Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria (3118 Views)

"We Will Support Buhari If He Contests In 2019" - South-East Elders Council / Biafra: South-East Needs One More State - Orji Uzor Kalu / The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by IloveMoney: 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
By Eric Patrick,

A team of Igbo leaders under the aegis of Alaigbo Development Foundation and South-East Elders’ Forum have submitted a petition on the plight of Igbo people in Nigeria to the United States House of Representatives and the United Nations headquarters.

A member of the delegation, Dr Dozie Ikedife explained that the team spent some weeks in the US to ensure that the message was delivered to the recipients for necessary action.

Ikedife said “the two bodies made up of traditional rulers, religious leaders, academicians, technocrats and leaders of thought in many fields of human endeavour in Igbo land were concerned about the ethnic group, Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the world.”

The petition submitted by the Igbo leaders read, “We have suffered genocidal crimes committed against us by Nigerians, especially those of the Northern Nigeria, dating back to 1945.

“This climaxed in the pogrom of 1966/67. By the general agreement of the people of Eastern Nigeria, we decided to distance ourselves from the rest of Nigeria, based on many waves of unjustified killings.

“We, therefore, elected to be known as people of independent state of Biafra in 1967.

‘’Immediately after this, Nigeria with her allies, declared war on this young state of Biafra.

“Unprepared, unexpected, we were forced to defend ourselves for 30 months before we were overwhelmed by complete blockade, starvation, heavy indiscriminate bombing of churches, markets and other public places.

“We were forced to surrender to Nigeria’s allied forces on January 12, 1970, to save the rest of the Igbo population from complete eradication.

“Despite the window dressing declaration of ‘no victor, no vanquished and the policy of rehabilitation, reconstruction and reintegration, economic strangulation and systematic exclusion of the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria (Biafra) had followed since then.

“Unprovoked, unjustifiable sporadic killings of the Igbo had continued with instances of the Igbo massacre in Jos and the Kano genocide which culminated in the 1966 pogrom,” the petition said.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/biafra-south-east-elders-submit-petition-to-us-un-on-igbos-plight

https://www.naiji.ng/2149-biafra-south-east-elders-submit-petition-us-un-igbos-plight-nigeria.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Bunch of idiotus! No Wonder their Dilector Calls Them Pigs!

They Are Reporting One Sovereign State To Another ! Retards!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by azpekuliar: 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Come make I gee you Otapiapia make you drink... tongue

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Cinkq: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
Irrelevant group petitioning the united nation. If this is exactly the kind of petition they submited to the UN,then the paper it was written on must have been dumped into the UN waste bin. Nonsene petition in its purest form

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
azpekuliar:

Come make I gee you Otapiapia make you drink... tongue

Take It To Your Lord Kanu!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by azpekuliar: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Take It To Your Lord Kanu!

Should help end your nightmare soon enough smiley

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Presidiotbuhari: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Way to go my elders, lets push it at once while the momentum is high & get out of this islamic contraption............... Biafra loading, the first christian nation in the whole of Africa

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by cstr1000: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Arda1000(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

which kind mumu be this na, there is God 0!

17 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Arda1000(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

which kind mumu be this na, chia! there is God 0!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Trump doesn't even know where Nigeria is located how much more the Igbo nation.
All he knows is that the defense secretary informing him of sale of some archaic weapons to a country in Africa and Nigeria will use it to...... you know na.
It happened before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Presidiotbuhari: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
1 head slammer is here already to pour his frustration. Lol This night will b a very looong sleepless one for yuruba muslims. By the way, how's is life going @ ur idp camp at oshogbo?
NgeneUkwenu:

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Young03(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

E pain you oo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Cooly100: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Ignorant..Foola...When katakata burst...your sovereign state in crisis will be holding UN meetings in New York, Brussels and Rome...Then you little wa*f will no longer talk about which state is sovereign...It is commendable that the elders are making international contact for peaceful exit...I hope this will enlighten you as you need more exposure....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by kid23(m): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
You can never defeat an ideology.

