Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. (47009 Views)

Forgotten Facts : Nigeria’s Ballistic Missile Program. Part II. / Forgotten Facts –the Day U.S And Nigerian Soldiers Jointly Kicked ASS In Somalia / Forgotten Facts: The Day Nigeria And Cameroon Almost Went To War Part 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Chukazu: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2017
greenpasture:

The only armies in Africa that can give Nigeria a tough time are SA, Egypt, Algeria ( and strangely enough Sudan) . No one else in West Africa for sure. Chad ke? They want to surrender their oil?

No Senegal?
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by TerrorSquad147: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2017
PUSH1:

Gej messed up our military
why are you lying?? Is it an obsession or a curse?? undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 22, 2017
Chukazu:

No Senegal?

No Senegal.

It's a great army - not as large but we'll trained. but they lack air surveillance assets. In modern warfare that's a biggie. Nigeria can stitch it's ATR's into a virtual AWAC system to get battle field insight land/air on a huge scale.

Then you have combat readiness. It doesn't come with practice.

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by permit(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2017
grin mr president is in love with shadin blood and was blinded with thirst of blood which made him croos boundry to quench his thirst yet that was not enough,he disobeyed the order even when he knows its military well we have a beast in disguise of human presiding over us we call for this.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by moninuola65: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2017
Buhari had never lead the war and lose the battle never!

An Army Scout assigned to the 301 Field Artillery Regiment scans the horizon for artillery targets in the vast featureless plains of the Sambisa Forest.

3 Likes

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2017
tdayof:

True, I'm just trying to lecture that kid. People on Nairaland can be annoying.

We can also make use of the battle surveillance radar.

It's tiring ...sometime to comment I'd have to check the person's previous comments to make sure I'm not getting myself into a shouting match.

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2017
jahsharon:

IPOB yoots, can you see that bolded portion? This is the same thing that Buhari will tell your so called ICC, he will claimed in the heat of battle he was unaware he had wiped all Biafrans off Nigerian map. By that time, there will be no single Biafran left on Nigerian soil. Those who have ears, let them hear, Buhari has ear problem, so he does not hear in time.

Please refrain from encouraging genocide on NL it's not healthy.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by nnamdiosu(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
TheHistorian:
Is this thread in any way aimed at ridiculing the President?? undecided

And to the fOOl dude above me....It's highly disappointing he uses "nigga" indiscreetly when it's clearly an offensive/vulgar word.

Point of correction sir, when a black man calls another black man 'niggar' it isn't offensive. It's only when another race not black, uses the word that it's termed offensive.

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Aragon: 8:51am On Aug 22, 2017
dataking:
Egypt is number 10th in the world in global military rankings and Israel is 15th. Thats to show you the power of the Egyptian Military.
Next time dont come here and be typing rubbish.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Errm!!!!! My brother please also look at the criteria used in rating them. Manpower plays a part and Israel is just about 5million or so while Egypt is at least 50million. During the 6Days WAR do you know how many Countries including Egypt, that Isreal took out in just 6Days? Isreal will crush Egypt with their eyes closed any day any time. Since you love War stories, Read or watch Documentaries on YouTube, so many there. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by wildchild02: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2017
shuuu

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Aragon: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2017
adeblow:

It might interest you to know that he wasn't part of the coup plot, he was chosen by the supreme military council to head the country after the coup.

Exactly my thoughts!! I have asked that question on this post several times now! Was Buhari part of the Coup? Cos I was thinking he was chosen to head the Government after the Coup that he was never part of

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by farem: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
Mynd44:
"In his defence the General claimed in the heat of battle he was unaware he had crossed into Chadian territory."

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigga has a sense of humor.

Yes some are saying he only has NEPA certificate.

I ask:

what benefits has your Master's degree done to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by farem: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
Mynd44:
"In his defence the General claimed in the heat of battle he was unaware he had crossed into Chadian territory."

Yes some are saying he only has NEPA certificate.

I ask:

what benefits has their Master's degree done to Nigeria?
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by In4matic: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2017

Lol... I remember this incursion. Then, there was visible panic as the invading troops were rumoured to be close to Maiduguri Metropolis.
Surely, you shouldnt blame the general for returning the honours on the invaders home soil.

Of course, now looking at the story in retrospect, i strongly believe the displesure expressed by the civillian, overly cautious Shagari who, rather than commend Gen Buhari for his prompt and proactive response in that battle (that could well have lingered for many months) is directly or indirectly what led to his overthrow

2 Likes

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by farem: 9:19am On Aug 22, 2017
Chisom460:
nice ..... but this wasn't a war..Nigeria didn't officially declared a war..... just a major conflict...
What then is a war?
Male and female sleeping and romancing on a bed?

