Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB (22458 Views)

Nwoko: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten Protest In Abuja If Sowore Is Not Arrested / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by KEVIND: 6:53am On Jan 28, 2019
A coalition of top Niger Delta agitators have threatened to unveil a government that would oversee the affairs of the region, and equally declared their readiness to work with the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB over the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari. They said that Buhari’s suspension and replacement of Onnoghen by a Northerner was part of his ethnic agenda, which is unhealthy to the country’s unity.

The agitators, who issued the threat yesterday in a communiqué after a meeting that started in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa on Saturday, noted that since Buhari remains focused on his alleged ethnic agenda, they (agitators) would unveil a government that would oversee the affairs of the Niger Delta region. The communiqué, among others was signed by General John Duku (Niger Delta Watchdogs), and Convener: Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators; General Ekpo Ekpo (Niger Delta Volunteers); General Simply Benjamin (Bakassi Strike Force); General Osarolor Nedam (Niger Delta Warriors) and Major-Gen. Henry Okon Etete (Niger Delta Peoples Fighters).

The agitators described the suspension of Onnighen as a “blatant exhibition of rascality and the highest form of dictatorship, tyranny and fascism in the 21st Century, which we view as the highest level of insult on the collective intelligence of the Niger Delta people.” They added:”The removal is a coup against the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a coup against the Rule of Law and separation of powers and a coup against the Nigerian Democracy.

“It is a face-off with the Niger Delta people, and we call on the International Community to note this so that when we would retaliate nobody would blame us. This is clearly aimed at preventing Justice Onnoghen from selecting/inaugurating credible judges that would handle election petitions in their respective Tribunals.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/01/onnoghen-ndelta-agitators-threaten-to-form-govt-partner-ipob/

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by dokyOloye: 6:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Long overdue.
Should have partnered with Igbos long ago especially during the height of Nnamdi Kanu's agitation.
Events in Nigeria has severally shown only the Igbo man loves the Niger deltan but they've allowed themselves to be deceived by a well oiled yoruba propaganda machine for too long.
The Igbo man just wants equity and fairness for him to thrive unlike yorubas who want to "get it" by fair or foul which they call sophistication.

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by Fuckuignos(f): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Great.. I wish they will not be pu$$is and not go ahead with it.. No more running to international organization, because UN, EU, UK, US, etal have lots in their table. We will BOMb their a$$es

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by Mystick: 6:58am On Jan 28, 2019
Another problem brewing somewhere down the Niger.
But they told us that these people were throwing up parties in support of the suspension. How long can lie travel?

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by oyebanji44: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2019
Absolutely disillusioned.D grin grin. This was an Empty threat which could not be effected,unless the british were prepared to back it up with their own superior force of arms.in those days..when the northerners were killing the ibos for two days.the western did support them.Na now abi

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by dokyOloye: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2019
The herder who herds the zombies above(fuckuigno and oyebanji)is a merciless task master ooo.
So early,in the morning and they already up and about on every thread.
Must've woken them with pouring of water grin
Issa terrible pity.
Chaii,sogodinho is already below.
Chai,God,may it never come to d stage I will need to do this kind of zombie work b4 I feed. AMEN

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by sogodihno: 7:04am On Jan 28, 2019
What I know is, in this Buhari regime, if u do anyhow, u go see anyhow.

Anyway, oro reelection Buhari lo ba Mi

4+4

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by sogodihno: 7:09am On Jan 28, 2019
dokyOloye:
Long overdue.
Should have partnered with Igbos long ago especially during the height of Nnamdi Kanu's agitation.
Events in Nigeria has severally shown only the Igbo man loves the Niger deltan but they've allowed themselves to be deceived by a well oiled yoruba propaganda machine for too long.
The Igbo man just wants equality and fairness for him to thrive but unlike yorubas who want to "get it" by fair or foul.

