Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,577 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (65882 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2010
Eastbay:

If Arsenal's defending wasn't so shambolic on the free-kick,the ref guilty or not,wouldn't have been the object of this debate.
How everybody kept strolling back after a crisis situation had erupted (an in-direct kick in your 18-yard box) is another question to be asked,apart from frying Fabianski.
I thought the major priority woulda been to avoid the kick from being taken quickly.
Ref may have contributed,but it started with grade-A naivety on the Gunners part.The Porto player were never going to wait for Arsenal to forma a wall.Especially when not too many of them appeared to be in a hurry to defend the kick.

No one cares if it's East Humberside pup team or FIFA 11, you cannot do that.
It's not about our defence here, let the referee do his job properly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
eldee:

Eldee. . . . . .come on, don't blame the ref for Arsenal's ineptitude.
Arsenal were piss-poor last night.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Eldee. . . . . .come on, don't blame the ref for Arsenal's ineptitude.
Arsenal were piss-poor last night.

Who do I blame for the penalty he didn't give seconds before that play??
Who do I blame for taking the ball off the goalkeeper??
Who do I blame for blocking Campbell??

Once the referee took the ball off Fabianski . . . the whole thing changed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
eldee:

Who do I blame for the penalty he didn't give seconds before that play??
Who do I blame for taking the ball off the goalkeeper??
Who do I blame for blocking Campbell??

Once the referee took the ball off Fabianski . . . the whole thing changed.

Don't despair.
Go and get yourself some sorta aromatherapy or audiotherapy.
I recommend Bis' Metalonin Magik. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Don't despair.
Go and get yourself some sorta aromatherapy or audiotherapy.
I recommend Bis' Metalonin Magik. grin

Hehehe . . . that won't work here grin grin

I'll try Kanye's Late Registration
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by follypimpi(m): 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
Fuckkk Fabianski,the dude is a pure WASTE MAN end of !!!.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 12:40am On Feb 19, 2010
We are talking about a ref's ineptitude and idi0ts are talking about Sol putting his head in his hands and what not.
Its like Man Utd conceding a goal from a shocking penalty decision and i say "Van De Sar should have dived further".
Nairaland is blessed with dimwits.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2010
^^ Is the tantarum b4 or after the goal? As soon as Febianski handled the ball Sol lost hope which is not suppose to be so considering that he an old timer in the game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 1:32am On Feb 19, 2010
Hmmmm where do i start

Fabianski must be Polish for i.m.becile but then again he didnt do a Rent-A-Ghost and appear at the Emirates! he was bought by a certain Arsene Wenger so Wenger must also be French for i . b . c . . e (no be from my mouth una go hear am, i'll let you tell it) we would have stood a better chance in that game with a trained jack-rabbit and Wenger's insistence on using that bloodclot is an indictment on his sanity if we go on and lose again Mr Duduspace would come here and start evangelizing about Wenger's youth policy and how it would soon pay off. How would it pay off with dweebs like Fabianski that cannot collect a low and harmless cross and is too intellectually challenged to know he is not supposed to catch a back pass!

Gunners lets not blame the ref for the incompetencies of our backline cos i see a lot of fellas doing that! We conceded two soft goals and this was due to lack of initiative by our defence esp Campbell and Fabianski (who shoulda kicked the ball away and picked up a yellow as punishment for his stupidity all night long) i would have blamed Campbell too but after scoring that away goal. Hell naah!

