Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27879 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
eya
1 cor 11:29
For those who eat and drink without discerning the
body of Christ eat and drink judgment on
themselves.
John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
Luke. 22:19
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and
gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for
you; do this in remembrance of me."
it is a pity you refuse to agree with the word of God
simply because you adopted traditions of men made
up by John Calvin in the 16 th century
see what God says about people like you
mat 15:8
… 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly
about
you: 8 ‘These people honor Me with their lips, but
their hearts are far from Me. 9 They worship Me in
vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’”

hey uben you are reduced to posting the same thing over again
you are such a false accuser like your god smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
johnw74:

i will tell you where you lie,
you keep me very busy with that,
don't you uben

you sure do post a lot of useless garbage uben cheesy
when did these your Christians compiled
their own new testament?

or you just went blank? uh?

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
johnw74:

hey uben you are reduced to posting the same thing over again you are such a false accuser like your god smiley
and you are an unbeliever in scriptures

John 6:55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Luke. 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." it is a pity you refuse to agree with the word of God simply because you adopted traditions of men made up by John Calvin in the 16 th century see what God says about people like you mat 15:8 … 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you: 8 ‘These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. 9 They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:07am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
when did these your Christians compiled
their own new testament?

or you just went blank?

ha ha like i said you are reduced to just repeating yourself over and over again,

confirming what i say, thank you
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:08am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
and you are an unbeliever in scriptures

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
it is a pity you refuse to agree with the word of God
simply because you adopted traditions of men made
up by John Calvin in the 16 th century
see what God says about people like you
mat 15:8
… 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly
about
you: 8 ‘These people honor Me with their lips, but
their hearts are far from Me. 9 They worship Me in
vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.

once again uben, i'm not a teacher of satans church,
you believe that Jesus gave the apostles His real flesh to eat and his real blood to drink,
which shows your intelligence, i mean lack of it

and because you cannot understand the figurative meaning to what Jesus said
you falsely accuse
but that's satans church for you smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:24am On Oct 23, 2017
hey coward puncher uben where are you,
you punch and run away

come back now you hear
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:25am On Oct 23, 2017
for those other than rcc who are reading here

Joh 6:55  For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 

John 6:53-55
In these verses Jesus repeats what he had in substance said before.
Except ye eat the flesh ... - He did not mean that this should be understood literally, for it was never done, and it is absurd to suppose that it was intended to be so understood. Nothing can possibly be more absurd than to suppose that when he instituted the Supper, and gave the bread and wine to his disciples, they literally ate his flesh and drank his blood. Who can believe this? There he stood, a living man - his body yet alive, his blood flowing in his veins; and how can it be believed that this body was eaten and this blood drunk? Yet this absurdity must be held by those who hold that the bread and wine at the communion are “changed into the body, blood, and divinity of our Lord.” So it is taught in the decrees of the Council of Trent; and to such absurdities are men driven when they depart from the simple meaning of the Scriptures and from common sense. It may be added that if the bread and wine used in the Lord’s Supper were not changed into his literal body and blood when it was first instituted, they have never been since.
The Lord Jesus would institute it just as he meant it should be observed, and there is nothing now in that ordinance which there was not when the Saviour first appointed it. His body was offered on the cross, and was raised up from the dead and received into heaven. Besides, there is no evidence that he had any reference in this passage to the Lord’s Supper. That was not yet instituted, and in that there was no literal eating of his flesh and drinking of his blood. The plain meaning of the passage is, that by his bloody death - his body and his blood offered in sacrifice for sin - he would procure pardon and life for man; that they who partook of that, or had an interest in that, should obtain eternal life. He uses the figure of eating and drinking because that was the subject of discourse; because the Jews prided themselves much on the fact that their fathers had eaten manna; and because, as he had said that he was the bread of life, it was natural and easy, especially in the language which he used, to carry out the figure, and say that bread must be eaten in order to be of any avail in supporting and saving men. To eat and to drink, among the Jews, was also expressive of sharing in or partaking of the privileges of friendship. The happiness of heaven and all spiritual blessings are often represented under this image, Mat_8:11; Mat_26:29; Luk_14:15, etc.

Joh_6:55

Is meat indeed - Is truly food. My doctrine is truly that which will give life to the soul.

Albert Barnes
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:44am On Oct 23, 2017

uben you believe Jesus gave His literal flesh to the apostles to eat ^^^
then you must believe that God is a literal rock vvv

2Sa_22:32  For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

cheesy
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:46am On Oct 23, 2017
uben, more lies of yours and satans church exposed:

THE MASS

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that the Mass is the unbloody sacrifice of the body and blood of Jesus Christ. It also teaches that the Mass is the same sacrifice as that of the Cross. Both are against God's teaching.
Hebrews 7:27. He died once for all.
Hebrews 9:11-15. He entered once for all.
Hebrews 9:26. Once for all.
Hebrews 9:28. Christ offered once.
Hebrews 10:10. Once for all.
Hebrews 10:11,12. One sacrifice for sins.
Hebrews 10:14. For by one offering.
Hebrews 10:15-20. There is no longer offering for sin.

