Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? (4418 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? / What Are The Benefits Of A Senate President? / More Insight About The Benefits Of Having New Obas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2017
In most countries around the world, leaders propose and implement some value propositions for their electorates. For example;

1. Free Health Care- this is free for citizens of some countries. In Nigeria, it is not. In fact, some Nigerians cannot afford the commonest type of healthcare.

2. Subsidized Social Amenities- in some countries, basic social facilities are efficiently provided and heavily subsidised For citizens. Nigerians pay a big price for every social amenity, despite the fact that they are inefficient.

3. Free Education- in most countries, education is almost free for citizens. In Nigeria, it is not. Some Nigerians can't even afford to go to school.

4. Unemployment Benefits- in some countries, unemployment of citizens is a burden for the government. The government pay unemployed citizens every month. This does not happen in Nigeria. The government does not care about the welfare of unemployed Nigerians.

5. Special Treatment at National Airports- in most countries, the transition of citizens through their national airports is seamless. In Nigeria, it is a huge hassle. Infact, Nigerian citizens are harrassed and extorted in Nigeria than abroad.

6. Protection of Citizens in Diaspora- In most countries, the protections and accomodation of citizens in foreign countries is a primary duty of consulates and embassies. For Nigerian citizens, embassies and consulates are used to further extort Nigerians and subdue the integrity of Nigerian citizens abroad. If you go to places like Malaysia, Turkey, India etc., the death of Nigerian citizens mean nothing to the Nigerian consulate/embassy.

The Question Is; WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A NIGERIAN?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 20, 2017
The only benefit we have as Nigerians is our Free Space to faint.

Asides that, I don't really see what else we have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Greatzeus(m): 1:29am On Aug 20, 2017
Lots cool
How many mp3 on your phone did you buy? You are lucky to be a Nigerian grin
If you were to pay for all mp3 on your phone,how much will it be?
All the movies you have watched just this month,how many of them did you pay for or was actually an original
Do you know how much it costs to watch a movie in cinemas or cost of buying a movie? Try Amazon,convert it to naira and see grin
Windows O.S version you are using,was it the default O.S or you installed the latest O.S,how much did you buy it?
Ms Office on your PC,did you buy it or it was a counterfeit.
You can make money and still not pay taxes,and still be free. Try that with I.R.S.I know a lot of Americans even celebrities who have been to jail for tax fraud,I don't know any Nigerian who has.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 1:30am On Aug 20, 2017
ShyCypher:

That is sad.

In Denmark and Newzealand, Citizens are PAID to go to school.

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 1:36am On Aug 20, 2017
Greatzeus:
Lots cool
All the movies you have watched just this month,how many of them did you pay for or was actually an original
Do you know how much it costs to watch a movie in cinemas or cost of buying a movie? Try Amazon,convert it to naira and see grin
Windows O.S version you are using,was it the default O.S or you installed the latest O.S,how much did you buy it?
You can make money and still not pay taxes,and still be free. Try that with I.R.S.I know a lot of Americans even celebrities who have been to jail for tax fraud,I don't know any Nigerian who has.

In countries like Australia, as an unemployed citizen, you can do all these things that you have mentioned and still be PAID every month by the government for not being able to find a job to afford them. Infact, the quality of free movies and music online is even better and uninterrupted due to the availability of efficient basic infrastructures.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Greatzeus(m): 1:51am On Aug 20, 2017
Greatzeus:
Lots cool
These are my reasons why you are lucky to be a Nigerian
1. Natural Born Hustlers
2. High suffering and smiling tendency
3. Cost of Music CDs

4. Cost of DVD Movies
5. Getting away with crime
6. Electricity Bills
7. Cost of Education
8. Easy access to religious houses like churches and mosques
9. Cost of barbing
10. Access to cheap/Inferior goods”chinko
11. Overnight celebrity status
12. Complete disregard for copyright laws
13. Complete disregard for others comfort
14. Absence of “crack” cocaine
16. Complete disregard for movie ratings
17. Beating your kids/Spouse
18. God Lives in Nigeria but visits other countries
19. ADD YOURS PLEASE
i created this thread JUly 2016,read it to understand what i am saying
https://www.nairaland.com/3244512/20-reasons-why-lucky-nigerian
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by slimfit1(m): 1:58am On Aug 20, 2017
You can steal from your people and they would still love you like Ibore.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by AngelicDamsel(f): 2:01am On Aug 20, 2017
[b]Everything I need comes to me......
In the bus, fast food will come
On my way to a visit, okada will call me
In my house, NEPA will come
In my dreams, witch will bring food(if I sleep with empty stomach)
My phone customer care begs me to borrow credit...hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Just at any junction in any busy area, you don't need to disturb yourself....... Even pastors will come to you(no need go church) ............. The only thing that doesn't come to us in Naija is money and money answereth all things
With money............... Naija is sweet!!!
Get money in Naija and everything will pursue you like KILODE!
WITH ORDINARY #10, PURE WATER WILL PURSUE YOU TILL YOUR BUS ENTERS GEAR5! grin grin
If you don't understand me, go to the nearest city around you!
I am happy to be a Nigerian
Arise o compatriot!
With all the challenges, we dey survive!!!

In Nigeria, No natural disasters...... Our problems are man made........ So GOD too LOVE US!!!
Upon how sun dey roast us everyday, we see other countries we get hope! grin grin grin

See them comparing Nigeria with other countries!!![/b] grin grin gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by plainol(m): 2:01am On Aug 20, 2017
A
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by 7footre(m): 2:08am On Aug 20, 2017
The major benefit

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by dotunbekro06(m): 4:02am On Aug 20, 2017
ShyCypher:

No more fainting for free again oo.. You will have to book space now. .

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 20, 2017
That's sad.

The last hope of the common man taken away from him while senators seek immunity.

Every Nigerian citizen deserves the God-given right to faint wherever he/she chooses.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by unohbethel(m): 6:06am On Aug 20, 2017
ShyCypher:

hehehe...free space to faint?

actually there is no free space again o.

even d lagoon may be filled up.lol
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2017
Free healthcare is a fundamental right in Canada. You can even go check your feelings for free grin

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Terrorists In Their Camp / Millions Of Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts From January / Nnamdi KANU Change Gov Ezenwo Wike Name To Nwike Ezenwa-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.