Everything is Yoruba to u, even if u are not able to impregnate your wife it is Yoruba, Why are u guys always intimidated with Yorubas, yet U can't leave our land, the ibo people in my areas alone, I can't count them. I really want this Biafra for u guys, so ur nuisance all over Nigeria will reduce

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by dokyOloye: 7:14am On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:

Everything is Yoruba to u, even if u are not able to impregnate your wife it is Yoruba, Why are u guys always intimidated with Yorubas, yet U can't leave our land, the ibo people in my areas alone, I can't count them. I really want this Biafra for u guys, so ur nuisance all over Nigeria will reduce
Zombie,change work.
Shouting "owo mi da" at bustops is more honourable than this one grin

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by bastardmod: 7:14am On Jan 28, 2019
Do quick.
Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by dokie: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2019
Toothless bulldogs.

All they do is keep threatening. The fulanies are feeding fat on your inheritance and giving you crumbs, and you keep releasing communique up and down. Once they settle them some dollars, you no go hear from them again.

If the SE had half the oil you guys have with the same creeks and all, we would have been out long ago.

Drunkards.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by manucho: 7:41am On Jan 28, 2019
KEVIND:
A coalition of top Niger Delta agitators have threatened to unveil a government that would oversee the affairs of the region, and equally declared their readiness to work with the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB over the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari. They said that Buhari’s suspension and replacement of Onnoghen by a Northerner was part of his ethnic agenda, which is unhealthy to the country’s unity.

The agitators, who issued the threat yesterday in a communiqué after a meeting that started in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa on Saturday, noted that since Buhari remains focused on his alleged ethnic agenda, they (agitators) would unveil a government that would oversee the affairs of the Niger Delta region. The communiqué, among others was signed by General John Duku (Niger Delta Watchdogs), and Convener: Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators; General Ekpo Ekpo (Niger Delta Volunteers); General Simply Benjamin (Bakassi Strike Force); General Osarolor Nedam (Niger Delta Warriors) and Major-Gen. Henry Okon Etete (Niger Delta Peoples Fighters).

The agitators described the suspension of Onnighen as a “blatant exhibition of rascality and the highest form of dictatorship, tyranny and fascism in the 21st Century, which we view as the highest level of insult on the collective intelligence of the Niger Delta people.” They added:”The removal is a coup against the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a coup against the Rule of Law and separation of powers and a coup against the Nigerian Democracy.

“It is a face-off with the Niger Delta people, and we call on the International Community to note this so that when we would retaliate nobody would blame us. This is clearly aimed at preventing Justice Onnoghen from selecting/inaugurating credible judges that would handle election petitions in their respective Tribunals.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/01/onnoghen-ndelta-agitators-threaten-to-form-govt-partner-ipob/

I hardly comment or say anything but i pity people supporting him anybody that says this country won't do well or know peace God would uproot them even if its buhari or atiku or obj or saraki anybody but see how much the bastard stole and they are still tracing him for more how much is his salary yet some fools are supporting him. Let's for once reason well now how much be him salary for goodness sake. How much him done take help him region out of the stolen money and the ones yet to be found out? I wish una good luck ooo....na poor people go suffer this if yawa break for this country dem go fly comot fast I just pity people who doesn't have a passport supporting these people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by haffaze777(m): 8:35am On Jan 28, 2019
grin
Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by ahaz: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2019
manucho:

I hardly comment or say anything but i pity people supporting him anybody that says this country won't do well or know peace God would uproot them even if its buhari or atiku or obj or saraki anybody but see how much the bastard stole and they are still tracing him for more how much is his salary yet some fools are supporting him. Let's for once reason well now how much be him salary for goodness sake. How much him done take help him region out of the stolen money and the ones yet to be found out? I wish una good luck ooo....na poor people go suffer this if yawa break for this country dem go fly comot fast I just pity people who doesn't have a passport supporting these people.
mr oga what did you do about mr grasscutter and alhaji gandollar

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Agritech:
Youths from Ijaw speaking part of the country have described the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen, as the Chief Justice of Nigeria, by President Muhammadu Buhari, as apt, timely and welcome development.
Justice Onnoghen

The youth group, while declaring a persona non grata on the embattled CJN, said people from south-south region were not thieves.
The United Niger Delta Youth Council, which said that Justice Onnoghen is a shame to the Niger Delta region, wondered he failed to exhibit a high level of decency in his conduct as the number one Judicial Officer in the country.

