Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? (27931 Views)

No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy / Do intertribal Marriages work? / Intertribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 12:55am On Aug 25, 2017
Ugosample:

I think Inter ethnic marriages shouldn't be frowned upon, and it should be left as a choice, not as an obligation

It is your view that is the genesis of the problems of this world

Too much attachment to Cultural identity leads to a form of superiority complex and tribalism in the world, which has also led to genocides in the past (Nazi Germany and the Armenian genocide)

If they had in laws from there, they would have been less likely to commit genocide against them
So you know about the Armenian holocaust. Thumbs up. But please revisit the claims of the six million holocaust Jewish genocide by the Nazis. Google is your friend. Cheers
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 12:55am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

I just knew someone will go emotional and leave facts alone.
I guess the Chinese and Koreans who hardly inter marry are "backward" or you are more evolved than them.
How does intertribal marriage preserve culture?
What then is your identity if you are from different places at the same time?
Discouraging intertribal marriage IS NOT EQUAL TO tribalism. Tribalism has nothing to do with that, it's a mindset and you can still be a tribalist even in an intertribal marriage like the example i sited in the OP.
Please reply intelligently and with facts and not appealing to emotions or trying to sound politically correct. Face REALITY PLEASE.
Intertribal marriages kills and dilutes cultures they lose coherence and values becomes extinct faster

The Chinese and Koreans outside China and Korea do inter marry? the ones at home even inter marry amongst fellow Asians
A trip to Cambodia will show you

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 12:58am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

The bolded is what is going to destroy the West. The Asians understand the importance of protecting their values. This is why China will become the next world power.
It is political correctness. We can never be united, we are different people, @the tower of babel unity of the human race was discouraged by "separating their tongues". Its suicidal to try to unite everybody in the name of being politically correct.
We can only interact BUT OUR UNIQUENESS MUST BE PRESERVED. Not trying to "mingle" and intermarry thereby losing our identity.

Inter marriage is what built the west, and greatly stopped the infighting amongst them

That is why they could come under that umbrella "white" and they also put us under the umbrella "black"
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:01am On Aug 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

So you know about the Armenian holocaust. Thumbs up. But please revisit the claims of the six million holocaust Jewish genocide by the Nazis. Google is your friend. Cheers

The holocaust was an undeniable event, a shameful event

The only people who don't believe that are mostly some Muslims, or will I say Arabs who don't like the Israelis.
The accounts are there, the Gas chambers were (and still are) there, eye witness account, and even holocaust survivors narrated the story

So indeed, there was a holocaust
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:05am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

The bolded. If Isrealited continued marrying Hittites what would have happened to them?
Hittites would lose their culture offcourse to the Isrealites. Cause and effect. See?
Identity is identity. Wherever you want to claim.
If we all keep marrying fron other places it would get to a point most of us wouldn't even know where we are from.

But if Hittite men were marrying Israeli women too, how would the Hittite have lost to the Israeli?

I have a feeling that you are a cultural supremacist, because people who share your views that I know in real life all are
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 1:07am On Aug 25, 2017
codemaniacs:

you are a victim of "revised history"... the religion of b:lack people is sun worship...

the religion of Yorubas is not worship of Sango or Ogun but the worship of Olorun... In 95% of b:lack ethnic groups in Africa, the name of the sun and the name of god/goddess are the same... so all Africans knew the sun as god/goddess... till date people worship "the most high", the one that is the same today, yesterday and in future...

since I've been alive only the sun hasn't aged a day, only the sun is the highest point in the world, only the sun is omnipresent and only the sun will see the last day...
Your 95% is a specific mathematical percentage based on your own research abi the workings of your mind? I see you referring to gods and goddesses in relation to the Sun. How is that different from my assertion that Yorubas worship Sango and Ogun (and of course ancient religions have a pantheon of gods /goddesses) other than that I didn't specifically mention the sun but my point was to show that Christianity was not the religion of your forefathers.
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:10am On Aug 25, 2017
PataAlhaja:
I think the OP has a point.

As a proud Yoruba nigger, if at all, I consider marriage sometimes in the future, she just has to be Yoruba. Kids are closer to their Moms and I would love to raise 100% Yoruba kids, with 100% Yoruba names and inclinations ... kids who would learn the Yoruba language, culture and ways from their Mom and I ...

Besides, I love speaking the Yoruba language so much. So getting married to a "Non-Yoruba" is definitely not an option.

No apologies ... My life, my choice.

