Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (58655 Views)

"Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono / Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
folakemigeh:
The fees are outrageously expensive, though i must admit it will be quality education..

I dont want many kids so that i can take very good care of the ones i have, so help me GOD, Amen
hello how are you
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
to me it is not the money that baffles me but the fact that education in Nigeria is nothing to write home about the fact that u will be taught by mediocre lecturers just to get a certificate... to the nation invest your money in something that will yield profit why not apply for a course like education or arts then get the degree from a federal university that won't charge more than 40k a session rather than dash private universities half a million for what for cardboard with printed name and garde in one the most unknown university worldwide...
things the tuition will get me
a good laptop
a good viewing centre
a popcorn business
buying/selling fairly used clothes
and a university degree from a federal university

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by paxefe: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
drealzum:
To me it's ok to pay close to a million to study Medicine,Law,Architecture and all those professional courses.
But you pay 857k to study biology and then you finish to come and compete for job with some one who payed 45k a year in uni jos. it's not fair! Not as if you know something that he doesn't, and not as if you are more guaranteed of job than he is........We will all head to same labour market, compete for same jobs, bid for same contracts, suffer from same governments terrible policies.
Some people won't even end up practising what they studied.......ahhh........Painful o.
I agree with you totally.
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by SOFTENGR: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
No medicine and surgery, no dentistry, no medlab.

What are they offering then?
A school where they dont offer medical courses, that one na school?
Abeg I'm on my way to ABU.
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
gabe:
Where does CU get its lecturers? Do they follow another curriculum apart from NUC's? Same profs at public unis are the visiting profs at private unis. Do they teach rubbish in public schools and excellently in private schools? Govt also pay lecturers better than private unis, though i agree commitment to work is higher as the private schools insist on getting value for money. Private schools also buy more facilities because HODs and VCs in public schools embezzle such funds. As per ur experience, a doctor friend at abuja told us how disappointed she was in a doctor doing her house job who graduated from igbinedion uni. She had to teach her so many basic things. Difference is just in d extra amenities and facilities jor.
There are over 200 CU Alumni working in Covenant, the Current registrar, Dr. Oludayo is a three star CU grad sef. You ppl don't realise these private universities are noe using their own products as lecturers. You don't know how many CU doctorates who taught me in school.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
Anfieldboss:

N857,500 to earn 80k shocked
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Gerrard59(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Bolustical:

I bet in [b]15 years time
(if the govt refuses to adequately fund tertiary education)whether the likes of first generation may not be able to withstand CU's standard.[/b]

Reduce that to 10.

I keep telling folks around me to prepare themselves. Procreate children you can afford. Covenant University will be Nigeria's Harvard!

4 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by drealzum(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
abnot:

I don't know about CU but generally elite schools are more valuable in areas of networking/contact building than actual theory/studies. I attended an elite secondary school and up till date I can attest to how valuable those contacts could be. Recently one of our former schoolmates was seeking sponsorship/funding for a pet project he had. He relied on his secondary school contacts and within the first three weeks he had meetings with the emir of kan , Gov. Ambode, Atiku, a former Insp Gen. of police, Mutallab senior... He is trying to meet with more people while recording tremendous successes with some of the contacts he has made. He made these contacts through children/nieces of these people.

One of the benefits of elite schools. Always focus on the possible positives of any decision one makes rather than condemn everything that you perceive to be against your belief.
I understand your comment and share same sentiments. I don't just understand why you chose to be insultive at the end. My younger brother is also going to Covenant to do Archi this year. He started from KHS(Living faith primary school),then to their secondary school, faith academy, right now my father wants to send him to CU , so am not against the school. The conducive environment and every thing is superb.
As for network, I also graduated from an elite secondary school in Kaduna ( I would have love to mention the name but it will sound immodest) and I understand the importance of graduating from such schools. You get exposed to information which students from other schools are not exposed too. You meet people whose parents command influence in the state.......This could serve as doorway to big opportunities for you I know.
I don't seem to understand the necessity of your last paragraph, is it that you have problems comprehending what I wrote earlier or you just want to hit me?........ I never condemned CU, did I? Haa!

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by anochuko01(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Big, fat lie.

I have younger friends who attended CU and are still hustling for jobs.

Most parents of CU students are influential enough to help them get jobs. Even if those same kinds left CU to attend Abia Poly, their parents would still help them get jobs.
if for four to five years of mixing with the high and mighty your friends couldn't make a single friendship that could fetch them a job then those your friends are really foolish. they still wouldn't get a job if they attended Harvard.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Sard(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
I was/am part of the government owned schools and I know they are mostly rubbish. I was just three months away from graduating in 2013 when strike started and it lasted for 6 months. ASUU and internal strikes delayed me for more than a year, and you want my kids to go through the same stress and torture?? Never!

