Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning (35492 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by amuokuko: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
He picked money not belonging to him, pocketed it, he did not even speak about it with his colleagues to find out who owns it nd u call him honest

No wonder we hail thieves in nigeria....
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
As you are commending the act. Were you grateful too to the guy. Like giving him some out of it. If you did not then you werent grateful enough. Honesty and Gratitude are life styles that everyone is supposed to have.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by OliveCynosure(f): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Yes, but when it comes honesty, Muslims are more honest than Christian.

?
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Adiwana: 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2017
hfeetham0:
Ask the hausa man he will tell you he did that for the fear of Allah... And if he goes to bomb a local market... you will link the latter to religion and tell me the former is self principle? your logic never cease to aaze me..

Are we christians not meant to also do things for the fear of God.Afterall the two guys in the keke were no allah worshippers.We should not always put everything under religious radar.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Wasquad(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lukay99:

Yes Religion have everything to do with honesty, or is it because the said religion happened to be Islam? Will you have said the same thing if it was done by a Christian?
Had it been that the hausa man had committed an evil act or an act of terrorism, you guys will be quick to attribute it or blame it on Islam. The least you can do is to give credit where credit is due even if it's done by a Muslim or any other religion

Simple.. With comment read so far it shows how hypocrite people are. It can't be religion now but if it's terrorism it is religion.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
OliveCynosure:

?

So I just checked in my account to see several mentions- some insulting me and others calling me liar, and some claiming that religion has nothing to do with individual character.
The truth is , whether we like it or not, there are some forces that shape people behaviour and make them act the way they do, and religion is one of these forces.
Religion keep people in check, because of the fear of inevitable in the afterlife. Muslims are generally more devoted and serious about their religion than Christians. Muslims take religion Very serious and it's the most important to them, this is the reason why there are more honest Muslims than Christians because Islam in the strongest term, forbid cheating the lies and many other crimes.
Let me give you guys an example, I have never had the notion that Muslims are considered to be more honest than Christians until I joined nairaland. I have never had any serious relationship with Christians until I registered in this forum.
I trade PayPal, Bitcoin and many other currencies in nairaland business section, and there was time I want sell PayPal to one of the member here. The disagreement ensured between us as to who will send the money first. But once I drop my bank account name and he saw Muslim Hausa name, he asked if I'm northern Muslim and told him yes. He said no problem, he would send me the money first because he believes Muslims are more honest than Christian, especially northern Muslims. That's even how I got the idea that Muslims are more honest than Christians. This happened to me not once. And here in the north we see our self as less honest Muslims than Arab.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
Pray:
Not muslims, buy Hausas are honest. Either Muslim or Christians. Not talking politicians though. cry
So I just checked in my account to see several mentions- some insulting me and others calling me liar, and some claiming that religion has nothing to do with individual character.
The truth is , whether we like it or not, there are some forces that shape people behaviour and make them act the way they do, and religion is one of these forces.
Religion keep people in check, because of the fear of inevitable in the afterlife. Muslims are generally more devoted and serious about their religion than Christians. Muslims take religion Very serious and it's the most important to them, this is the reason why there are more honest Muslims than Christians because Islam in the strongest term, forbid cheating the lies and many other crimes.
Let me give you guys an example, I have never had the notion that Muslims are considered to be more honest than Christians until I joined nairaland. I have never had any serious relationship with Christians until I registered in this forum.
I trade PayPal, Bitcoin and many other currencies in nairaland business section, and there was time I want sell PayPal to one of the member here. The disagreement ensured between us as to who will send the money first. But once I drop my bank account name and he saw Muslim Hausa name, he asked if I'm northern Muslim and told him yes. He said no problem, he would send me the money first because he believes Muslims are more honest than Christian, especially northern Muslims. That's even how I got the idea that Muslims are more honest than Christians. This happened to me not once. And here in the north we see our self as less honest Muslims than Arab.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
emmyreelzy:
tongue grin grin[i][/i][color=#550000][/color]
frubben:
who gave u dis fact, like the guy up dere said, honesty is an individual thing. No come curse religion war for here

patola080:
dat means if u too find dis money u re not going to gv it to d owner abi?? Some Christian re more honest den ur so call Muslims n some Muslims too re honest den we Christian it is in both so stop all dis ur side of one dan d other
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
laliga01:

