letter? The bank or your outsourcing company? I assumed you meant "contract staff" in your post.

3. Yes. You have to indicate your NOC code

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
I believe our day is going on well. For someone who works in FRSC, I'd like to confirm if the best NOC is 0431 - commissioned Police Officer because they are also commissioned likewise.

Pls I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.