Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,990 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets (31225 Views)

Buhari, 3 Governors, 7 Ministers To Visit South Africa / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2017
comshots:
In the pages of newspapers?

You are unbelievable
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2017
[s]
bonechamberlain:
for ignorant irrational folks to masturbate on any corruption news, diezeani must be added. seems some people get orgasm hearing her name . nonsense angry
[/s]

^^^Listen to this bot who is programmed to work against his own interest.
Does Diezeani even known about your existence? angry

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:
I will take NIgerians serious when they start naming everyone involved, why say a former Governor without calling his name and if you dont want us to know his name well, keep the news secret until all investigation is done.

Difficult times calls for different rules of engagement - this is why you have Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams as distinct policing divisions in most countries.

Are you aware that Nigeria is still trying to recover Abacha's ill-gotten wealth till this very day, because it is firewalled behind an intricate web of financial jurisdictions and legalese? Would it not be better to recover some loot now under some kind of agreement with the acclaimed thief, than to spend the next 40 years propping countries like the UAE and Dominica Republic, while the masses in Nigeria make do with a life of penury?

Nigeria may lose another $550m ‘Abacha loot’ to US – Sagay

January 12, 2017

...“Nigeria presently stands to lose another $550m recovered from the Abacha family to the US, contrary to the earlier promise by the U.S. to return same to Nigeria,” he said.

Sagay said the amount represented a separate tranche from the earlier $480m forfeited to the US following a court judgment in August 2014.

He said that the stringent conditions for repatriation being given by the countries in which some of the nation’s stolen wealth was stashed contradicted the earlier promises made.

He expressed concern at the country’s challenges in the tracing, seizure, forfeiture and return of Nigeria’s assets laundered outside the country.

Saga explained that the challenges were due to stringent conditions and other uncooperative attitude of the countries in possession of the stolen funds.

He said, “Out of the Abacha loot for instance, Switzerland seized over $505.5m between 2004 and 2006.

“The UK recovered $2.7m from Alamieyeseigha’s account in London in 2005. Alamieyeseigha’s home and other real estate as at 2005 was estimated at over $15m,’’ Sagay said.

Also speaking at the parley, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, called for the unconditional return of Nigeria’s looted fund.

Dabiri-Erewa, who said asset recovery was different from asset returning, decried the uncooperative attitude of the countries where the stolen funds were being stashed.

“America has over $400m that have been officially recovered as stolen funds from Nigeria. But America is keeping the funds, they are telling us about technicalities; they are saying we recovered doesn’t mean we can return.

“We want every Nigerian in Diaspora, friends of Nigeria, to join this committee in demanding that every Nigeria’s stolen fund recovered in any part of the world should be returned to Nigeria,” she said.

According to her, the person who steals is just as guilty as the person who keeps stolen funds.

She said, “The person who steals is a criminal; the person who keeps known stolen funds is also a criminal.

“You can’t give us aid of one billion dollars and keep one billion dollars of funds you have recovered from Nigeria.
Source: http://punchng.com/nigeria-may-lose-another-550m-abacha-loot-us-sagay

#ElevateYourThinking, it is 2017.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Awoo88: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2017
With all this story u expect efcc to drag that s woman to court. But no!!!! Anytime they want to give zombies something to masturbate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

Difficult times calls for different rules of engagement - this is why you have Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams as distinct policing divisions in most countries.

Are you aware that Nigeria is still trying to recover Abacha's ill-gotten wealth till this very day, because it is firewalled behind an intricate web of financial jurisdictions and legalese? Would it not be better to recover some loot now under some kind of agreement with the acclaimed thief, than to spend the next 40 years propping countries like the UAE and Dominica Republic, while the masses in Nigeria make do with a life of penury?

