Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (62308 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2010
HNIC:

And what does the rule say??
"A referee is allowed to demand for the ball from the offender in a freekick situation and hand it over to the opposition for a quick free kick.
The free kick can be taken quickly even though the referee has stopped passage of play by demanding for the ball.
The referee is also allowed to block the path of the offender and raise his hand to indicate an indirect freekick when the ball has already been played"
***Shakes head***
i know ure smart; ur goalie held on to the ball and the REF demanded for the ball cos the Porto players wanted to take it quickly

the REF didnt block ur player( he didnt hold his legs)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2010
The REF blocked Sol from making a challenge

Wah did u expect Sol to do, take out (headbutt/push/slide/tackle) the REF?

Jheez mahn!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2010
tkb417:

i know ure smart; your goalie held on to the ball and the REF demanded for the ball cos the Porto players wanted to take it quickly

the REF didnt block your player( he didnt hold his legs)

**I am just thinking**
Maybe the ref, since the Porto player whispered into his ears that they wanted the kick taken early,shoulda just taken the free kick himself. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:45am On Feb 19, 2010
v3:

The REF blocked Sol from making a challenge

Wah did u expect Sol to do, take out (headbutt/push/slide/tackle) the REF?

Jheez mahn!
relax; how did SOL get to the back of the REF and not behind the ball?

look at this; The REF blew for foul ( where was Sol?)
The REF ran to collect the ball from the Keeper ( where was Sol?)
He took the ball and dropped for the Porto player ( Where was Mr. Sol Campbell?)
i dunno how he found himself behind the REF but i think he had the time to block the players but he didnt.
thts ma point
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2010
HNIC:

**I am just thinking**
Maybe the ref, since the Porto player whispered into his ears that they wanted the kick taken early,shoulda just taken the free kick himself. tongue
hehehehe
go back and watch the game
the Porto player wanted to take the ball from the Keeper and he beckoned to the REF to appeal to the Keeper to release the ball
how did u miss that part? that is enuff to tell you they wanted to play it quickly
im tired. stick to what you believe, you lost the game cos of some bad footballing from ur lads at the back and not cos of the REF
thts ma point
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2010
Tkb
someone with ur appalling level of intelligence couldnt have had a natural birth, so i doubt ur death would be any different.
The freekick should have been awarded? I can only assume u were taking ur medication when Rosicky was denied a stone wall penalty at the other end. And/Or you are not aware a keeper is ALLOWED to pick up the ball if it comes off his defender as long as it isnt an INTENTIONAL BACK PASS.

But why do i even bother when u would just come back and say Rosicky dived and Sol's touch was intentional?
Lost cause
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

Tkb
someone with your appalling level of intelligence couldnt have had a natural birth, so i doubt your death would be any different.
The freekick should have been awarded? I can only assume u were taking your medication when Rosicky was denied a stone wall penalty at the other end. And/Or you are not aware a keeper is ALLOWED to pick up the ball if it comes off his defender as long as it isnt an INTENTIONAL BACK PASS.

But why do i even bother when u would just come back and say Rosicky dived and Sol's touch was intentional?
Lost cause
Rozzi was denied a penalty? SOL played a backpass to the keeper
2 mutually independent events
how should Rozzis appeal for penalty be a yardstick for Sols/Fabs goof? (edited)
and u call urself intelligent?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 11:58am On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

Tkb
someone with your appalling level of intelligence couldnt have had a natural birth, so i doubt your death would be any different.
The freekick should have been awarded? I can only assume u were taking your medication when Rosicky was denied a stone wall penalty at the other end. And/Or you are not aware a keeper is ALLOWED to pick up the ball if it comes off his defender as long as it isnt an INTENTIONAL BACK PASS.

Lost cause
Sols pass was not intentional? what was he trying to do facing the keeper with the ball? score an own goal?
hehehehehe, i wont exchange words with you. destroy ur certificates and go to an Ivy league school where common sense will be taught
ure an illiterate grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2010
tkb417:

Sols pass was not intentional? what was he trying to do facing the keeper with the ball? score an own goal?
hehehehehe, i wont exchange words with you. destroy your certificates and go to an Ivy league school where common sense will be taught
ure an illiterate
grin grin grin grin

COSIGNED!!!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^ co-signed by a co-ignoramus grin

TKB
Rosicky was fouled in the build up to the goal and u are telling me it was an independent incident. Were you born an idi0t?
Campbell was trying to protect the ball from the Porto player, he took one step too many then his foot accidentally came in slight contact with the ball. Only a hardcore m0ron would classify that as a back pass.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2010
Really guys give these thing a rest. And by guys i mean HNIC V3 AllBoyx, Eldee, the rest talking hookum i mean you scummies, back to hell.

