Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. (2911 Views)

Falana: Border Closure And Hate Speech Bill Are Illegal / They All Say They Want To Be President. The PDP Top 11! / Buhari accused Of Genocide, Tribalism And Religious Sentiments by France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by RoyalUc(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
Singing~~~

Nigeeriaaa!
A people united...a future asured.
Join hands let's take Nigeria higher!

I pledge to Nigeria my Country.
To be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria with all my strength.
To defend her unity.
And uphold her honor and glory.
So help me God!
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
So, what is wrong with Tribalism? What is wrong with a person loving his tribe more than any other tribe? How is it wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by BetaThings: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
xcolanto:
Mumu thread!
Where was you when APC was campaigning and speaking authoritatively with hate speech and tribalism??
You must have change your moniker to please your pay masters up north!
Una never see anything! After using such inhumane techniques to come ontop your now hoping it goes away!
Karma now lives in Nigeria!
For the universal law States " whatever a man sows that he shall reap".
Deal with it!!

I am challenging you
Prove that APC was guilty of same!

These are your party's deeds

Hate?
Have you forgotten?
- Religious difference
- Ethnic division
- Outright campaign of calumny etc
were unleashed by Jonathan/Sambo's PDP and even Patience Jonathan
And you still persist in your falsehood

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/ait-apologises-over-the-real-buhari-documentary/
http://www.younewsng.com/2016/02/05/150bn-suitdokpesi-apologises-to-tinubu-over-aits-damaging-documentary-during-election/
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198019-tinubu-withdraws-suit-ait-apology-embarrassing-documentary.html

Patience Jonathan showing love?
Our people no dey born children wey dem no dey count. Our men no dey born throw way for street; we no dey like people from the other side

“Anybody that comes and tells you change, stone that person. Anybody that tells you change, tell that person, carry your change and get away,”

Vote for my husband, Jonathan. Do not vote for Buhari. He is an old man. People when they become old may not reason well and their brain may even be dead

Wetin him dey find again? Him dey drag with him pikin mate. Old man wey no get brain, him brain don die pata pata

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/175617-nigeria-2015-jonathan-visits-oyedepos-winners-chapel.html
http://realnewsmagazine.net/politics/president-jonathans-church-tourism/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRCnlcQC0I
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by deedeedee1: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
So, what is wrong with Tribalism? What is wrong with a person loving his tribe more than any other tribe? How is it wrong?
Dont mind the op

2 Likes

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dongreat:
Dear Nairalander and True Nigerians,

Let us please come together to ignore every tribalist on this forum and not reply their tribalism with tribalism but with silence. Trust me that's the way we can beat tribalist.

I know it hurts insulting your lineage but PLEASE IGNORE THEM
IGNORE THEM and watch as our silence kill them inside and drive them mad.

They may end up creating more monicker to reply themselves, still IGNORE and in the end OUR COLLECTIVE SILENCE will make a fool of them.

Tribalism gave birth to nepotism in this country, Nigeria and everyone is affected because we played deaf to it. Now it's taking over our innocent children and soon we will be nothing because our house is divided

Every sane and educated person, please copy and paste along your text on Nairaland let everybody see it and let's KILL CYBER TRIBALISM TOGETHER.

Together we can achieve greater things but apart we will continue to wallow in hate, regrets and backwardness we all are experiencing now. Enough of this madness.

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM AND HATE SPEECH

Thanks for cooperating

Cc: Mr SEUN, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Farano
Good one, kudos. But remove the word "true" from the True Nigerians if you truly hope to win souls. " Nigerians " will just do.
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by odduduwa: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
mpianya39:
Maka why na angry angry angry
Thunder scatter yoruba muslim Insha'Allah angry angry angry
Thunder scatter Tinubu insha'allah angry angry angry
Thunder scatter buhari hanger shoulder angry angry angryInsha'Allah
Thunder scatter mere commissioner insha'allah angry angry angry
I de my house for Aba come and arrest me cool
I dey faulks road oooo
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by odduduwa: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dongreat:

I don't debate with a person whose heart is filled of differences for his fellow country men yet would not hesitate to lick the bottom of a white man for greener pastures. You want a debate then purge yourself of hate, tribalism and division.
You and your fellow tribal bigots won't drag the names of the good people in Nigeria to the mud. In every country there are black sheeps and enemies within but the people who love themselves regardless of nepotism and tribal diversity will be heard.
We all want the time when even men are given luxuries because of nepotism will reject it because his neighbors are not not treated the same as they are of different tribe and beliefs.
NO. Enough of this madness.

IBO, YORUBA, and HAUSA youth coming together will be a force to superhead a sane and loving society.

Too much hate, too much tribal bigotry, too much self inflicted sufferings.

WE ARE NIGERIANS FIRST BEFORE TRIBES OR RELIGION.
nonsense WE ARE WHAT? NIGERIA pls that is another name for word Zoo where monkeys and baboons live and please I am IGBO and not a fucking member of a useless shit called Nigeria a.k.a the zoo

1 Like

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by xcolanto(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
BetaThings:

[s]I am challenging you
Prove that APC was guilty of same!

