Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers (19402 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers / Driver Finds His Kidnapper Among Passengers In Sokoto / Gunmen Kill Nicholas Ofodile, Three Others, Kidnap Passengers In Kogi (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by zionmade1: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2017
ShyCypher:
Well... let's look on the bright side...

19 less agitatin' flattinos to deal with.
My goodness!!!
u have a psychological problem.
Wen did all these tribalism on NL turn humans like u into reasoning like cold blooded animals
I pray u dont taste the effect of kidnapping or maybe someone close to u
Tufiakwa I spit on ur wicked heart

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by chigo003(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
When you hear that police is ontop of the situation

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by hatchy(f): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
This Wike is not fit to govern Rivers State. Since he became governor crime have increased more than ever witnessed in the history of the state and instead of fighting these criminals that he created out of his political ambition he is shouting Amaechi and Apc all the time even in places of worship.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by chakaz(m): 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Ever since buhari comed back, kidnapped has being many rampage. Bad luck presidential.
Your living up to your name bro, keep it flying ����

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by danniyal(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
another scam in the making
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by OpinionCounts(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
free2ryhme:
How much do these idiots think they can collect from the families of those boarding public transport to their destination?

Politicians, whether those in APC, PDP, APGA or XYZ, have really succeeded in destroying this country.

Hmmm..my dear those riff raffs, lunatics and low lifes make a lot of money oo. I can reliably tell you from first hand experience. One of my colleague was kidnapped 3weeks ago at the same point in the same circumstance , the bus he took from warri to ph was intercepted and all 11passengers kidnapped, he paid 5million to get released, and so will every other victim pay to get released.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by bomasek(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:
grin

When Chalatans come online to sing Wikes praises or hype Rivers State I just laugh and shake my head. Rivers State has been in distress since the days of Peter Odili. The state is economically comatose. Big businesses have closed and moved. Insecurity became rife after the Youths realised that kidnapping was a faster source of money. There are no good paying jobs in Rivers State outside of the Banks and Oil Companies. The economy of the State is not just one tracked but also stagnated. Michelin Nigeria has abandoned base. Other big companies are paying an arm an a leg in security fees to the Police and Army. Have you seen Shell Nigeria moving their personnel in Rivers State? The only thing lacking is an attack helicopter. When these companies are not paying for security they are settling community Chiefs, Youths and touts. I can count the number of companies that have been blockaded by Youths and Juju severally. Nigerian Breweries na regular customer for Oginigba Youths. The Rivers Man is too intellectually Lazy to even do Yahoo business. It's always "Contracts" and "Government appointment".

Wike can't do shiit about it cos he can't turn his back on the community people and touts that helped him into power. Obio Akpor and Phalga Local Government Agents are all touts harassing the small business owners for one ridiculous levy or tax or sticker. The day the Oil dries up the State is finished. Look at Lagos.. Multiple sources of income for their economy and they keep opening up newer avenues. The tallest building in Rivers State was built in the 1970s. The biggest hotel remains the Presidential Hotel built about the same era. The States Ineternational Airport isn't fit to be a motor park. The Seaport in Onne is just for bragging rights and nothing else. The Railways are none exiting. Agriculture is not in the books of the Rivers Man and Even the States owned Palm Plantation which uses to be the best in Africa has been sold off. NAFCON which was the National fertilizer company is a thing to be remembered. Even Shoprrite will not open a branch in the State grin despite Ibadan and Enugu all having same. Real Estate business is A new concept to the state (Don't call Gulf Estate cos we all know how that came about). Almost all the businesses in the State are store and supermarket business.

This insecurity can't be stopped by Guns.. The streets are filled with hungry and lazy youths. The Government does not care as long as they keep the PDP Monopoly going at the expense of state security. Islanders, Greenish, Dey Bam, Dey Well and co have always existed in Rivers State but ever since they got the backing of the Government for political purposes, they grew into something else.

Rivers State is a State in distress and until the Government comes out with an honest approach to fixing the economic stagnation and rot in the State, the insecurity will keep rising.

Anybody with even 500k value wey want ehn peace of mind will not stay in Rivers State if they can. I know many People who relocated their families from Rivers State and only remain in the State for work and fly out almost every weekend to visit their families.
So apt,u 4rm Rivers state?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by MadCow1: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
bomasek:
So apt,u 4rm Rivers state?

Yup

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by bomasek(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:

Yup
Nice to meet u,also 4rm Rivers state
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by themayor4542(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:
grin

When Chalatans come online to sing Wikes praises or hype Rivers State I just laugh and shake my head. Rivers State has been in distress since the days of Peter Odili. The state is economically comatose. Big businesses have closed and moved. Insecurity became rife after the Youths realised that kidnapping was a faster source of money. There are no good paying jobs in Rivers State outside of the Banks and Oil Companies. The economy of the State is not just one tracked but also stagnated. Michelin Nigeria has abandoned base. Other big companies are paying an arm an a leg in security fees to the Police and Army. Have you seen Shell Nigeria moving their personnel in Rivers State? The only thing lacking is an attack helicopter. When these companies are not paying for security they are settling community Chiefs, Youths and touts. I can count the number of companies that have been blockaded by Youths and Juju severally. Nigerian Breweries na regular customer for Oginigba Youths. The Rivers Man is too intellectually Lazy to even do Yahoo business. It's always "Contracts" and "Government appointment".

