Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari (338 Views)

My Return In 2019 Non-negotiable - Buhari / Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari / Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari by naijanewspaper(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated that Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable.

Buhari said this in his first address to Nigerians on Monday since arriving from London.

The President said he would not allow some “irresponsible elements” breach the peace of the country.

He added that he followed events closely while he was away and saw how violence was being promoted.

“In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home,” he said.

“Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.”

He added, “Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially in the social media have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.”

http://thenigerian.news/news/nigerias-unity-not-negotiable-buhari/

lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari by Swegzfreak: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari by successincentiv(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2017
Ok. Keep forcing people to be united
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is Not Negotiable – Buhari by jeisloh: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2017
human beings are not goats that you Lord yourself on. it is not by force to stay together.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Signed Bill Covering Anti Corruption, Tax Admin & Intellectual Properties / Tony Nwoye Wins Anambra APC Governorship Primaries / The Nigerian Police Bank Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.