Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried (790 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Sister Is Posting These Kinda videos On Facebook / I Love These Kinda Guys (photo) / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Thoracarlson: 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
Recently I was friended on Facebook by a Nigerian man - he must have seen my picture on Facebook from who-knows-where but he started chatting with me telling me he loves me right away and I'm so beautiful and he will be there for me and everything immediately.. soon thereafter I was friended by two more Nigerian men one of them is a doctor or claims to be an optician but says he is out of work due to no work in Nigeria.. I've never really chatted online before much and it was too stressful to try to chat with 3 different people so I picked the optician.. and have been trying to talk to him he seems very caring concerned he wants to come to the u.s. on a Visa and stay with me and get to know me so that maybe we can get married.. I am not by any means desperate but I did just come out of a bad relationship in fact I have a restraining order on my ex so I've kind of been holing myself up in my apartment.. I told this 'optician' that I would never have money to send him here he would have to pay for it but I would like to meet him and most of the times when I got really serious talking about it I had had a couple drinks.. he sent me copies of a degree from a College in iwerri - he tells me that we are only going to see each other from now on he tells me that he already went and got a Visa he needs an invite from me and if I can help at all pay his way to come here that would be appreciated I told him from the beginning I could not help I live paycheck to paycheck and honestly I don't want someone coming to stay with me that I've never met.. he seems like a very caring man he wants to talk to me all the time but he throws the word love in so much I told him I don't think we have the same definition of love he calls me an angel he says I changed his life.. etc etc etc - he has made me feel like he wants to leave Nigeria because there is no opportunity he post pictures on Facebook with a flashy watch nice clothes in nice cars on top of that his other friend that had friended me also had his picture taken at the same house with flashy clothes and flashy watch.. I asked why they were had pictures taken in the same house but I only asked one guy he said that it was because he goes to visit his friend everything isn't completely matching up I asked my optician friend how he got his money if he has no practice or is not working he said he works when he can at local hospitals and he used to student loan money to buy himself things.. I recently blocked all three of my so-called friends from Nigeria and I'm just wondering any opinions I haven't been known to be blind to people trying to deceive me I am so open and honest that I trust them believe everybody which is something I need to work on please help with any opinions.. in fact he claims he already got the Visa and had an interview but we've only been chatting for like 2 months if that
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by greatnaija01: 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE O..... EVEN PHYSICALLY DATING CAN BE DECEPTIVE.... SO PLS DONT DATE ONLINE.... MEET HIM PHYSICALLY BEFORE YOU ACCEPT TO DATE

Thoracarlson:
Recently I was friended on Facebook by a Nigerian man - he must have seen my picture on Facebook from who-knows-where but he started chatting with me telling me he loves me right away and I'm so beautiful and he will be there for me and everything immediately.. soon thereafter I was friended by two more Nigerian men one of them is a doctor or claims to be an optician but says he is out of work due to no work in Nigeria.. I've never really chatted online before much and it was too stressful to try to chat with 3 different people so I picked the optician.. and have been trying to talk to him he seems very caring concerned he wants to come to the u.s. on a Visa and stay with me and get to know me so that maybe we can get married.. I am not by any means desperate but I did just come out of a bad relationship in fact I have a restraining order on my ex so I've kind of been holing myself up in my apartment.. I told this 'optician' that I would never have money to send him here he would have to pay for it but I would like to meet him and most of the times when I got really serious talking about it I had had a couple drinks.. he sent me copies of a degree from a College in iwerri - he tells me that we are only going to see each other from now on he tells me that he already went and got a Visa he needs an invite from me and if I can help at all pay his way to come here that would be appreciated I told him from the beginning I could not help I live paycheck to paycheck and honestly I don't want someone coming to stay with me that I've never met.. he seems like a very caring man he wants to talk to me all the time but he throws the word love in so much I told him I don't think we have the same definition of love he calls me an angel he says I changed his life.. etc etc etc - he has made me feel like he wants to leave Nigeria because there is no opportunity he post pictures on Facebook with a flashy watch nice clothes in nice cars on top of that his other friend that had friended me also had his picture taken at the same house with flashy clothes and flashy watch.. I asked why they were had pictures taken in the same house but I only asked one guy he said that it was because he goes to visit his friend everything isn't completely matching up I asked my optician friend how he got his money if he has no practice or is not working he said he works when he can at local hospitals and he used to student loan money to buy himself things.. I recently blocked all three of my so-called friends from Nigeria and I'm just wondering any opinions I haven't been known to be blind to people trying to deceive me I am so open and honest that I trust them believe everybody which is something I need to work on please help with any opinions.. in fact he claims he already got the Visa and had an interview but we've only been chatting for like 2 months if that
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by hertz9te(m): 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
what the person above said
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by TheArticleNG(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hey what kinda story is this, I smell scam
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by beastofwestros(m): 12:03am On Aug 24, 2017
Thoracarlson:

lol...why am I finding it difficult to believe your story

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Thoracarlson:
Recently I was friended on Facebook by a Nigerian man - he must have seen my picture on Facebook from who-knows-where but he started chatting with me telling me he loves me right away and I'm so beautiful and he will be there for me and everything immediately..

and you didnt ask this deluded man how he could love a person he has no clue about?! or better yet, asked him what he actually love about you, since he knows NOTHING about you?!

soon thereafter I was friended by two more Nigerian men one of them is a doctor or claims to be an optician but says he is out of work due to no work in Nigeria.. I've never really chatted online before much and it was too stressful to try to chat with 3 different people so I picked the optician..

what criteria did you use to pick that one over the other?! is it is job title or what?! is it also too stressful to get to know people's character before choosing them over others?!

and have been trying to talk to him he seems very caring concerned he wants to come to the u.s. on a Visa and stay with me and get to know me so that maybe we can get married..

ok, NOW we understand the motive for all these African brothas being interested in you... you live in the US. ok!

