Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians (1476 Views)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Arewa Youths Can’t Fool Us With Withdrawal— Niger Delta Agitators / 5,000 Fighters Ready To Evict Hausa And Yoruba — Niger Delta Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
By TonyeBarcanista

My attention was called to an article where a group of attention seekers hiding under the cloak of Coalition of the Niger Delta Agitators issued yet another senseless ultimatum to people of Northern and Southwestern extraction, asking them to vacate the Niger Delta region before October 1, 2017. These group of clowns who are only relevant on social media but highly irrelevant to the good people of Niger Delta and Ijaw nation, also declared there readiness for the declaration of Niger Delta republic on the said date- a phantom republic whose territory is only defined in the imagination of wishful thinkers.

It is shameful that while Nigerian youths and lovers of sane society across the federation have been exploring viable means to solve the myriads of challenges plaguing the country, these attention seeking people would rather emulate unpopular groups like those that issued empty ultimatum to Igbos in the north, the clowns that declared Oduduwa republic in the southwest and their partners in the southeast that have been going about manipulating the noble and legitimate struggle of  the Igbo nation and making caricature of it in the name of Biafra.

Nigerians may recall that this is not the first time a group that claims to be from the Niger Delta is issuing notices and ultimatum. We may recall that in 2016 alone different groups, including those that called themselves Niger Delta Avengers and Adaka Boro Avengers issued more than 10 ultimatums and threats without executing ONE. In fact, Adaka Boro Avengers had on July 20, 2016 issued notice of declaration of a phantom Niger Delta republic on August 1st of that year, but the Niger Delta people ignored them and their antics as mere noise. In August same 2016, the Niger Delta Avengers came with their own ultimatum and notice for the declaration of Niger Delta republic on October 1, 2016, yet again the people of Niger Delta, being in tune with the modus operandi of such groups ignored them, and the rest is history. It doesn't come as a surprise that another group, only known on social media will come out to issue another threat and notice that they themselves know cannot be enforced by anybody including them.

As a son of Niger Delta from Ijaw extraction, I understand the plight of my people. I understand that the people of the region(my kinsmen and kinswomen) face a lot of challenges and have legitimate demands from the Nigeria State. The demands of the Niger Delta are well documented in the various Bills of Right and Declarations of each of the indigenous ethnic nations within the region. 

Niger Deltans are undisputed to be among the most peace loving and accommodating not just in Nigeria but also Africa as a whole. Since the existence of the earth, at no time have the people asked any non indigenous group residing in the territory to vacate any part of the region nor made living unbearable for any group of Nigerians and foreigners that are doing businesses in any part of the Niger Delta territory. Also despite the strong and legitimate grievances, at no time did the people of Niger Delta authorised anybody to issue such senseless and unpatriotic notice nor give any individual or group the mandate to proclaim secession from the Nigeria State. 

While I urge the state government and law enforcement agents to do their jobs in ensuring protection of lives and properties and bringing troublemakers to justice, I appeal to the people of the North and Yoruba that are resident of the Niger Delta region to take the empty rhetorical threat from the self-acclaimed agitators like a silly joke from an upcoming comedian, because the Niger Delta will continue to be a place of safe haven for all with legitimate concern be they indigenes or non-indigenes.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
http://swiftreporters.com/niger-delta-agitators-threat-a-silly-joke-from-upcoming-comedians/

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Jesusloveyou: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
They are destroying our land because of hatred for buhari

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
They destroying our land because of hatred for buhari
The destruction of the land precedes Buhari

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by MediumStout(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
Federal troops should invade the south east and capturing Nnamdi Kanu should be their priority. That useless yellow monkey is really causing ethnic tensions and his actions are the reasons why different groups are issuing Ultimatums. Buhari should jail kanu again and ensure he doesn't see the sun. Biafra is dead and buried in 1970. Even ojukwu travelled to Daura in 2003 to beg for unity in Buhari's house after realizing the mistakes of 1967-1970. We will crush every forces that are hell bent on destabilizing our one Nigeria. The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable sad

Elections will hold in all south east States and APC will win at least 4 SE states. ONE NIGERIA WE SHALL REMAIN sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by DonVikings: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pigs and Idiots would come for your read in.. .

Go! grin cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by BLACKdagger: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hehehehe.
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
BLACKdagger:
Hehehehe.
e funny ni?
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by millik(f): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
shocked
really a stvpid joke taken too far
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Jesusloveyou: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The destruction of the land precedes Buhari
but the past 6yrs of gej, we never see bombing like this avenger's.

The only thing we knew,was that of vandalism. allegedly sponsored by PDP and pej with the help of Nigeria Navy.

