Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile (1084 Views)

Tension In Kano As Sheep Gives Birth To Human Being / The Killing Of Fulanis In Numan, Adamawa Would Not Go Unpunished - Sultan / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
Since no one reported the killing of the crocodile(alleged god of the land of Okpai) by an army newly assigned to Sterling global oil and gas exploration company in the oilrich Kwale/Okpai(Ndokwa West/East LGA of Delta State), i decided to share the story after my investigations

*NOTE: No picture o coz my android phone has been stolen and i am typing with my nokia c2*

On tuesday 22nd august, at about 4pm, other vehicular movement were disrupted, i saw about 8 thundra, 3 hilux, pickup vans, buses and ambulance and alot of angry and fierce looking youths in these vehicle all tying palm fronds round their heads and singing in ukwuani language, going towards the mortuary. At first i thought they were IPOB members, but i didnt see any banner to that effect neither did i see Nnamdi Kanu, i also thought that they were ND militant, but NO, they were/are the youth of the community taking the crocodile to the mortuary, they were accòmpanied by Nigerian armies attached to the oil company
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
j
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
My findings revealed that a new Army transferred to the oil company shot dead a very big crocodile, unknöwn to him, the crocodile is the god of the land, he was almost lynched by angry youths and elders of the community who were there, they mobilized and increased in their numericals , it took the intervention of other armies, expatriates and alot of pleading to calm the indigenes...
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
On hearing the gruesome and unprovoked murder of their god, the king wept bitterly all day, the armies and ogas of sterling global were summoned to his palace, the indigenes mostly youth made sure that no work was ongoing at the company site...They ordered the oil company to take the ir god(the crocodile) to the mortuary in Kwale which they did, the remains of the crocodile was accompanied by indigenes and armies...
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Heard the army has been whisked away and work has stopped pending when the date for a befitting burial is fixed, the whole community, is in disarray, king is weeping, elders are mourning, both employed and unemployed youths are angry

if u have anyone in Kwale,Okpai,Ashaka,Aboh u can call to confirm the happenings, will keep u guys posted as the event unfold

lalasticlala, ishilove e don happen

Source: eyewitness account
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by EKITI001: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
EKITI001:
Na wa o
Na real wa o, trouble for the stingy Indian owned company, opportunity for the youths n community
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by tonio2wo: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
Eyaa! They are now godless.
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Lol
Re: Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile by Emmaxovic: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Lolz, very funny.... This is very true oh, i stay in Kwale, the crocodile is actually in a private mortuary in Kwale.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Ladi Kwali: Everything You Need To Know / A South African Lady Dancing Nakedly For Nigerian Yahoo Boys / Raising Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.