Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere (1806 Views)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Be Allowed To Live Anywhere – Senator Uzodinma / 'Buhari Every Benue Youth Is A Yusuf, Act Now Or Resign': Youths Protest (Pics) / Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 3:59am On Aug 21, 2017
President to fight Boko Haram, kidnapping, herdsmen/farmers clashes

To those issuing ultimatum to other ethnic groups living in their community, President Muhammadu Buhari this morning issued a stern warning.

Every Nigerian has a right to live anywhere in the country.

The President, who returned from 103-day medical vacation in London on Saturday, told Nigerians in a broadcast that Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable.

While he was away, a group of Arewa youths issued an October 1 ultimatum to southeasterners living in the North to quit or face eviction.

The President said this morning: “Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.

“I believe the very vast majority of Nigerians share this view.

“Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.”

He added: “This is not to deny that there are legitimate concerns. Every group has a grievance. But the beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows different groups to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.”

The President said: “The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse.

“The national consensus is that, it is better to live together than to live apart.”

He recalled his encounter with the leader of the failed Biafra Republic, the late Chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in 2003. “After I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analysed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.”

Buhari went on: “I am charging the security agencies not to let the successes achieved in the last 18 months be a sign to relax.

“Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can live in peace and safety.

“Therefore we are going to reinforce and reinvigorate the fight not only against;

“Elements of Boko Haram which are attempting a new series of attacks on soft targets

“.Kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes, in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.

“Finally, dear Nigerians, our collective interest now is to eschew petty differences and come together to face common challenges of; economic security, political evolution and integration as well as lasting peace among all Nigerians.

“I remain resolutely committed to ensuring that these goals are achieved and maintained. I am so glad to be home.”

The President thanked Nigerians for the support and prayers.

“I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers. I am pleased to be back on home soil among my brothers and sisters.

“In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home. Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially in the social media have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-every-nigerian-right-live-anywhere/

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by HungerBAD: 4:00am On Aug 21, 2017
True.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by Afam4eva(m): 4:03am On Aug 21, 2017
sarrki:

“.Kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes, in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.
I've always said it that Buhari and Donald Trump are very similar. Even though the fulani herdsmen are the trouble makers here, they've made it seem like it's the fault of both parties. When is the presidency going to condemn the rampage by herdsmen categorically.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by HungerBAD: 4:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

I've always said that Buhari and Donald Trump are very similar.

In what ways please?okay i see you have modified your post.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:05am On Aug 21, 2017
That's why I love my president

God knows heaven knows that I have never loved a president this way,

Your integrity, honesty,articulate, reliable, responsible ways if leadership endeared millions of us our die hard followers

We are with you all the way

Also we are grateful with the trust you have in osinbajo

Please change your cabinet and deal with the cabal headlong.

We saw the signs if you dealing with them soonest at the airport

Sai baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:06am On Aug 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

Boss please help me ask him

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by Aufbauh(m): 4:07am On Aug 21, 2017
Ironically, the Buhari the Ipobians so much detest is the only saving grace that will stop the Arewa youths from carrying out their quit notice threat against the Igbos in the North.

This is not because he is their sponsor, but simply because they see him as a honest man with an impeccable character whose words are golden.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by Afam4eva(m): 4:09am On Aug 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

Recently, white supremacist in charlotteville, Virginia were responsible in wrecking havoc, killing one person and injuring so many. Instead of of Donald Trump to condemn that white supremacist, he made a general condemnation just like Buhari did.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:09am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

I've always said it that Buhari and Donald Trump are very similar. Even though the fulani herdsmen are the trouble makers here, they've made it seem like it's the fault of both parties. When is the presidency going to condemn the rampage by herdsmen categorically.

Pmb loved and want the good of this country

We should all join hands together to make Nigeria great once again

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by EmekaBlue(m): 4:22am On Aug 21, 2017
Aufbauh:
Ironically, the Buhari the Ipobians so much detest is the only saving grace that will stop the Arewa youths from carrying out their quit notice threat against the Igbos in the North.

This is not because he is their sponsor, but simply because they see him as a honest man with an impeccable character whose words are golden.
angry Seems you take the igbos for granted because we dont fancy killings...They should try it this hunger in the land time and watch out how blood will spill all over the country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by IboEnvyYorubas: 4:26am On Aug 21, 2017
So tired of this clown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by Aufbauh(m): 4:27am On Aug 21, 2017
EmekaBlue:
angry Seems you take the igbos for granted because we dont fancy killings...They should try it this hunger in the land time and watch out how blood will spill all over the country

I don't fancy killing, but the reality is that we all know those who chest beat and those who makes real their threat.