#ElevateYourThinking, it is 2017.

ok let me say this, how about the money in Nigeria let us forget the ones abroad, the ones in Nigeria what news have we got about them ones? is there also a web of financial jurisdiction and legalese fire-walling them?
Russians and Chinese had had their asset and Money frozen in London and swiz,are you trying to tell me the Nigerian thief is far more clued than these ones?
Abeg tell me another story plz.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

ok let me say this, how about the money in Nigeria let us forget the ones abroad, the ones in Nigeria what news have we got about them ones? is there also a web of financial jurisdiction and legalese fire-walling them?
Russians and Chinese had had their asset and Money frozen in London and swiz,are you trying to tell me the Nigerian thief is far more clued than these ones?
Abeg tell me another story plz.

You have clearly not been following current recovery efforts in Nigeria?
But even at that; there is plenty of resistance coming not only from sections of our corrupt judiciary and political establishment but also our restless youth, who have been programmed to work against their own interests. cry
Just read back over some of the comments on this thread (including yours) if in doubt.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2017
[s]
Awoo88:
With all this story u expect efcc to drag that s woman to court. But no!!!! Anytime they want to give zombies something to masturbate
[/s]

Defender of the corrupt, please tell me how the Nigerian government is suppose to arrest someone who is effectively on remand (for money laundering) in the UK?

Nigeria’s federal high court has charged the country’s former oil minister, who served under ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, with money laundering in connection with an alleged bribery scandal aimed to keep Jonathan in office.

The court found that Diezani Alison-Madueke, who ran the oil ministry from 2010-2015, and three officials in the country’s electoral commission “conspired among [themselves] to directly take possession” of more than 264 million naira (worth nearly $1.4 million at the time), according to a statement from Nigeria’s anti-corruption agency published Wednesday.

Source:http://www.newsweek.com/diezani-alison-madueke-goodluck-jonathan-nigeria-corruption-579908
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AngelicBeing: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2017
madridguy:
I don't want to comment on this woman issue again because right now I feel like walking to the UK and drag the woman back home. tongue

Never again will the satanic party rule us.
Don't go far, she is here, Jonathan sucked her breast and gave her cancer, useless politicians that have rendered the country impoverish, where is my cane to flog these useless thieves angry

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

You have clearly not been following current recovery efforts in Nigeria?
But even at that; there is plenty of resistance coming not only from sections of our corrupt judiciary and political establishment but also our restless youth, who have been programmed to work against their own interests. cry
Just read back over some of the comments on this thread (including yours) if in doubt.

well it would have been nice if you have included statements of what you claim but nahhh always phrases and no back ups,This is why I like England, BACK YOUR STATEMENT WITH FACTS!
Name One person in Nigeria tried in a Nigerian Court of Law and sentenced for corruption in the past 2 years!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:
[s][/s]

Defender of the corrupt, please tell me how the Nigerian government is suppose to arrest someone who is effectively on remand (for money laundering) in the UK?

Source:http://www.newsweek.com/diezani-alison-madueke-goodluck-jonathan-nigeria-corruption-579908
Oga stop posting lubish, the woman is not in remand, she is as free as AIR to walk the streets of LONDON
This was her response
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/08/right-of-reply-i-never-stole-nigerias-money-diezani-allison-madueke/
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2017
[s]
erico2k2:

well it would have been nice if you have included statements of what you claim but nahhh always phrases and no back ups,This is why I like England, BACK YOUR STATEMENT WITH FACTS!
Name One person in Nigeria tried in a Nigerian Court of Law and sentenced for corruption in the past 2 years!
[/s]

^^^Knock yourself out.

Former Nigerian governor jailed for five years for corruption

MARCH 6, 2017

YOLA, Nigeria (Reuters) - A former Nigerian state governor was jailed for five years on Monday after being found guilty of corruption related to procurement of cars while in office, a judge said.

James Bala Ngilari - who was governor of northeastern Adamawa state for seven months until May 2015 - was convicted of awarding a contract for the procurement of 25 vehicles at a cost of 167 million naira ($548,891) without following due process.

Convictions of serving and past government officials remain rare in Nigeria, despite President Muhammadu Buhari making a crackdown on corruption a central plank of his government’s approach after taking office in May 2015.