If Christ is offered again by Roman Catholic priests as they claim, then the above Scriptures are not true. There are more than 100,000 Masses said all over the world every day. Jesus suffers the terrible agony of Calvary at least 100,000 times every twenty-four hours instead of "once for all" as the Scriptures teach. We must believe the Scriptures. If we truly love the Lord Jesus Christ and seek to follow His Word, we will have no regard for the teaching that the bread and wine are "changed" into the body and blood of Christ and then presented to God as a sacrifice by which God is appeased and atonement o sin is made. When Jesus said, "This is my body" or "blood", He did not "change" the substance, but was explaining that He is the one "represented" by the Passover bread and wine. Jesus did not say touto gignetai, this has become or is turned into, but touto esti, which can only mean this represents or stands for. Just as the Passover was a remembrance, so is Communion of the Lord's Supper a remembrance until He comes. The Roman Church, in advocating the doctrine of transubstantiation, departs from the literal sense of Scripture. May we be able to say with the Apostle Paul: "We at least, are not, as many others, adulterating the
Word of God." (II Corinthians 2:17)
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

@bold, ha ha that's what i told you uben, you changed the words a little,
now go back to the copy and paste post and see how rcc say one thing at one time
and then another thing at another time
you don't have Christ as your rock that is why your confusion
no dear as usual your copy and paste is deceiving you... sorry

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

truly i never lied but accuse away false accuser

truly i don't care about that at all, you find it hard to accept the truth uben
oga,

believer in end time heresy, oya show me your so-called true Church in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th century,

of course you have to agree your end time Church is an invention of 16th century men

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

i will tell you where you lie, you keep me very busy with that, don't you
you sure do post a lot of useless garbage uben cheesy
oya tell me when these your Christians compiled their own new testament?

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

ha ha, tell me what you know about baptism
it must be something fantastic

we have your thoughts about catholic baptism so we definitely need to hear what your view of BAPTISM is? it is of great importance you do that

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:

oya tell me when these your Christians compiled
their own new testament?

This guy no be christian, he is just someone who has the bible in his collection of books.
if you read what he posts from those hate web site, it negates the total fundamentals of the christian faith (catholics and protestants)

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

once again uben, i'm not a teacher of satans church,
you believe that Jesus gave the apostles His real flesh to eat and his real blood to drink,
which shows your intelligence, i mean lack of it

and because you cannot understand the figurative meaning to what Jesus said
you falsely accuse
but that's satans church for you smiley

John 6:55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real
drink. Luke. 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and
broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body
given for you; do this in remembrance of me." it is a
pity you refuse to agree with the word of God simply
because you adopted traditions of men made up by
John Calvin in the 16 th century see what God says
about people like you mat 15:8 … 7 You hypocrites!
Isaiah prophesied correctly about you: 8 ‘These people
honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from
Me. 9 They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine
the precepts of men.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

we have your thoughts about catholic baptism so we definitely need to hear what your view of BAPTISM is? it is of great importance you do that

bb, there is no point teaching you - satans church anything, you don't believe God's word
that i have posted condemming your fake doctrines
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

This guy no be christian, he is just someone who has the bible in his collection of books.
if you read what he posts from those hate web site, it negates the total fundamentals of the christian faith (catholics and protestants)

bb, i already know you rc's cannot stop lying
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

bb, there is no point teaching you - satans church anything, you don't believe God's word
that i have posted condemming your fake doctrines

o is this your idea of evangelism, condemning people. I DEFINITELY NEED TO KNOW YOUR VIEW OF BAPTISM.
THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT YOU BUGGING ME.
WE HAVE SEEN THOSE VIEWS FROM YOUR HATE WEBSITE....LETS HEAR FROM YOUR MOUTH YOUR CHRISTAIN BELIEFS.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

bb, i already know you rc's cannot stop lying

THEN LET US HEAR OUT YOUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS, WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YO TO DO.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:12am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:

John 6:55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real
drink. Luke. 22:19 And he took bread, gave thanks and
broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body
given for you; do this in remembrance of me." it is a
pity you refuse to agree with the word of God simply
because you adopted traditions of men made up by
John Calvin in the 16 th century see what God says
about people like you mat 15:8 … 7 You hypocrites!
Isaiah prophesied correctly about you: 8 ‘These people
honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from
Me. 9 They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine
the precepts of men.

