Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,151 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) (10003 Views)

Nigerian Lady Says She Is An Antichrist And A River Goddess / If Supernatural Bodies Are Better Than Human Bodies Why Do Demons Possess Humans / 3-year-old Girl Becomes Nepal’s New Living Goddess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6D1-cNZPc

Here is a video of a beautiful girl that was possess by Goddess Oshun at Osogbo Festival August 2017

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by greatnaija01: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
what is this? so now its a thing of pride to be possessed by an ancient evil spirit abi?

When will Africa wake up and embrace the Light

3 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Joagbaje(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Demons!!!. Some marital problems looming.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Babalawos:

Here is a video of a beautiful girl that was possess by Goddess Oshun at Osogbo Festival August 2017
A Fool At Ur Age Is A Fool Forever.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by vaxx: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Babalawos:

aboru aboye . thanks for the video.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
vaxx:
aboru aboye . thanks for the video.

Aboye Abosisi, you are welcome
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
greatnaija01:
what is this? so now its a thing of pride to be possessed by an ancient evil spirit abi?

Hello Non ATR Initiate

Osun Osogbo Sacred Grove is a sacred forest along the banks of the Osun river just outside the city of Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

The Osun Osogbo Grove is among the last of the sacred forests which usually adjoined the edges of most Yoruba cities before extensive urbanization. In recognition of its global significance and its cultural value, the Sacred Grove was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.

The 1950s saw the desecration of the Osun Osogbo Grove: shrines were neglected, priests abandoned the grove as customary responsibilities and sanctions weakened. Prohibited actions like fishing, hunting and felling of trees in the grove took place until Austrian, Susanne Wenger, came and stopped the abuse going on in the grove.

With the encouragement of the Ataoja and the support of the local people, "Wenger formed the New Sacred Art movement to challenge land speculators, repel poachers, protect shrines and begin the long process of bringing the sacred place back to life by establishing it, again, at the sacred heart of Osogbo.

Every year, the Osun festival is celebrated in the month of August at the grove. Yearly, the festival attracts thousands of Osun worshippers, spectators and tourists from all walks of life.

For the people of Osogbo Land, August is a month of celebration, traditional cleansing of the city and cultural reunion of the people with their ancestors and founders of the Osogbo Kingdom.

The Osun Festival is a two-week-long programme. It starts with the traditional cleansing of the town called 'Iwopopo' which is followed in three days by the lighting of the 500-year-old sixteen-point lamp called 'Ina Olojumerindinlogun'.

Ina Olojumerindinlogun, the sacred lamp lit at the beginning of the annual Osogbo festival, then comes the 'Ibroriade', an assemblage of the crowns of the past ruler, Ataojas of Osogbo for blessings. This event is led by the sitting Ataoja of Osogbo and the Arugba, Yeye Osun and a committee of priestesses.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

5 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Joagbaje:

Demons!!!. Some marital problems looming.

What is your proof?
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
iamgenius:
A Fool At Ur Age Is A Fool Forever.

Your Ancestors are totally disappointed at you

5 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
Babalawos:

Your Ancestors are totally disappointed at you
Does that make God angry at me? If No, then who the hell are the ancestors if I may ask? F*ck the river and all idols that you worship.

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
Babalawos:

Hello Non ATR Initiate

Osun Osogbo Sacred Grove is a sacred forest along the banks of the Osun river just outside the city of Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

The Osun Osogbo Grove is among the last of the sacred forests which usually adjoined the edges of most Yoruba cities before extensive urbanization. In recognition of its global significance and its cultural value, the Sacred Grove was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.

The 1950s saw the desecration of the Osun Osogbo Grove: shrines were neglected, priests abandoned the grove as customary responsibilities and sanctions weakened. Prohibited actions like fishing, hunting and felling of trees in the grove took place until Austrian, Susanne Wenger, came and stopped the abuse going on in the grove.

With the encouragement of the Ataoja and the support of the local people, "Wenger formed the New Sacred Art movement to challenge land speculators, repel poachers, protect shrines and begin the long process of bringing the sacred place back to life by establishing it, again, at the sacred heart of Osogbo.

Every year, the Osun festival is celebrated in the month of August at the grove. Yearly, the festival attracts thousands of Osun worshippers, spectators and tourists from all walks of life.

For the people of Osogbo Land, August is a month of celebration, traditional cleansing of the city and cultural reunion of the people with their ancestors and founders of the Osogbo Kingdom.

The Osun Festival is a two-week-long programme. It starts with the traditional cleansing of the town called 'Iwopopo' which is followed in three days by the lighting of the 500-year-old sixteen-point lamp called 'Ina Olojumerindinlogun'.

Ina Olojumerindinlogun, the sacred lamp lit at the beginning of the annual Osogbo festival, then comes the 'Ibroriade', an assemblage of the crowns of the past ruler, Ataojas of Osogbo for blessings. This event is led by the sitting Ataoja of Osogbo and the Arugba, Yeye Osun and a committee of priestesses.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos
Itan Ijapa ati Yannibo. Have you ever seen that Yemoja for once? Keep deceiving urself. Yorubas and idol worshipping are like the index finger and middle finger in closeness. You better return to your God, who creates everything that exist and even d idols you worship.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 26, 2017
What is the history of the Osun Osogbo grove, is this where the healing river is?

iamgenius:
Itan Ijapa ati Yannibo. Have you ever seen that Yemoja for once? Keep deceiving urself. Yorubas and idol worshipping are like the index finger and middle finger in closeness. You better return to your God, who creates everything that exist and even d idols you worship.

