Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,114 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ogun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ogun State. (455 Views)

APC Crisis: Tinubu Regains ‘control’ Of Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti / Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / APC NWC Panel Declares Abiodun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ogun State. by nlugliest: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2017
An open letter to the Governor of Ogun state on the marginalization of the Yewa/Awori entity by an aggrieved aborigine.

23rd August, 2017.

Your Excellency,
I am writing this with heavy heart to express my displeasure on the stagnant and dilapidate state of Yewa/Awori domain of Ogun state, a territory which amount to 37% of the total land mass of the state with 5 local government areas. I have travelled across the state and saw countless mega city standard of social amenities and infrastructures done by your administration.
It breaks my heart that every time i travel to my home town idiroko and drive through major towns that made up of Yewa/Awori domain like Ilaro, Owode and the likes, nothing has changed since 1996, when I finally left my home town for another state, attimes I wonder if truly Yewa/Awori domain belongs to Ogun state considering the breeze of sustainable developments blowing across other domains of the state but road side signboards and signposts do correct my skepticism . Your excellency, I feel we are being marginalized, there are no contemporary implemented projects, the ones that has been in place since a very long time had been dilapidated due to lack of maintenance and the standard of living of our people is very low since they don't have access to basic amenities.
I wish your excellency could take a tour round the Yewa/Awori domain and you will see for yourself how least developed that domain is compared to other domains within the state jurisdiction since the beginning of your administration.
I want to please make an important clarification that this letter is not written for the purpose of the power shift struggle clamoured by our people but for an evenly developed Ogun state. I believe that if pragmatic attention can be paid to our domain, it will also restructure the leadership model of the state where a sitting governor do more for the domain he emanates from. I have great hope in your administration that Yewa/Awori domain will enjoy the dividends of democracy just like the incredible developments other domains are currently witnessing under your watch as the Executive Governor of the state.

A progressive native of Ogun state
Odemona Yaqub Ekundayo
E-mail: get2ekundayo@gmail.com
Re: An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ogun State. by taylor88(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2017
SKULLarship governor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AGF Accuses EFCC Of Frustrating Anti-graft War / Nigerian Govt Orders NBC To Sanction TV, Radio Stations Over Hate Speech / Plot To Undermine APC Primaries Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.