ha ha uben, you don't know the difference between figurative and literal
you think when Jesus gave the apostles bread and wine that He actually gave them His actual body and blood to eat and drink cheesy
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

o is this your idea of evangelism, condemning people. I DEFINITELY NEED TO KNOW YOUR VIEW OF BAPTISM.
WE HAVE SEEN THOSE VIEWS FROM YOUR HATE WEBSITE....LETS HEAR FROM YOUR MOUTH YOUR CHRISTAIN BELIEFS.

duh, i don't evangelise satans church, i show it up for what it is, and most all knowwhat it is excdept you rc's, the blinded

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

you call sites that us the bible to support what they say, hate sites cheesy
of course a devils disciple would
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

duh, it's not hard at all, but i'm not posting to satans church to do that,
i'm posting to show up your lies, and that keeps me quite busy, i can't keep up with them all smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

duh, i don't evangelise satans church, i show it up for what it is, and most all knowwhat it is excdept you rc's, the blinded

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

you call sites that us the bible to support what they say, hate sites cheesy
of course a devils disciple would

i am not talking about others view. I WANT TO HEAR YOUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS. keyword "YOURS".
why is it so hard for you to do that?

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

i'm posting to show up your lies, and that keeps me quite busy, i can't keep up with them smiley

The so called lies , do you even read them at all ?
Please read them.
Most of them negate the entirety of the Christian faith both catholic and protestants.
which is why i asked, WHAT ARE YOUR CHRISTAIN BELIEFS OR IS IT A WEB SITE THAT MAKES YOUR CHRISTIAN BELEIFS

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

i am not talking about others view. I WANT TO HEAR YOUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS. keyword "YOURS".

johnw74:

i'm posting to show up your lies, and that keeps me quite busy, i can't keep up with them all smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:30am On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

Please read them.
Most of them negate the entirety of the Christian faith both catholic and protestants.
which is why i asked, WHAT ARE YOUR CHRISTAIN BELIEFS OR IS IT A WEB SITE THAT MAKES YOUR CHRISTIAN BELEIFS

ha ha, continued garbage
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

ha ha, continued garbage

WHAT ARE YOUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS?

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:

blackbriar:

blackbriar:

blackbriar:

blackbriar:

Please read them.

blackbriar:

WHAT ARE YOUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS?

ha ha, you rc's have that same duh spirit of the devil,
would it be okay to say: "mental as anything" smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

it is simple...what are your Christian beliefs?

ha ha, you rc's have that same duh spirit of the devil,
would it be okay to say: "mental as anything" smiley

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
blackbriar:
it is simple...what are your Christian beliefs?

hey mental as anything, add that to all your others of the same thing

Ecc 5:3  For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
bb, more lies of yours and satans church exposed:

CONFESSION OR THE SACRAMENT OF PENANCE

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that her priests exercise the power of forgiving sins by hearing confession of sins and granting pardon for them as ministers of God and in His name.

This teaching is not from the Bible.
I Esdras 10:11. Now make confession to the Lord the God of your fathers.
Mark 2:7. Who can forgive sins, but only God.
Acts 4:12. Neither is there salvation in any other.
Acts 8:12. Repent...and pray to God. (Peter did not hear his confession and forgive him, but said, "pray to God".)
I John 1:7. The Blood of Jesus Christ...cleanses us from all sin.
I John 1:9. If we acknowledge our sins. (To God, not to a priest - automatic confession and absolution.)
I John 2:1. If anyone sins we have an advocate (Jesus) with the Father.

Throughout the Bible remission of sin and salvation are connected with faith in Christ, nowhere with priestly absolution. In order to support her tribunal upon earth, the Roman Catholic Church mis-interprets Matthew 16:19, "I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven". Also Matthew 18:18, "Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound also in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven". And John 20:23, "Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained". First of all, the "keys of the kingdom" refers to the authority to proclaim the terms of salvation in Christ. This is the privilege and duty of all Christian believers. The authority to bind and loose is first and foremost the commission to proclaim the gospel which liberates those who believe it, and consigns to bondage those who reject it. The Roman Catholic Church misinterprets this text in order to support the practice of confessing sins to a priest. The Biblical context clearly indicates, however, that the words of Matthew 16:19, 18:18, and John 20:23 were not only spoken to the apostles but also to those believers who were with them. Christian ministers are to preach repentance, but nothing is said about hearing confession and the granting of absolution (forgiveness of sins).
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
johnw74:

hey mental as anything, add that to all your others of the same thing

Ecc 5:3  For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words

Keep encouraging yourself with such quotes.
you that go to hate web sites to get your notorious ideas , have you questioned your mental state or are you just scared to publicly declare your faith.
remember what the good lord said about those who deny him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Trending Video Of A Catholic Priest's One Leg Dance / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 / 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.