Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

Dna Test - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dna Test (5074 Views)

When DNA Test Is Not Necessary / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals / Kids Paternity (dna) Test - Do It Secretly Or Inform The Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2010
please is there any way someone can conduct DNA test on his son without his wife concent? here in europe, a good advice is wellcome thanks
Re: Dna Test by madlady(f): 9:44am On Feb 20, 2010
Yes, Go on the net, look for DNA test, you normally need to take a swab from inside the mouth.

You can also take your son to your doctor who will do it for you, you need the permission of the child's mother and they may  charge.
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2010
thanks for the reply but will the net ask for the mother permission too?
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2010
@chaircover thank i have
Re: Dna Test by agathamari(f): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2010
they do have home kits. you recieve supplies in the mail, you mail the swabs back in a few weeks they mail you the results.
Re: Dna Test by microgiant: 10:50am On Feb 20, 2010
coolboy100:

please is there any way someone can conduct DNA test on his son without his wife concent? here in europe, a good advice is wellcome thanks

His main reason for posting and your answer

madlady:

PLEASE TRY TO OBTAIN THE PERMISSION OF THE MOTHER

How have you helped him. Please read and comprehend what is asked before replying posts.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test by madlady(f): 11:00am On Feb 20, 2010
microgiant:

His main reason for posting and your answer

How have you helped him. Please read and comprehend what is asked before replying posts.

He may have second thoughts about not asking that is why I said that, in the UK it is almost impossible to get it done without the permission of both  the mother and father.

Some DNA DIY kits are not 100% percent trustworhty, and can be a total waste of money

Thank you for your advice to me.
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
i will be coming to nigeria very soon can i do the DNA test in nigeria and is yes how much will it cost me? if any body who know someting about it should let me know
Re: Dna Test by Fhemmmy: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2010
We having some doubt?
It is possible, just take some sample and u done
Re: Dna Test by tpiah: 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Dna Test by 28Schweet(f): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2010
cool

coolboy100:

i will be coming to nigeria very soon can i do the DNA test in nigeria and is yes how much will it cost me? if any body who know someting about it should let me know
where is the baby residing, Europe or Nigeria? I'm a bit confused and a little slow on this Friday morning, In any case what would make one doubt the parternity of the 'supposed offspring' especially if one was engaging in sexual activity with the 'other concerned' party at the time of conception,
Re: Dna Test by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2010
28Schweet:

cool
where is the baby residing, Europe or Nigeria? I'm a bit confused and a little slow on this Friday morning, In any case what would make one doubt the parternity of the 'supposed offspring' especially if one was engaging in sexual activity with the 'other concerned' party at the time of conception,

Sometimes, it is better to be sure than to assume
Re: Dna Test by tpiah: 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: Dna Test by Gifo(m): 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
28Schweet:

cool

So many things really, if paternity worries one then by all means no need questioning the reasons, 'cause if it is not cleared the burden of doubt remains.
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Fhemmmy thanks for the advice, what and from who should i take te sample? the baby only or with the mother too,cos my sample will be taking in the hospital i guess?
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
@28Schweet  where is the baby residing, Europe or Nigeria? I'm a bit confused and a little slow on this Friday morning, In any case what would make one doubt the parternity,                            the baby is in Europe, cos when you look at your baby he or she dose not look like you complextion,head nose mouth everything, to be sure is better than asuming, right?
Re: Dna Test by Travelista(f): 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
OP, I'd very very careful and try to get the DNA test done with the mother being aware. If you take the child to Nigeria and get the test done behind her back, you find the child isn't yours and Mama's not in Nigeria with your guys, she can retaliate by accusing you of kidnapping. BE CAREFUL and BE WISE. I don't know about Europe but here, you need the mother's permission to swab the babe's mouth; go behind her back and Hell can break loose.

As you've already been advised: be very sure of what you will do if the results come back. If you are the child's father, you will always know that you doubted your own flesh and blood. If aren't. . .you're reaction could be dangerous. Did you sign the birth certificate because there have been cases of men signing the papers, finding they aren't the dads and then STILL having to pay child support because they have taken legal responsibility for the child from birth. Out of curiosity, is the mother of your child also Nigerian?
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
I'd be very careful before taking steps to perform a DNA test, with or without the mother's consent. The results, be they positive or negative, could have disastrous consequences. I'm not sure how old your child is, and how long he's called you father.

If the results came back negative, what will you do? Cut him off? Sometimes, it's best to leave well alone, and avoid opening a can of worms. Once all hell breaks loose, remember, there's no going back.

Best of luck, whatever you decide.
Re: Dna Test by mutter(f): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2010
i think he has a right to know if the child is really his or not. Every mother knows she is the mother, why should the man not know? It would certainly be devastating but better than living in a fools paradise.
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2010
mutter:

i think he has a right to know if the child is really his or not. Every mother knows she is the mother, why should the man not know? It would certainly be devastating but better than living in a fools paradise.