Wenger should please stop playing 4-3-3 with Nasri and Rozzy flanking the striker! It is clear even to the fishermen at the creeks of Okrika that neither of them are wingers,forwards or supporting strikers

With Song,Arshavin and Gallas back for the 2nd leg i would be suprised and ashamed if Porto are not r@ped without prophylactics
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2010
eldee:

The ref wouldn't have been a factor if the 9 other players weren't strolling back instead hurrying to defend a free-kick in their 18 yard box.
Let's not even discuss Campbell/Fabianski,because their respective roles in this fiasco have been overstated.
Blame your players first before the ref.The ref is being made a scapegoat for your team's failings at the back.
If your backline were alert to their duties,the ref wouldn't be a celebrity thanks to Gunner fans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 8:25am On Feb 19, 2010
I recall being uncomfortable with the former thread topic rider entitled "In Arsene We Trust",I'm glad somebody listened
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 8:32am On Feb 19, 2010
Eastbay:

The ref wouldn't have been a factor if the 9 other players weren't strolling back instead hurrying to defend a free-kick in their 18 yard box.
Let's not even discuss Campbell/Fabianski,because their respective roles in this fiasco have been overstated.
Blame your players first before the ref.The ref is being made a scapegoat for your team's failings at the back.
If your backline were alert to their duties,the ref wouldn't be a celebrity thanks to Gunner fans.

Oh just shut up and away with your selective analysis,I see how convenient it's for you to yada yada about nada.Hellooooo,do you remember that before the counter attack that led to that incident,Rozzy was fouled right in Porto's 18 and the ref refused to award the penalty?

So it's happened,it's happened,we've moved on,don't forget Porto'll still come to the Emirates for the reverse fixture,so bother less about EMIRAATI affairs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2010
With the ubuquitous scummies and loud-mouthed chavs having very interesting EPL fixtures,this is our chance to make a run for the EPL summit(INJURY OR NO INJURY),starting with Sunderland

GO ARSENAL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 9:17am On Feb 19, 2010
Sauron,

Quit tryna be Mr. Bean! We lost, we're good. . .we got an away goal, there's STILL another 90mins to be played at the emirates! cool

Do u expect Porto to defend against the arsenal for 90mins?, Bleep No! grin grin

Sunderland, here we come.

Off-topic

Is Victor Moses Nigerian? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 9:26am On Feb 19, 2010
rasputinn:

With the ubuquitous scummies and loud-mouthed chavs having very interesting EPL fixtures,this is our chance to make a run for the EPL summit(INJURY OR NO INJURY),starting with Sunderland

GO ARSENAL
Good.
Let's forget about the match and face what's in front of us tomorrow.
Abou Diaby is injured,Arshavin,Gallas and Dudu still out,
Only Almunia and Song are expected to return.
Didn't think I would say it, but I am sure glad, that Almunia will be back grin
I think Eboue should start this one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 9:29am On Feb 19, 2010
v3:

Is Victor Moses Nigerian? shocked shocked shocked
Yes he is.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 9:37am On Feb 19, 2010
Seems this loss of form in the team has something to do with hair

Almunia went blonde & has lost IT since then
Nasri dyed his (suffered an injury) & hasn't been the same since
Adebayor cut his hair & we all know the million "one-on-one scenarios" he missed.  shocked shocked
Arshavin (OMG!!! shocked shocked) , i heard someone on here call it a "skill-cut" grin grin

Now Fabianski, Lord lemme not even go there  angry

Gunners we meet to pray o, all the emere & ogbanje in those clippers causing unbalance & skill reduction must DIE!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 9:39am On Feb 19, 2010
Have anyone noticed Sagna play recently? dude seems to be very reluctant AT TIMES!!!

i can'tt really bank on Eboue's defending qualities anymore but i can surely bet on his offensive output. . . .i would offer Eboue a staring shirt either as a RB or playing on d wings. . . .dude added bites to out attack after few secs coming from the bench. . .

Go ARSENAL!!!!. . . .Sunderland go hear am!