Life's too short, you know. Igba o lo bi orere, Aiye o tan lo bi opa ibon! grin

Nothing wrong with your choice

But your types should not crucify others who decide to toe the other path.

It's a free world, and a fast evolving world, you all have to deal with that
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:11am On Aug 25, 2017
LordKO:
@OP

You have a parochial definition of culture. As far as I am concerned, culture isn't the way the dead lived and did their things, but how the living chooses to live and do their things. .

I'm too liberal for culture or any other trivial thing to inhibit me from marrying any lady that tickle my fantasy.
Nice

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Chukazu:

Never say never... The day you meet the one you love, her tribe would be the last thing on your mind, talking from experience

It's the mindset that your tribe is superior to another, is what makes you want to cling to your tribe.

God did not create any tribe, God created humans in his image, but we what want to recreate God In the image of our Tribes

EXACTLY!

Your second paragraph sums it all up for their likes

Cultural Supremacy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:21am On Aug 25, 2017
deedeedee1:

Marry from your tribe so your children will appreciate their culture. I have seen many children born from intertribal marriages that are either here or their. Most even tend to love their mother's side more.
If you are a man, my advise is for you to marry someone from your tribe.
Only fools marry people outside their tribe

Is it a crime for your kids to love their mother's side more?

It's okay undecided
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 1:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Ugosample:

The holocaust was an undeniable event, a shameful event

The only people who don't believe that are mostly some Muslims, or will I say Arabs who don't like the Israelis.
The accounts are there, the Gas chambers were (and still are) there, eye witness account, and even holocaust survivors narrated the story

So indeed, there was a holocaust
Sighs, I understand where you coming from and how your mind has been shaped. It would take time but if you are curious enough one day you will come to see a different perspective. I ain't a Muslim.
But for starters and as I write it Google it :the number of persons claimed to have been gassed at Auschwitz as depicted on the plaque at the site was reduced from 4 million to less than 2 million in the 90's as a result of the Ernst Zundel trials of 85(the evidence of the foremost Jewish holocaust historian was torn to shreds by Doug Christie, lawyer to Ernst Zundel) and 88
Google Red Cross data on the total number of jews that were killed in the camps.
There's no single evidence for the gassing of the Jews. None! Zilch. The gas chambers shown were constructed after the war.
Are you aware that questioning the veracity of the holocaust is a crime in 17 countries in Europe. Why? The truth fears no investigation, not so?
The popular Anne Frank's diary has been proven by Robert Faurisson to be forgeries.
I could go on and on and on. But Google is your friend. I am not a Muslim. Never been and would never be.
Download 'Tell the truth and shame the Devil' written by Gérard Menuhin (son of Yehudi Menuhin great Jewish violinist of the 20th Century) So many books I can refer you to sha. Cheers
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:24am On Aug 25, 2017
deedeedee1:
My child will never try that. They will be raised well. His tribe matters most.
Teaching your child how to be a cultural supremacist LMAO grin cheesy
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Ugosample(m): 1:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

Sighs, I understand where you coming from and how your mind has been shaped. It would take time but if you are curious enough one day you will come to see a different perspective. I ain't a Muslim.
But for starters and as I write it Google it :the number of persons claimed to have been gassed at Auschwitz as depicted on the plaque at the site was reduced from 4 million to less than 2 million in the 90's as a result of the Ernst Zundel trials of 85(the evidence of the foremost Jewish holocaust historian was torn to shreds by Doug Christie, lawyer to Ernst Zundel) and 88
Google Red Cross data on the total number of jews that were killed in the camps.
There's no single evidence for the gassing of the Jews. None! Zilch. The gas chambers shown were constructed after the war.
Are you aware that questioning the veracity of the holocaust is a crime in 17 countries in Europe. Why? The truth fears no investigation, not so?
The popular Anne Frank's diary has been proven by Robert Faurisson to be forgeries.
I could go on and on and on. But Google is your friend. I am not a Muslim. Never been and would never be.
Download 'Tell the truth and shame the Devil' written by Gérard Menuhin (son of Yehudi Menuhin great Jewish violinist of the 20th Century) So many books I can refer you to sha. Cheers

So are you telling me that the holocaust never happened?

Na wa o shocked shocked

Extermination of the Jews was a state sanctioned policy of the Nazi government under Hitler.
Hitler made it clear from day 1.
Why did hundreds of thousands of jews flee to the USA?

Or are you saying that Hitler was hallucinating?

