Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Murder On Koboland.com - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Murder On Koboland.com (5880 Views)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murder On Koboland.com by maedan(f): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2010
Lol. Your "big man" doesn't have a name? Anyway, nice one. More and more kind-of-familiar names. . .grin. Keep it up!
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by SisiKill1: 4:12am On Mar 05, 2010
Hehehehehe @ Jackal the Hannibal. cheesy
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by vescucci(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
Nice satire. Very funny at atimes. Only I don't like being sold the same joke twice. Asides this, you story makes for a very relaxing interlude
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by doyin13(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
vescucci:

Nice satire. Very funny at atimes. Only I don't like being sold the same joke twice. Asides this, you story makes for a very relaxing interlude

lol. . . when you say being sold the same joke twice, what exactly do you mean?
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by vescucci(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
It means, when you're funny once, I laugh. When you're replaying the same scenario somewhere else, I don't laugh. I get pissed off. But this is just me and the occasions are far in between so it has no bearing on how good you write. Don't take me seriously though. I just felt I had to criticise soemthing, else, I'd come off as though I were kissing your ass. I don't like kissing ass. Male ass anyway, I'll leave that to Blue and Sisi tongue
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by vescucci(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
I forgot to ask where the other letters are. I'm interested in your story and I think despite its being a leisure thing, it might go places. It is quite easy to spring stories from it that it'd be a crime to give it up, Mr. Doyin
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by SisiKill1: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
*Gasps*
Vesc!!!!

Well I never!
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by tubabie(f): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
Doyin this is relaxing and nice. . . . . . . . . . more, more, more wink
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by omofat: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
tubabie:

Doyin this is relaxing and nice. . . . . . . . . . more, more, more wink

The mark of a good story-teller, always keep them wanting more, Well done doyin
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by nana(f): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2010
shocked
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by nexstorm(m): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
INTERESTING PIECE.creativity~it wil trip me most if it isn't curbed.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by nexstorm(m): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
INTERESTING PIECE.creativity~it wil trip me most if it isn't curbed.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Edbieni(m): 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
Its quite long I got this relaxed on NL, your creativity is just ok and rich in words. I believe Debbie Ogunjobi needs you as a pal. The story must not stop halfway remember!!
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by bluespice(f): 12:02am On Mar 13, 2010
vescucci:

It means, when you're funny once, I laugh. When you're replaying the same scenario somewhere else, I don't laugh. I get pissed off. But this is just me and the occasions are far in between so it has no bearing on how good you write. Don't take me seriously though. I just felt I had to criticise soemthing, else, I'd come off as though I were kissing your backside. I don't like kissing backside. Male backside anyway, I'll leave that to Blue and Sisi tongue
*chokes on her drink*

excuse you?
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by doyin13(m): 1:47am On Mar 13, 2010
Dear Madge,

Its me again. I find myself always looking for a classy introduction, playing around with lines, hoping to impress. But everything either seems hollow or cheesy. So I end up with something as lame as ''Its me again''.

How are you though? I hear London is on high alert again as a terrorist attack seems imminent. Well, Nigerians are perpetually on terrorist alert. I have since discovered their laid back exterior is nothing but a patina over a recurring fear of the unknown. Life can be really hard here and often goes for two a penny. Burukutu has furnished me with all manner of stories about ritual killings and the newspapers are filled with trailers ploughing into crowds, robbers raping and pillaging . . . . . honestly Madge you wonder how they cope, especially without a big man like our victims to fight for justice.

Okay Madge. . .enough of my social lamentations. They probably won't appreciate it anyway. Something about not wanting to wash their dirty embroideries in the presence of foreigners/.

I hope I have fooled you and concealed my excitement about the koboland case. Things have moved on rapidly and I actually do not know where to start. I remember I told you in my last letter about an impending meeting with the ''big man's'' daughter. I shall get to that soon enough, but before that I think I should go on a detour and give a description of life on koboland.com and how our victims fit into it. I think its long overdue and it will illuminate future letters I might write.

You can use many words to describe the activities on that website, but dull is not one of them. Conflict, spontaneity, prepubescence, infantile will be more appropriate. You can call it a cyber ghetto. The women are flirtatious with mouths as big as the Lagos Lagoon, and the men ready to take offence at the slightest provocation. You have cyber corners where the regulars parade themselves, arguing over irresolvable differences of tribe, football and romance. Yes Madge, the great trivumrate of tribe, football and romance. Add a tinge of religion into it, and you have the heady mix, an addictive concoction that has members coming back for more and new entrants trooping in in droves. Its so addictive, I have taken a username myself: Moyin13. Don't ask, its a long story.

Thankfully, our victims did not spread themselves too wide. I have dismissed the possibility of a religious or sporting motive for our murders. I toyed with tribe for a while but I soon dismissed it. Our victims were regulars in the romance section, the section where opportunistic Kobolanders with the misfortune of living in Nigeria look for mates in the Nigerian diaspora hoping to bag a financial lifeline, or where erstwhile real life sexual conservatives scurry in the dark of the internet to air their deviant sexual fantasies. You also have people seeking advice about their marriage or engagement or relationship or sexual issues. All very interesting, and sometimes had me wishing I had discovered it before our errr. . . .never mind Madge, I know you will be rolling your eyes already at that one.

