Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . (9346 Views)

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by gongoaso1: 1:28am On Feb 27, 2010
ok.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2010
gongo aso:

@poster
nice points u've got with excellent advice.
but u could have done this thread a whole lot of good without use of the word 'binning' in the title.
wink
Thank you. But do you know of a more appropriate word?
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2010
hailolive:

does this also apply to someone who is in this category you mentioned and who has a child in the uk with a fiancee and wanting to apply for a child grant access visa.

YES, it applies, i quote:
Vicjustice:

. . . The sad truth is: you didn't receive the ban from making subsequent applications, but rather you received the ban from obtaining a UK visa of any category . So, it's up to you to apply a hundred or a thousand times while under a ban, but you will never be given a visa except after the ten years ban expires.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by gongoaso1: 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2010
Vicjustice:

Thank you. But do you know of a more appropriate word?
'wasting'
wink
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
gongo aso:

'wasting'
wink
Man, i thought you were going to suggest a more harsh word, but you came up with a more polite one smiley
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Tegese: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
what about: stop throwaying your money for uk visas if. . . cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by candylips(m): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
^^ if wetin
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Tegese: 5:37pm On May 30, 2010
candylips:

^^ if wetin
read the original post
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by candylips(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2010
ok
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2010
seedord247:

Hi house,

I really need your advice, October last year i'm eager to move out of the country and secure a good future, i ask a friend of mine how do i do it since a novice in this , my friend introduce me to an agent in ikeja, they ask me what country did i want to go i said uk, and the Man said i will need to pay 50,000 naira for registration fee and 400, 000 naira for the visa not including the traveling ticket. i pay the reg fee and half payment of the visa which is 200,000 naira out 400,000 naira, as times goes on i didn't hear from them, until dec 31 2009 they call me that i should come and submit the document myself which i pay almost 20,000 naira for the visa at the uk visa submission center at oregun ikeja, after 2 weeks they call me and said the visa is ready for collection we went there and i was refuse.

I was denied just because they call the bank of the person i'm visiting and what they said is that, the bank didn't release her statement of account and i how did i get it. The agent said i have the right to appeal, he would take care of the appeal and i should not be worried about it, he said in the next two month my visa will be out. I call him on Jan 20 he said he has summit it since that time i have not hear anything from the embassy neither him and whenever i tell my friend about this he always calm me down saying that the visa will still be out that i should patient and i know he's part of them.

I need your advice on what to do regarding this, it's almost 5 month gone now no visa and will my 270,000 naira just go like that?

Tunde.
   You're another victim of a harmless looking scam. Please, do not bother to appeal the visa refusal nor re-apply for a UK visa until after 10 years because, if you do, you'll only waste more of your money as you've been given a silent ban from entering the UK for 10 years.
   This is the way these self acclaimed travel or visa agents make their money. They promise to provide the needed documents and charge clients a lot of cash for them; then they actually provide the documents but, though the papers may appear original, they are never from genuine sources hence the embassy confirms them fake. A naive visa applicant now happily goes to apply for the desired visa which will definitely be refused and the subject is penalised by recieve a secret ban from entering the UK for ten years.
   The visa agents have just made cool profits at the cost of their client's banishment.

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by olubunmi80: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2010
@vicjustice. please can i know when this 10 year ban started ? i mean when they introduced it. thanks
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
olubunmi80:

@vicjustice. please can i know when this 10 year ban started ? i mean when they introduced it. thanks
That was introduced somedate in July 2009
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by candylips(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2010
was it last year it tot it was like 2 yrs ago
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by segzeybaba(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2010
olubunmi80:

It started immediately after the concession which ended 1 October 2008. It wasnt in 2009 but october 2008.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by franade: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
@vic justice

what if someone was denied a visa in 2005.

thanks
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by philip0906(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
hope this thread does not give some people hypertension cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by OmoTier1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ OP
Thank you for raising this very important issue. In addition to what you have written, may I also let Nigerians know that the UK embassy in Nigeria now use this "FAKE" document saga and 10 years travel ban as one of their excuses for refusing applicants unfairly! More recently, there has been court judgements in the UK where it was found that the UK embassy in Abuja (most especially) do not verify documents and where they claim documents were "FAKE", there was neither a "Documents verification reports" upon which the Entry Clearance Officer based their decision.

