Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. (1442 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / 65-year-old Man Trained His Kids Overseas Abandoned In Nigeria As Wife Travels / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by wwwkaycom(m): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2017
Jimmy is my friend from primary school, the first born among 4 boys. They lost their dad while we were in primary 5. Their mother had to really struggle to finance Jimmy's education to school cert. Jimmy later took up a job as a clerk with Ondo State government where he used his money to sponsor his brothers. The immediate younger brother of Jimmy, Rotimi eventually attended FUTA where he read Mechanical Engineering, Dele read Accountancy at Owo Poly and Biodun read Mathematics at Adekunle Ajasin University. All of them are gainfully employed today. Jimmy had to do part-time studies to get HND in Business Administration later. Today he's in level 10. The issue is that Jimmy now had to take care of their aged mother, and his own family of 4, himself, his wife and their 2 kids. He even had to marry late because of his responsibility to his kid brothers. These brothers aren't coming to his assistance at all even though they're working and doing well, doing big boys in SUVS around. They aren't even helping their old mum. I heard from my wife that Jimmy's children report cards are still in their school three weeks after end of session, I called him and he told me he hasn't completed their last term fees. He said he is still battling the effect of nonpayment of salaries by the immediate past government of Ondo State. His salary now is being shared by the bank he took housing loan from. He can't even complete the house since he had no access to another loan having not completed the last one he took. He said his brothers hasn't been responsive to his plight even though he told them. I told him I'll call Rotimi who works in an oil service company and drives a Prado each time I see him, he insisted that having told him of his predicament several times when salaries were not paid and he didn't do anything, there's no need calling him again. These guys are mean meen, they are irresponsible even to their old mum who now lives with Jimmy.
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by LordIsaac(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2017
"When you see water running uphill, it means someone is repaying a kindness." -Robert Greene

1 Like

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by kennybabs1980: 7:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Huh! Spirit of ungratefulness is everywhere this days o. People get one benefit from others but reciprocating is always a problem. My wife trained her younger brother too, today he isn't looking back to assist any member of their family even though he now has a good job. My wife still has to use her salary to take care of the younger ones even though her brother which she trained now earns big and drives good cars around. Jimmy should forget them, thank God the new government in Ondo State is paying salaries, he should pray things improve so that very soon he'll pay back his debts and face his life. These young guys are not thinking the way some of us think o.

2 Likes

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Amajerry83(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2017
Give us Rotimi and Dele's phone numbers now. They need serious beating.

1 Like

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by kennybabs1980: 7:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Amajerry83:
Give us Rotimi and Dele's phone numbers now. They need serious beating.
That's if they pick your call na, my wife's younger brother have even blacklisted our numbers.

2 Likes

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by amuokuko: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2017
I don't blive brothers could be this wicked except u re not telling us something.

Well, if wat u ve said is 90% truth, then don't fret, the future holds bumper package for you, ensure u don't soil ur hand.

As for ur brothers, karma smiles on them afterall they will get old one day...
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Young03(m): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Worry not yourself

I believe u can live without them
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2017
When u give expect nothing so you can be happy

High expectations from humans will kill your morale.
Keep moving forward

Such is life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by DaniDani(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2017
amuokuko:
I don't blive brothers could be this wicked except u re not telling us something.

Well, if wat u ve said is 90% truth, then don't fret, the future holds bumper package for you, ensure u don't soil ur hand.

As for ur brothers, karma smiles on them afterall they will get old one day...

Then you are not in this planet earth or better still, you are not in Africa talk less of Nigeria. Pray your siblings and relatives don't become villain, you will know how far.

2 Likes

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by LordKO(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2017
@OP

I'm just curious to know, do you guy's gain anything meaningful from recreating, modifying and recycling this kind of age long fairytale?

The only thing you changed in your version of the fairytale is the name of the victim and the fact that you're not the direct victim but his friend. Kindly find something productive to do with your time. Time is money.

This fairytale has been posted many times on this forum in particular and many other mass medias in general, for more than 7 years and still counting.
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by amuokuko: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
DaniDani:

Then you are not in this planet earth or better still, you are not in Africa talk less of Nigeria. Pray your siblings and relatives don't become villain, you will know how far.

