Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,013 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu (664 Views)

Presidential Election Tribunal: History In The Making As We Await Judgement / PHOTO NEWS: Presidency Await The Arrival Of Buhari / The Yoruba's Have Spoken We Await The Igbo's To Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu by OGBENIIFE: 12:52am On Aug 25, 2017
Here is the details of an open letter written to Arakunrin 'Rotimi Akeredolu, the Governor of Ondo State, by a concerned Citizen:

HIS EXCELLENCY,
ARAKUNRIN ‘ROTIMI ODUNAYO AKEREDOLU, (SAN)
THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ONDO STATE,
GOVERNOR’S OFFICE,
ALAGBAKA, AKURE,
ONDO STATE.
Arakunrin,
SHALL WE AWAIT THE COMING OF ANOTHER MESSIAH?

According to sages, the best time to tie a palm-frond is in the morning, for it easily withers at the appearance of the sun. I say this, Arakunrin, because a lot would rather point out the fact that seven months is not enough to measure or determine the path (and the eventual direction) that a government would be steered.

However, for some of us who are critical observers, we could point out the direction to which a government is facing by a rare gift which can be best referred to as intuition. For, to the best of my knowledge, my father predicted the end of Mimiko’s administration barely seven (7) months into his tenure, shortly after the former Governor froze the central account for very flimsy reasons. Arakunrin, the rest is now history.

You should bear in mind Arakunrin, the fact that even though your administration is barely seven (7) months old, just seven months, yet, the civil servants are already groaning right under your nose and may be set for a showdown with you, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
That the treasury was almost blank when you assumed power is quite understandable, and the fact that this Country is in a serious economic situation is yet understandable, but what you make of these situations in the end, in terms of prompt payment of workers’ salaries, provision of basic infrastructures and the management of the scarce resources in such a way that you can be vindicated by posterity stands to be your priority, Arakunrin. Needless to say that in Nigeria we care so much about results such that we take no cognizance of the circumstances surrounding the process.

Should I look at the consequences that may follow the writing of this letter, I may exercise restraint, but to say that I am not one of those many youths that have turned the Governor’s office to a shelter like asylum seekers, all in expectation of political appointments, gives me the confidence with which I am writing this letter to you.

Again Arakunrin, the fact that prior to the election that ushered you into government, some of us were blacklisted and crucified in your name, for your sake and that of your political party, gives me the more effrontery to write this letter to you.

Let me reiterate and reemphasize Arakunrin, the fact that we voted for you not because you are better than the others, but because we had to remove Governor Mimiko and his vestiges from the reins of affairs in Ondo State. And so, some of us even defied calls from our motherland and the accompanying agendas all in a bid to ensure that the ‘right’ people get into position.

Pertinent to say that although I currently reside outside the State, reports reaching me from Ondo State is not in any way encouraging.
Permit me to draw your attention to the fact that the very first error made by President Buhari was the appointment of some individuals based only on political considerations and not merit. In your case sir, it is such that there is for instance the case of nepotism levelled against you in respect of some appointments that you have made so far. This is none of my concern, but for the fact that some of these individuals lack credibility. Some of these people are for instance, offshoots of previous administrations that have plunged this state into the current situation. Arakunrin, nothing can be used to justify the appointment of a Madueke into the ministerial cabinet of the supposed anti-corruption Government of President Muhammadu Buhari. Such is the case in some of the appointments that you made.

It is time, Arakunrin to ignore lamentations and the euphoria that came with your assumption and set out to work in order to deliver the State from the shackles of abject poverty caused by some of your predecessors.

Conclusively, I want to strongly advise that at the end, you should endeavor to let your achievements justify the income accrued to the state in such a way that posterity would justify you.

Like John (the Baptist) asked of Jesus in those days, I may be compelled to again pose the same to you thus; Are you the one who is to come, or should we keep on expecting the coming of another Messiah?

Accept my kind regards.
Yours Sincerely,

ORIMOLOYE IFEOLUWA.

Re: Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu by Zeze06(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
cry
Re: Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu by shaddoww: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2017
Someone dat didn't show up at a debate, someone dat paid people between 5k to 10k to win d election, u better no expect miracle oooo. He has to repay those dat sponsored him
Re: Shall We Await The Coming Of Another Messiah?-an Open Letter To Gov. Akeredolu by Oluwawapelumi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
We are getting there small small

(1) (Reply)

Why East Will Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Igbos Elders Forum Chairman / Over 50 Fishermen Were Killed By Military In Baga, Not Boko Haram / I Won’t Rest Until Nigeria Prospers, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.