I am not by any means desperate but I did just come out of a bad relationship in fact I have a restraining order on my ex so I've kind of been holing myself up in my apartment..

you certainly act desperate if you would gladly have some stranger, you met online, move in with you.

I told this 'optician' that I would never have money to send him here he would have to pay for it but I would like to meet him and most of the times when I got really serious talking about it I had had a couple drinks..

so you think money is the only thing these scammers and fraudsters are all after?! easy visa, address to send looted goods, address to apply for their visas, place to stay for free while in the US etc

he sent me copies of a degree from a College in iwerri - he tells me that we are only going to see each other from now on he tells me that he already went and got a Visa he needs an invite from me and if I can help at all pay his way to come here that would be appreciated

any person sending you a degree is just preparing you for the scam, beware little sista... the degree might be fake!
ask him to give you all details of his visa application so you will check all the information he gave to the immigration (bluff)

I told him from the beginning I could not help I live paycheck to paycheck and honestly I don't want someone coming to stay with me that I've never met.. he seems like a very caring man he wants to talk to me all the time but he throws the word love in so much I told him I don't think we have the same definition of love he calls me an angel he says I changed his life.. etc etc etc

Romance scam at its finest...thats their motto!

he has made me feel like he wants to leave Nigeria because there is no opportunity he post pictures on Facebook with a flashy watch nice clothes in nice cars on top of that his other friend that had friended me also had his picture taken at the same house with flashy clothes and flashy watch..

yet he has no money to pay for a plane ticket, right?!

I asked why they were had pictures taken in the same house but I only asked one guy he said that it was because he goes to visit his friend everything isn't completely matching up I asked my optician friend how he got his money if he has no practice or is not working he said he works when he can at local hospitals and he used to student loan money to buy himself things..

you actually think he would tell you he is into 419?!

I recently blocked all three of my so-called friends from Nigeria and I'm just wondering any opinions I haven't been known to be blind to people trying to deceive me I am so open and honest that I trust them believe everybody which is something I need to work on please help with any opinions.. in fact he claims he already got the Visa and had an interview but we've only been chatting for like 2 months if that

again, do NOT give that person your personal details (name address phone # etc) as they can use it fraudulently... ask him what he wants to come do in the US if he aint got a job?! NO embassy would ever give this unemployed man a visa, therefore they need gullible good Samaritan (like yourself) to help them cheat the system. the fact that he is already asking for money and help, while trying to trick you that he loves you, show the romance scam pattern... let me give you the simple truth: RUUUUN FOR YOUR LIFE before you get defrauded!

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 24, 2017
To all the posters above sorry for being so naive. How come she knew about nairaland and didn't know about a simple scam technique. How come the olodo is a new member.

Alaye just wan know how he go take refine him format.
Say no to internet fraud

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by madone: 12:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Oyinbo woman I go chop ur dollar.i go take ur money disappear....hahaa

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 24, 2017
these yahooboys have up their game since buhari took over cheesy

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 24, 2017
madone:
yahooboys are not smilling grin
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by madone: 12:53am On Aug 24, 2017
lefulefu:

yahooboys are not smilling grin
making money things lol oyinbo want love we want money. We can help one another ......ehh op if that optician love is not real me I be dietician I LL love u like mad all u need to do is come to Nigeria cos I no fit come ur country. In my culture na woman go pack meet man ....u get what I am saying

2 Likes

Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Lewaluv(f): 1:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Lol
madone:
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by madone: 2:28am On Aug 24, 2017
Lewaluv:
Lol
my God ooo girly those ur lips re they real or na plastics surgery.I wander why one man go leave African beauties to go fine oyinbo woman ..
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Lewaluv(f): 2:54am On Aug 24, 2017
Do you want to taste?
madone:
my God ooo girly those ur lips re they real or na plastics surgery.I wander why one man go leave African beauties to go fine oyinbo woman ..
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by madone: 6:25am On Aug 24, 2017
Lewaluv:
Do you want to taste?
yea with pleasure.what is the requirement
Re: Internet Dating A Nigerian Man - Kinda Worried by Kobicove(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2017
Please use paragraphs next time you want to write an epistle like this undecided

If your story is true then I would advise you to run cos this is a scam in the making...

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Wedding Of Siblings Who Got Married On The Same Day / NAIRALANDERS THAT ARE ALWAYS HORN..Y (pic) / Diks Or Puccy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.