“The only thing is to give you the minimum sentence of five years” Justice Nathan Musa said.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-corruption-idUSKBN16D1WM
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Oga stop posting lubish, the woman is not in remand, she is as free as AIR to walk the streets of LONDON
This was her response
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/08/right-of-reply-i-never-stole-nigerias-money-diezani-allison-madueke/

Is she now? grin grin grin
You are as deluded as they come.

P.S - I bet you don't even know what 'remand' means.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2017
frankihima:
because u are a thief that is why u always support people that loot this country.thief like u

Its well oo. Since you can't pass your message without insults..

Which of our politicians is not looting the country dry?

Grow up and argue with facts not insults
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2017
bkool7:

Pdp and Apc have similarities because 99% of Nig politicians are the same.
But you cant compare the looting under Gej to Buhari

How can you compare what you were told and what u diddnt hear.

The massive looting claimed, are they not relooted?
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

Is she now? grin grin grin
You are as deluded as they come.

P.S - I bet you don't even know what 'remand' means.
yes she is free,FYI I live in same city she lives in and seen her few times
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:
[s][/s]

^^^Knock yourself out.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-corruption-idUSKBN16D1WM
ahahah This guy that was SET FREE on 20th July? Guy plzzzz
https://www.naij.com/1116037-breaking-appeal-court-sets-adamawa-state-governor-bala-ngilari-free.html
now knock yourself out
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Primebuilders(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2017
how come some looters will have names while some will be FORMER GOV AND POLITICIANS. some names can be mention . some names cannot be mention. we can here of official of former oceanic bank , alison madueke, but other will be some 7 former norther governors. hmmm . yeye dey smell
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

yes she is free,FYI I live in same city she lives in and seen her few times

Who cares if you live on the street as her?
When you are remanded on bail, you are course free to wander about - till the day of reckoning cheesy
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by bonechamberlain(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:
[s][/s]

^^^Listen to this bot who is programmed to work against his own interest.
Does Diezeani even known about your existence? angry
u are the bot here, one needs to know u before they condemn evil about you. that's the mindset of irrational folks. don't think that way unless u may never find help.

what is the name of the seven ex governors and ex ministers, no name but we must put diezeani there for people who cannot think to smile foolishly.

the only person who is working against their interest is you, because u are showing ur gullibility by being happy about this charade.

my only interest is for the accused persons to be charged to court if found guilty jailed and the stolen wealth recovered. anything apart from that is not in my interest. all these media charade is for the interest of gullible folks.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

ahahah This guy that was SET FREE on 20th July? Guy plzzzz
https://www.naij.com/1116037-breaking-appeal-court-sets-adamawa-state-governor-bala-ngilari-free.html
now knock yourself out

Did I not mention our corrupt judiciary in one of my earlier comments? Think man! cry

You see, this is precisely why the EFCC must employ every instrumentation available to it - to recover stolen loot.
Going it about it in the manner most Nigerians are accustom to, is hardly likely to yield meaningful results.

#Think
P.S - Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few engage in it ~ Henry Ford grin
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2017
bonechamberlain:
u are the bot here, one needs to know u before they condemn evil about you. that's the mindset of irrational folks. don't think that way unless u may never find help.

what is the name of the seven ex governors and ex ministers, no name but we must put diezeani there for people who cannot think to smile foolishly.

the only person who is working against their interest is you, because u are showing ur gullibility by being happy about this charade.

my only interest is for the accused persons to be charged to court if found guilty jailed and the stolen wealth recovered. anything apart from that is not in my interest. all these media charade is for the interest of gullible folks.

I repeat - you are a bot!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

Who cares if you live on the street as her?
When you are remanded on bail, you are course free to wander about - till the day of reckoning cheesy
Plz read this again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3258061/Nigerias-former-oil-minister-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-arrested-London-sources.html

A police spokesman in London said he had no record of such an arrest. The National Crime Agency did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3258061/Nigerias-former-oil-minister-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-arrested-London-sources.html#ixzz4ql28ud7X
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by Siscooh: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2017
I support the move by the FG to get back what belongs to Nigeria from these fraudulent people but to balance things and allow God to act fairly on your behalf (Present leadership), don't forget the people of your party and circles who are also keeping the wealth of Nigeria. How about those who were empowered by your predecessors to loot God is fair, Period!!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by bonechamberlain(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

I repeat - you are a bot!
as expected, that's ur own cup of kunu.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by enemyofprogress: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2017
Stolen, recovered and restole again
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2017
AbelDjassi:

Did I not mention our corrupt judiciary in one of my earlier comments? Think man! cry

You see, this is precisely why the EFCC must employ every instrumentation available to it - to recover stolen loot.
Going it about it in the manner most Nigerians are accustom to, is hardly likely to yield meaningful results.