Everton Vz UTD cool

Gooners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

We are talking about a ref's ineptitude and idi0ts are talking about Sol putting his head in his hands and what not.
Its like Man Utd conceding a goal from a shocking penalty decision and i say "Van De Sar should have dived further".
Nairaland is blessed with dimwits.
i think ur brain has gone cold
why would SOL act beanie man on the field when he knew all he had to do was rush to stop the Porto players from playing the ball?
thts the question
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 9:50am On Feb 19, 2010
It's not about our defence here, let the referee do his job properly
how about your defender and goalie knowing the rules of the game and doing what is expected of them (doing their job properly)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 9:58am On Feb 19, 2010
tkb417:

i think your brain has gone cold
why would SOL act beanie man on the field when he knew all he had to do was rush to stop the Porto players from playing the ball?
thts the question
@Tkb417
Why we are calling you guys 'names' is your failure not to heap any blame on the ref.
We have dissed sol and fabby, but the referee goofed.
Once you call for the ball, it doesn't make sense to drop it for the opposition to take a 'quick' free kick, 5 yards from goal shocked
How you guys can't see that this negates common sense is shocking?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2010
if there is anything i have learnt in footie and its administration all my life is that ; there is nothing you can do after the referee had allowed something in. . . . .  lets not argue over this anymore! lets get back to work. .  .im optimistic that we are going thru. . .

can we get a goal at the Emirate within 20 mins? yes. . .

can we beat porto up to 3 nil at the emirates ? Yes

im not leaving out their chances of scoring though. . . .but if we start the game on a high tempo. . . .we shall win convincingly!

Nasir,Sagna needs to sit up! Rosicky his playing very good footie lately. . . Nasri is younger and needs to come back to form quickly. . . .

i also fink AW needs to play Nasri Song FAB4 when diaby is out coz i fink Nasri can equally play well from the middle in case FAB4 is cut out like he was actually in Porto

anyways. . . Still Gunner for the EPL + UCL

Let go Gunners! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2010
This got my laughing hard.
Arsenal fans wan kill Fabianski grin

"even if Almunia only has 3 good fingers and one leg it would still be a better option than David James's polish cousin"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2010
HNIC:

"even if Almunia only has 3 good fingers and one leg it would still be a better option than David James's polish cousin"

God, make dem no sack me today o grin grin grin grin grin *dies*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 10:27am On Feb 19, 2010
HNIC:

@Tkb417
Why we are calling you guys 'names' is your failure not to heap any blame on the ref.
We have dissed sol and fabby, but the referee goofed.
Once you call for the ball, it doesn't make sense to drop it for the opposition to take a 'quick' free kick, 5 yards from goal shocked
How you guys can't see that this negates common sense is shocking?
call us names o; it adds nor remove nothn

as per the REF; the rules of the game is so clear about what happened
Arsenal FC can lodge a complaint and seek for clarifications
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 10:57am On Feb 19, 2010
Tkb
does ur brain use a condom when it interacts with the rest of your anatomy?
What does the rubbish u typed have to do with the fact the freekick should never have been awarded in the first place?

I walk into your house and murder ur family in cold blood, then in my defense i say "ur wife should have tried to seduce me so ur son could knock me out while i was distracted". . .

It is unfortunate the Man Utd fans are incapable of understanding such simple things. Lost causes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Gooner1: 11:09am On Feb 19, 2010
From Yesterday Evening

I’m sitting at the departure lounge of Lagos Airport staring at some dude who strangely resembles Julius Aghahowa and I’m wondering what Gooners around the world have done to deserve the comedy of horrors that was on show last night at the Dragao in Porto where two clangers by Lukasz Fabianski led to Arsenal losing the first leg 2-1 to Porto.

By now if you didn’t see the game, you will have probable read or heard the match report. By the way it’s Julius Aghahowa and if Wikipedia is right, he played for the Police Machines at 11…what a prodigy how come I never heard of him back then…lol

I was in no way disappointed by the loss. Rather, what was painful was the way in which we conceded both goals. It’s strange to think that in his last three crucial cup games, poor old Fabianski has been involved in down right howlers.

