Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo (23386 Views)

APC NWC May Adopt Indirect Primaries In Ondo / National Assembly Approves N160bn For Minimum Wage Increase / 2019 Presidency: Afenifere Meets Obasanjo, May Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Moreoffaith(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2017
grin
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by KayDEAN(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2017
This is why I prefer online work

Check out my signature
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by CaptPlanet(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2017
Seems everything in Nigerian now is selective, government of the elites.

Why not cut spending from the NASS and increase that of govt workers?
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by exlinklodge: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2017
hmmm

apc apc apc

how many times i call una?
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by canalily(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2017
Which one is selective again Infact this man...
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by unitysheart(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
Why not increase the allowances of certain federal workers eg University Polytechnic College Secondary Primary and Medical staff of federal government

FG should start paying this staff Research and hazard allowance in order to enable them to develop new ideas products services etc that can help transform the social economy of Nigeria through Education and Health.

The first person that made sense in this thread.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nwaoma198(f): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2017
U need a big knock on that ur amoeba head,insulting an elderly person later u guys will start calling igbos names.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by unitysheart(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2017
egike:
They should increase the pay of the security agencies with good insurance cover for health and others

Another person that made good sense.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2017
Sometimes i don't blame this osinbajo. They are just controlling because he just a "vice" president,see the people working from monday to friday for more than 8 hours and see the the minimum wage there giving us(them because am not part of them).And you will see our lawmakers going out on 8 weeks break for making laws.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by realborn(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2017
I think it makes sense, contrary to the opinion of the majority above.

Keep the basic minimum wage at par for all parastatals, give bonuses to parastatals that are more efficient, effort driven, tirelessly generate revenue and active. FIRS, Security Agencies, Customs, Medics, Petroleum MDAs etc.

This is an example of the merit based system. Got its pros and cons though!

2 Likes

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by donqx: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2017
no
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Zico5(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
Why not increase the allowances of certain federal workers eg University Polytechnic College Secondary Primary and Medical staff of federal government

FG should start paying this staff Research and hazard allowance in order to enable them to develop new ideas products services etc that can help transform the social economy of Nigeria through Education and Health.
See how selfish I are, I dont blame u cos I have seen clearly the region u came from. I am very sure u are working in one of the government agencies u just mentioned. Why can't u canvas for general modulation for all agencies instead of being selfish in nature

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Zico5(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

See how selfish u re, I dont blame u cos I have seen clearly the region u came from. I am very sure u are working in one of the government agencies u just mentioned. Why can't u canvas for general modulation for all agencies instead of being selfish in nature
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by aolawale025: 8:46am On Aug 23, 2017
Every level of government (FG, States and LG) should pay it's workers according to its capacity.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Adedaniel211(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2017
keme177:
Wetin him do biko grin
U no see wetin osinbajo talk !. Abeg Read ham nw
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by SalamRushdie: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

So if they don't pay a researcher research allowance he will not research new things ? I am an innovator and I have personally funded all innovations to life without any research or hazard allowance so I wonder why they need one to do that they say they like ...The truth is that most people in govt service are free loader and even if you give them hefty research allowance the only thing they will research is goat head peppersoup at the nearest bar.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by remirez07(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2017
phosky:

source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/08/fg-may-adopt-selective-minimum-wage.html
the virus in buhari's head had corrupted shibawajo memory card.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by donbrowser(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2017
escodotman:
This is likely to be a joke. How do you increase the bonuses/salary of certain civil servants and leave the rest This government sef
He cited a very good example using FIRS in lagos. If you increase the salaries of the sectors that are doing well others will improve too.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by signeddocuments: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2017
There is a good sense in what the VP is saying because I do not expect increase again for workers of agencies such as FIRS,CBN, NNPC, DPR,etc.They are already being overpaid compare to civil servants in the ministries.There supposed to be equity in the system,they are all working forthe same government.

3 Likes

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Mmadu111: 8:56am On Aug 23, 2017
We are talking about National Minimum wage ooo
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by COMPAQ(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2017
My approach to this would be increase the salaries of the lowest Cadre like up to level 10, while keeping those above level 10 constant (for now) to close the wage disparity. The increase can be funded by reducing the workforce.