Have you seen your god for once?

3 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by d4guy: 6:39am On Aug 26, 2017
greatnaija01:

Is the holy spirit not ancient?

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2017
LightandDarkness:
What is the history of the Osun Osogbo grove, is this where the healing river is?

Have you seen your God for once?
Whatever I tell you, you'll still want to do some argument. I never seen Him, but we all know Someone created us.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2017
Hi Non ATR Initiate

Most people, when they think of Osun, they think of her as only a river Goddess, or a fertility Goddess, the “Afrikan Venus. However, she is much, much, more than that.

Let me now explain to you who Osun is: Osun is central to Yoruba thought and praxis. Her power is multidimensional.

Osun’s name means “source.” from the word “orisun.” The source of a river, people, of children, of wealth, of life.

Osun represents the perpetually renewing source of life. As the elemental power of water, she makes life possible. Osun is the child-giving and curative power of water.

She is Odo Aro, the “blue river,” the birth canal where our ori is developed. What some people forget, is that Osun is also the owner of Eerindinlogun – sixteen cowrie divination.

She is also the source and condition of political power, as leader of the Aje (the Mothers, Iyami). As such, she is a founder of the Ogboni Society, the council of elders that bestow kingship.

Like Esu, she can change at will. She can be the loquacious and beautiful young flirt who succeeds by killing you with kindness, or the deadly serious old woman, owner of the “spiritual eye” (mystical power); she can be rich or poor, loving or vengeful.

She is the Benevolent Mother and the Fierce Warrior. She heals with her cool waters and destroys indiscriminately with her raging floods. She is the creator of children, fertility squared, yet she is the leader of vengeful spirits (Aje) who will take any child away at the drop of a hat.

She is the fierce defender of her children (priests and priestesses). She cries when she is happy, and laughs when she is sad. To accentuate her dual natures, Osun carries a brass cooling fan in one hand and a brass cutlass in the other. Strength and compassion; brass and honey.

In Yorubaland, Orisa serve as the glue that holds communities together. Each town or city has a founding narrative that includes the founding Orisa and intertwines facts, myths and metaphor.

Ijesa, Osun State, Nigeria

These mythistories create “community-ship,” which is at least as strong as the larger sense of citizenship. Ijesa country in Osun State, Nigeria, is the center of Osun worship.

It is the place of the largest annual Osun festival. People come from all over the world to attend the festival and be blessed and/or healed by the sacred waters of the Osun river at the city of Osogbo.

Osun History

In the Osogbo mythhistory, it is said that a prince (Olarooye) from Ilesa, went out to found a new city due to a water shortage in Ilesa. He set out with his buddy, a hunter named Timehin (an incarnation of Ogun), and they led the expeditionary group in search of a water source.

They came upon the Osun river. To make a long story short, they settled there with the blessing and protection (she and Timehin ran off the invading Tapa – warriors from the north) of Osun.

Thank you for reading, leave your comments

Babalawos

iamgenius:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 10:57am On Aug 26, 2017
Babalawos:
Hi Non ATR Initiate

Most people, when they think of Osun, they think of her as only a river Goddess, or a fertility Goddess, the “Afrikan Venus. However, she is much, much, more than that.

Let me now explain to you who Osun is: Osun is central to Yoruba thought and praxis. Her power is multidimensional.

Osun’s name means “source.” from the word “orisun.” The source of a river, people, of children, of wealth, of life.

Osun represents the perpetually renewing source of life. As the elemental power of water, she makes life possible. Osun is the child-giving and curative power of water.

She is Odo Aro, the “blue river,” the birth canal where our ori is developed. What some people forget, is that Osun is also the owner of Eerindinlogun – sixteen cowrie divination.

She is also the source and condition of political power, as leader of the Aje (the Mothers, Iyami). As such, she is a founder of the Ogboni Society, the council of elders that bestow kingship.

Like Esu, she can change at will. She can be the loquacious and beautiful young flirt who succeeds by killing you with kindness, or the deadly serious old woman, owner of the “spiritual eye” (mystical power); she can be rich or poor, loving or vengeful.

She is the Benevolent Mother and the Fierce Warrior. She heals with her cool waters and destroys indiscriminately with her raging floods. She is the creator of children, fertility squared, yet she is the leader of vengeful spirits (Aje) who will take any child away at the drop of a hat.

She is the fierce defender of her children (priests and priestesses). She cries when she is happy, and laughs when she is sad. To accentuate her dual natures, Osun carries a brass cooling fan in one hand and a brass cutlass in the other. Strength and compassion; brass and honey.

In Yorubaland, Orisa serve as the glue that holds communities together. Each town or city has a founding narrative that includes the founding Orisa and intertwines facts, myths and metaphor.

