Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Avatar Sucks! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar Sucks! (5531 Views)

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Avatar, Insult Or Exaltation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar Sucks! by spikedcylinder: 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2010
The only thing that worked for Avatar (i.e made it gross so much $$) IMO is the marketing. The graphics were nice but not something I'd ordinarily appreciate as I'd suppose there'll be meaner CGIs in a couple of months.
The story for me was the worst part. Boy meets girl for 3 flipping hours?!?!?!
That is some major poo movie.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by bgees(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2010
I finally saw it. I think it is overrated. it was all about special effects and stunts , like it was a cartoon. the performance of the main stars was far from special. their acting was ordinary.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by ijawgirl: 4:04am On Feb 23, 2010
Yawn~Everything about the movie was good
I don't know why you don't like it
Avatar is best movie I have watched in a long time
Re: Avatar Sucks! by iice(f): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2010
bgees:

I finally saw it. I think it is overrated. it was all about special effects and stunts , like it was a cartoon. the performance of the main stars was far from special. their acting was ordinary.

There was nothing ordinary about Zoe's acting.

If only some other actors emulate her cool
Re: Avatar Sucks! by spikedcylinder: 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
Her acting was meh jor. tongue
Re: Avatar Sucks! by SamMilla1(m): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
I agree that the Story line is poor for such expensive movie.
Its Just an ordinary story about how humans want to destroy alien world.
I have seen such stories in a million movies. Stargate Commando series has a lot of them.
I guess the only thing outstanding about the movie is the Avatar used.
Avatar is a universal name anyway.
James Cameron just laid a big claim to the marketing of the name.
His luck i would say. Lets see how much they will gross from the movie.
But i love the movie. Its a different kind of movie. AVATAR!
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Kgdavid(m): 1:22am On Feb 24, 2010
what a pity i didnt search before posting cuz i just started a thread about this. the movie was nothing special to say the least. in terms of predictability, even nigerian films are better.i mean right from the begining,one could tell what would happen two boring hours later.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
yep it sucked in a billion plus -

y'all whiners are outvoted
Re: Avatar Sucks! by iice(f): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Her acting was meh jor. tongue

Was not angry grin

Thank goodness she's breaking the stereotype of the 'black actress' cheesy
Re: Avatar Sucks! by spikedcylinder: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
iice:

Was not angry grin

Thank goodness she's breaking the stereotype of the 'black actress' cheesy

Ok, maybe was not but I disliked the movie so much, it was difficult to pay attention to any outstanding acting. I did like her sudden, deep shouts when pained. Felt very genuine like she's a professional shouter or something.

Yea, she is NOT a stereotyped actress though she could have been if she continued along the paths of her Guess Who character.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by iice(f): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Ok, maybe was not but I disliked the movie so much, it was difficult to pay attention to any outstanding acting. I did like her sudden, deep shouts when pained. Felt very genuine like she's a professional shouter or something.

Yea, she is NOT a stereotyped actress though she could have been if she continued along the paths of her Guess Who character.

I go beat you oo grin grin
Me, i loved the movie jare. Wasn't so concerned with the story. . .though i liked that when it came to the human parts, i was eager for the na'vi's part. What made it more sweeter for me was it was kinda like being in water. The plants, the creatures, the humanoids. . .the flow of energy.

Totally forgot about that movie. . .yeessh. Terrible movie.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
oyb:

yep it sucked in a billion plus -

y'all whiners are outvoted

Tobacco Companies make Billions every year
Does that also mean its a good thing? undecided

The movie sucked.
the story line was over used, and
frankly it felt like someone poured paint in my eyes.
I kept having to cringe from the all the colors in the movie.

and bam right after the movie ends I have to run to the store and take aspirin
angry
Re: Avatar Sucks! by SamMilla1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
I believe this is a pure case of one-man's-poison cliche'.

I like the dfferences inside the movie. The Modern Machines and its designs.
The story is not superb but then I dont care about a super story with James Bond flying like a bird and killing everybody alone.
I was looking for a different thing and i saw it there.
All of us dont have to like it.
I remember someone saying somewhere here that "Lord Of The Rings" sucked.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2010
Sam Milla:

I remember someone saying somewhere here that "Lord Of The Rings" sucked.

that person fey craze- LOTR is one of the greatest of all time.
Everytime it comes on tv I dont mind watching. smiley
Re: Avatar Sucks! by denzel2009: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
platinumnk:

that person fey craze- LOTR is one of the greatest of all time.
Everytime it comes on tv I dont mind watching. smiley
Yeah thats life.I like Avatar but I slept through LOTR.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by ogagusps3: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
Who has seen the new movie "Percy Jackson and the lightening thief". That movie is by far the best film I've seen this year. Avatar is crap compared to it. GO SEE THE MOVIE!!! Nuf said.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^ looking forward to it. I've read the books.

heavy on ancient Greek mythology and rituals- also has some elements of ATR as well.

Its terribly hard decoding the books though. Really tough.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
"Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" was good. If you haven't seen it, please do so as soon as possible.
"Avatar" is also good but storyline is awkward.
"Valentine's Day" was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Avatar Sucks! by manmustwac(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
@post
do a poll ok. you will findout that you're the only person who dislikes avatar. trust me. wink
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
ogagusps3:

Who has seen the new movie "Percy Jackson and the lightening thief". That movie is by far the best film I've seen this year. Avatar is crap compared to it. GO SEE THE MOVIE!!! Nuf said.