Need I refresh your memories; Chelsea, Stoke, maybe Citeh and the Porto game. The funny thing which I must point out is the fact that while he seems to be a pretty decent shot stopper, he seems to have a penchant for clangers and last time out was no exception.

Poor positioning of a goalkeeper is bad enough but is yet forgivable. What is unacceptable and highly disappointing is the fact that a 24 year old did not know better than to pick up a back pass however accidental as it may have been.

We can go on and on about how Porto were unfair and took a quick freekick but we’ve profited from situations like that in the past. I do remember Thierry sneaking one past Cech and or Van der Sar a couple of years ago.

Whilst we can argue that Sol’s path was obstructed by the referee, our goalie should have at least tried to hold up play and prevent Porto from taking the free kick even if it would most have probably resulted in him getting booked.

Sometimes, you need to take one for the team and on that occasion, I’m wondering where everyone else was…still smarting over our shouts for a penalty a few seconds earlier? Replays show it was a stonewall penalty, but these things happen and there are no what if’s but only then what’s! I doubt it if most of the other players knew what was going on as even Cesc admitted to being about 30 metres away when he happened. Tis a shame!

In my honest opinion, our best two players on the night were Campbell and Diaby who apparently is injured again. What is it with the French man, I’d wager the fact that he couldn’t stay fit to keep himself alive. What is that?

So what next for us? With what I saw, Porto don’t stand a chance at the Emirates, and I see us running out winners by 2 or 3 clear goals. Yes, you can bookmark this post. I think I’ve watch the Gunners for long enough to know what they are capable of. It also looks like Song and Almunia could return for the game at the weekend for a game which we can and must win at all costs.

I’m away from the Greenland for three weeks, but as always I’ll have Arsenal in my heart.

Oh there goes Governor Saraki; let me get an autograph!

Till next time…Victoria Concordia Crescit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2010
tkb417:

call us names o; it adds nor remove nothn

as per the REF; the rules of the game is so clear about what happened
Arsenal FC can lodge a complaint and seek for clarifications

And what does the rule say??
"A referee is allowed to demand for the ball from the offender in a freekick situation and hand it over to the opposition for a quick free kick.
The free kick can be taken quickly even though the referee has stopped passage of play by demanding for the ball.
The referee is also allowed to block the path of the offender and raise his hand to indicate an indirect freekick when the ball has already been played"
***Shakes head***
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2010
Eastbay:

As I said, the law protects both the weak and the strong.
The law doesn't care about how weak our backline is. . . it's simple. . . it's not FIFA's job to tell rearguards how to act, it's their job to tell the referee to do his job.
If he cannot spot a hand-volley, spot a clear penalty or interprete the law of the game properly, he should get a 9-5 job.

Tell me, what should Fabianski or Campbell have done to prevent that??
If Fabianski didn't give the ball to the referee, wouldn't that be a yellow card??
What if Campbell took the ball off the ground or tried to hold play till the Arsenal players came back, what would that be??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

Tkb
does your brain use a condom when it interacts with the rest of your anatomy?
shocked shocked shocked , TKO  grin grin grin

What does the rubbish u typed have to do with the fact the freekick should never have been awarded in the first place?

I walk into your house and murder your family in cold blood, then in my defense i say "your wife should have tried to seduce me so your son could knock me out while i was distracted". . .

*dies again* Oh Lord, una go no killl person here  grin grin grin

It is unfortunate the Man Utd fans are incapable of understanding such simple things. Lost causes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

Tkb
does your brain use a condom when it interacts with the rest of your anatomy?

I walk into your house and murder your family in cold blood, then in my defense i say "your wife should have tried to seduce me so your son could knock me out while i was distracted". . .

and u think ill condescend to this level to argue with someone who feels the REF shouldnt have called for a freekick?
and dont do ur intro with me; been there b4, u were never a match so quit

discuss footie if u want to, if u dont want to; die a natural death
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2010
tkb,

Good call  wink

Ritch,

Go easy mahn  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.