Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose (1439 Views)

Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina / Fayose Bids Ekiti People Farewell As He Takes To The Streets Of Ado-Ekiti.Photos / "Nigerians Did Not Elect You As A Friday President" - Fayose To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by PurityPhils(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ekiti state governor and Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governor’s Forum, Ayodele Fayose has revealed why he did not attend the meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and the State Governors in Abuja.

ALEDEH recalls that the President met thirty five (35) State Governors at the Council Chambers of the State House in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital Friday afternoon.

However, Fayose who has been seen as President Buhari’s number one critic, was notable absent during the meeting, which got tongue wagging that the governor snubbed the meeting with the President.

But reacting to the allegation on Friday evening in series of tweets, Fayose said he was installed as the Apesin of Ado Ekiti today and could not have missed the event for the impromptu meeting with President Buhari.

Making his stand known on Twitter, the Ekiti state governor wrote: “For those insinuating that I shunned d President’s meeting with govs, I didn’t. I had my installation as Apesin of Ado Ekiti slated for today.

Read More: https://aledeh.com/ekiti-people-come-first-before-impromptu-meeting-with-the-president-fayose/

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Desyner: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Why waste time and money on someone you sponsored his obituary in 2015 when you can buy and share kpónmó to Ekiti people? Nice excuse if it increases your IGR.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by madone: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
This guy had guts the type I admire

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Pcharles2(m): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
He did well by not attending the meeting. He would've been humbled.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by earldoyex(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
Lame excuse. If it were 2 be national pomo and boli dem wan share, e go get tym go.
Rubbish, in Ajebotoon voice (Buhari will does finish him).

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by earldoyex(m): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pcharles2:
He did well by not attending the meeting. He would've been humbled.
Lemme act like I understand U. Wu wan humble am, after e don carry I'm sara pass mosalashi

HUMILIATED I guess
Uuuuuseless man...in Area Voice

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by ojun50(m): 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Buhari need to try hard fayose is stubborn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
Fayose is simply too ashamed to eat the humble pie given his prediction of Baba coming back home in q body bag didn't come to pass.

For all his braggadocio and antics, the same Ekiti people stand as the biggest losers.

The governors who honoured the call aren't fools, not like i have much respect for any of them, except Ambode.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by SalamRushdie: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Fayose is not an employee of Buhari , he was employed by the people of Ekiti state so Ekiti comes first ..instead of holding FEC meeting Buhari preffered to hold a homage paying and allegiance ceremony with governors and party leaders as if Nigeria is an Emirate..Our constitution has no place for homage paying ceremonies as such things can only be found in Monarchies and Emirates.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Oblang(m): 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
ojun50:
Buhari need to try hard fayose is stubborn

And does it look like buhari cares?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Fayose is not an employee of Buhari , he was employed by the people of Ekiti state so Ekiti comes first ..instead of holding FEC meeting Buhari preffered to hold a homage paying and allegiance ceremony with governors and party leaders as if Nigeria is an Emirate..Our constitution has no place for homage paying ceremonies as such things can only be found in Monarchies and Emirates.

God bless you! What is this country turning to? Must we all be on the side of the President? Do we really desire a truly Federal system of Government? I solidly stand with Fayose in his decision not to attend the meeting as the President is not God!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by RoyalUc(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations on your installation as Apesin of Ado Ekiti!
You are doing well.
When you become President, a 'Fayose' will be there for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by tuniski: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
Fayose is simply too ashamed to eat the humble pie given his prediction of Baby coming back home in q body bag didn't come to pass.

For all his braggadocio and antics, the same Ekiti people stand as the biggest losers.

The governors who honoured the call aren't fools, not like i have much respect for any of them, except Ambode.
Your hatred for Fayose has blinded you. Stop peddling untrue and outright lie!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by RoyalUc(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:

God bless you! What is this country turning to? Must we all be on the side of the President? Do we really desire a truly Federal system of Government? I solidly stand with Fayose in his decision not to attend the meeting as the President is not God!

No, the President is not God!
Every other Governor attended a meeting with the President except one. Not that it was compulsory for any of them to attend but what impression does that make?
What if they had an important discussion and far reaching decision(s) reached?
Credible opposition and true Federal system of Government ain't achieved by hate.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by tanteta(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
I really admire this man...
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Ekwekwe1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Desyner:
Why waste time and money on someone you sponsored his obituary in 2015 when you can buy and share kpónmó to Ekiti people? Nice excuse if it increases your IGR.

honoring Buhari invitation will not increase Ekiti IGR neither.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
RoyalUc:

No, the President is not God!
Every other Governor attended a meeting with the President except one. Not that it was compulsory for any of them to attend but what impression does that make?
What if they had an important discussion and far reaching decision(s) reached?
Credible opposition and true Federal system of Government ain't achieved by hate.

I see all that the administration is doing since the President's return and I laugh hard at the futility of it all. You do not force love, unity and cohesion on a divided nation by the force of arms! There are genuine and serious grievances and shutting down the expression of the hate won't solve anything. We would only be postponing the evil day! What stops us from addressing and critically resolving our differences? The 2015 elections left in its wake, a deeply divided nation and nothing has been done to heal the wounds and unite the Country. The President/North should not think the critical mass developed by the South on the issue of true Federalism would be shut down just like that.

That being said, I can't help but notice the treachery of all these igbo Governors especially Nyesom Wike who ported so fast to the other side at the slightest opportunity. What a shame. I am sure Gov. Ayo Fayose would learn his lesson not to trust these eastern people as they don't have what it takes to be in opposition. Ayo Fayose, no matter what you sissies say is a strong one man Mopol and he has earned my respect.

