Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals (1218 Views)

Coronavirus: No To 5G In Nigeria - Dino Melaye Tells FG / Iam Now A Biafran Am Tired Of Injustice Of Nigeria- Dino Melaye / Dino Melaye Reveals Oshiomhole, Fayemi And Badaru Plans In Kogi Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals
247nigerianewsupdate.co

Dino Melaye, senator representing Kogi west senatorial district, has said that he and other political elites are responsible for the poverty and hunger in the country.

The controversial Kogi senator stated this while speaking as one of the panelists at The Osasu Show Symposium in Abuja, themed ‘The new economy and its impact on less privilege citizens’, over the weekend.

Melaye said politics being played by the elite is responsible for poverty and hunger in Nigeria, and both ills have no political party.

“When you speak the truth, you die, when you lie, you die; so it is better to speak the truth and die. I may sound very unpopular but I will speak the truth. Apart from militocracy, politics is responsible for poverty and hunger in Nigeria,” Melaye said.

“Unfortunately, we the leaders, myself inclusive, have failed this nation and have failed the younger generation — myself inclusive. The reason why we are where we are today is because there is a disconnect between leadership and followership.

“As I speak to you, the problem why we are where we are is because of trust. There is no trust between the governed and those governing.

“Once there is no trust between the followership and the leadership, it will definitely have a negative concomitant effect on the economy, and every other facet of our national life.”

Melaye added that the ills facing Nigeria have no political party, and must be tackled by everyone.

“Hunger and poverty have no political party, hunger and poverty have no religion. To have brought people to discuss on the line of APC or PDP is not correct, because the poor PDP man and the poor APC man all go to the same market,” he said.

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2017/08/how-i-contributed-to-hunger-and-poverty.html

Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
By CHRIST
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
Cc lalasticlala
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Correcting
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by positivelord: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thats courageous of him...but he did not suggest any clear way out
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
positivelord:

Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by fyneguy: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
crap

There's nothing articulate about that statement.

No substance.
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 6:16am On Aug 29, 2017
Nigeria is indeed great
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by BUHARItesticles: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2017
True confession. Sincerely this administration is worse that the previous as they don't put the masses in their equation. Internal revolution has started
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by DabLord: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Please just gimme your lamborghinigrin... I will never disturb the FG againshocked
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by ticker(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2017
I no know why I no dey feel this man at all
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by mars123(m): 7:55am On Aug 29, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
True confession. Sincerely this administration is worse that the previous as they don't put the masses in their equation. Internal revolution has started
which previous administration, which equation, which internal revolution?

There seems to be a lot going on in your igbotic mind.
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2017

mars123:
which previous administration, which equation, which internal revolution?

There seems to be a lot going on in your igbotic mind.
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2017
positivelord:
Re: How I Contributed To Hunger and Poverty In Nigeria – Dino Melaye Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Don’t Deserve What They Are Demanding From Buhari – Idahosa / Ex-ondo Governor Mimiko & His Daughter Bibitayo Dance At Her Wedding(pics,video) / Nigeria Will Be On Fire If Jonathan Is Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.