Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Avatar Sucks! - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar Sucks! (5536 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2010
Double N:

No be 2010 dem do Oscars??
Because dem do Oscars for 2010 no mean say all the films wey dem nominate come out for 2010. But the "original" DVD came out on April 22, 2010 and it sold 4.7 million copies in 4 days.
"The Hurt Locker" was average but I too dey fall asleep anytime I dey watch am.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by tpia411: 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
ogagusps3:
The movie's story is very annoying angry

why do you find it annoying?
Re: Avatar Sucks! by tpia3396: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
TrainedM:
I enjoyed watching Avatar. The technology somehow overshadowed the story line but it was really interesting and the cinema experience was fantastic

i'd like to watch it in 3D or high def, havent done so yet.

the habitat/ecosystem was based on the sea (undersea), i think. That's why there was so much blue and also why the atmosphere seemed surreal.

gives it an almost "star wars" type of quality (sort of sci-fi) except in a different form. Like tarzan in blue format instead of green.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by rapmike(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
Avatar was definitely overhyped, even more than English Soccer Players (lolz). To be factual, I believe its not as terrible as some people put it ( headaches from the movies is way,way, over the line). Yet after all the talk, it was kinda of a let down. Never even finished the film sef, abandoned it out of boredom.

For those defending it by saying the stories are the same; they should then tell me why almost nobody can complain about LOTR or 300? That's because the way their stories are written makes them unique, the characterization of the main acts are far more better than Avatar and the effects are still wonderful. To me Divergent is far better than Avatar.

But for those who just want to watch a 'good' film, Avatar is okay, not that I can recommend it oh!
Re: Avatar Sucks! by tpia2012: 12:44am On Jan 01, 2015
if you're not into landscapes, you wont like avatar because much of the story revolves around different landscapes/ecosystems, they are interwoven with the theme.

remember the big tree was said to be connected to a vast network .

some people might such additions a bit too fairytale-like, as opposed to the movies you mentioned, which focused more on actual fighting and high level politics as the main and only themes.

avatar has more than one theme imo.

but granted, not everyone will like the movie.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar Sucks! by onila(f): 5:45am On Jan 01, 2015
tpia2012:
if you're not into landscapes, you wont like avatar because much of the story revolves around different landscapes/ecosystems, they are interwoven with the theme.

some people might such additions a bit too fairytale-like, as opposed to the movies you mentioned, which focused more on actual fighting and high level politics as the main and only themes.

smiley
Re: Avatar Sucks! by rapmike(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
tpia2012:

Actually, as I said, its not terrible but the hyping killed it. If it was not hyped maybe people won't be that harsh.

By the way LOTR had great landscapes and structures; Saruman's Tower was one of such structures, also Minas Trith ( though that was impractical).
Re: Avatar Sucks! by tpia99: 3:51am On Jan 03, 2015
LOTR had great landscapes and structures

true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terrarium TV: Watch Movies & TV Shows / Best Rated Movies 2020 You Will Love To Watch / Mike Ezuruonye In 'Bless Me' Movie (1 & 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.