All Yoruba sons and daughters should learn from this treachery. Nothing will happen to Ayo Fayose in 2018 by God's grace.
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by ojun50(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Oblang:

And does it look like buhari cares?
he does, Apc does too
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by RoyalUc(m): 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I see all that the administration is doing since the President's return and I laugh hard at the futility of it all. You do not force love, unity and cohesion on a divided nation by the force of arms! There are genuine and serious grievances and shutting down the expression of the hate won't solve anything. We would only be postponing the evil day! What stops us from addressing and critically resolving our differences? The 2015 elections left in its wake, a deeply divided nation and nothing has been done to heal the wounds angry and unite the Country. The President/North should not think the critical mass developed by the South on the issue of true Federalism would be shut down just like that.

That being said, I can't help but notice the treachery of all these igbo Governors especially Nyesom Wike who ported so fast to the other side at the slightest opportunity. What a shame. I am sure Gov. Ayo Fayose would learn his lesson not to trust these eastern people as they don't have what it takes to be in opposition. Ayo Fayose, no matter what you sissies say is a strong one man Mopol and he has earned my respect.

All Yoruba sons and daughters should learn from this treachery. Nothing will happen to Ayo Fayose in 2018 by God's grace.

"What stops us from addressing and critically resolving our differences?"

How do you propose we do that?

"I can't help but notice the treachery of all these igbo Governors especially Nyesom Wike who ported so fast to the other side at the slightest opportunity."

Are you saying it's treachery for other PDP Governors to exercise decorum in their acts while in the opposition and striving to deliver 'good' governance to their people? What exactly has Wike done wrong (to the PDP for now) by relating with others?

Fayose's case is a clear case of hate and we should learn from this because we eventually loose out when we are filled with hate. No body is saying he must love Buhari though but...
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
RoyalUc:

"What stops us from addressing and critically resolving our differences?"

How do you propose we do that?

"I can't help but notice the treachery of all these igbo Governors especially Nyesom Wike who ported so fast to the other side at the slightest opportunity."

Are you saying it's treachery for other PDP Governors to exercise decorum in their acts while in the opposition and striving to deliver 'good' governance to their people? What exactly has Wike done wrong (to the PDP for now) by relating with others?

Fayose's case is a clear case of hate and we should learn from this because we eventually loose out when we are filled with hate. No body is saying he must love Buhari though but...

I don't have any problems with the other PDP Govs. They are mostly igbo Governors and they are not worth the trouble of recognition. Wike however was in cahoots with Fayose on the hard lined posture towards this administration right from the word go. His cozying up to the Presidency of recent is therefore a rude shock and a lesson to Gov. Fayose on how not to rely on a fellow comrade in the trenches. I don't approve of Gov. Fayose's destructive criticism of the President anyways as that borders on hate. It is always better to be decorous while in opposition. I am pleased with Fayose for having the courage to stand alone in this battle and I am hopeful that he will come out unscathed.
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by RoyalUc(m): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I don't have any problems with the other PDP Govs. They are mostly igbo Governors and they are not worth the trouble of recognition. Wike however was in cahoots with Fayose on the hard lined posture towards this administration right from the word go. His cozying up to the Presidency of recent is therefore a rude shock and a lesson to Gov. Fayose on how not to rely on a fellow comrade in the trenches. I don't approve of Gov. Fayose's destructive criticism of the President anyways as that borders on hate. It is always better to be decorous while in opposition. I am pleased with Fayose for having the courage to stand alone in this battle and I am hopeful that he will come out unscathed.

The other PDP Governors are not mostly Igbos.
Prof. Ben Ayade (CRS), Mr. Udom Emmanuel (AKS), Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa (DTS), and those from the West and North. Please don't make it look like an Igbo thing. That would seem being tribalistic.

As for Wike, he was never "cahoots with Fayose on the hard lined posture towards this administration right from the word go." He had never had problems with APC at the national level. His problem/main opposition has been Rotimi Amaechi (which was actually one of the reason he was 'made' Governor of Rivers).

I won't consider it betrayal on his part if he decides not to continue with Fayose's style of opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 26, 2017
He is ashamed to face his failed fake prophecies

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by MalcoImX: 12:39am On Aug 26, 2017
He's simply ashamed of being face to face with one he'd wished death.

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by BabaRamotu1988: 5:48am On Aug 26, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Fayose is simply too ashamed to eat the humble pie given his prediction of Baby coming back home in q body bag didn't come to pass.

[/s]
omenkalistic omenka
chaii it's good to have you back
it has been boring here without you kiss
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by iluvdonjazzy: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2017
Lubish
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Rexnegro(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2017
madone:
This guy had guts the type I admire
Have You ever Thought of the gut without The immunity he's enjoying? well all The gimmicks he's showing is an obvious attempts to deceive people That it's Because he plays opposition that's why pmb comes for him after the immunity expires next year.
Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Basic123: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2017
I now confirmed this man is mad.

so,the Apesin chieftancy title is for the interest of ekiti people?

the stupid coward new about the day of the visit and intentionally fixed the coronation for that day!

mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by herbeedar(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Rexnegro:
Have You ever Thought of the gut without The immunity he's enjoying? well all The gimmicks he's showing is an obvious attempts to deceive people That it's Because he plays opposition that's why pmb comes for him after the immunity expires next year.
Buhari is even diplomatic..... Do this to OBJ and See your allocation seized.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti People Come First Before “impromptu Meeting With The President” – Fayose by Rexnegro(m): 12:39am On Aug 27, 2017
herbeedar:

Buhari is even diplomatic..... Do this to OBJ and See your allocation seized.
I tell You, I Hope buhari deal with him next year

(1) (Reply)

Prayers For Those That Believe In One Nigeria / Why FG Agreed To Pay Victims Of Biafra War N88billion / Why Is Tony Nwoye Not Attaching Buhari Images On His Campaign Posters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.