Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them (10023 Views)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2012
ok here are the rules for speaking in tongues and if they are flouted, you know your church is a den of iniquity ( as they all are anyway lol )

1-there cannot be more than 3 people speaking in tongues at the same time and they must take turns. if your whole church bursts into speaking in tongues, during their self induced pseudo-euphoria, sneak to the collection plate and pocket all the money and run out

2-there must be an interpreter. if someone speaks some gibberish that cannot be interpreted, be sure to pull out your leather belt and commit to whooping their butt in the church ( hopefully they are smaller than you and you can take them should they decide to start fighting back )

1 corinthians 14 vs 27[b] if anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;[/b]

I SAY ALL OF THE ABOVE TO SAY THAT ISRAEL WAS SCATTERED INTO THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH FOR A LONG TIME SO THAT YOU HAD ISRAELITES OF DIFFERENT CITIZENSHIP. JUST LIKE WE HAVE NIGERIANS WITH AMERICAN AND BRITISH AND ITALIAN AND RUSSIAN CITIZENSHIP WHO HAVE NEVER EVER BEING TO NIGERIA BEFORE. THE ISRAELITES WERE ENSLAVED ALL OVER THE WORLD. EVEN PAUL HIMSELF WAS AN ISRAELITE OF ROMAN CITIZENSHIP. HOWEVER AT THIS POINT IN TIME, THE BONDAGE WASNT SO SEVERE THAT THEY COULDNT ALL MEET TOGETHER IN JERUSALEM OR SOME OTHER PLACES FOR THE FEAST OF TABERNACLE OR THE PASSOVER OR THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD. WHEN THEY ALL GATHER TOGETHER, THERE ARE ISRAELITES WHO SPEAK DIFFERENT TONGUES BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT PLACES THEY WERE BORN. YOU HAD ISRAELITES WITH GREEK TONGUE, ROMAN TONGUE, ASSYRIAN, EGYPTIAN, BABYLONIAN, PERSIAN, ETC. THEY ALL SPOKE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. DIFFERENT TONGUES. SO WHEN THEY GOT TOGETHER THEY ALL SPOKE IN TONGUES AND THEY MADE SURE THERE WERE INTERPRETERS WHO COULD INTERPRET THESE DIFFERENT TONGUES AND THEY MADE SURE THEY SPOKE ONE AT A TIME AND THEN THE INTERPRETER WILL INTERPRET. THIS IS WHAT IS KNOWN AS TONGUES NOT THAT SHABLABABABABABABABA SHOOROGOGOGOG AMBBLABABABABABABA THAT YALL CRAZY FOLKS DO AFTER MISINTERPRETING THE BIBLE AND LITERALLY READING IT angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by logicboy: 1:18pm On May 09, 2012
100% agree!

May Oyedepo give me the strength to slap any winch for speaking in tongues!
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 09, 2012
logicboy: 100% agree!

grin grin grin

Buzu, e b like say u wan make joAgbaje come show u some magical verses from old, new, and refurbished testaments..

2 Likes

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:29pm On May 09, 2012
logicboy: 100% agree!

i think you need the strength to slap oyedepo himself. he speaks in tongues too. although make sure you sign your will before you do it cuz he has so many bellicose goons ready to tear you apart grin

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:32pm On May 09, 2012
musKeeto:
grin grin grin

Buzu, e b like say u wan make joAgbaje come show u some magical verses from old, new, and refurbished testaments..
if oga Jo can wiggle out of this one i will personally confer him the title 'THE CHIEF CONTORTIONIST OF NL'. Jo do be having them scriptures that make him wiggle out of situations grin grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 1:48pm On May 09, 2012
@ buzugee,

People can pray in ongues simultaneously . You're mixing up things with that scriptures. That passage is not about praying in tongue but "speaking " in tongues. Which has to do with talking to people so there's need for interpretation. . But when it comes to praying o God in tongues. We don't need to interprete ,he understandsc

5 Likes

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2012
buzugee: if oga Jo can wiggle out of this one i will personally confer him the title 'THE CHIEF CONTORTIONIST OF NL'. Jo do be having them scriptures that make him wiggle out of situations grin grin

Supposing you're wrong
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:55pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje: @ buzugee,

People can pray in ongues simultaneously . You're mixing up things with that scriptures. That passage is not about praying in tongue but "speaking " in tongues. Which has to do with talking to people so there's need for interpretation. . But when it comes to praying o God in tongues. We don't need to interprete ,he understandsc
grin grin Oga Jo done come again. the contortionist himself grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

Supposing you're wrong
i will stand corrected. however i would hope you prove me wrong with scriptures though.

tongue is a person's language, . ( from wiki )
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2012

1 Corinthians 14:27-29
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

You can see that Tongue is linked with prophecy here.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2012
Buzugee I have explained this same things over and over again....