If I can't afford to sponsor my kids to go abroad and spend tens of thousand dollars, at least, spending 1 million naira each year should be attainable by God's grace.
Until public universities become better, CU and a few other well funded and managed private universities will continue to be better options.

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Anfieldboss: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

N857,500 to earn 80k shocked

That's just their salary. There are other perks attached to being an OAP. Endorsement deals, promotions for artistes, MCs/Host/Hostesses for events etc.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by luvlymabel: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
me that finish from imopoly is even earning morethan one of their student in our working place
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by wildchild02: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
"they" can afford it grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION.
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Adecombo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
Na them palaba be that Ooo!!!!! Nothing concern me jare
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by abnot: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
drealzum:

I understand your comment and share same sentiments. I don't just understand why you chose to be insultive at the end. My younger brother is also going to Covenant to do Archi this year. He started from KHS(Living faith primary school),then to their secondary school, faith academy, right now my father wants to send him to CU , so am not against the school. The conducive environment and every thing is superb.
As for network, I also graduated from an elite secondary school in Kaduna ( I would have love to mention the name but it will sound immodest) and I understand the importance of graduating from such schools. You get exposed to information which students from other schools are not exposed too. You meet people whose parents command influence in the state.......This could serve as doorway to big opportunities for you I know.
I don't seem to understand the necessity of your last paragraph, is it that you have problems comprehending what I wrote earlier or you just want to hit me?........ I never condemned CU, did I? Haa!

I'm sorry if my comment offended you in anyway . I was only encouraging to members of this forum to pay more attention on the positives and less attention on the negatives such as graduates from all uni scrambling for same limited jobs and ll

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by bigerboy200: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=idu1 post=59809807]The same chemistry wey people dey pay 30k for buk?[/quote
] 30k is too much sef..people dey pay 17K for FUTA

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by bigerboy200: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
idu1:
The same chemistry wey people dey pay 30k for buk?

30k is too much sef..people dey pay 17K for FUTA

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by nextstep(m): 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
kjhova:

I really don't know what to say here as many other assets have been privatised over the years in Nigeria and they are no better. Plus you will have to set up an agency to supervise the proposed scholarships, grants and loans and...you will have to place NIGERIANS there to man the place!!

I am sure that you are begining to see my point of fear about the whole idea.

You're right... sadly, privatization doesn't seem to work here... even scholarships will get misappropriated. I jus taiya
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Praktikals(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
darlenese:
I reserve my comment, but I must open my church this year.
LoL. Remember me when you get to your kingdom o

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by fait10(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
No medicine and surgery, no dentistry, no medlab.

What are they offering then?
there are many better courses thanthe one u mentioned
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by meliziz12(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
I beg,almost a million for learning what,this is damn costly
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by chukzyfcbb: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
If you have ever been to covenant university, You will wish for your child to study there. The appearnce and ambience alone will give you a peace of mind as a parent, its the perfect environment for learning and I can argue that anywhere.
I got to know that some engineering department there have some professional courses ingrained in their syllabus, which is a huge plus. Unlike the federal schools where you need to pay extra during summer break to get those professional trainings. and certfs. These guys are churning out graduates with more exposure than the Public varsities.
Quit hating on them because of the fees, there are lots of private schools in Nigeria who are commanding high fees but with nothing to show for it.
Ps: I am a product of a federal school

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by chimeziedickson: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
I no fit talk
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Phinysmarty(f): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Paying this huge amount to study none progressional course is not too bad but where the problem lies is you struggling for job in labour market with people who studied the same course with tuition fee as low as 21k.

Scholarship offer is still open.
Contact us to study in china

Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by eluquenson(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
Let me not make a comment

But is this a religious school?
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Rorachy:
CU is not worth the hype then.
I'm disappointed as well.
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by mechanics(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
idu1:
The same chemistry wey people dey pay 30k for buk?
hahaha, na business o
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Zirah: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
A session..that's Ist and 2nd Semester, right? The fees are ok then.
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by FIDELISFIDECENT: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by vhatpweetygurl(f): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Is it the same inglis dt jennifer and falz version is bringing more money dt som1 will pay close to a million for one year?it's not kukuma my ingris
Re: Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 by Xfactordkulboy: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
Even most of d church members can't afford to send their children to that school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here / Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.