I saw the movie on Monday.
I wasnt impressed.
The movie was too short

Why cant a movie be like LOTR or 300? With awesome storyline, that leaves almost nothing out, and awesome movie effects?
Now a days its either we get awesome movie effects with a poor storyline, or the latter.

Why can't it be both?
If i wanted awesome effects I would call someone to play GOD of WaR so I can watch undecided
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
platinumnk:

If i wanted awesome effects I would call someone to play GOD of WaR so I can watch undecided

God of War would be far better than Avatar if done into a movie and would sell more if directed by someone like Steven Spielberg.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
@babaearly
If ever a God of War movie is made and executed properly no matter the director involved, it will be better than "300".
Re: Avatar Sucks! by bgees(m): 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
In my opinion,Avatar sucked so much that I dont intend to see it again. who wants to see a cartoon of blue people flying from trees?

the special effects and visuals were ground breaking and that's is probably the reason it sold so much. but, personally I was not impressed .

but for script, acting and storyline, it was poor, piss-poor!! special effects alone cannot make a good movie.

LOTR is a 1000 miles better than Avatar.

I predict that soon , people will realize this. but it'll be too late, Speilberg has already been paid.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
Is it because Osuofia is not there?

funny shhitt grin grin
Re: Avatar Sucks! by platinumnk(f): 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
babaearly:

God of War would be far better than Avatar if done into a movie and would sell more if directed by someone like Steven Spielberg.

Yes the movie would be far better than Avatar but please dont say Spielburg.
Did you NOT hear my complaints?
You give it to him we would get a pretty movie with a crappy story line.  angry angry
Give it to Peter Jackson.
Have u seen District 9?

Peter Jackson and God of War. I would pay even 20 bucks to see that.

obinna5000:

@babaearly
If ever a God of War movie is made and executed properly no matter the director involved, it will be better than "300".

hmmm probably if they gave it a proper director who wont shy away from giving details in  movie.
Im tired of just aweing at effects! I want to be captivated in the movie AND wowed by effects!!

bgees:

In my opinion,Avatar sucked so much that I dont intend to see it again. who wants to see a cartoon of blue people flying from trees?

the special effects and visuals were ground breaking and that's is probably the reason it sold so much. but, personally I was not impressed .

but for script, acting and storyline, it was poor, piss-poor!! special effects alone cannot make a good movie.

LOTR is a 1000 miles better than Avatar.

I predict that soon , people will realize this. but it'll be too late, Speilberg has already been paid.

People are brainwashed by pretty "blue" people effects  tongue
LOTR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avatar

I cried in like all 3 LOTRs. I barely had any emotion in the Avatar.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by bgees(m): 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
platinumnk:

Give it to Peter Jackson.
Have u seen District 9?

Peter Jackson and God of War. I would pay even 20 bucks to see that.

Exactly, Peter Jackson will do a great job with God of War. Speilberg might make it look childish.

Re: Avatar Sucks! by Myself2(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2010
BIGTIME
Everything is so blue in the movie,you'd think the nutheads that made it were trying to redefine the term "blue film"  cool cool
Re: Avatar Sucks! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:07am On Feb 25, 2010
RIP OFF of Pocahontas but x20
the movie was okay, but the color was annoying. gave me a headache.
even the 3D was crap. over-hyped.
Re: Avatar Sucks! by obinna5000(m): 8:16am On Feb 25, 2010
And "Avatar" is still performing very well in the U.S. & U.K. Box Offices. undecided $691 million in the U.S. alone and $2.47 billion worldwide so far. undecided
Re: Avatar Sucks! by montelik(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2010
manmustwac:

@post
do a poll ok. you will findout that you're the only person who dislikes avatar. trust me. wink

Yes. I think we should take a poll and see. Personally, besides the 3-d effects it was undecided
Re: Avatar Sucks! by iice(f): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
Percy jackson na just there film. Nothing much to say on it.

Can't wait for clash of the titans. . .berra greek mythology cheesy Just praying the keep the spirit of the first one
Re: Avatar Sucks! by lexluthor2(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
for me i thinks avatar and 2012 were both fairly cool movies in terms of overall animatix and delivery.the only down side to avatar i think is the sterotype saviour of the day tingy and poor punch.if you took out the audio in the movie and had only visuals to descern what the hell was going on,you would br bored a bit with all the blue colours smashing against ur face.they din't have to leave the strong point of the story till the end.other than that i think its quite nice but would rather watch on hd @ home than pay a ssecond time to watch it.2012 was a better movie in terms of punch,dlivery,suspense and humour.please don't tell me you don't love this part. "quiet!!!;engine,start" and the bentley came alive.fantsatic;now that was thrilling.roland emerick got it right in 2012.so for all you avatar and 2012 haters,keeping watching osuofia and patience oh and keep ur imagination levels bleak.lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Rated Movies 2020 You Will Love To Watch / Terrarium TV: Watch Movies & TV Shows / Bad Movies, Who Is To Blame: Actors Or Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.