These are your party's deeds

Hate?
Have you forgotten?
- Religious difference
- Ethnic division
- Outright campaign of calumny etc
were unleashed by Jonathan/Sambo's PDP and even Patience Jonathan
And you still persist in your falsehood

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/ait-apologises-over-the-real-buhari-documentary/
http://www.younewsng.com/2016/02/05/150bn-suitdokpesi-apologises-to-tinubu-over-aits-damaging-documentary-during-election/
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198019-tinubu-withdraws-suit-ait-apology-embarrassing-documentary.html

Patience Jonathan showing love?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/175617-nigeria-2015-jonathan-visits-oyedepos-winners-chapel.html
http://realnewsmagazine.net/politics/president-jonathans-church-tourism/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRCnlcQC0I[/s]

Trash from an unrepentant zombie!
Keep fooling yourself, you don't know the election campaigns are over.
If your still talking about PDP in 2017 then your a long thing.
Run along now...your ignored#
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by RoyalUc(m): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

When a person loves his tribe more than other tribes, the result is what we have in Nigeria today.
I want to believe you've never complained about what is happening in Nigeria.
If it is not wrong, why the cry of marginization among various groups in Nigeria?
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by deedeedee1: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Good one, kudos. But remove the word "true" from the True Nigerians if you truly hope to win souls. " Nigerians " will just do.
Wake me up when a Yoruba man will reason well

3 Likes

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
RoyalUc:

When a person loves his tribe more than other tribes, the result is what we have in Nigeria today.
I want to believe you've never complained about what is happening in Nigeria.
If it is not wrong, why the cry of marginization among various groups in Nigeria?
What is wrong in a person loving his tribe more than Nigeria? What is wrong in loving my family more then other families? Is it wrong to love your state more than other states in Nigeria? You are confusing stupidity with Tribalism.
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by RoyalUc(m): 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
What is wrong in a person loving his tribe more than Nigeria? Why is wrong in living my family more then other families? Is it wrong to love your state more than other states in Nigeria? You are confusing stupidity with Tribalism.

You love your family more. I love my family move. I am given #100,000 to be shared by both families, what should I do?

True is, I can't possibly love your family more than I love my family.
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by ayagha: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Too little too late. Nigerian nepotism is beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
RoyalUc:

You love your family more. I love my family move. I am given #100,000 to be shared by both families, what should I do?

True is, I can't possibly love your family more than I love my family.
That's the same with Tribalism. When given 100,000 to share equally you share equally. Any attempt at cheating is not tribalism but wickedness. What this thread confuses with Tribalism is stupidity and wickedness. Do Patriots by virtue of being patriots hate citizens of other countries? And when they do, is that part of Patriotism or simple stupidity and hatred? Do we then advise people to shun patriotism?

2 Likes

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by Okoroawusa: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
IF WE DNT KILL TRIBALISM,TRIBALISM WILL KILL US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by RoyalUc(m): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
That's the same with Tribalism. When given 100,000 to share equally you share equally. Any attempt at cheating is not tribalism but wickedness. What this thread confuses with Tribalism is stupidity and wickedness. Do Patriots by virtue of being patriots hate citizens of other countries? And when they do, is that part of Patriotism or simple stupidity and hatred? Do we then advise people to shun patriotism?

I guess we are saying thesame thing just a minor disagreement.
As a matter of fact, tribalism is the state of living together in tribes.
What I've been trying to get at is that, Nigeria has many tribes and in many instances (in our context), the love for our tribes had lead to nepotism. Or should I say, our leaders had been accused of nepotism. I guess you know what that does to our national unity because that breeds distrust.
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2017
RoyalUc:

I guess we are saying thesame thing just a minor disagreement.
As a matter of fact, tribalism is the state of living together in tribes.
What I've been trying to get at is that, Nigeria has many tribes and in many instances (in our context), the love for our tribes had lead to nepotism. Or should I say, our leaders had been accused of nepotism. I guess you know what that does to our national unity because that breeds distrust.
I understand you better now. But I still disagree. Our love for our tribe doesn't lead to nepotism. What leads to nepotism is our ignorance.

Love for family is too complete to lead to anything negative. This love is the only thing that wouldn't lead to anything hurtful or bad. We confuse these things.

Will we be nepotistic if we know it is a matter of life and death? Will we prefer a quack doctor who is our brother to handle our health when there is a good doctor from another place?

It all boils down to ignorance and stupidity. If we are well informed on the consequences of actions and believe in goodness, we wouldn't be that stupid.

What does it even mean to be a detribalized Nigerian? What does that really mean? What is the Nigerian identity for which a person should ditch his to embrace?
Re: Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. by RoyalUc(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=Sapiosexuality post=59927020]I understand you better now. But I still disagree. Our love for our tribe doesn't lead to nepotism. What leads to nepotism is our ignorance.

Love for family is too complete to lead to anything negative. This love is the only thing that wouldn't lead to anything hurtful or bad. We confuse these things.

Will we be nepotistic if we know it is a matter of life and death? Will we prefer a quack doctor who is our brother to handle our health when there is a good doctor from another place?

It all boils down to ignorance and stupidity. If we are well informed on the consequences of actions and believe in goodness, we wouldn't be that stupid.

What does it even mean to be a detribalized Nigerian? What does that really mean? What is the Nigerian identity for which a person should ditch his to embrace? [/quot

You are just too good!

"Love for family is too complete to lead to anything negative."
Now, you hold on to this while I hold on to it. And then we have limited resource for our survival.
I'll want my family to survive first at all cost and you will definitely want same for your family. What will be the outcome?

It is also possible for me to love your family as well as I love my family, i.e., realizing that, just as I want my family to survive, you also want your family to survive. In this case my action will be different. I'll show more understanding, tolerance and forbearance.

The natural man finds it hard to do this. I think that is where your idea of "it all boils down to ignorance and stupidity" lies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Rerun & The 13th Law Of Power / Jubilation As Sanwo-olu Visits LSDPC Headquarters. PICS / See Why Buhari Will Defeat Atiku On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.