Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily (18278 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by SIRTee15: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2017
EntMirror:

I don't think he worth your mention. He's probably one of these individuals waiting for white collar jobs from the government. cheesy

Computer village is a huge market place and thank them for their immense contribution to the economy of Nigeria. These are entrepreneurs who have set out to break conventionalities.

Visit www.entmirror.com for Business ideas

32 billion dollars is overbloated...
The GDP of nigeria is 406 billion dollars...
So u telling me computer village alone contributes close to 10 percent of nigerian gdp.....
The total revenue of the indian IT sector is 150 billion dollars...
Thats a sector that includes outsourcing IT services, product development, software design n hardware manufacturing....
Wetin dem they do for computer village....
No be buying n selling...
Abeg....

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by magoo10(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2017
madridguy:
Kudos to our Igbo brothers.

God Bless them all.
You can say that again,God bless you too bro.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Ralphdan(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2017
DaudaAbu:
Developing some1 elses land

that's the problem with most of you.Even u chase some of them out of Lagos without their property u can never b as rich as they are.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by cmt1(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2017
madridguy:

God Bless them all.

The president of Computer Village Association is a yoruba man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Duru009(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Igbo's making Nigeria proud since 1960

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Duru009(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Igbo's making Nigeria proud since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Ralphdan(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2017
SIRTee15:

32 billion dollars is overbloated...
The GDP of nigeria is 406 billion dollars...
So u telling me computer village alone contributes close to 10 percent....
Even the total revenue of the indian IT sector is 150 billion dollars...
Thats a sector that includes outsourcing IT services, product development, software design n hardware manufacturing....
Wetin dem they do for computer village....
No be buying n selling...
Abeg....

you maybe right but that doesn't compromise the fact that it contributes alot.
that's computer village o not Alaba,Akoka,oshodi,idumota. Igbos are blessing to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by victorDanladi: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2017
MansaMoussa:
They should publish the methodology used in arriving at such ludicrous figure....fools
na biafran methodology them use.
mouth! mouth! mouth!

Give us evidence!....they will post ewedu or demola ajayi picture!

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by persius555(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2017
The same market LASG is bent on closing down. Govt is a curse in this country.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by buckyfof(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin

$32 billion dollars?

Lol.. fake over bloated figures

Might not be up to $1.5b per day
But they sure as hell might reach there super quick at the rate at which they re going

Last time I went to computer village to see my uncle in his shop, he made sales of 1.5m in less than 30 mins

And his shop is not even as big as my toilet....talk of slot and d rest
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by skedman(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2017
izombie:
Very soon that money would be added to biafra. Obodo oma.
illiterate . Your birafuro have little or no infrastructure ,you leader nnmadi kanu lack that vision. But my lagos has built lagos free trade zone ,dangote refinery and lot more. Please stop dreaming .
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by henrixx(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2017
buckyfof:

Might not be up to $1.5b per day
But they sure as hell might reach there super quick at the rate at which they re going

Last time I went to computer village to see my uncle in his shop, he made sales of 1.5m in less than 30 mins

And his shop is not even as big as my toilet....talk of slot and d rest
this one wey the shop small pass toilet. he dey sell human head?

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by buckyfof(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2017
henrixx:
this one wey the shop small pass toilet. he dey sell human head?

Most of the shops there aren't big

I believe d demand for shops there are very high, so the owner of d building probably sized d shops to make extraordinary rental income knowing people would still come for it in high demand
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

A sad fact.
But then Lagos is strategically positioned for it with advantage in developed sea ports, airports and a ready business environment with various value chains and consumers.
There is nowhere else in Nigeria that such would have happened anyway. So i won't blame igbos for creating such business in the only real ready made market.
My blame rests solely on the federal government for under-developing the rest of the country, especially igboland. We need to restructure.
Igbos dont dominate computer village. Na lie. Does Enugu not have airport? What about seaports in the south south? Why are you not using them?
Even if they restructure Nigeria, you will still blame other people for your failures.

3 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by cstr1000: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

Igbos dont dominate computer village. Na lie. Does Enugu not have airport? What about seaports in the south south? Why are you not using them?
Even if they restructure Nigeria, you will still blame other people for your failures.
Okay.
It is futile to educate a bigot.
Someone that can argue over who ''dominates'' computer village is not worth wasting my time on.
Yoruba dominates computer village. If that makes you sleep at night.

3 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Lagos just enjoying everything bcoz of d airport and especially the seaport containers landing zone. Govt wont develop other places to allow the whole country flourish. Later they wonder y some are agitating for Biafra.

Im arahia mehn
There is an international airport in iboland. Igbo land is land locked but there is seaport in south south. Why are you not using them?