Of course, in such an environment, friendships, cliques, associations are formed. Many of the members have come to know each other in the real world as well which doesn't make it our investigation any easier. One simply doesn't know who is in cahoots with who until a topic thread comes up and this member reveals he has been financially wiped out by another golddigging member, two people one didn't have a clue had anything together simply going by the postings on the site. They simply made initial contact on the website and took their relationships further either on phone or with myriad other avenues like facebook or Yahoo messenger. It became obvious I needed an insider, someone who knew everyone and had a feeler about who knew who and what and what was happening where.

You are probably thinking, why don't I rely on Jeun Okuwa. I could, in fact I probably should, but I refuse to. Never could stand smart alecs who think they know it all, and his smartassness borders on megalomania. No, I can't stand him Madge. My decision to avoid Mr. Okuwa was made easier I confess with the appearance of AdeAbeke, our big man's daughter. My meeting with her proved to be more productive than I could ever have hoped for.

But I fear, I will have to relay all that in my next letter. I know I am testing whatever little patience you have, but I feel I have to keep things neat or else I will be lost in all the detail.

Anyway. . .Till then

Yours

Dickie.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by bluespice(f): 1:56am On Mar 13, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Kilode1: 3:37am On Mar 13, 2010
Good job so far, but this Despoiling business has got to stop! sad

@Mods, What about literary integrity? I mean moderating a forum is one thing, but insulting the intelligence of your members with unnecessary censorship is just nonsensical. It's not like the writer is throwing around the F word or something, Please stop the silliness.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by SwtzMinx(f): 4:42am On Mar 13, 2010
.more. .
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Ibime(m): 4:49am On Mar 13, 2010
doyin13:

The victim, oh I see I forgot to tell you his name, curious name as well, Boniface Heineiken, his passport said. Not very African I am sure you are thinking. My informant tells me a section of the country have a penchant for taking European names. Their Vice President, another man from that section of the country he tells me is called Goodluck Jonathan. Don't know if this info would come in handy on those quiz shows you used to like so much.

You're a phucking joker man!  grin grin grin

Heineken is a Dutch name and cannot be found anywhere in the Niger-Delta!  cool

Anyway, why do you write in quaint English? Its too long to read all these. . . I would prefer to read this in rap format!
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by babonboard(f): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2010
will this story ever finish? Nice one doh
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by SisiKill1: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2010
Lmao @ megalomania! Why I think that's my fav part. tongue
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Nescoemmy(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2010
nice one keep it up.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Genuflect(m): 8:43am On Mar 13, 2010
Ibime, who told you people don't bear Heineken in the Niger Delta? Those dudes have the weirdest names e.g. Aeroplane, UNESCO, Governor etc. There's a even a senator in the House of Assembly bearing Heineken.
Doyin, nice letters. Waiting for the next fix
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by SmashingM(f): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2010
Ride on
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by dqueenbee: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2010
i simply cant wait for d next, just stumbled on it and i think its great!
the twists, language and, oh my, everything!
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by parislomo(f): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2010
Doyin: For starters, I do not entertain long letters, nah, can't stand them after the one by MARIAMA BA. lol. . .
But you got me glued and I could not just try to skip one line. Now, I've got to give it to you: YOU ARE GOOD and I mean it.

Genuflect:

Ibime, who told you people don't bear Heineken in the Niger Delta? Those dudes have the weirdest names e.g. Aeroplane, UNESCO, Governor etc. There's a even a senator in the House of Assembly bearing Heineken.
Doyin, nice letters. Waiting for the next fix

grin grin grin
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by MyJoe: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2010
Ibime:

You're a phucking joker man!  grin grin grin

Heineken is a Dutch name and cannot be found anywhere in the Niger-Delta!  cool

Anyway, why do you write in quaint English? Its too long to read all these. . . I would prefer to read this in rap format!

Nope. There was a senator last time, a former speaker of the Bayelsa House, by the name of Heineken Lokpobiri.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Orikinla(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2010
doyin13,
I have been reading your contemporary narrative and it is satirical of Nigeria and Nigerians. But it based on realities of our life.
I will print it out and read it offline, because I read faster offline.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by usbcable(m): 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
I hope this wont turn out to be one of those season 1,2,3,4,5,6,, films.
right now reading through the letters is turning into a BIG task.

kindly let the story have an end, or better stil make a movie or series out of it.
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by honeric01(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2010
Nice concept but then it's just too long, please can someone help me read them, then give me the breakdown? undecided tongue
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by kcreal(f): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2010
Humm, very interesting,

i suggest you become a playwright.

How long did it take you to write all these, if i may ask?
Re: Murder On Koboland.com by Saruman: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2010
Nice write up. keep it going.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Short Stories / Virtual Reality / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.