Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC (15876 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2017
goodmandgreat:
The foundation of life has already been led in d scriptures, there's nothing that's not in the scriptures, all we need to do is learn & implement it in our lives. I made my own personal conclusions about this in the scriptures,
Abraham was in his father's house when God called him out to a land which he knew nothing about; meaning for we to succeed & become great men, we need not dwell in our father's house. Not jst Abraham alone, this same thing applies to Isaac,Jacob,Joseph & even Esau.
I'm presently serving in Osogbo osun State and I don't intend going back to my father's house after service. God forbid! I need to start up my life all by myself, then will I mk God my father in a land I have no body. It's from there, God wl bless me jst like He did to Abraham & d rest.

Bill Gates started from his father's house. I stayed in my father's house for about 6 years after graduation. Although I have a job and could afford to pay for an apartment. But I was disciplined that the money I ought to use in paying rent . The money saved from not paying rent for 6 years was invested in real estate, money market instruments and stock market. By the time I moved into my own 3 bedroom apartment, I didn't use my own money but returns from my numerous Investments.

Mind you if your father's house is a flat it may not be proper to stay there after NYSC, but if your father is a landlord and you have an apartment to yourself. Please save yourself the financial burden of paying hundreds of thousands or millions for accommodation especially as a fresh graduate in a city like Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I hope you have saved enough money to finance your masters or professional qualifications.

cheesy

I always thought you go pay for me nah, i be ur bros woh

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2017
paulGrundy:

You can do all that, and still be unemployed. Better to start out a business plan.
even the business plan should be during service, being employed is about having a positive mindset and working towards it
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2017
goodmandgreat:
Yes Sir, am still gathering more. I heard they've closed selling d form for this year. Meaning I'll have to wait till next year
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Doodoo10: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2017
E no easy my brothers. Even Naija condition will not Favour people who want to help themself.

Sinve november last year after service, it is one issue to another. From planning to emigrate to Australia for my master's to financial issue with the Dollar rate increase to my dad asking me to pause the emigration process, even after renewing my passport and written the English proficiency exam to my dad again asking me to start the masters here in Nigeria to me refusing but rather doing professional courses to him refusing to sponsor my choice to now Me depending on survival and Raising enough money to run some of the professional courses or traveling to Germany.

It's not easy my brother's, life after service but assuming I knew the plans to travel out would fail during my service, I for make better plans.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Bill Gates started from his father's house. I stayed in my father's house for about 6 years after graduation. Although I have a job and could afford to pay for an apartment. But I was disciplined that the money I ought to use in paying rent . The money saved from not paying rent for 6 years was invested in real estate, money market instruments and stock market. By the time I moved into my own 3 bedroom apartment, I didn't use my own money but returns from my numerous Investments.

Mind you if your father's house is a flat it may not be proper to stay there after NYSC, but if your father is a landlord and you have an apartment to yourself. Please save yourself the financial burden of paying hundreds of thousands or millions for accommodation especially as a fresh graduate in a city like Lagos.

Please Sir, I'll like you to brief me on how to get started on real estate, money market instruments and stock market. Help a brother. Thankz
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2017
goodmandgreat:

Please Sir, I'll like you to brief me on how to get started on real estate, money market instruments and stock market. Help a brother. Thankz

Start with the money market, most especially Treasury Bills. We have a thread for that in the investment section.

Try and get a job or start a business, from that you can diversify, Invest and create multiple streams of income.
The best time to start thinking and planning for post NYSC is when you are in year one in the university.
The earlier the plan the better one is prepared for the jungle called labour market or business environment .

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
You dare not say that, else, he will kick your ass out of the house cheesy

Kicker ni. Ow can he kick me out of my father's house. Did his father kick him out of the house.

Anyway, me I'm not the type that stays idle...I'm a writer so I'm never broke.

Was at home for two months after service (still writing tho) I was bored, I wanted a job that would make me leave house. Got a job, but I resigned when I couldn't cope with working under someone who thought he was doing me a favor by employing me.

When I went back home, after two days, my bad asked "is this where your mates are?". I answered him by telling him how much I make writing, not spending a dime on tfare, I told him if he has a company that can pay me triple, I will leave the house. He kept quiet when he realised no one was going to support him.