#Think
P.S - Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few engage in it ~ Henry Ford grin
Are we not now saying the same thing.No one is going to prison cos they all have stolen and fall short of the glory of Nigeria!
Why take him to court in the 1st place when its evident he is not going to JAIL? just to prove they are working
that nameless $$$ found in that house has gone to voice mail,this shyt going on in Nigeria is one of the reasons I returned to the Uk after two years.But I will be back and Im not depending on FG or any politics, just me and waht I can do.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=Primebuilders post=59808578]how come some looters will have names while some will be FORMER GOV AND POLITICIANS. some names can be mention . some names cannot be mention. we can here of official of former oceanic bank , alison madueke, but other will be some 7 former norther governors. hmmm . yeye dey smell[/quote
Some names are written with permanent markers some with Pencil grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by AbelDjassi: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Plz read this again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3258061/Nigerias-former-oil-minister-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-arrested-London-sources.html

A police spokesman in London said he had no record of such an arrest. The National Crime Agency did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3258061/Nigerias-former-oil-minister-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-arrested-London-sources.html#ixzz4ql28ud7X
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mr 'live in London' - you could not possibly know more about the workings of the British judiciary than I do.
The queen of bling will do a long stretch @HMP, there is no question about it. grin

1 Like

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by bkool7(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

How can you compare what you were told and what u diddnt hear.

The massive looting claimed, are they not relooted?

Hear yourself

Give me two...even one instance(s) were a recovered loot was declared missing again.

Lets be fatual
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets by ordainbuzz(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

Get this fact

PDP and APC are one.. 70% of the same folks at PDP are now APC.. Humans don't change bro.

SureP, NPower are both unsustainable schemes, u pay people for what? ITF could have massively teach people several trades and then we hope 30% put that into practice.

Drop politics and argue with facts, even if you're getting paid to stick with APC.
PDP and APC are failures. No politician since independence care abt the masses.

Waivers are still given to ApC importers, how much is fx for the pilgrims?

Sanusi said till date people are still buying fx at 199.

U kept shouting PDP, PDP, how much was oil price during obj, wasn't he PDP? It was under 30$, wasn't the economy better than it is currently? U have problem with gej not obj, so stop disguising and attacking PDP.

It seems you're paid to defend APC but believe me APC and PDP are same old bunch of idiots.

Fashola said vote out PDP and there will be light, today he's the minister of darkness and you're defending him, that he's trying... Are you for real? They were not voted in to try, they claim they can fix stuffs that's why they got elected.

Remember David West saying fuel will be 40naira and he ate his words recently?

Remember the feed the children, unemployment agenda they campaigned with? Abt 6million people have lost their jobs..

Judge people based on the yardstick they set, not based on ur earnings at BMC...

GEJ was an accidental president and he failed, but Buhari has failed already, else point me to one of his achievements.. Don't mention Book Haram, I'm at Gwoza at the moment.. Don't mention construction even the contractors at Lagos Ibadan expressway has quit.

Npower? You have no idea abt the scheme, for someone like you its abt eating a piece of the national cake.

I guess all you can say is they're trying or earning is low (EFCC has no idea how much they've recovered). Where is the little earning being utilized? Do u know the massive debt we've been pummeled into? Nope you won't, your eyes are blinded by the peanuts u earn to defend them
bros no mind that drunk zombie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Venue Of Ekiti APC Primary As Governor Almakura Inspects It (pics / Buhari Urges Army To Flush Out Bandits Following Killings In Sokoto & Plateau / Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.