Look forward, we have another important 3 points to pick at the Emirates. How long is Diaby out anyways? I'm loving the midfield of him and Song alonside Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2010
Richie abeg make una leave this matter nah. They will never agree no matter from which angle you show it to them not until it happens to them. Well shit like dat dont happen to them. Not with Faggotson stiil in charge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
rasputinn:

Oh just shut up and away with your selective analysis,I see how convenient it's for you to yada yada about nada.Hellooooo,do you remember that before the counter attack that led to that incident,Rozzy was fouled right in Porto's 18 and the ref refused to award the penalty?

So it's happened,it's happened,we've moved on,don't forget Porto'll still come to the Emirates for the reverse fixture,so bother less about EMIRAATI affairs
Stop howling,hooligan.
No one is saying you won't beat Porto.Infact I expect it (check my earlier post on this incident).That's not the point.
You bring up the incident like clay-brained Fabianski was never going to commit another howler throughout the game,whether or not Rosicky was fouled.Scream all you like.You will find it hard to convince many people the ref was responsible for the second goal.I have tried to look at it from the Arsenal point of view (if you were paying any attention,you woulda notices I said the ref "appeared" to block off Campbell).
The point is thatif your team had gotten itself together after the free-kick was awarded,there wouldn't have been anything to complain about.The more you all try to spin it,the more it looks like you want to make the ref a scapegoat.
Stop being a prude.We all watched the game and football in general.Everyone and anyone is free to comment about anything,especially since NL is supposed to be a public forum.I need to know why you feel no one appart from Arsenal fans should comment on Arsenal "affairs".You can do better than that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
slimshay:

Really guys give these thing a rest. And by guys i mean HNIC V3 AllBoyx, Eldee, the rest talking hookum i mean you scummies, back to hell.

Look forward, we have another important 3 points to pick at the Emirates. How long is Diaby out anyways? I'm loving the midfield of him and Song alonside Cesc.

I don't have a problem with Porto, the problem is, this might start a precedent.
The sooner FIFA clarified the rules on in-box freekicks, the better.

Issues like 'should a keeper hold on to the ball after the referee has asked for it' and 'should a defender impede the taking of the freekick while his teammates are coming' will always remain questionable.

This is for the love of the game, not for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
@eldee,
I'll take a yellow card over conceeding a goal.It's a lot better.I think you'll agree on that.
I thought someone woulda been alert to try blocking off whoever wanted to take a quick free-kick to delay any occurences.
It's a pity it had to go that way.I wouldn't totally exonorate the ref,but I also think anyone,including Arsenal players,would take advantage of a similar situation.Especially with loose defending.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
Eldee, the truth is dat the rules are clear on this things. Funnily when people are on the other side they start giving twisting it to suit them.

Not that i will  like to contribute to this debate going further but there were very many rules of free kick taking the ref contravened himself.

Did he call it right? It is to his discretion. But after that there is nothing left to his discretion anymore. Every step after that moment has gidlines to be followed. The only one he bothered abt was whether it will be quick or not.

Position of play, Signal for play, Positioning of referee, Line of sight of referee.

However you will find out that this things are not going to be discussed. not here, i mena by FIFA. First off, Blatter has supported his decision. As if we expected any different. Second, the rules are clear. Really they are.

Anyways like i said, this na our fan thread, we have an importat 3 points tommorrow. Lets just look forward.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Slimshay
The rules are not as clear as you think.

Of course Blatter will come out to support it. . . bt at the end, they still go into their meetings and discuss these things.
How many times has he come out to support a referee on the offside rule decision only to change it the next week.
That's how football works.

@Eastbay
That's the thing . . . I'd rather get a red card than a goal too.
But did FIFA's intention include forcing someone to choose??

At the end of the day . . . the problem with Fabianski is in-house, the refree should still do what was right at the end of the day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2010
Now Eastbay is telling us if Campbell did this and Fabianski did that, the goal wouldnt have been scored, conveniently forgetting Porto would still have had a very good chance to score even if they didnt take the freekick quickly, which ultimately leads us back to the relevant issue of the ref's buffoonery in awarding the freekick in the first place. If the ref had done his job properly, we wouldnt be having this discussion, simple!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2010
ritchboy:

^^ co-signed by a co-ignoramus grin

TKB
Rosicky was fouled in the build up to the goal and u are telling me it was an independent incident. Were you born an idi0t?
Campbell was trying to protect the ball from the Porto player, he took one step too many then his foot accidentally came in slight contact with the ball. Only a hardcore m0ron would classify that as a back pass.
use your head once and stop being a classic pederast
a foul can only be deemed a foul when the REF says so, whats the name of the school u attended?