I've left the house tho, I go home once in a while (for the respect).

Our parents want us to be wearing tie and white shirt. Who tie help?

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by tosyne2much(m): 11:12am On Aug 29, 2017
pweetiedee:

Kicker ni. Ow can he kick me out of my father's house. Did his father kick him out of the house.

Anyway, me I'm not the type that stays idle...I'm a writer so I'm never broke.

Was at home for two months after service (still writing tho) I was bored, I wanted a job that would make me leave house. Got a job, but I resigned when I couldn't cope with working under someone who thought he was doing me a favor by employing me.

When I went back home, after two days, my bad asked "is this where your mates are?". I answered him by telling him how much I make writing, not spending a dime on tfare, I told him if he has a company that can pay me triple, I will leave the house. He kept quiet when he realised no one was going to support him.

I've left the house tho, I go home once in a while (for the respect).

Our parents want us to be wearing tie and white shirt. Who tie help?
That's very good of you. You earn more respect when your parents don't see you idle

Seems you write for a fashion firm?
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's very good of you. You earn more respect when your parents don't see you idle

Seems you write for a fashion firm?

I used to write for Kamdora, Adufe.org and some other fashion firms.

I av my own blog (not serious with it tho)

I write for other firms too. I write on any topic as long as am being paid for it.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by tosyne2much(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2017
pweetiedee:

I used to write for Kamdora, Adufe.org and some other fashion firms.

I av my own blog (not serious with it tho)

I write for other firms too. I write on any topic as long as am being paid for it.
That's very good. I also write too but recently, I've been so busy to take up writing jobs
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by tosyne2much(m): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Start with the money market, most especially Treasury Bills. We have a thread for that in the investment section.

Try and get a job or start a business, from that you can diversify, Invest and create multiple streams of income.
The best time to start thinking and planning for post NYSC is when you are in year one in the university.
The earlier the plan the better one is prepared for the jungle called labour market or business environment .
Thinking of white collar jobs is what's keeping youths hopeless my brother.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by ezewealth(m): 11:32am On Aug 29, 2017
me self Don run go Abuja, where my aunt lives. I pray dat God will help me get job through her. She is working with NNPC

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's very good. I also write too but recently, I've been so busy to take up writing jobs

Okay...
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by PierreDeFermat(m): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
pweetiedee:
Daddy, does Dangote have two heads? undecided

excellent question babe.
that's when your daddy would sit you down and start giving you excuses and telling you stories that all fingers are not equal blah blah blah.
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
excellent question babe.
that's when your daddy would sit you down and start giving you excuses and telling you stories that all fingers are not equal blah blah blah.

lol
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
MhizzAJ:

what's her name?
lol

Joke....
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by MhizzAJ(f): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
mykel25:

Joke....

Not me then
Am not Joke cheesy
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by kuchikau1: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
olumaxi:
peeps do give testimonies....but they wont tel us d person he/she knows dat also know someone b4 d job was given to them
dnt mind him, if u go to meet the 'testimoniers' or ast dem to show u d way, na there u go no say there is more to there 'testmony' some even sleep with men to get the job but still come to deceive othe member vip testimony. Metchew!

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by kuchikau1: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
chris31:
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
where do u stay? Wat did u study at school?
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by chris31(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
kuchikau1:
where do u stay? Wat did u study at school?
Computer Science
I stay at D-Line Port Harcourt
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nigerian youths are simply overwhelmed by the scale of the problem.
some graduates whose parents reside in the villages need to start looking for accommodation and all.
not forgetting Necromancy.
as a Nigerian sometimes Dark forces are struggling to hinder ones success and the little progress that has been made
I SWEAR I JUST TIRE
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nigerian youths are simply overwhelmed by the scale of the problem.
some graduates whose parents reside in the villages need to start looking for accommodation and all.
not forgetting Necromancy.
as a Nigerian sometimes Dark forces are struggling to hinder ones success and the little progress that has been made
I SWEAR I JUST TIRE
Re: Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC by mykel25(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Not me then
Am not Joke cheesy

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / corp Members Posted To Benue State, Lets Meet Here. / Jewel Of The Savannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.