Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike (19286 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members Will Get Half Pay — Tahir Mamman / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nazar1(f): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2017
I take God name begi una,make Polytechnic no go strike,Baba Don come back make all the staff go protest their own now,Baba no dy London again ;DI take God name begi una,make Polytechnic no go strike,Baba Don come back make all the staff go protest their own now,Baba no dy London again
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by mcricky(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2017
OP get ur facts right; the name is National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT)
......beginning to doubt the authenticity of this news.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by sinaj(f): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2017
okoyeizu:
U are the idiot cos you don't know why we are going on strike...you won't ask questions why they are embarking on strike and just jump into conclusion...that's the source of ur predicament
Seems u belong to SSANU sad
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by enemyofprogress: 11:16am On Aug 22, 2017
Abeg let the showdown begin Jo,very soon baba go run back to UK and leave osinbajo to deal with it.

Vickyrotex will no longer have any excuse of not coming back home again
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by olotujuwon: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2017
its unfortunate Nigeria is in this situation & our leaders are careless
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by OAUTemitayo: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
bulletproofmonk:
I hope this settles the argument of which is better - Private Uni vs Public Uni.

Your govt Universities have failed abysmally. Better go get CU or Babcock form.
Awon 150 in JAMB.
Better go rest..
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by onyxo76(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hadone:

My gentle comrade, which university?
obafemi awolowo university, hoping hoping for a good resolution tomorrow

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Hadone(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
onyxo76:
obafemi awolowo university, hoping hoping for a good resolution tomorrow
Nice to meet you sir. I work with Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina. I have good people at your location including president of the NCS Professor Sola Aderoumu
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by okoyeizu: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
sinaj:
Seems u belong to SSANU sad
U are right Sir
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by sinaj(f): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
okoyeizu:
U are right Sir
which chpter
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by okoyeizu: 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
sinaj:
which chpter
sorry,i can't post where I work on social media..i think I've answered your question..thank u
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by sinaj(f): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
okoyeizu:
sorry,i can't post where I work on social media..i think I've answered your question..thank u
it's fine. Thank u.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by bahaushe1: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
ASUU will soon suspend it is ongoing strike. My branch have called a special Congress meeting to consider proposal from national strike monitoring committee.

The renewed agitation by SSANU, NASU, and NAAT is due to the fact that they also have Allowances similar to ASUU's earned academic allowance in their agreements with FGN. In 2013 when FGN released 30b NGN as earned academic allowance following ASUU strike, SSANU, NASU, and NAAT members got about 17b NGN out of the 30b NGN while members of ASUU got only 13b NGN.

They want to claim a share of whatever ASUU will get from FGN as earned academic allowance.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by lookingfly: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
Will you stop this rubbish talk[qquote author=9jakohai post=59709443]THe only solution is fee increases.

govt cannot fund universities adequately.[/quote]
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by onyxo76(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hadone:

Nice to meet you sir. I work with Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina. I have good people at your location including president of the NCS Professor Sola Aderoumu
so you know our ICT prof... great.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
lookingfly:
Will you stop this rubbish talk[qquote author=9jakohai post=59709443]THe only solution is fee increases.

govt cannot fund universities adequately.

A few facts....

Foreign universities have budgets of $100million and above per annum...and students pay fees starting from $3000

Nigerian universities have budgets of $30million and fees of $200 per student per annum

The 2009 ASUU agreement that guaranteed $3trillion over 2 years was reduced by GEJ to $1trillion....because even in those times of plenty they could not pay N3 trillion.

And seriously....N3 trillion...from this year's largely borrow borrow budget.? (And it might even be higher than that)

Man....education is expensive. I wish it was possible for students to just pay N10000 per annum. But that is not possible.

Denmark has free education up to university level....because every one of thier citizens and residents dumps half their salary on the govt in form of taxes. If we did that for Nigeria...you people will riot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by lookingfly: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
We just hope they don't increase the fees
9jakohai:

A few facts....

Foreign universities have budgets of $100million and above per annum...and students pay fees starting from $3000

Nigerian universities have budgets of $30million and fees of $200 per student per annum

The 2009 ASUU agreement that guaranteed $3trillion over 2 years was reduced by GEJ to $1trillion....because even in those times of plenty they could not pay N3 trillion.

And seriously....N3 trillion...from this year's largely borrow borrow budget.? (And it might even be higher than that)

Man....education is expensive. I wish it was possible for students to just pay N10000 per annum. But that is not possible.

Denmark has free education up to university level....because every one of thier citizens and residents dumps half their salary on the govt in form of taxes. If we did that for Nigeria...you people will riot.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 23, 2017
9jakohai:

A few facts....

A man that can't be trusted with $1 can not also be trusted with $1,000,000. Nigerian government has shown that they can't handle funds, they are always thinking of looting.
Who will agree to pay 50% of his/her salary as tax for another person to use in buying private jets, bullet proof cars, diamond jewelries e. t. c.?
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Mememan: 6:48am On Aug 24, 2017
Hardeysolution:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/240937-nigerian-universities-set-for-more-crises-as-ssanu-nasu-nat-meet-on-nationwide-strike.html
Punch is very stupìd
What us NAT?
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE NAT.
WW ONLY HAVE NAAT WHICH IS;
NATIONAL
ASSOCIATION OF
ACADEMIC
TECHNOLOGISTS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike / Unizik Students Build A Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.