Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news (2202 Views)

$22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Attack On Senate & Snatched Mace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by psucc(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
Enyeama bangs phone on Senate President
promptnewsonline.com Tuesday, August 08, 2017 22:14

Vincent Enyeama
ABUJA – The former Super Eagles’ goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama’s manner of exit from the team has remained an issue for discussion among the top echelons in the country.

Chairman Senate Committee on Sports, Senator Obinna Ogba was bitter when he said Enyeama bluffed him while trying to persuade him to come out of his pronounced retirement from the national team to salvage the Super Eagles’ World Cup qualifying games.

Senator Ogba said when it was evident that Enyeama was not ready to change his mind to return to the Super Eagles, “I went to the office of the Senate President and called him as usual so that the Senate president will join in persuading him to return to the Super Eagles.

“The moment I told him (Enyeama) that I was with the Senate president, he cut the call. I was surprise that Vincent Enyeama could behave that way.

“And since then he didn’t pick my calls again. That was how far I had done to bring back Vincent Enyeama to the Super Eagles”, Senator Obinna Ogba said.

Pointing out that the World Cup qualifier against South Africa was not what was expected from the Super Eagles, Ogba said all hands are now on deck to ensure that the forthcoming game against Cameroon would be a different one.

“The Super Eagles players are equal to the task. Without Nigeria, our players that scattered in different leagues would not have been there; and the World Cup is as important to us as it is important to them.

“We’re working hard to ensure that the mistake made against the qualifying game against South Africa is not repeated against Cameroon”, he added, pointing out that the country would pick the ticket to be at the World Cup finals.
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by luvinhubby(m): 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Source?
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by seunmsg(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
His decision not to play for the super eagles again should be respected. There is no need to put unnecessary pressure on him. He gave his best to the country in his active days so, we should let him enjoy his retirement from international football.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by LAFO: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
Three sides to a matter.

This is just one side.

Next please!
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by RoyalUc(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Why are we like this in this country? The man had resigned from the national team and his decision should be respected. Why coerce him to come back? Sincerely Vincent is a fantastic goalie but how did he get his chance and became this good? Must we keep looking backwards (just like we do in our political sphere)? If we can't groom and trust young stars to fight for their place in the national team, let's bring back Jay Jay, Kanu, Taribo, Peter Rufai (since we've never had a better team than the 1994 team) not forgeting Yakubu.
My concern is not whether Vincent did what was said or not, but that we should look forward and respect his decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by conductor1010: 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
Any Igbo man or southerner (better South, I mean) that still represents Zoogeria in any sporting event is a lost sheep.

I support Enyeama on this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by ogtavia(m): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
after he was embarrassed ...you feel just a phone call is good enough to make him change his mind...

1 Like

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by leofab(f): 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
He is a Biafran

2 Likes

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by Lanretoye(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2017
so he should fry beans because of senate president?,they should just let him be and go to shoprite and buy another goal keeper.

1 Like

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by bimbod(m): 2:12am On Aug 21, 2017
Bentley truck yeah dats my choice of ride..skrr skrr
don't look too much my diamonds gonna bite yeah yeah...
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 21, 2017
Enyeama has paid his dues its time to let him take a bow in peace. the man has his reasons for quiting from the super eagles we should respect his decision. daniel akpeyi and ikechukwu ezenwa are equally good goalies all they need is a bit more trust from the technical crew.
Besides Dele alampasu is a fantastic young goalie. plays in the portuguese leage still learning the trade and has enough potential to become one of the greats. We should encourage the young lad and position him as a long term successor to the aformentioned goalies.
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by sarrki(m): 4:19am On Aug 21, 2017
RoyalUc:
Why are we like this in this country? The man had resigned from the national team and his decision should be respected. Why coerce him to come back? Sincerely Vincent is a fantastic goalie but how did he get his chance and became this good? Must we keep looking backwards (just like we do in our political sphere)? If we can't groom and trust young stars to fight for their place in the national team, let's bring back Jay Jay, Kanu, Taribo, Peter Rufai (since we've never had a better team than the 1994 team) not forgeting Yakubu.
My concern is not whether Vincent did what was said or not, but that we should look forward and respect his decision.

Good one

Please modify the bolded
Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by 9japrof(m): 4:25am On Aug 21, 2017
Sometimes these idiots we have in the helm of affairs make me laugh most times.

Who are you, because you are a senator and with the Senate President then he must rescind his decision on retirement, yiu must ave been a pest disturbing his lines that made him hang up on you.

1 Like

Re: Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news by RoyalUc(m): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2017
sarrki:

Good one

Please modify the bolded

Thank you sir.
Concerning the bolded, I'm sincerely ignorant of what you want me to do. Is it the spelling, choice/meaning of word(s) or grammatical construction?

A requeat please. Kindly teach me how to;
- bold a part of a write up like you did to mine (I'd tried severally using the bold - B key)
- make multiple quotes/mentions in one quote.

Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

[photos] Ipob Member Curses Jesus, Says ‘jesus Is A Bastard Without Father / FG Orders Tinubu And Atiku’s Company To Pay $48 Million / See The Title PDP Loyalist Have Given Senator Akpabio After Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.