Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC (15878 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Welcomme: 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
chris31:

Its not about relocating back to Lagos opportunity is everywhere but its all about getting help thats the reason i am pleading to my fellow country men
You will get the help very soon by his grace. All the best.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Daddy, does Dangote have two heads? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by damzy88: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
pweetiedee:

Good question for the parents.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by beadayme(m): 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
An easy life has never produced a successful person ...

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by captainD567: 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
Kfed4ril:
I have an iPhone 5 for sale. Works perfectly but screen is faulty and will need replacing apart from that nothing else.
It's going for 35k and location is Abuja, hit me up if interested 07065981947
we live in this world with alot of crazy ppl and psychopaths- lucky dube

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by tosyne2much(m): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
pweetiedee:
You dare not say that, else, he will kick your ass out of the house cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Zimri:

It is not easy it is not easy. It can never be easy in this country. Na true talk. Else you will end up building your matrimonial home in your father's house

Don't stay at home after service. Go and start your life whether rugged or not.

You earn more respect for yourself by not staying at home.
you are very right

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2017
chris31:

Its not about relocating back to Lagos opportunity is everywhere but its all about getting help thats the reason i am pleading to my fellow country men
lagos is a land of bountiful opportunities

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2017
To avoid being unemployed or being idle after service, start preparing very hard before service runs out, just have that positive mindset that you won't be unemployed, if you can visit coys during service, please do!.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Danchibez: 1:50am On Aug 29, 2017
Welcomme:
I won't advise any graduate (guy) to still stay with his parents after service.. The pressure will be too much. I myself is unemployed presently but I ain't staying with my mum. I only go there weekends to pay them visit. Even at that, the pressure they put has stopped me from going there every weekend. But I just like my mumcy, she does some 'waka' I don't even know about... She will just call and say "go and meet this man". But last last, Na hustle and street still dey help guys presently. It has not been easy but we will make it one day. That I believe! Nigeria is no longer a country for the youth but with God, we shall surely scale through.

''Nigeria no longer a country 4 d youths'' that's y d right groups r seriously demanding 4 power devolution, referendum, and resources control in order to right d wrong in dis scam called Nigeria
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mctowel01: 4:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Zimri:

It is not easy it is not easy. It can never be easy in this country. Na true talk. Else you will end up building your matrimonial home in your father's house

Don't stay at home after service. Go and start your life whether rugged or not.

You earn more respect for yourself by not staying at home.
As crazy as it sounds, its very true. Sometimes, people are so stuck in the comfort, that they can't develop themselves
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Smartjob1(f): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2017
6. Look for a job like your life depends on it or create one with whatever you have.

Well, still looking for that dream job? www. bejite.com has the solution to it. Sign up and stand the chance to land that dream job after connecting to your favourite employers, job seekers, business mentors and partners. It is free!

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pacespot(m): 6:24am On Aug 29, 2017
People keep saying you shouldn't stay with your parents after NYSC. What of if the kind of work you're presently doing requires you to stay with your parents. Like blogging where you have access to good internet and electricity in your parents' house. Or a retail business where your business location is close to their house.

I think the whole formula that moving out of your parents' house after NYSC is the best option depends on individuals. If your parents are understanding types, then you'll have no problem staying with them and assist with whatever you can, instead of staying away from them doing unproductive activities that wouldn't bring growths to your career journey.

I don't have problems staying with my mother once in a while I'm around. The problem is the busy-body neighbours that like to always ask her "where your son is working?" Thank god our house has a gate and a very tall fence. I lock the shitty visitors out each time I'm around. People wouldn't mind their business in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Welcomme:
I won't advise any graduate (guy) to still stay with his parents after service.. The pressure will be too much. I myself is unemployed presently but I ain't staying with my mum. I only go there weekends to pay them visit. Even at that, the pressure they put has stopped me from going there every weekend. But I just like my mumcy, she does some 'waka' I don't even know about... She will just call and say "go and meet this man". But last last, Na hustle and street still dey help guys presently. It has not been easy but we will make it one day. That I believe! Nigeria is no longer a country for the youth but with God, we shall surely scale through.

With things the way they are and no hope or any bright future insight, things will not change. We need to be truthful, things will keep getting bad in Nigeria and it is frightening.
Sadly I do not have any solution rather do I see one in the near future
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by kaymart: 6:39am On Aug 29, 2017
Welcomme:
Relocate back to Lagos....PH doesn't have much to offer.

same here...

I relocated back to Ogun state. Lagos isn't gonna work, so Ogun was my best shot.

PH is over hyped.