I was battling this issue out with 1 nlander yesterday....
I asked the boy to please come to my village or any other interior village that speaks a different language from his,and let him come speak in there tongue to them just as d apostles did....!

Today all they speak in is gibberish....full time gibberish!!!

I believe I've had these discussion with joe sometime ago too...

My cousin who attends winners recently narrated to me how he had to pass through a holy ghost class b4 he was allowed to be baptized..
He said in that class u must speak in tongues b4 ur qualified for baptism(I wonder where they got that analogy from)..
He 1st of all told d pastor in charge there was no way he could speak in tongues..but d pastor told him if u dnt speak in tongues no baptism for u...
So my cousin having seen the other gullible baptism candidates speaking in ""shintararabaababababagoggogogogoogogogogogpopopopopopololololohahaahahahadadadadadadadabobobobobobob"" he resorted to doing d same altho knowing he was saying rubbish...
He said after knowingly uttering d rubbish which he invented d pastor shook his hands and told him he had passed d test,that he is now filled with d holy spirit...
And b4 d speaking look @ d exact words d pastor told him ""do not speak in english or in ur local dialect,just say mixed words and then d holy spirit will take over from there""

If I dey lie make d prosperity churches come kill me ooooo..

Its all gibberish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:
Do you care to know truth
LOL i believe i do. i want to be set free. they do say the truth will set you free grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:
1 Corinthians 14:27-29
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

You cn see that ongue is linked with prophecy here.
hmmm what prophesy ? cheesy i believe i will need some help here from the elder statesmen of the forum as i cant see no prophesy. Goshen abeg helep ya brother here. am i missing something
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2012
ijawkid: Buzugee I have explained this same things over and over again....

I was battling this issue out with 1 nlander yesterday....
I asked the boy to please come to my village or any other interior village that speaks a different language from his,and let him come speak in there tongue to them just as d apostles did....!

Today all they speak in is gibberish....full time gibberish!!!

I believe I've had these discussion with joe sometime ago too...

My cousin who attends winners recently narrated to me how he had to pass through a holy ghost class b4 he was allowed to be baptized..
He said in that class u must speak in tongues b4 ur qualified for baptism(I wonder where they got that analogy from)..
He 1st of all told d pastor in charge there was no way he could speak in tongues..but d pastor told him if u dnt speak in tongues no baptism for u...
So my cousin having seen the other gullible baptism candidates speaking in ""shintararabaababababagoggogogogoogogogogogpopopopopopololololohahaahahahadadadadadadadabobobobobobob"" he resorted to doing d same altho knowing he was saying rubbish...
He said after knowingly uttering d rubbish which he invented d pastor shook his hands and told him he had passed d test,that he is now filled with d holy spirit...
And b4 d speaking look @ d exact words d pastor told him ""do not speak in english or in ur local dialect,just say mixed words and then d holy spirit will take over from there""

If I dey lie make d prosperity churches come kill me ooooo..

Its all gibberish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL i have personally had a similar experience in nigeria. i felt ill equipped and inadequate that the holy spirit did not see fit to help me speak in tongues when every around me was shambalalalalalaing away. but then again i was young. absolute lunacy is what it is lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 09, 2012
@Buzu: You're battling a powerful Man.. the Christian Houdini..

Joagbaje: In the old testament time , there was little knowledge of demons or devil. So every incidence is attributed to God either good or bad. And God spirit use people according to the level of their understanding to a great extent.

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:30pm On May 09, 2012
musKeeto: @Buzu: You're battling a powerful Man.. the Christian Houdini..

grin grin grin Oga Jo new name on this forum. THE CHRISTIAN HOUDINI. sounds appropriate grin
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2012
The reason I don't enter too many threads is that I get shocked with it and it takes my time. Can we ALL take this thread seriously and one after the other please. "If" we are going to learn the truth. I BEG EVERYONE PLEASE. However, if we are NOT going to make something good out of this, I might step aside or step down. I want everyone of us to participate and combine our knowledge please.

Now, Let's start this way,

What is tongues as defined by the bible?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2012
buzugee: hmmm what prophesy ? cheesy i believe i will need some help here from the elder statesmen of the forum as i cant see no prophesy. Goshen abeg helep ya brother here. am i missing something

There are different aspect of speaking in tongues. It's used to pray to God, it's is used to give prophecies and message to the church , it is also used to pray on behalf of others.
So if you read a passage about tongues you should first distinguished which aspect writer is talking about.