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by farem: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Whoeppme:
Right from time Our president buhari no dey gree hear word. Stop stop no advance again he no gree hear abeg tell me why BUHARI no go get EAR PROBLEM?

Boko Haram are our brothers, don't treat them like terrorists!

So say a hero looking for votes.

You now know the far-reaching effects today

How I wish Gen. Ihejirika also played deaf!
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by maclatunji: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Don't call the president 'Nigga'.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by moninuola65: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2017
MAITATSINE
The military head of state, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari responded with a deafening ferocity. He literally moved in his forces to wipe off the sect from existence with the same ruthlessness that he pursued Chadian forces under President Shagari. Under Shagari, Buhari was the General Officer Commanding , 3rd Armoured Brigade, Jos, Plateau State and played significant roles in containg the Maitatsine sect. Buhari flew to Yola and oversaw the military wipe out the sect (his popular vice, Idiagbon was out of the country). Buhari then vowed that Maitatsine would never sprout again. Actually, he dealt the sect a very severe blow. When Musa Makaniki, the new sect leader, fled to his hometown in Gombe, Buhari’s forces gave him a hot chase.
http://valentineodika..com/2013/12/maitatsine-bloodbath-nigerias-religious.html

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by jamesachile2: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2017
ten gbosa for baba
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Mynd44: 9:43am On Aug 22, 2017
maclatunji:

Don't call the president 'Nigga'.
Sorry to insult your sensibilities but the nigga is my president too.

3 Likes

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2017
He should ve just said his ears were infected. Simple
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by charlesucheh(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
dogged bubu!!!! the war sweet am sote him no even know when him enter the enemies sitting room.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by victor8269: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Able General, Gallant tactician, Tactical General, were some of d words you used in describing him and to tell me dat u r not a SSA to the president?. Oga, Na food u dey hustle. D same army dat sat back while Cameroonians wiped out our people in Bakassi, even after we had joyously handed over the peninsula to them?. Who's fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Lloydfolarin: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Now that we know that we lost direction.....Why is it now so hard to accept restructuring or at best divide this unholy union? Bubu came back and start telling us ''the unity of Nigeria is non negotiable" Story that we have heard for over 50years that lead us no where. I weep one more time for this Zoo republic and Animals leading us.

Who wants to be part of bad history? Nobody

Who wants to be remembered for breaking Nigeria to pieces? Nobody

Do you think it's easy to break away what has been built before you were even born? No. That's the situation these people in Presidency find themselves, they don't want to be part of such history.

Nobody wants to be part of sad history is that ll last from generation to generation.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Ezyp(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Movie writers should make something out this history
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by moorevic(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2017
Despite his shortcomings PMB tactics was brilliant and commendable.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by orunto27: 11:05am On Aug 22, 2017
We still don't know whether he fought for Nigeria or for personal agrandisement.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by seguno2: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2017
princy80:

Yeah, just in case you don't know. He has advisers who won't advice him to leave because of the pay they receive.

I thought that he is being portrayed as a strong willed man? Is that not so?
Is he unable to decide what is right for himself, regardless of the bad advice that he may receive from anyone?
Are you saying that Buhari is weak?
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by maclatunji: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Sorry to insult your sensibilities but the nigga is my president too.

It does not excuse the use of an offensive word especially in the context you are using it. If you do not understand the source of the word, do research about it.
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by dataking: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2017
Aragon:

Errm!!!!! My brother please also look at the criteria used in rating them. Manpower plays a part and Israel is just about 5million or so while Egypt is at least 50million. During the 6Days WAR do you know how many Countries including Egypt, that Isreal took out in just 6Days? Isreal will crush Egypt with their eyes closed any day any time. Since you love War stories, Read or watch Documentaries on YouTube, so many there. Thanks

You don't know history. You watched too many propaganda movies
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by Wizaugpet(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
Just to add the Nigerian Airforce also played its part too I have lot of gist from back then.
Abeg gist me, I love History.
U can send it through my Mail,, Wsdmptr@gmail.com
Re: Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. by kettykin: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
This thread will die a natural death when poster and commenters realise that
it was actually an Ex biafran Col chris Ugokwe who led the invasion of chad and recovered the 23 islands and not Buhari as been falsely insinuated in some quaters

If it was indeed buhari what on earth is stopping him and buratai from recovering Bakassi Penisular or avenging the death of 97 people of Nigerian Origin killed in Bakassi.

https://www.nairaland.com/4004775/ex-biafran-soldier-led-three#59714596
The Ex Biafran Soldier Invaded Chad And Recovered 23 Territories Within 3 Days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.