There is no doubt that our civil service is over staffed. Just go to federal secretariat in any state and see how many people are just sitting at desks doing nothing. I went to collect my passport at immigration and the job of someone of like 55 years was to ensure that I filled one book stating that that I collected my passport. And that one will go home everyday and say he is working? That kind of dude need to go. Worst case a corper should be doing that.

There is an Orosanye report that recommends rationalization of a number of agencies and parastatals, but various government including this one seem to be scared to implement it.

We have so many agencies and parastatals that we have never even heard of. Basically doing nothing but existing under the radar and just paying salaries. That is why we need Chinese to come and discover stuff in Cross River, yet we have many solid minimal research agencies in place, we have geologists in universities who never conduct field studies etc.

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Laredojohn(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2017
This sounds nice, but ordinarily these agencies mentioned earn more than regular civil servants, increasing it again makes them earn far more.... Which will now make the core Civil servants more corrupt....

2 Likes

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Chatflick(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Wow! Nigeria can't excel with the current track it's on. How can you even conceive such a thought for crying out loud. Do to Paul whatever you do to Peter. There shouldn't be such a thing as 'Selective wage' it is not acceptable.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Chatflick(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2017
signeddocuments:
There is a good sense in what the VP is saying because I do not expect increase again for workers of agencies such as FIRS,CBN, NNPC, DPR,etc.They are already being overpaid compare to civil servants in the ministries.There supposed to be equity in the system,they are all working forthe same government.
He is addressing the issue of Minimum wage and not Salary increment.
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Naijabams(m): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2017
Our leaders are the ones killing this government o what a country angry how I wish I can just re modify the country once more and change to leaders to under 30yr+ only ��
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by leo2020: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2017
escodotman:
This is likely to be a joke. How do you increase the bonuses/salary of certain civil servants and leave the rest This government sef
You should ask yourself why a level 8 nurse is earning 3times of his/her teacher counterpart. .even when they attend same market and buy petrol at same pump price..
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by leo2020: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2017
magoo10:
every worker definitely deserves a wage increase,Nigeria leaders always trying one stupid move or the other and at the end of the day they won't make any increase,sometimes one wonders if these people are into yahoo yahoo.
You should ask yourself why a level 8 nurse is earning 3times of his/her teacher counterpart. .even when they attend same market and buy petrol at same pump price..
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2017
eleojo23:
There is some sense in what he is saying but other workers will protest as usual.

A lot of our professionals are leaving the country and relocating to other countries where they will earn better pay. So an increase in their remuneration will perhaps convince them to stay back and develop the country. Nobody wants to stay in a country where his services are undervalued.

However, everything has advantages and disadvantages...

There has to be a mechanism that will ensure fairness to avoid excessively favoring one group over the other.

Everyone deserves a fair wage for his work and I believe that the National minimum wage (18k) should be reviewed.
But still, at the end of the day, everyone cannot be on the same salary level because the skills, expertise and risks involved in their jobs are different.
oga ,please try to be objective and rationale in your postulations .....just because you are on a high scale salary and can conquer prices in the market hence not in the quest to have your salary increased never means others in the lower hierachy doesnt deserve a pay rise .....BE RATIONALE

1 Like

Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Not a bad idea if incentives of staff of revenue generating agencies are improved to stimulate efficiency. But hope APC members won't be privy to this "incentives" grin.

On a serious note you looking for new ways to extract money from a population that are struggling to feed. Why not curb obvious excesses and loop holes in govt like the stupendous allowances of our Senate and ministers. And merge the several govt agencies doing nearly the same thing like DSS and SSS, EFCC and ICPC, ministry of police affairs and defence minister etc

Make I see any revenue collector for my gate first grin
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by eleojo23: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2017
hardwerk:
oga ,please try to be objective and rationale in your postulations .....just because you are on a high scale salary and can conquer prices in the market hence not in the quest to have your salary increased never means others in the lower hierachy doesnt deserve a pay rise .....BE RATIONALE

Did you understand what I wrote at all?
Re: FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo by orunto27: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2017
It might be counter-productive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commonwealth Election Observers Land In Nigeria, Meet INEC (Photos) / Kate Osamor: We Must Stop Funding Corrupt Nigerian Security Agencies / Full List Of Ambassadorial Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.