One may argue that maybe not up to 6 million were killed, but to say it never happened is just unbelievable.
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 1:34am On Aug 25, 2017
codemaniacs:

Kwara is not an example, Kwara is the way it is because the Fu:lanis attacked the Yorubas in Kwara who at the time were fighting the B:ritish in Lagos and fighting an intra-tribal war so the Yorubas fought on three fronts, the Yorubas realised the intra-ethnic war was pointless and decided to split and attack the f:ulanis, the f:ulanis were killed and were pushed out of Kwara and were almost over-run by the Yorubas but at that point the B:rits called a truce, and since they probably had better firepower and there were Yoruba traitors an agreement btw the f:ulanis and Yorubas was signed and the f:ulanis were allowed back into kwara by the b:ritish who installed an emir there because they wanted to make sure the Yorubas were subjugated..

the same thing repeated itself during the 1967 civil war but the b:ritish never called a truce because the two major southern Nigerian tribes were at war with each other... I still don't understand why the I:gbos stopped attacking the f:ulanis and started to attack the SW.. but the Yorubas over-ran the eastern region and then the british had successfully used the igbos to change the constitution and create disharmony btw southern Nigerian tribes and again installed a f:ulani president..

In summary, kwara happened because the people with better deadly weapons favoured a particular ethnic group and till today in each African country there is always a "favoured" ethnic group...

the b:ritish could have stopped the civil war but they didn't because the ethnic group they favored was no longer been attacked, remember the biafran currency was Pounds... so Biafra itself is a b:ritish creation so igbos can never be supported to attack the f:ulanis but the Yorubas..

Jeezzz and I am here involving myself in exchanges with you. Lawd! By constitution I like to investigate historic events myself. This your history is the real revised history produced from the studio of your mind. I first doubted your account of Kwara 19th century events but when I read your account of 1967 events I totally disbelieved the bunkum you put out there. If I ask you for a source now you will point to your mind. What you wrote above is pathetic.
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 1:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Ugosample:

So are you telling me that the holocaust never happened?

Na wa o shocked shocked

Extermination of the Jews was a state sanctioned policy of the Nazi government under Hitler.
Hitler made it clear from day 1.
Why did hundreds of thousands of jews flee to the USA?

Or are you saying that Hitler was hallucinating?

One may argue that maybe not up to 6 million were killed, but to say it never happened is just unbelievable.
Ugo no single Nazi era document or documents of a state sanctioned policy to exterminate the Jews exist ooo. None has been found ooo and remember that Germans document everything they do ooo.
Guy I am not saying that it happened or did not happen. I am only inviting you to investigate like a detective should investigate an alleged crime. if you are interested please investigate this thing yourself. Cheers Ugo
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Mujtahida: 1:49am On Aug 25, 2017
tintingz:
Dumb post. False history. grin

Go and read how Afonja allied with the Fulanis to take over Alaafin.

The Fulanis were already settlers in kwara state not by war but hosted by Afonja.
Too late before I realised that I was exchanging with a man with a very fertile but false imagination. Look at his monika again you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by ivolt: 2:32am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

I just knew someone will go emotional and leave facts alone.
I guess the Chinese and Koreans who hardly inter marry are "backward" or you are more evolved than them.
How does intertribal marriage preserve culture?
What then is your identity if you are from different places at the same time?
Discouraging intertribal marriage IS NOT EQUAL TO tribalism. Tribalism has nothing to do with that, it's a mindset and you can still be a tribalist even in an intertribal marriage like the example i sited in the OP.
Please reply intelligently and with facts and not appealing to emotions or trying to sound politically correct. Face REALITY PLEASE.
Intertribal marriages kills and dilutes cultures they lose coherence and values becomes extinct faster

Chinese are not an homogenous group, in fact homogenous group with significant
population don't exist anymore.

Identity is fluid and it has always been!
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by ice4u999(m): 2:53am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
I was having a discussion with a few friends yesterday. I told them emotions aside, intertribal marriages shouldn't be ENCOURAGED.
Why? To preserve our culture, our identity is in our culture. I know alot of products of intertribal marriages that are torn between the question of identity.
I once read where a lady from an intertribal marriage said her mom insisted she married her own tribe as against her dad's.
In many intertribal homes there is this cultural neutrality, and many times there's a power play on the kids among the two in-laws.
Even the bible doesn't encourage intertribal marriage, remeber the instructions Abraham gave to his servant and the fact that Jesus was sent to the jews ONLY initially.
Have you wondered why the Chinese and Koreans do not marry outside their race, why do you think there is that cultural cohesion and reverence with them anywhere they go.
My take is INTERTRIBAL MARRIAGES SHOULDN'T BE ENCOURAGED.
What's your take? Please be factual and intelligent DO NOT APPEAL TO EMOTIONS.