It's only when you use tongues to speak to people in a message or exhortation that interpretation is required . But when you speak in tongures to God in prayer , you don't need to interprete to God. Or do you think God news our interpretation ?

Certain terms such as , praying in tongues , speaking with tongues, speaking in tongues were used . But sometimes they connotes different things. If you look at the chapter again with this understanding , you will see a difference.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2012
Goshen360: The reason I don't enter too many threads is that I get shocked with it and it takes my time. Can we ALL take this thread seriously and one after the other please. "If" we are going to learn the truth. I BEG EVERYONE PLEASE. However, if we are NOT going to make something good out of this, I might step aside or step down. I want everyone of us to participate and combine our knowledge please.

i am not the sharpest tool in the box but i believe tongue means language. you agree ?
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 09, 2012
Goshen360: The reason I don't enter too many threads is that I get shocked with it and it takes my time. Can we ALL take this thread seriously and one after the other please. "If" we are going to learn the truth. I BEG EVERYONE PLEASE. However, if we are NOT going to make something good out of this, I might step aside or step down. I want everyone of us to participate and combine our knowledge please.

And I take my leave... have fun guys grin

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 2:53pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

There are different aspect of speaking in tongues. It's used to pray to God, it's is used to give prophecies and message to the church , it is also used to pray on behalf of others.
So if you read a passage about tongues you should first distinguished which aspect writer is talking about.

It's only when you use tongues to speak to people in a message or exhortation that interpretation is required . But when you speak in tongures to God in prayer , you don't need to interprete to God. Or do you think God news our interpretation ?

Certain terms such as , praying in tongues , speaking with tongues, speaking in tongues were used . But sometimes they connotes different things. If you look at the chapter again with this understanding , you will see a difference.
hmmm you may have a point but i doubt it. i dont think the phrase ' praying in tongues' is ever used. what is always used is 'speaking in tongues' and this refers to prayers not speaking to other people. i dont think the bible describes people conversing with each other as 'speaking in tongues'. undecided but i always stand corrected.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2012
Tongue means language....

A known language.....

Not just some rubbish...

E get 1 pastor wey get church for d back of my house...
Anytime he speaks in tongues its always d same pattern of rubbish in-cohorent words..

Why are all tongues today following d same pattern??its as if they a scripted....

joe boy...I believe ur's too would so much sound like there's I bet.....

The man always says these words """popopopopopopopotatatatatatatatatatattatatatatararararaarararara"""

What do those words mean??
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by buzugee(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2012
ijawkid: Tongue means language....

A known language.....

Not just some rubbish...

E get 1 pastor wey get church for d back of my house...
Anytime he speaks in tongues its always d same pattern of rubbish in-cohorent words..

Why are all tongues today following d same pattern??its as if they a scripted....

joe boy...I believe ur's too would so much sound like there's I bet.....

The man always says these words """popopopopopopopotatatatatatatatatatattatatatatararararaarararara"""

What do those words mean??
maybe he is a stammerer
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2012
Well, Joagbaje had just killed this thread. He said the truth. The problem is "UNDERSTANDING" what Paul was saying. This explanation of Joagbaje hits both side of Paul's teaching on the abuse of tongues/language. There is "speaking" tongues and there is "praying" in tongues or language. When you "pray" to God, it is between you and God as no man understands you but when you are speaking to people in "tongues" as to what Paul says "in the church", you need to pray that God enables you to interpret or someone interprets otherwise, your speaking is useless. The problem is NOT the tongues/language, THE PROBLEM IS THE MISUSE OR ABUSE OF THE GIFTS OF TONGUES.

When Paul said the gifts of tongues cease in 1 Corinthians 13:8, I believe it is the gifts divers tongues that was given to spread the gospel at the beginning of the church then. Today, the gospel is spread in all languages and no one needs to speak in tongues/languages to spread the gospel anymore. However, there is "praying" in "unknown" tongues which is different from the gift of "speaking" in tongues that was given to spread the gospel then. That "speaking" in divers tongues had ceased today. "praying" in the church in tongues is misused when because Paul condemns it. This is the real issue that should be treated. This is my submission.

Joagbaje:

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2012
buzugee: i am not the sharpest tool in the box but i believe tongue means language. you agree ?

Tongue is a language but, who are you speaking to. You either speak to men or to God. Tongues is used both ways , so the question is to know which situation the passage is addressing. I can guarantee you that such passge is dealing with speaking to men . And if you speak to men in a language they don't understand it is common sense to interprete. The only exception is a prayer of agreement . Whereby you pray on behalf of others , since such prayer require their participation. It's not right to do such prayers in tongues . But apart from that every person is free to speak to God in tongues in the church by himself.

Why did God say they should speak one after the other is because it's a message they were giving in tongues , so orderliness is required.