Though i love d experience at Nonwa Gbam Tai camp during the orientation exercise.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 6:40am On Aug 29, 2017
Well said
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Nice

But parents should understand that getting a job isn't really easy especially in this country

I sensed it cud be d mhizzAJ I know.... Do u live n lag n studied in Enugu?
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Ijebusomaada: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by MhizzAJ(f): 7:04am On Aug 29, 2017
mykel25:

I sensed it cud be d mhizzAJ I know.... Do u live n lag n studied in Enugu?

cheesy
I live in lag but i don't think u know me except u re using another moniker cheesy
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 7:16am On Aug 29, 2017
MhizzAJ:

cheesy
I live in lag but i don't think u know me except u re using another moniker cheesy

I asked two questions jor... D second one is a vital one to know if Ure who I think.... I've just one moniker.... Or are u familiar with the name BORGMICHAEL
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 29, 2017
This post is perhaps the best advice of the day. God bless the the poster. The raw truth is that getting jobs this days in Naija no be beans, unlike before...especially with d whole issues of nepotism, favouritism and d likes. May God help the Nigerian youths...
Best of luck to all the graduates and non graduates searching for jobs. The gud God will soon put a smile in our faces.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by MhizzAJ(f): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2017
mykel25:

I asked two questions jor... D second one is a vital one to know if Ure who I think.... I've just one moniker.... Or are u familiar with the name BORGMICHAEL

Am suspecting u oo
I schooled in the East cheesy
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 29, 2017
pacespot:
People keep saying you shouldn't stay with your parents after NYSC. What of if the kind of work you're presently doing requires you to stay with your parents. Like blogging where you have access to good internet and electricity in your parents' house. Or a retail business where your business location is close to their house.

I think the whole formula that moving out of your parents' house after NYSC is the best option depends on individuals. If your parents are understanding types, then you'll have no problem staying with them and assist with whatever you can, instead of staying away from them doing unproductive activities that wouldn't bring growths to your career journey.

I don't have problems staying with my mother once in a while I'm around. The problem is the busy-body neighbours that like to always ask her "where your son is working?" Thank god our house has a gate and a very tall fence. I lock the shitty visitors out each time I'm around. People wouldn't mind their business in Nigeria.

Like me for example, am going straight home after service, not only my is one of my business located in my fathers compound, the others does not require me to actually do anything after my initial investment. But am definitely staying with my parents cause that free delicious food will help alot afer starting my masters grin
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Am suspecting u oo
I schooled in the East cheesy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hope it d person I missed.... She's really fun to be with
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by paulGrundy(m): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
bjhaid:
To avoid being unemployed or being idle after service, start preparing very hard before service runs out, just have that positive mindset that you won't be unemployed, if you can visit coys during service, please do!.

You can do all that, and still be unemployed. Better to start out a business plan.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:38am On Aug 29, 2017
Nma27:
That volunteering gig is very scarce these days.
Thank God someone is saying it. I graduated and started job hunting. I applied to more than 500 companies and more than 50 NGOs so I could volunteer. Only one NGO gave me a job and the position will be open in a year's time. Getting a volunteer job is not as easy as people think.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Thank God someone is saying it. I graduated and started job hunting. I applied to more than 500 companies and more than 50 NGOs so I could volunteer. Only one NGO gave me a job and the position will be open in a year's time. Getting a volunteer job is not as easy as people think.
They'll renew ur contract. Be positive.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by MhizzAJ(f): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2017
mykel25:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hope it d person I missed.... She's really fun to be with

what's her name?
lol
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2017
The foundation of life has already been led in d scriptures, there's nothing that's not in the scriptures, all we need to do is learn & implement it in our lives. I made my own personal conclusions about this in the scriptures,
Abraham was in his father's house when God called him out to a land which he knew nothing about; meaning for we to succeed & become great men, we need not dwell in our father's house. Not jst Abraham alone, this same thing applies to Isaac,Jacob,Joseph & even Esau.
I'm presently serving in Osogbo osun State and I don't intend going back to my father's house after service. God forbid! I need to start up my life all by myself, then will I mk God my father in a land I have no body. It's from there, God wl bless me jst like He did to Abraham & d rest.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2017
Jiang:

Like me for example, am going straight home after service, not only my is one of my business located in my fathers compound, the others does not require me to actually do anything after my initial investment. But am definitely staying with my parents cause that free delicious food will help alot afer starting my masters grin

I hope you have saved enough money to finance your masters or professional qualifications.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / corp Members Posted To Benue State, Lets Meet Here. / Jewel Of The Savannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.