I bet to disagree, honesty has nothing to do with religion.
1. On two occasions at the airport, money has been returned to the owner that am aware of. Who are they? Christians
2. The civil savant in kogi that was over paid with over 1+ million, she returned it. Who is she? Christian.
3. Last week, a guy reported an alert on his diamond bank account, from his name, you will know he is a Christian.
Plus many other scenario like that. So dnt add religious sentiment cos of ordinary 5k. Na people de return millions.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
symbianDON:

muslim are not more honest than Christians! be objective. honestly isn't about your religious affiliation but about your the state of your heart...your conscience. anyone can be dishonest irrespective of tribe, nationality or religious affiliation. your blanket assumption reeks of prejudice.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
Danyl:

I don't believe so sir, honesty is not a function of religion. Home training should also be factored into this. Christianity and Islam only enhance your true core values, you don't develop those good attributes because you are a Christian or a Muslim. Why do we have many corrupt pastors and Islam clerics, what's even the basis for comparison when we all are from different family backgrounds, past and experiences. We only become better because we are good on the inside. Your religion only brings out the best in you not the other way round.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by dynamic006(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:
Dude honesty is not a function of religion but just a matter of principle.

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.
And in same vein,there are some very dishonest Muslims,Christains etc.

So please,do not tie an act of honesty to religion.
it's a matter of principle, but when ever a Muslim commit any immorality, then it's a matter of religion not principle. Awon oni yeye

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by mesoprogress(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

THE good is not by claiming we are God - fearing, it's by our deeds.

This is a true story and happened to me minutes ago, Happy Sunday Guys.

Every Christian would do it
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by hfeetham0(f): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Adiwana:

Are we christians not meant to also do things for the fear of God.Afterall the two guys in the keke were no allah worshippers.We should not always put everything under religious radar.
My comment was directed thinking you are one of those self acclaied athiests..
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by seyoops4u: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

There are as many Christians,Atheists,Traditionalists who are as honest as the Muslim guy in your story.

God bless you,
I think the guy is a muslim, just trying to glorify his religion. Honesty has nothing to do with any religion.

I wont fall for that please...

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by frubben(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

so u are a Muslim no wonder. I no insult u o
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by tunnamaniah(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

as far as I am concerned he already stole the money and was hoping the owner wouldnt re-collect were he left it hence that was why he didnt return when he came to collect the trouser and later came up with a Bogus story of how he found it on the floor ..Abeg we know all of una
at last, someone with a clear sense of judgement, bro, na only few of us remain for nigeria, pls don't lose that sense

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by vivalavida(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:
This morning I went down to get my trouser amended, prior to going I had about 5,000 naira in the pocket of this said trouser and I totally forgot I had put it in there last night. Fast forward I went to an Hassan multipurpose shop near my street where they amended clothes, shoes and bags and gave the trouser to one to amend whilst I waited.

When he was there I went home and tested the trouser on my body, then I dipped my hand into my pockets and at that moment I remembered I had put some money there last night but lo and Behold there wasn't any money in there anymore. It was crazy as I sped immediately with the trouser still on back to the shop, one arriving back there I couldn't find the man who amended my trouser. I asked his colleagues about him but they said he had left then I complained to them that the cloth he amended for me had some money in it but I couldn't find it anymore. They told me they had seen no money but that he had already left. Dang! This man has claimed sharp on me and zoomed off with my money and I was resigning to fate, he came strolled back to the shop from wherever he went to and I couldn't recognize him but the other hausa men spoke some hausan to him and then told me he's the one.. I told him i had some money in the trouser he amended but after shaping I couldn't find the money...

Love and Behold, he dipped his hand in his pocket and told me he picked it on the floor that it must have fallen while I was removing the cloth from my body after testing his work. He handed back the 5,000 naira to me.
The honesty of this Muslim fella has made my Sunday already and I couldn't help but wonder, how many of we Christians can actually do this. I know certain people who probably would have shared that money amongst themselves the moment they saw it and all connive to say they didn't see it when I had returned to complain.