**modified**
Alot of people are saying "culture evolves". Yes cultures evolve. But fundamentals like identity remains same.
Culture evolves. Identity doesn't. The fact that the Yorubas believe they descended from Oduduwa is UNIQUE TO THEM ALONE AND CAN NEVER EVER EVOLVE.
THE MOMENT IT DOES WE HAVE LOST WHO WE ARE

An Igbo father once used this story of Abraham as an excuse for his daughter not to marry a friend. Because women from other areas were into sin was why Abraham requested for somebody from his hometown.

Secondly, a lot of Nigerians today in North America and even in China and Korea are married to their women.

There is nothing like lost of identity because every tribe in Nigeria have one thing in common which is; when a woman marries she automatically becomes a part of the man family. The children can learn both tribes but doesn't change the fact that they answer their father's name and also recognized based on their father's tribe.

Every Country and language have their various belief of who created them and how they came into existence it is just man looking for something to belief in to avoid being curious ( but look believe that God in heaven created me but that is not the subject right now).

The only way you can get prevent inter tribal marriage is if your community people prevent others from coming in to your community and your community people not going into others. Simple
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Demmzy15(m): 3:16am On Aug 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Good for you undecided undecided
tongue
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Demmzy15(m): 3:16am On Aug 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Good for you undecided undecided
tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by wickyyolo: 4:40am On Aug 25, 2017
deedeedee1:

Because he does not support intertribal maeraige.? Are you not a tribalist byinsulting Muslims?
Ibo pig!

I'm not Ibo. I fell in love with a Yoruba Muslim girl. I even approach her parents but they denied me true love.

I believe they are like that. Just like Op
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Lilimax(f): 5:06am On Aug 25, 2017
tintingz:
Religion is part of what makes people abandon their culture, heritage. Why are you cherry picking?
True!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
I

I'm sure you will be the first to complain of racism if a white person says the same thing about blacks.
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by godquality: 5:17am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

My take is INTERTRIBAL MARRIAGES SHOULDN'T BE ENCOURAGED.
What's your take? Please be factual and intelligent DO NOT APPEAL TO EMOTIONS.
My take is you are a racist. I've always known that the black people are the worst racist ever. So because someone is from a different tribe then I shouldn't marry that person. See we are in 2017 and not 1967.
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by codemaniacs: 6:13am On Aug 25, 2017
kk

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Bibidear(f): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

My dear God will bless you!
To all those shouting in the above comments don't comman read this one oo.
I know they will say it is not restricted to intertribal marriages, that even same tribe marriages have issues but you and i know that CULTURAL DIFFERENCE is a really big factor in problems of intertribal marriages.
O kaare omo iya
its a big factor,my dad's sis even married an Esan man she is also having issues,marriage is a life time commitment. I will never make that mistake of marrying from another tribe

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Bibidear(f): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2017
deedeedee1:
We Iove you too
thanks jare

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Juliearth(f): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Yes! Especially between Afonjas and Igbos(laughs)
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Cindy08: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2017
menxer:

There is nothing like cultural preservation (Except in the sense of historical artifacts), culture changes and evolves are we do.

If we had insisted on using clay tablets to write because that was our cultural way of writing, do you think you would be typing on that device right now? though the device is a Samsung "tablet" it is not a clay "tablet." meaning we have evolved from the culture of using clay tablets to Samsung tablets.
Good illustration

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Gerrard59(m): 8:01am On Aug 25, 2017
Marrying from a different tribe or race is good and healthy based on science. The gene pool gets wider and confers desirable characteristics on the offspring. Just like in agriculture.

Last I checked, science not racial tantrums or tribalism is "bae".
Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by OrdercityWeb: 8:17am On Aug 25, 2017
Bibidear:

its a big factor,my dad's sis even married an Esan man she is also having issues,marriage is a life time commitment. I will never make that mistake of marrying from another tribe
Thank you! This is reality.

You just made my week already!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 25, 2017
End-time post. Who tribe epp. We all are humans and we will still die. Enjoy your life with people who makes you feel like staying more on earth. Like say intertribal marriage follow for 10 Commandments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Stood Up To My Father / It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / Who Are The Parents Of 2 Children Found Wandering In Enugu? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.