In d end. We always win

Keep on keeping on

CHUKWUOKIKEABIAMA GOZIE ALA OWUWA ANYANWU

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Presidiotbuhari: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
This is the igbo wanna bee that people lik chino, abaworo & co fraternizes with. can any igbo on this board still consider this thing as a true igbo person?
Yyeske:
Trump doesn't even know where Nigeria is located how much more the Igbo nation.
All he knows is that the defense secretary informing him of sale of some archaic weapons to a country in Africa and Nigeria will use it to...... you know na.
It happened before

10 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
though I'm Igbo

I still believe 90% of our problem are within us ...don't we receive allocation
...fine sea port are in the west yes but we can build dry port in the south east so we don't give Lagos the port revenue
...jigawa built and airport I don't see any reason south east states can't build airport

Politics

Even if all the political appointment are from a region it doesn't guarantee development

We need to put senators who can loby and who are smart ...north has power because you allow them control the medle belt ( who are obviously oprressed but have no option than to go with north )

When the south east development commission bill was read only 18 of our reps where present out of 44 and we ended up blaming the north instead of look for those fools who missed the vote and make sure they never get back

Honestly as a tribe we are lucky to even get a zone with 5 states as there are over five states bigger than all our 5 states together

We need to stop complaining and start working

Buying( importing ) and selling has never improved any country and government will never support us (ibeto importer and dangote produce is. Clear example )

We need to produce what we sale in the south east (if we must import through Lagos let us put a dry port in the south east to clear the goods )
We already control the markets and the banks ( so endless control or markets share and capital )

Nigeria is our to conquer ,from here project our selfs to Africa and the world

I don't see the need to complain

Let's look inward and solve the problem within first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Theleutenant: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
mrvitalis:
though I'm Igbo

...fine sea port are in the west yes but we can build dry port in the south east so we don't give Lagos the port revenue
...jigawa built and airport I don't see any reason south east states can't build airport

Politics

Even if all the political appointment are from a region it doesn't guarantee development

We need to put senators who can loby and who are smart ...north has power because you allow them control the medle belt ( who are obviously oprressed but have no option than to go with north )

When the south east development commission bill was read only 18 of our reps where present out of 44 and we ended up blaming the north instead of look for those fools who missed the vote and make sure they never get back

Honestly as a tribe we are lucky to even get a zone with 5 states as there are over five states bigger than all our 5 states together

Buying( importing ) and selling has never improved any country and government will never support us (ibeto importer and dangote produce is. Clear example )

We need to produce what we sale in the south east (if we must import through Lagos let us put a dry port in the south east to clear the goods )
We already control the markets and the banks ( so endless control or markets share and capital )

. Vitalis,do you really have to tell the forumite that you are Igbo before you air ur view?

so much for being igbo

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Theleutenant: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
Cinkq:
Irrelevant group petitioning the united nation. If this is exactly the kind of petition they submited to the UN,then the paper it was written on must have been dumped into the UN waste bin. Nonsene petition in its purest form
. yorubastard,ur ewedu ati amala smelling mouth can be felt miles away

ezi dika gi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Balkan(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Presidiotbuhari: 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Off cause, u are igbo, just lik buhari, fashola, sanusi , tunubu, elrufai, even aisha buhari is Igbo.......smh.
mrvitalis:
though I'm Igbo

Politics

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by chairman010: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

but Chief, must you insult people to air your opinion?

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by hammerT: 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Ur head need reset for abusing people dat dont know u exist.

Y are u cursing dem, wat did dey do to u?

SE representative are only acting tin the interest of their people.

So respect urself.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
mrvitalis:
though I'm Igbo

Politics

thanks for your submission,they are noted,all this we would implement as soon as we get our own nation......thanks once more...life is too short to be wasted on a failed country....

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Theleutenant:
. Vitalis,do you really have to tell the forumite that you are Igbo before you air ur view?

so much for being igbo

That's all you could see in the post ?
Re: Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria by Cinkq: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
I don't like replying people here but i'll just advice you to go through the article again with a neutral mind,if it makes sense to you then i cannot help your case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Betrayed And The Betrayer: Case Of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe And Obafemi Awolowo / 2023 Enugu Guber: Justice, Equity Shall Prevail, Says Ugwuanyi / Tinubu Is Something Else Hear His Reply To Bode George �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.