Jackson Bob- Manuel, President of the youth group at a press conference on Saturday, called on the embattled jury to face the law and stop looking for sympathy.
He said, “We are of the opinion that Justice Walter Onnoghen having risen to the exa
lted position of Chief Justice of Nigeria should have exhibited a high level of decency in his conduct as the number one Judicial Officer in the country.

“It is, therefore, inexcusable for a man of such high standing to feign ignorance to the law as regards the declaration of assets in the country under the Code of Conduct Act. And if that is the case, then such a person is not fit to hold the exalted position of Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“We also wish to use this medium to state that corruption as a social vice knows no tribe, race or religion. It is a cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabric of the Nigerian society over the years, and so, therefore, those that using the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen to wipe up ethnic and religious sentiments should desist from such acts as they cannot cry more than the bereaved.

“Justice Walter Onnoghen a Niger Delta son that is supposed to serve as a role model to us has indeed failed woefully and brought shame and disgrace to the people of the Niger Delta region.

“When they steal government funds and buy choice properties for themselves and their families, they are Mr. A or Mr. B., but when they are caught, they become Niger Deltans who are suffering political persecution.

“The United Niger Delta Youth Council says enough is enough of this treachery by political allies from the Niger Delta region. They must be held responsible for their actions and inactions as regards their conduct in office. And the case of Justice Walter Onnoghen should not be politicized to look like ethnic persecution.

“The fact remains that he failed to declare some of his assets as stipulated by the law and so, therefore, he has committed an offense which requires that he faces the full wrath of the law. And as the number one law officer in the country, he should know better.

“The United Niger Delta Youth Council frowns at the insinuations coming from certain quarters that the government persecutes justice Walter Onnoghen. While this is far from the truth, it is merely an attempt to cover up for a crime that was committed and deceive the public.
“The United Niger Delta Youth Council, therefore, calls on all Niger Delta Sons and Daughters in Nigeria and the Diaspora to disown Justice Walter Onnoghen how has brought nothing but shame to us as a people.

“When he filled his accounts with dollars and pounds, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan. When he refused to provide educational assistance to scores of needy people, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan. When he bragged like he was a mini-god, he wasn’t a Niger Deltan.

“But now that his atrocities have come out to the open, he is now a Niger Deltan. We the United Niger Delta Youths Council rejects such hypocrisy and would never be a part of such all on the name of ethnicity and religion.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/onnoghen-ijaw-youths-disown-embattled-cjn-say-south-south-people-are-not-corrupt/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by hucienda: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Dis kuntri sef ...

Things will not work till equality among all the peoples is the order of the day in the land. That would be the day, as the great Martin Luther King Jr. often refrained, "Justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by berrystunn(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Hayyyyyyyy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by jchioma: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
The lifeless dullard who is being controlled by desperate cabals is going to plunge this country into avoidable crisis.

6 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Mk una dey decive una self

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Senseless, hopeless, mannerless, toothless, hungry scavengers

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by manucho: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
ahaz:
mr oga what did you do about mr grasscutter and alhaji gandollar

I don't respond to people like you its like wasting of time arguing back and forth back to my business to make money for my kids I don't have time for people like you I wish you all the best. If you open your blind eyes very well you would see what I said about every corrupt politicians etc. God bless you and have a nice day

6 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by helinues: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
Jokers

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by ClearFlair: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
You see how desperate Atiku’s people are now?
They want to form another country? They will be used as training materials by the Nigerian army.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by seunlayi(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
We need to chase somebody to Daura

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by alcuin(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
I'm from the ND. This is nonsense. ND do not support corruption and will never partner with IPOB.
Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by LegacyB: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
You would be dealt with QED. This is not Jona regime. Bring it on.........

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB by oyetunder(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2019
Are we actually fighting for JUSTICE or Tribal interests? I am not taking sides, but we seem to love any criminal the moment he or she shares our tribe or religion.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo Support Movement Rejects Tinubu's Comment On Forgiveness / Governors Meet Today To Review COVID-19 Strategy / Farooq A. Kperogi: Hope Buhari Doesn’t Appear On New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.