Honesty is not attributable to one religion

I was at my barber shop this afternoon for a haircut. He gave someone change and money fell out of his pocket. No one saw it. After sometime I saw the 2k neatly folded and picked it and handed it over to him.
Once u are honest, u are honest. It dosent have to do with a particular religion. My father thought me to be contented in what I have as my own.

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by mohbobo: 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
Brother, I'm happy u got back ur money..dat Hausa chap was jst one of d fews ones dat re honest..
I'm a Muslim, vbeen living in d North for God knows when.. An average Hausa guy/gurl best slogan is walahi..and it's all to deceive n dupe u. They re worst in evil perpetrating dan any one yu can think of..

1 Like

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by bentuzene(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
Religion isn't the problem, humans are the problem!
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by vertueptime: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Exactly how Isis and Bokoharam and ishwarb are honest.

I really love their honesty.

Consider those ones expelled muslims, they are on their own
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by kpolli(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
How do you know he is Muslim? Because he is Hausa you assumed he is one.... But honesty is not by religion. Thank your God, He sent you a good man
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by amnesty7: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Thank you too for saying the truth. I salute your objectivity .
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Coolgent(m): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
Andyblaze:

Allahu Akbar!
Bro. Dnt mind those calling u with all sort of names.
U did the right thing.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
Obudupikin:

Correct guy.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Tellemall: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nairaboi:

Read my comment and digest extensively. I made mention of a typical Hausa man, and not a Moslem. Muslims you can find in any tribe, but believe me if you have been transacting business amongst the tribes in Nigeria, you will never dispute my claim that an Hausa man is more truthful and honest as far Nigeria is concerned. Even though I may not have statistics to back this up, it is a statement of fact. Mind you am not even a Northerner

Hausa people are mostly Mohammedan, except the few who're traditionalists or Christians. So there's a point in mentioning that they're Mohammedans.

There is nothing that I've noticed to be honest about them. That your​experiences with them are good doesn't make them more truthful or honest than the rest of the Nigerian populace.

They've proven themselves as brutal, cruel (senselessly so) and dishonest people as a whole. Do not try and paint them as something different from what they really are.

I never said you're a Northerner.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Iseoluwani: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

Yes, but when it comes honesty, Muslims are more honest than Christian.
Modified

Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by Tellemall: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
papiforreal:

It appears people are very scared of losing their arms rather than the way you portray it, as them being so honest.

Given enough freedom in Western lands, I've had Mohammedan associates who ate during Ramadan, lied , were greedy, hateful etc

Remove the fear of physical retribution by other Mohammedans, and you will see them revert to their true nature.

They're just as dishonest as everyone else. And worse because they can be very hypocritical.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by AnanseK(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Whether Muslims are more honest than Christians in Nigeria, I cannot say with certainty but that perception is widespread. A Hausa Muslim man from Kaduna was among a group of Nigerians visiting a foreign country on work related visit. They met with Nigerians living in that country as part of the visit. When they were coming home a Nigerian lady resident and working in that country brought some money about $10, 000 to this Kaduna man to take back home to her mother who lived in Portharcourt.
The man said but he lives in Kaduna and hardly goes to PH and there are in fact persons in the visiting group who are from PH and those who visit PH frequently that she should give the message to them. This lady insisted that she wanted him to take the message because he was a Muslim and a northerner, she was sure the message would be delivered to her mother, but she could not trust the others. She gave her mother's name and address and said It doesn't matter how long it takes for him to visit Portharcourt.
This is a true story. But of course this is just one story and it cannot be used to generalize issues. But it will be interesting to know if you had a similar or opposite kind of perception from other people.
Re: How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning by AnanseK(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tellemall:

It appears people are very scared of losing their arms rather than the way you portray it, as them being so honest.
Given enough freedom in Western lands, I've had Mohammedan associates who ate during Ramadan, lied , were greedy, hateful etc
Remove the fear of physical retribution by other Mohammedans, and you will see them revert to their true nature.
They're just as dishonest as everyone else. And worse because they can be very hypocritical.

At least you have made it clear that you are talking about Mohammedans ( whatever that is) and not Muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman / Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Cat Found In Bonnet Of Car Killed In Lagos, Accused Of Being A 'Witch' (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.