My candid word to any who has fallen victim to this UK embassy "FAKE" documents scan is to them "FORMERLY" requesting that they furnish you with the documents verification reports upon which they based they claims on- MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU WOULD BE INCLUDING COPIES OF THE LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR JUDICIAL REVIEW APPLICATION SHOULD IT GET TO THAT STAGE.

UK Embassy in Nigeria are now scamming Nigerians simply because we do not have a responsive and responsible government in place. Yes some Nigerians do present fake documents but that does not mean they would stain every Nigerian applicant with same brush.

Recently, I know of someone who was refused working visas with claims of "FAKE" documents and He challenged it in court (Judicial Review application in the UK) and it was found that the ECO never carried out any documents verification and no document verification on the applicant existed.

Mr TOMMY McGUINESS who happens to be an Entry Clearance Manager at the BHC , Abuja has been found in recent court judgements as one of the officers there who falsely refuse applicants with pretence of fake documents.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by candylips(m): 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
Interesting
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by kenny33: 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
i cant watch this vidoe pls tell me how i can check if i can still apply
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by kenny33: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
i need to know which docs i will provide on my part before i reapply again, i am dependant on parent, pls tell me how i can fill this form on General visitor visa
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by AjanleKoko: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Mr TOMMY McGUINESS who happens to be an Entry Clearance Manager at the BHC , Abuja has been found in recent court judgements as one of the officers there who falsely refuse applicants with pretence of fake documents.

That name sounds Irish, not English. What would he be doing at the BHC?
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

That name sounds Irish, not English. What would he be doing at the BHC?
   I won't be surprised if you're not aware that a great number of British or English nationals are originally from Ireland, also, i won't be surprised if you're not aware that a majority of American whites are originally from Ireland (and not England as most people think), and also, i won't be surprised if you're not aware that names like McDonalds, McQueen, McCain, McGuiness, McCarthy, McNeeley, O'Hare, O'Sullivan, O'Connor, O'Neil, O'Shea, Sean Bryan etc are all Irish.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by AjanleKoko: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2011
Vicjustice:

I won't be surprised if you're not aware that a great number of British or English nationals are originally from Ireland, also, i won't be surprised if you're not aware that the a majority of American whites are originally from Ireland (and not England as most people think), and also, i won't be surprised if you're not aware that names like McDonalds, McQueen, McCain, McGuiness, McCarthy, McNeeley, O'Hare, O'Sullivan, O'Connor, O'Neil, O'Shea, Sean Bryan etc are all Irish.

Ermm . . . your response is kinda weird. undecided
Anyway, I just thought the name McGuinness sounded Irish. Maybe from Northern Ireland.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Gbenge77(m): 1:54am On Apr 09, 2011
The only thing i love about the UK is the Premier League.

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2011
Hi all, i decided to dig out this buried thread since i noticed that a lot of people are still finding themselves victims of the situation that i narrated in this thread.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by oshiokeh: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
plz .... I apply for a uk visa and i just track my application nw and they told me is has been processed and ready for collection..... But wat baffle me most is my invitee told me they did not call her. I want to knw if the uk embassy can grant visa without calling invitee
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2013
oshiokeh: plz .... I apply for a uk visa and i just track my application nw and they told me is has been processed and ready for collection..... But wat baffle me most is my invitee told me they did not call her. I want to knw if the uk embassy can grant visa without calling invitee
Yes, they can, especially if they have no reason to
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by oshiokeh: 5:54am On Jan 17, 2013
thanks for ur respond.... I will let u knw if they grant it or not....

plz justwise sir and evrybody in the
house.... I need an advice on my issue .
Have just been refused uk visa the and
the statement state that. I hv therefore refused ur application
because insufficient balance i am not
satisfied, on the balance of
probabilities, that u meet all of the
requirements of relevant paragraph of
the uk immigration rules. Your right of appeal is limited to the
grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c)
of the nationality, immigration and
asylum act 2002
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2013
oshiokeh: thanks for ur respond.... I will let u knw if they grant it or not....
Any time, please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dont Come To Ghana If You Are Not Prepared. / Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos / Public Servants Must Fly Nigerian Carriers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.