"Cambel was trying to shield the ball from the Porto player and his foot accidentally came in slight contact with the ball"
hehehehehehehe. This is worth saving in me archives; u shd be Yaraduas bedmate in Saudi, no more no less grin grin

how do u buy that statement? how should the REF distinguish between an accidental touch and an intentional touch when SOL was facing the goalpost with the ball in his legs? ure a complete nuisance to this blog. Get some adult education man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
tkb417:

use your head once and stop being a classic pederast
a foul can only be deemed a foul when the REF says so, whats the name of the school u attended?
"Cambel was trying to shield the ball from the Porto player and his foot accidentally came in slight contact with the ball"
hehehehehehehe. This is worth saving in me archives; u shd be Yaraduas bedmate in Saudi, no more no less grin grin
how do u buy that statement? how should the REF distinguish between an accidental touch and an intentional touch when SOL was facing the goalpost with the ball in his legs? ure a complete nuisance to this blog. Get some adult education man
Oboy easy with the guy, if u check he is the only Arse fan that is arguing about the call. Others are on quick free kick while he is rooted on Penalty and accidental back pass. May be Sol want to score own goal, he is angry that AW sold him to Turkish club. Hehehehe.

Meanwhile Yaradua is no longer in Saudi, he was spotted at the emiratiiii two days ago. Dumping ground for retards.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
presido1:

Oboy easy with the guy, if u check he is the only Arse fan that is arguing about the call. Others are on quick free kick while he is rooted on Penalty and accidental back pass. May be Sol want to score own goal, he is angry that AW sold him to Turkish club. Hehehehe.

Meanwhile Yaradua is no longer in Saudi, he was spotted at the emiratiiii two days ago. Dumping ground for retards.
lol, have u seen a doofus exuding confidence in imbecility?
this dude is a renowned example.
no iota of sense grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
That Arsenal fans are all retards is not even the question here, Its an established fact.

1) Sol ACCIDENTALLY Kicked the ball to the keeper? Can there be a more retarded statement in soccer?
If a defender accidentally handles the ball in the 18. He would plead that it was unintentional?
Scholes unintentionally kicked the ball into the Milan net meaning the goal should be cancelled?
Fabianski accodentally let the ball slip under him means the goal should be cancelled?

Its confirmed that the worst breed of retards are grown at the EMirate but I still cant believe its this bad.

2) The free kick was blown and Fabianski was holding onto the ball, (Where was Sol) Holding his head.
The ref demanded the ball and handed it to the Porto player who wanted a quick free kick. (Where was Sol?) Holding his head.

The ref was static, Sol was mobile yet Sol found himself behind the ref and GAYYners in their sense blame the ref who was static. This is like a driver who ran into a pole and blamed the pole.

A football pitch is 100m by 75, Sol couldnt find another path to the ball except going to the back of the ref?

I get what happened When Sol was bending down he glanced at the refs behind, admired it and went for it immediately instead of the ball. Since Arsenal players are all GAY
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
Dayokanu
how can someone say the REF blocked SOL? how he got to be blocked is a wonder grin grin grin

and did u read where someone said Mr. Campbell kicked the ball accidentally?
thats disgusting to read from a grown up

it sounds like a vibe from an epileptic patient with no control over his lips
thts dangerous for this blog; the mod should delete that post cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
TKB,
My Bad grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2010
dayokanu:

TKB,

Regarding that car crash you had, You can claim the Pole was blocking you too
Mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and why bring me personal experience to a public forum, u dey crase grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Scholes unintentionally kicked the ball into the Milan net meaning the goal should be cancelled?
Dayo update your memory Scholes goal was cancelled after numerous consultations with stake holders in football analysis(Emirate Retards). The game is now 2-1.

Anytime i want to laff i log to arsenal thread straight. grin grin grin grin

"Accidental back pass" grin grin grin another invention of the century.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tkb417(m): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
hehehehehe
when u need classic moronic quotes, visit this thread regularly

how A-40, debosky and co support this club is a mystery
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by jalether(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
Yawns and walks out of the thread
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
presido1:

Dayo update your memory Scholes goal was cancelled after numerous consultations with stake holders in football analysis(Emirate Retards). The game is now  2-1.

Anytime i want to laff i log to arsenal thread straight.  grin grin grin grin
"Accidental back pass" grin grin grin another invention of the century.

It's rude to say GAYnners are retards!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's rude to say GAYnners are retards!!!
My Bad GAYners, i promise i wont happen again. grin grin grin cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
Young Gunz where y'all at ? I believe that period that will see us erasing the deficit is at hand.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by afrodoc(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
Dis issue of quick fk is just a symptom of d disease in d Arsenal backline. 1st is d keepers r ALL FRAUDS! Dats not a calamity though since Milan in d 90's wit Rossi in goal still won titles.2nd there's a lack of xperience in d back caushn dem 2 make skulboy mistakes.3rd of all despite all d noise of d TV5 and Gallas combo they r BOTH TRAVELLERS(overlappin CBs).wt makes dis 3rd point is when either one of them is left alone cos of d oda's earlier travelling,he still tries 2 travel(watch JS Park's gol).Football's hx is litterd wit gr8 CB combos and dey r usualy travellers and STAYERS e.g Moore and Jack Charlton,Scirea and Gentile,Adams and Keown,Baresi and Costacurta,Rio and Vida e.t.c bt Arsenal has a pair dat is happier scorin dan markin.in Park's goal,Drogba's 2nd,Rooney's goal where were d 2 of dem?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.