Anyway, well-done online warrior!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by IboEnvyYorubas: 4:27am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

Recently, white supremacist in charlotteville, Virginia were responsible in wrecking havoc, killing one person and injuring so many. Instead of of Donald Trump to condemn that white supremacist, he made a total condemnation just like Buhari did.

Are y'all still waiting for Trump's NeoNazi supporters to join with IPOD to save Biafra?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by 0b10010011: 4:27am On Aug 21, 2017

His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has spoken and so shall it be

Any mischief maker will be severely dealt with!

Long live Mr. President!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:29am On Aug 21, 2017
0b10010011:

His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has spoken and so shall it be

Any mischief maker will be severely dealt with!

Long live Mr. President!

God bless you plenty

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by EmekaBlue(m): 4:35am On Aug 21, 2017
Aufbauh:

I don't fancy killing, but the reality is that we all know those who chest beat and those who makes real their threat.

Anyway, well-done online warrior!
I dont blame you really, but our so called bible we christians read that detest us from killing a fellow beign unlike the d muslim own. Only if many see the bible like me coz i believe God helped kings to fight and kill enemies during war in the past before d so called new testament came in. And please dont sound like physically the hausa man is stronger than an Igbo in a fair fight aside religion and beliefs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by MrRhymes101(m): 4:36am On Aug 21, 2017
Oh! Cool, I'm moving to ASO rock

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:38am On Aug 21, 2017
EmekaBlue:
I dont blame you really, but our so called bible we christians read that detest us from killing a fellow beign unlike the d muslim own. Only if many see the bible like me coz i believe God helped kings to fight and kill enemies during war in the past before d so called new testament came in. And please dont sound like physically the hausa man is stronger than an Igbo in a fair fight aside religion and beliefs.

Mr mekus please let's be civil

Children are still sleeping now

I believe all of us here are matured

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by EmekaBlue(m): 4:42am On Aug 21, 2017
sarrki:

Mr mekus please let's be civil

Children are still sleeping now

I believe all of us here are matured

Tell your brothers to be civil first...Im always civil, U guyz r so annoying...U live peacefully without any threat in the east ,even after blood baths u range against my people. Is that not civil enough...Hiss*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:45am On Aug 21, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Tell your brothers to be civil first...Im always civil, U guyz r so annoying...U live peacefully without any threat in the east ,even after blood baths u range against my people. Is that not civil enough...Hiss*

I have seen most of your comment before that's why I advised

I know you want the betterment of our dear nation

We should not dwell on tribalism and religion

Most of us do to catch fun or out of emotional attachment

But when it cones to real national issues we should be able to take a stand

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by ZombieTAMER: 4:46am On Aug 21, 2017
sarrki:
That's why I love my president

God knows heaven knows that I have never loved a president this way,

Your integrity, honesty,articulate, reliable, responsible ways if leadership endeared millions of us our die hard followers

We are with you all the way

Also we are grateful with the trust you have in osinbajo

Please change your cabinet and deal with the cabal headlong.

We saw the signs if you dealing with them soonest at the airport

Sai baba

Why can't you sleep at night
Chanting sai baba cannot help you
This is a man who is ripping you off
Better get a life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by Aufbauh(m): 4:48am On Aug 21, 2017
EmekaBlue:

"Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will "- Mahama Ghandi
Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by ZombieTAMER: 4:48am On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=kn23h ][/quote]
Cows will always be cows
Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by sarrki(m): 4:48am On Aug 21, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Why can't you sleep at night
Chanting sai baba cannot help you
This is a man who is ripping you off
Better get a life

Leave matter for Mathias

Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by kettykin: 4:59am On Aug 21, 2017
IboEnvyYorubas:

Are y'all still waiting for Trump's NeoNazi supporters to join with IPOD to save Biafra?

Na wao some people and theirobfuscated way of reasoning
Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by madridguy(m): 5:03am On Aug 21, 2017
Every Nigerian has a right to live anywhere in the country.

“Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.

“I believe the very vast majority of Nigerians share this view.

“Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable"

Long live SAI BABA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by madridguy(m): 5:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Empty vessels as usual

EmekaBlue:

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by kn23h(m): 5:10am On Aug 21, 2017
kettykin:
Na wao some people and theirobfuscated way of reasoning

My exact thought when flatttties claimed that Putin and Trump will come to their rescue.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by hakeem4(m): 5:14am On Aug 21, 2017
G

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by EmekaBlue(m): 5:24am On Aug 21, 2017
madridguy:
Empty vessels as usual

My friend get lost. Not me tho...maybe my bible following brothers

1 Share

Re: Quit Notice :buhari ; Every Nigerian Has The Right To Live Anywhere by EmeeNaka: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2017
Abeg, Buhari don give his speech?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Fraud! / Christian Leaders Want To Set Nigeria On Fire – Muslim Group Alleges / #ekitidecides2018: Falsification Of Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.