1 Corinthians 14:27
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret

1 Corinthians 14:28
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

so it's allowed for the tongue talker to speak to himself and to God in tongues. 50 to 1000 people may not speak to others In tongues but they may speak to God at thesame time. That's actually what we do when we all pray in tongues. But if I give a message in tongues ,I will need to interprete or get an interpreter.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 3:12pm On May 09, 2012
buzugee: hmmm you may have a point but i doubt it. i dont think the phrase ' praying in tongues' is ever used. what is always used is 'speaking in tongues' and this refers to prayers not speaking to other people. i dont think the bible describes people conversing with each other as 'speaking in tongues'. undecided but i always stand corrected.

1 Cor. 14:14 nkjv
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. kjv
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Goshen360(m): 3:18pm On May 09, 2012
@ buzugee,

The problem today is we need to pay attention to use of words when reading/studying the bible. The gifts of speaking in tongues given on pentecost was a well known language or tongues "as the Spirit gave them utterance". In the case, the recipient will understand what the speaker is saying or the speaker also interprets but in "praying" to God, or "praying" IN THE SPIRIT, you are praying to God and not to man and even your own personal understanding is unfruitful or irrelevant according to 1 cor 14:14
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by ijawkid(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2012
@joe...so when people pray in tongues that's when we hear those in-cohorent words ba??

But when speaking in tongues takes place it has to be a known language that might need an interpretation in case some persons don't understand d language been spoken??

Is that what u guys are saying

So in a congregation everybody can pray in tongues is that what u mean my brother??

To what end??
To benefit who

Please read this part of 1 corinthians 14:22...

Tongues are for a sign to unbelievers....

That ability to speak in various tongues was given to early christians for d sole purpose of spreading d kingdom news to many who needed to hear it in there own native dialect or language...

Even @ that in 1 corinthians 13:8-13 paul tells us that those powers will cease when they must have accomplished its purpose...
And ceased it did!!!

D early fledgling church needed these power to speak in tongues so as to spread d message as far as they could to the most distant part of d earth...how could they have accomplished this from Jerusalem if not for d gift of speaking in tongues

With a complete bible existing in almost all d languages existing in d world,with all prophetic words written down for us in d bible ,what more do we need

Do u still need to speak in tongues?
Imagine speaking to a cong where evrybody understands english or pidgin english and then u still insist on speaking in tongues,would it make any sense?

D apostles fulfilled and accomplished there ministry wit those gifts,what are recent professed christians accomplishing with there's

Paul told us what will remain when all those powers are ceased...LOVE!!!!!

In a country like nigeria where love has gone down d drain,but many claim to speak in tongues will really tell u that the power to speak in tongues has indeed vanished...

I judge a genuine christian not by tongues speaking but by how much d individual shows self sacrificing love....

Tongues tongues tongues but nobody is ever benefiting from it.....
Neither d speaker nor d unbeliever...

Of what use is it then?

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by Joagbaje(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2012
ijawkid: @joe...so when people pray in tongues that's when we hear those in-cohorent words ba??

But when speaking in tongues takes place it has to be a known language that might need an interpretation in case some persons don't understand d language been spoken??

Is that what u guys are saying

It doesn't have to be a known language. It's. A spiritual communication. Speaking ith tongues has to do with speaking to people. But praying in tongues has to do with talking to God. Ask yourself , why Would I need to speak hausa to God ,when he understand. My English. Why don't I just speak english to him. It's only for men we need to speak earthly language. Pentecost experience is for a specific purse just or that day.
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by jmoore(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2012
Buzugee is a fella that I may never understand. My number one guess is that all sorts of people have access to your nairaland account and can post anything.

With his knowledge of quoting bible, he seem to have missed this one as he did in some of his posts. Please try to read the whole chapter or the whole book and get the full message before concluding from a "carnal" view
Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by logicboy: 7:07pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

It doesn't have to be a known language. It's. A spiritual communication. Speaking ith tongues has to do with speaking to people. But praying in tongues has to do with talking to God. Ask yourself , why Would I need to speak hausa to God ,when he understand. My English. Why don't I just speak english to him. It's only for men we need to speak earthly language. Pentecost experience is for a specific purse just or that day.

You are a liar. The bible clearly shows that speaking in tongues is speaking in another earthly language.

a) In the pentecost, there were witnesses who heard their own language

b) Paul talked about an interpreter who should interprete what the speaking in tongues is saying.

It has to be a known language, according to the bible.

I'm an atheist but this is funny how people are ignorant of their own religion yet the want me to convert back to christianity. Dummies

1 Like

Re: Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:18pm On May 09, 2012
OP is ret.arded and suffering from slave mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? / All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.