And not to talk of tompolo and his boy's who gej paid billions of dollar for, just to protect the waterways.
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Splinz(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
They are destroying our land because of hatred for buhari

On the contrary, this is quite myopic of you. Did the destruction of the land starts in Buhari's government? Apparently, this is what you become when you only see things from one angle of the spectrum.

You must not see every opponent of the Buhari's government as personal.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by dadavivo: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Niger Deltans are undisputed to be among the most peace loving and accommodating not just in Nigeria but also Africa as a whole. /
enough of all this sycophancy, as they say, only a fooll does things the same way over and over again and expect different results. When do you want us to agitate for what belongs to us, when it's no longer available? For over 50 years same bullshitt. Buhari have shown that he's not a man of peace, he likes war, we wish him Goodluck with that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Jesusloveyou: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
dadavivo:
enough of all this sycophancy, as they say, only a fooll does things the same way over and over again and expect different results. When do you want us to agitate for what belongs to us, when it's no longer available? For over 50 years same bullshitt. Buhari have shown that he's not a man of peace, he likes war, we wish him Goodluck with that.
is it you and your family that want to fight the war?
I am just curious to ask
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by attackgat: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
MediumStout:
Federal troops should invade the south east and capturing Nnamdi Kanu should be their priority. That useless yellow monkey is really causing ethnic tensions and his actions are the reasons why different groups are issuing Ultimatums. Buhari should jail kanu again and ensure he doesn't see the sun. Biafra is dead and buried in 1970. Even ojukwu travelled to Daura in 2003 to beg for unity in Buhari's house after realizing the mistakes of 1967-1970. We will crush every forces that are hell bent on destabilizing our one Nigeria. The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable sad

Unity begger

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by dadavivo: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

The only thing we knew,was that of vandalism. allegedly sponsored by PDP and pej with the help of Nigeria Navy
look if you don't have brain stop displaying it on the internet. Pipelines vandalism started from Obasanjo - Yar adua - Goodluck Jonathan. Don't make it look like no one likes Buhari, after the election an elderly responsible person will find a way to unite the country, but instead he was so wicked that he said how can I include people that gave me 5% vote in my government. Meanwhile the same 5% feeds the nation. Buhari came in and changed all security posts to his brothers, his first budget (2016) proved that he came for war. Well that war he will get it bone to bone.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by dadavivo: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
is it you and your family that want to fight the war?
I am just curious to ask
you will know when it starts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

The only thing we knew,was that of vandalism. allegedly sponsored by PDP and pej with the help of Nigeria Navy
During Obj's era there was MEND causing Bombings and destructions...

During Yar'adua's era MEND continued, this was the period Tompolo came to limelight...

During Jonathan's era (in the first year) there was General John Togo group who took to destruction when he felt that Jonathan's government will not favor him.

Thoughh the so-called Amnesty calmed the nerves of the guys during the latter years of UMYA and most of the years of GEJ, it didn't stop a faction of MEND to commit terrorism on October 1, 2010 in Abuja.

Oga, this mad behavior goes beyond Buhari. All they want is MONEY MONEY MONEY.

And you will only wallow in delusion if you think vandalism has stopped. Il
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Splinz(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I appeal to the people of the North and Yoruba that are resident of the Niger Delta region to take the empty rhetorical threat from the self-acclaimed agitators like a silly joke from an upcoming comedian, because the Niger Delta will continue to be a place of safe haven for all with legitimate concern be they indigenes or non-indigenes.

Tonye, this is a rhetoric taken too far. I mean, these guys have proven times without numbers that they ain't no jokers, as evidence in similar threats they've carried out in time passed.

Ignoring their threats is suicidal especially when no security measures have been put in place to forestall it. If I were the one living in this area, I'd simply take this epistle of yours for what it is--the real empty rhetoric!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by Totti9(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nobody takes this guy serious again
the day this agitators will catch up with you that day u go chop yo eye raw
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
dadavivo:
When did Buhari become the issue of the Niger Delta?
Re: Niger Delta Agitators' Threat: A Silly Joke From Upcoming Comedians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Splinz:

Tonye, this is a rhetoric taken too far. I mean, these guys have proven times without numbers that they ain't no jokers, as evidence in similar threats they've carried out in time passed.

Ignoring their threats is suicidal especially when no security measures have been put in place to forestall it. If I were the one living in this area, I'd simply take this epistle of yours for what it is--an empty rhetoric!
Which threat have they taken? They are mere attention seeking noisemakers.

I was in Rivers state just last Monday, specifically Okrika. So forget what those clowns are saying...

They threatened more that prior to 2015 poll but we saw what happened afterwards...

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN: Explosion Rocks Oil Facility In Delta / Meet Sen. Ifeanyi Ararume By Ik Ogbonna / error......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.