Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend (1992 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / 'I Waited Until My Wedding Night To Lose My Virginity And I Wish I Hadn’'t / I Waited Until My Wedding Night To Lose My Virginity And I Wish I Hadn’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by negrok: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
please how could I improve on my spoken English? I find it difficult to speak good English and this has been a bone of contention between my boyfriend and I since he discovered I can't really speak good english. He said he will end the relationship if I don't improve on or before he graduate in 2011. And this is the man I've been dating even before he gained admission in 2007. I love him so much and don't want to lose him. Oh! I'm not an illiterate. I am in ND 11(PT) But I just find it uphill to use the words correctly. Please ignore my write-up. my knowledge of english is just too bad that I even feel ashamed whenever I'm out of line.
My relationship is at the verge of collapse. What do I do? Please help me. Thanks. It's a real promblem.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by skittles18(f): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
wow i would dumb him that's not a relationship
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by jenibayo(f): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2010
But u can write very gud, if u can write like dis u can also learn how to speak english by using de words to learn.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by poshangel: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2010
@poster
look on the bright side, u are obviously not that bad compared to skittles who will "dumb" him. Its not rocket science, if u put some effort into improving ur english am sure it ll get better, 2011 is 10 months away. thats enough time.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by SIRBANYE(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
@poster. First and foremost stop speaking pidgin, that would help in the long run. If your boyfriend loves you as much as you do, he should take the pains to correct you when ever you go wrong, not threaten you with a breakup.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by googles: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
[size=13pt]awww. , . . .i dont blame ur boyfriend really, not evryone can stand pple who cant speak well but since you guys have been together for so long he shouldn't be dat harsh on you,  the first step to solving the problem is the one you ve taken, acknowledging the problem,it gets easier from there, buy english texts,read novels, read dailies, watch english speaking movies {if possible throw all ur nollywood films outta the window }, interact more in english {stay off your dialect for a while} , when pple correct you dont get angry take to their correction and read more i think with these you should be able to improve

goodluck with ur boyfie swty  wink[/size]
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by skfa1: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
Sorry poster, i feel for you. But u can type it down correctly now. Just try to say it out the way u typed it down.

If not for this colonisation of a thing will i be speaking english? for real i will be speaking my yoruba falala falala.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Tatase(f): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]awww. ,  . . .i dont blame your boyfriend really, not evryone can stand pple who cant speak well but since you guys have been together for so long he shouldn't be dat harsh on you,  the first step to solving the problem is the one you ve taken, acknowledging the problem,it gets easier from there, buy english texts,read novels, read dailies, watch english speaking movies {if possible throw all your nollywood films outta the window }, interact more in english {stay off your dialect for a while} , when pple correct you dont get angry take to their correction and read more i think with these you should be able to improve

goodluck with your boyfie swty  wink[/size]

I agree completely!! But don't just do it for the boy. Do it for yourself, improving your English will also be beneficial to you, irrespective of your guy situation.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by skfa1: 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]awww. , . . .i dont blame your boyfriend really, not evryone can stand pple who cant speak well but since you guys have been together for so long he shouldn't be dat harsh on you,  the first step to solving the problem is the one you ve taken, acknowledging the problem,it gets easier from there, buy english texts,read novels, read dailies, watch english speaking movies {if possible throw all your nollywood films outta the window }, interact more in english {stay off your dialect for a while} , when pple correct you dont get angry take to their correction and read more i think with these you should be able to improve

goodluck with your boyfie swty  wink[/size]

I agree with u too, my ex GF (Japanese) who cant even speak english at all when she came, now she is speaking proper english.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by jenibayo(f): 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
Me i cant really speak gud english but am just learnin, so girl try ur best and do it for urself and not for de guy.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2010
@ Poster,

As googles already said, you should try to read a lot - short stories and novels,  Also you should start watching news on say CNN just to hear how the reporters speak,  Get a dictionary, learn new words and read them out loud to yourself. Stop with the pidgin for a while too.

Goodluck.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
@poster
well i suggest you go back to school and try to improve your english through different courses that could help you instead of wasting valuable time here.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by skfa1: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
well i suggest you go back to school and try to improve your english through different courses that could help you instead of wasting valuable time here.