These mythistories create “community-ship,” which is at least as strong as the larger sense of citizenship. Ijesa country in Osun State, Nigeria, is the center of Osun worship.

It is the place of the largest annual Osun festival. People come from all over the world to attend the festival and be blessed and/or healed by the sacred waters of the Osun river at the city of Osogbo.

Osun History

In the Osogbo mythhistory, it is said that a prince (Olarooye) from Ilesa, went out to found a new city due to a water shortage in Ilesa. He set out with his buddy, a hunter named Timehin (an incarnation of Ogun), and they led the expeditionary group in search of a water source.

They came upon the Osun river. To make a long story short, they settled there with the blessing and protection (she and Timehin ran off the invading Tapa – warriors from the north) of Osun.

Babalawos

I was born believing those rubbish up there. How I wish I could forget all of those things. It saddens my heart whenever I see people doing those idol worshipping. How I wish you could understand.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2017
What about the goddess coming out to show herself to the people. I heard it used to happen before
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2017
You call your ancestors rubbish?

iamgenius:
I was born believing those rubbish up there. How I wish I could forget all of those things. It saddens my heart whenever I see people doing those idol worshipping. How I wish you could understand.

2 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello ATR Non Initiate

I only video recorded a glimpse of this year Osun Osogbo Festival. I will advise you visit Osun Osogbo Festival next year and see for yourself and stop making assumptions on nairaland. You might just be lucky to be possess by Osun!

Babalawos

sexybaby22:
What about the goddess coming out to show herself to the people. I heard it used to happen before
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Horlami3370: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2017
iamgenius:
Whatever I tell you, you'll still want to do some argument. I never seen Him, but we all know Someone created us.

You've never seen God and yet you believe in him cos of white doctrine brought here and yet, you are asking if someone have seen the goddess before for believing? Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2017
Babalawos:
You call your ancestors rubbish?
Ancestors? My Foot.

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Horlami3370: 11:35am On Aug 27, 2017
iamgenius:

So, you've seen your God before or have any proof your God created everything that exist like you've said rather than you reading what was preach to you by the white people ? If no, then your comment is irrelevant
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by stevecantrell: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2017
Babalawos:
Hi Non ATR Initiate

Osun History

Babalawos

Hi
can you comment further on the role of the paramount traditional ruler of Ijesha in Osun in the worship of Oshun.
What exactly do the royal families of that place worship or are supposed to worship ?
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Horlami3370: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2017
iamgenius:

You was born believing something and then brainwashed by the white to believe theirs which can not be proving than you believing what you are told .

Please, what's the pride in this? Still gullible religious Nigerian blood

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2017
You are not going to live forever, will you? Remember this: "your children children will also refer you as a rubbish ancestor." It is called karma!

iamgenius:
Ancestors? My Foot.

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2017
Babalawos:
You are not going to live forever, will you? Remember this: "your children children will also refer you as a rubbish ancestor." It is called karma!

I only rubbish their idol worshipping. Even if my parents were to be in this rubbish, I will still respect them as my parents. But I won't be happy with what they do(idol worship). Karma? Did I do something bad?
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by iamgenius(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
Horlami3370:

You was born believing something and then brainwashed by the white to believe theirs which can not be proving than you believing what you are told .

Please, what's the pride in this? Still gullible religious Nigerian blood
I was born believing it bro, Now my eyes don open. I'm not brainwashed. Every religion calls to good, but how do we know the religion of The Almighty. I used to question myself if I'm brainwashed or not. Check my articles.
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Horlami3370: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
iamgenius:
I was born believing it bro, Now my eyes don open. I'm not brainwashed. Every religion calls to good, but how do we know the religion of The Almighty. I used to question myself if I'm brainwashed or not. Check my articles.

You aren't brainwashed, then how did your eyes open, not by what was preached to you, or you just wake up one day and know the religion and the definition of Almighty

1 Like

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by sonmvayina(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
You are doing a very good job..i wish I had met you earlier.
Our problems as individual and as a community started when we took other peoples beliefs as our reality. Whatever problem we are facing is self inflicted. We cut our selves from our roots and whatever you cut from the roots, with time will only wilder and die..we are the only people in this planet that worships a God that does not look like us..all hope is not still lost, all we have to do is reattach ourselves to our roots...

Believe me " We will prosper"

Enoff...said

2 Likes

Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
Horlami3370:

You aren't brainwashed, then how did your eyes open, not by what was preached to you, or you just wake up one day and know the religion and the definition of Almighty

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Ishilove: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
Babalawos:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aha! So Babalawos is human and not a forum bot after all!
Re: Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) by Babalawos(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
iamgenius:
I only rubbish their idol worshipping. Even if my parents were to be in this rubbish, I will still respect them as my parents. But I won't be happy with what they do(idol worship). Karma? Did I do something bad?

So Christians dont worship idols? The crucifix of Jesus is what? Or the image of Mary praying or the image of Mary carrying baby Jesus is what? Churches are filled with Idols. You are more confused than your ancestors!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happened To Me Last Night! / Predictions For The First Quarter Of 2013 / Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.