Then if it happens in ur family, I can bet my axx, the parents can't be exempted of not having a hand due to the upbringing....

I love my brothers to the moon...
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Acidosis(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Are you sure he trained his brothers? Almost everyone at one point is always claiming to have trained one relative or sibling.

Anyway, whether he trained them or not, it is disrespectful to treat one's brother and mother in that manner.

1 Like

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by dominique(f): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Though I don't support the average Nigerian entitlement mentality, it's very unfair of a person to ignore his struggling sibblings if he's better off except there's more to the story. You can still your bit and speak with the buoyant brothers and find out why they don't want to assist, if possible appeal to their conscience. Some people listen to outsiders more than relatives.
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hard to believe all 3 of them are being wicked and nonchalant towards their brother who put his own life on hold to look after them. Something else must be going on.
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 27, 2017
The same way my aunty will say she trained this and that and everyone is running away from her... Oh bunch of ingrates
My aunty is very nice when it comes to giving but know that after collecting from her you have sold your birthright
She will so control everything about you that all you need to do to live in peace is run ....

There is always 2 sides to a story

1 Like

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by munas: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
Lomantics:
The same way my aunty will say she trained this and that and everyone is running away from her... Oh bunch of ingrates
My aunty is very nice when it comes to giving but know that after collecting from her you have sold your birthright
She will so control everything about you that all you need to do to live in peace is run ....

There is always 2 sides to a story

Did it stop the fact that she trained you? She is your benefactor for crying out loud.
So if your dad is controlling and equally trained you,will you run away from your dad? will you not assist him when he is in need?

Its develish to give such an excuse

2 Likes

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
munas:

Did it stop the fact that she trained you? She is your benefactor for crying out loud.
So if your dad is controlling and equally trained you,will you run away from your dad? will you not assist him when he is in need?

Its develish to give such an excuse

Did i tell you my aunty trained me or did my post say that?
Go ahead and train your full community and demand for their peace from them and tell me that is not devilish

Decide who they get married to, how they bring their children up and insult and ruin curses on their spouses and you expect them to remain loyal if that is not madness...

I assist who i can in need not cos they helped me but cos i have the resources

Listen and take note, i love my dad to high heavens but if he demands my peace i will run away from him, i have my children i am training and come to think of it, i am not training them to get control over their adult life, my aim of training them is to make them responsible and independent adults.

1 Like

Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
baddestchic:
When u give expect nothing so you can be happy

High expectations from humans will kill your morale.Keep moving forward

Such is life
Mademoiselle,your point is noted but I don't think the said Jimmy helped his brothers with expectation of a payback. This isn't even about his brothers helping him back or giving him money. Why aren't they assisting their mum? At least that would take off some pressure off Jimmy.
As a woman, I bet you wouldn't be too cool with it if your kids go rogue on you when you're aged.
Last last @thr bolded, they're not just humans , they're blood, they're family. Its not like my sibs contributed a dime to my education but I'd be damned if I can afford 3sq meals and they can't afford two.
Re: He Trained His Brothers But They Aren't Helping Him Now. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Mademoiselle,your point is noted but I don't think the said Jimmy helped his brothers with expectation of a payback. This isn't even about his brothers helping him back or giving him money. Why aren't they assisting their mum? At least that would take off some pressure off Jimmy.
As a woman, I bet you wouldn't be too cool with it if your kids go rogue on you when you're aged.
Last last @thr bolded, they're not just humans , they're blood, they're family. Its not like my sibs contributed a dime to my education but I'd be damned if I can afford 3sq meals and they can't afford two.

Dont be so hard when you make conclusions because we have heard just one side of the story

My elder sis practically trained me with her hard earned money and I would try my best not to ever let her down so what could have gone wrong?

Dont just judge....In life when we judge without listening to both sides we end up even making a bigger mess

(1) (Reply)

My Next Flat Neighbo Always Maltreating Her House Help / What Would Be Your Action If Your Wife Did This To Your Car / 21 Year Old Man Marries His 18 Year Old Girl, Mr Ibu React (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.