Na u need spec, she said she is in ND 11(PT)
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
If he's with you because of your English and says he'll leave you because it's not good enough for him, then you yourself should question why you're with him and why he's with you. You should work on your English because it's something you want to do for yourself because it'll better you as person, not because of someone pressuring you to do so. And quite frankly, your English, judging from what you wrote, is perfect. You write very well  smiley. Of course, as with anything else, there's always room for improvement. Read more: novels, or anything else readable in English. And as Googles pointed out, watch English-speaking movies more. And speak it as often as you can -because the only way to get better is through practice, and this goes for any other language and anything else you're trying to improve on -not just English. As for your boyfriend, I think it's time you reconsider your relationship with him. Anyone who's threatening to end a relationship because of something as petty as this doesn't love you. And maybe he does and this's his way of showing you and pulling you to get better. If that's really the case, I don't think he should be going about it that way. He should be encouraging you and maybe even helping you to get better, not putting you down or saying he'll leave you.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
skfa1:

Na u need spec, she said she is in ND 11(PT)

well i guess that didnt help her much on her language skills and she needs to make some IMPROVEMENTS if she wants to go down the aisle with this guy.

there are thousands of LANGUAGE SKILLS COURSES out there that, obviously, she doesnt know about.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Chubhie: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
I dey feel your pain. You need to believe in urself and dig deep, and then we will al be proud of you one day. Itz in you.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by maximized(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2010
IMO, this is an attention seeking thread. I mean, you can’t write what you can’t speak but you can speak what you can’t write. Because I have seen many folks that speak fluently but they can’t replicate same in writing.

If at all the poster is saying the truth then I will advise she jettison him no matter how deep she loves him. If I may ask, does the success of relationships nowadays dependent on your partners’ ability to speak english fluently? This is what my mum calls ¨outright gibberish¨.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Scooby1(m): 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2010
negro_k:

I am Emmanuel by name. I need a-well-bahaved lady that is ready for a serious relationship that might lead to marriage. She must be between the ages of 18 and 22 . Any interested lady could reach me on 08038505585.  NO FLASHING PLEASE! Night call is welcomed.

@Poster u dey try, in this post u are a man looking for a woman  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Now you are a woman  whose bf wants to dump. NL una go kill person with all these lies.
Clown  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2010
@ poster

You can start by speaking slowly, so you get the time to think of the words and the right grammar. Sometimes people get nervous when speaking or they try to speak fast.

Take your time, because you can write it so well. A mind that can write such a nice English can also learn how to speak it without flaws. smiley
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by googles: 12:11am On Feb 21, 2010
Scooby1:

@Poster u dey try, in this post u are a man looking for a woman grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Now you are a woman whose bf wants to dump. NL una go kill person with all these lies.
Clown grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]now i am officially confused !!!!!

chei !! i hope you are a girl true true o after all my sermon

you had berra be a chic, babez[/size]
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by maximized(m): 12:16am On Feb 21, 2010
Scooby1:

@Poster u dey try, in this post u are a man looking for a woman grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Now you are a woman whose bf wants to dump. NL una go kill person with all these lies.
Clown grin grin grin grin grin grin

I laugh in English. So i was right.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Scooby1(m): 12:16am On Feb 21, 2010
googles:

[size=15pt]now i am officially confused !!!!!

chei !!  i hope you are a girl true true o after all my sermon

you had berra be a chic, babez[/size]

@Poster na hermaphrodite   lipsrsealed
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Akebulan: 1:39am On Feb 21, 2010
negro_k:

please how could I improve on my spoken English? I find it difficult to speak good English and this has been a bone of contention between my boyfriend and I since he discovered I can't really speak good english. He said he will end the relationship if I don't improve on or before he graduate in 2011. And this is the man I've been dating even before he gained admission in 2007. I love him so much and don't want to lose him. Oh! I'm not an illiterate. I am in ND 11(PT) But I just find it uphill to use the words correctly. Please ignore my write-up. my knowledge of english is just too bad that I even feel ashamed whenever I'm out of line.
My relationship is at the verge of collapse. What do I do? Please help me. Thanks. It's a real promblem.

You sure as hell can type English well enough
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by dbigsten: 5:43am On Feb 21, 2010
hey seriously that is nt true love relationship gal if he loves u like u said so y cant he put up wit for the est of his life and ur written english is realy good which gives room 4 improvement,if by 2011 u dont improve and he still insist on a breakup pllllsssssssssssss let him go.good luk smiley
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by eddy42k(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2011
stop talkin wen eva he s around
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Mynd44: 9:59am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^
Guy the OP has probably had about 5 BFs since then
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Arkhin(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2011
Quote from: negro_k on October 01, 2009, 09:56 PM
I am Emmanuel by name. I need a-well-bahaved lady that is ready for a serious relationship that might lead to marriage. She must be between the ages of 18 and 22 . Any interested lady could reach me on 08038505585. NO FLASHING PLEASE! Night call is welcomed

@Poster u dey try, in this post u are a man looking for a woman Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. Now you are a woman whose bf wants to dump. NL una go kill person with all these lies.
Clown Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dvoid(0); gringrin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am About To Lose My Boyfriend by Smilenw(f): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2011
Clearly somebody is bored !
OP,
Next time when you come up with these kind of stories, try to include some spelling/grammatical mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Have A Right To Be Angry / Valuable Advice For The Men. He That Has Ears . . / Still Love Her But Can't Date Her :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.