I think there's a lot that's been unsaid here by the original poster.

What are the circumstances surrounding the conception and birth of his son? Something must have happened to cast doubt in his mind, sure every man has the right to know, but it's not the norm, to take paternity tests, unless there are mitigating circumstances surrounding conception and birth.
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
thanks for the reply, i will take my time and do it, and if the baby is not my baby, i will keep the baby and send her home, cos the baby did noting wrong in to coming into the world that way, but if the baby is my, i will not show her the test, and the story end there.
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2010
coolboy100:

thanks for the reply, i will take my time and do it, and if the baby is not my baby, i will keep the baby and send her home

I don't know where you live, but it's very unlikely you could keep the baby, and send the mother packing. What claim would you have over a baby that's not yours? If the baby turns out not to be yours, the only way you'll be able to keep him / her, and play a role in his / her life, would be if the mother stayed with you.

coolboy100:

if the baby is my, i will not show her the test, and the story end there.

You come across as very arrogant - you wish to hide the fact you didn't trust your wife, despite a DNA test proving you're the biological father of the baby, and you were wrong to doubt her all along? undecided

Shakes head in confuzzlement.
Re: Dna Test by luap: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2010
U distrust her? How come? What did she do?
Re: Dna Test by coolboy100(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
i trusted her i did everything a man can do to make his wife happy, but when you out to work do you know what she do at your back? and now i have a baby that dose not look like me, in anyway and you are asking me what she did to me, think if you are in my shoe?
Re: Dna Test by tpiah: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^in what way doesnt the baby look like you?
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
coolboy100:

i trusted her i did everything a man can do to make his wife happy, but when you out to work do you know what she do at your back? and now i have a baby that dose not look like me, in anyway and you are asking me what she did to me, think if you are in my shoe?

Good Lord! I thought you had a concrete reason for demanding a DNA test. So, just because you work, and your wife's a housewife, you distrust her that much, simply because your son doesn't look like you? If this is your reason, then honestly, I think you would have been better off if you hadn't gotten married to your wife in the first place.

A child can either:

1) Look like the mother.
2) Look like the father.
3) Look like both.
4) Look like none (so will look like someone else in the family, either mum or dad's side).

You can't blame your wife, if your genes weren't strong enough to be immediately apparent in your childs features. I don't know how old your son is, but it's possible as he grows, his features may become more defined.

Right now, you wife's done nothing wrong, all she's guilty of is bearing you a son.

2 Likes

Re: Dna Test by WhiteOne(f): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2010
What is the big deal about the DNA test?

I am a mother, too and if my partner would ask me for something like this, I would NOT have a problem with it, if I do not sleep around.
The behind the back thing is worring me! Why you do not ask the mother and both of you go to the G.P together and get it done.

This is not big deal! And people should not start to talk about trust ect. It is better in live, if mother and father are sure of it.
If there is a doubt, this doubt might poison relationship and the Baba will start to hate the child and the mother. It is far worster.
Re: Dna Test by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ Whiteone: You seem very ignorant here - so, if your husband did a DNA test on your child, behind your back, you'd feel that was remotely "normal"? Read properly, and better still, C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-D. This guy is not asking his wife for a DNA test, he's looking to have the test carried out without his wife's knowledge.

How normal is that, bearing in mind, his only reason being, "He works, and she's at home all day"?
Re: Dna Test by ada24: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
this man sounds ignorant.

1) doubting the paternity cos the baby doesn't look like you - is this man for real. Didn't you study biology in school? this is not a good enough reason to doubt

2) ur out at work all day and ur wife is at home - i cannot even reply to that

3) u will take care of the child if its not yours - i think u have been watching too many mbc2 movies if i were u i would sop watching the hallmark channel and get yourself up to speed with law - if the child is not yours biologically in Europe the mother is the only one that give give u permission to have sole responsibility of that child - where do u think u are back home with ur ummuna, by the time that women puts a court order banning u from seeing that child ur eyes will open up fast.

if ur doubting the paternity sit ur wife down - voice ur concerns and see what she says - better still start with testing ur own fertility b4 jumping on the woman - typical bush male behaviour of Nigerian men always pointing the finger at the women b4 using their brains

1 Like

Re: Dna Test by WhiteOne(f): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2010
I did not like the behind the back thingy and i stated this!
On the other hand i would not have a problem with the DNA test as such!
I am not ignorant, i am just realisic and told them to get it over with.
If he starts to hate her or the child, he might get brutal with them or just make a runner.
The test is the smallest evil.
Re: Dna Test by abaeli: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
pls where can I do DNA test in Nigeria and what is the cost or in South Africa?

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Visited Your Sister And Saw Her Husband Doing This To Her, What Would You Do / Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos / I Lost My Precious Brother Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.