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Halo22: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2017
Small and medium scale enterprise pays contributes heavily to developing countries like ours. Just only that one and see the enormous figure being mentioned. If only this govt would equip entrepreneurs better in every state, why won't the economy of the country boom. But we keep electing analog and outdated men as our leaders.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2017
Topmaike007:
kudos to my fellow igbo brodas who are working hard to make dis country leavable.
nw i see d main reasons why biafra can never be achieve,somebody making money in everyday in dat area is it d person dat will be shouting biafra?
It is obvious you have not been to computer village.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2017
victorDanladi:

EVERYTHING YOU LISTED UP THERE IS IN RIVERS STATE.

STOP THIS CONSPIRACY THEORY PLEASE!
There is even an international Airport in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by ODVanguard: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

Maybe he actually meant to say that even with all the other seaports in the SS which are closer to igboland, and their Enugu, Asaba, PH, and Owerri airports, situating a computer village in their region would still not be viable region coz they lack a big enough consumer market to make it so. Yorubaland has the largest consumer market in Nigeria, followed by the North and then the Niger Delta.

Look at the the recently released data on active telecoms data and you will see that their region has the lowest teledensity. They can barely afford to buy credit to load their phones over there in order to make phone calls or browse, compared to other regions. Even Delta and Edo have higher purchasing power in that regard. And that explains why they have to emigrate to other more prosperous regions to make it in life. undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by EmekaBlue(m): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

There is an international airport in iboland. Igbo land is land locked but there is seaport in south south. Why are you not using them?
lol..@ igbo land landlocked,bro apart from lagos....is there any other beach in the southwest,its also landlocked, and plz note river niger has route to the atlantic ocean and can recieve ships but ofc no provision for it to come by that route to anchor and offload.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by okasebe(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2017
madridguy:

God Bless them all.

Yorubas like you keep giving those trying to propagate the might of yorubas problems simply because you are not well informed.

Who told you igbos dominate computer village?

Computer village is dominated by yorubas, we run the association in computer village.

It's better you edit that your misinformed comment now.

Cc: kn23h, ODVanguard, JeetKunDo

3 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by unitysheart(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2017
GogetterMD:

Figures aren't overblown. You need to spend time in computer village to know how much exchanges hand daily. Went to fix my phone sometime in 2014, in one tiny 6ft by 3ft under-staircase shop like that, and in under one hour, over 400k had exchanged hands there. That is just one very small shop, not even big retailers like Westgate, Slot or Microstation

Westgate na baba. The guy be major HP dealer. He now has a South Africa annex and his staff are well taken care of. Some get official cars to move around.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Shakingdbumbum: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Some areas will really be poor as paupers when igbos leave. Biafra on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by EmekaBlue(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2017
okasebe:

Yorubas like you keep giving us trying to propagate the might of yorubas problems because you are not well informed.

Computer village is dominated by yorubas, we run the association in computer village.

It's better you delete that your misinformed comment now.

association to collect egunje from shop owners...do you do d import? my friend dont even argue this.

peace out。

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by ODVanguard: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2017
okasebe:

Yorubas like you keep giving us trying to propagate the might of yorubas problems because you are not well informed.

It's better you delete that your misinformed comment now.

That guy is an uninformed ignoramus. He only made that comment to get likes from ipob folks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by okasebe(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
nigga

Are you being sarcastic or just trying to get likes and shares from pigs and ediots?

Bros, I was wondering too.

Because it is an open secret that yorubas dominate and control computer village in ikeja

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2017
geronimoedeh1:
Igbos doing Yorubas proud....
Thats why they convulse at the mention of Biafra..If Igbos leave the west today,it will crumble like the historical kingdom of Rome.
Leave first and let us see

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by okasebe(m): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2017
EmekaBlue:
association to collect egunje from shop owners...do you do d import? my friend dont even argue this.

peace out。

You are ignorant.

Computer village in ikeja is dominated and controlled by Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by deedeedee1: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2017
EmekaBlue:
lol..@ igbo land landlocked,bro apart from lagos....is there any other beach in the southwest,its also landlocked, and plz note river niger has route to the atlantic ocean and can recieve ships but ofc no provision for it to come by that route to anchor and offload.
Ondo and Ogun states have access to sea.
Yeah, Igbo land is land locked

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Shakingdbumbum: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

The earlier u accept the truth, the better for you. There is nothing like SS in geographical cardinal points. it was created by Nigeria to suck u dry and empty. igbos will identify themselves as igbos when Biafra comes.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by GoldNiagara(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin

$32 billion dollars?

Lol.. fake over bloated figures

Took it out of my mouth. 1.5 billion daily, If it is doing 200 million daily, Lagos state government would have totally hijacked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo / Nigerian Naira And Its Value / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.