Wike can't do shiit about it cos he can't turn his back on the community people and touts that helped him into power. Obio Akpor and Phalga Local Government Agents are all touts harassing the small business owners for one ridiculous levy or tax or sticker. The day the Oil dries up the State is finished. Look at Lagos.. Multiple sources of income for their economy and they keep opening up newer avenues. The tallest building in Rivers State was built in the 1970s. The biggest hotel remains the Presidential Hotel built about the same era. The States Ineternational Airport isn't fit to be a motor park. The Seaport in Onne is just for bragging rights and nothing else. The Railways are none exiting. Agriculture is not in the books of the Rivers Man and Even the States owned Palm Plantation which uses to be the best in Africa has been sold off. NAFCON which was the National fertilizer company is a thing to be remembered. Even Shoprrite will not open a branch in the State grin despite Ibadan and Enugu all having same. Real Estate business is A new concept to the state (Don't call Gulf Estate cos we all know how that came about). Almost all the businesses in the State are store and supermarket business.

This insecurity can't be stopped by Guns.. The streets are filled with hungry and lazy youths. The Government does not care as long as they keep the PDP Monopoly going at the expense of state security. Islanders, Greenish, Dey Bam, Dey Well and co have always existed in Rivers State but ever since they got the backing of the Government for political purposes, they grew into something else.

Rivers State is a State in distress and until the Government comes out with an honest approach to fixing the economic stagnation and rot in the State, the insecurity will keep rising.

Anybody with even 500k value wey want ehn peace of mind will not stay in Rivers State if they can. I know many People who relocated their families from Rivers State and only remain in the State for work and fly out almost every weekend to visit their families.
You can tell this person lives in Rivers. He couldn't have said it any better.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by Kingdolo(m): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

Are you ok
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by zoedew: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
Yet there is an ongoing clamour for oil and gas entities to relocate their corporate headquarters to the SS and SE!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by nengibo: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
zoedew:
Yet there is an ongoing clamour for oil and gas entities to relocate their corporate headquarters to the SS and SE!
Is badoo in the SS
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by otokx(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
In the event that this story is true.

The criminals live in our midst, they have their camps and bases in the villages of Rivers State, having worked for the politicians in the past they are now jobless and resort to kidnapping and other crimes. Only the military have the firepower and motivation to withstand them, funny part is that road has so many police checkpoints but the criminals now set their own checkpoints in between the police ones. The police are so helpless they had to wait for an armoured tank to be sent from Port Harcourt during one of those incidents. Why can't armoured tanks be stationed at Rumuji and Emohua?

May God continue to guide and protect us.

God bless Rivers State

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by olureignforever: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

I wonder where some people left their conscience. Must you tribalise everything? These are people's love ones.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Honestly speaking b4 I opened this thread I knew it was emohua.. Bunch of illiterates that have decided to be useless with their lives.. Those people are so uncivilised. Crime is a norm to most of the people there.. Cultism, Envy, hate, back stabbing, fetishism, Lazy bunch. SPITS.. sad

This is the third time they ve abducted passengers this year. Not to mention the ones that didn't make the media sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by MansaHenry(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
ShyCypher:

God help your mentality bros!!every soul in Rivers is not an agitator..pick sense abeg
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by zoedew: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
nengibo:

Is badoo in the SS

Preponderance of crime is what in issue here.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by konoplyanka: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
this is why we want biafra
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by nengibo: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
zoedew:

Preponderance of crime is what in issue here.

Rivers state is heaven compared to Lagos where Ritual killings and cult related killings are reported daily in Lagos , so find another excuse for oil hq to be there.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by konoplyanka: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
zionmade1:

My goodness!!!
u have a psychological problem.
Wen did all these tribalism on NL turn humans like u into reasoning like cold blooded animals
I pray u dont taste the effect of kidnapping or maybe someone close to u
Tufiakwa I spit on ur wicked heart

coming from a die hard tribalist
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by zionmade1: 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
konoplyanka:

coming from a die hard tribalist
Indeed
I attack from all angles in a bid to discourage tribalism.i criticize Igbos,hausa and yorubas. but no matter how tribalistic one can me, its not equated to wickedness
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by zoedew: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
nengibo:

Rivers state is heaven compared to Lagos where Ritual killings and cult related killings are reported daily in Lagos , so find another excuse for oil hq to be there.
Stats please
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by dammiecool(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:
grin

U r very correct
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by afoxy17: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:
grin

my brother you have said it all, even the hospitality business and small real estate that was striving in recent past is now dead . Security is the last thing on the mind of the Governor as he keeps compensating these bad guys for his political end. Our lives now is in the hands of God

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by Apoztl3(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
MadCow1:
grin

Your moniker Is really what you are
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by MONITZ: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
Some fifth columnists could be at work trying to batter more Wilke's already weakening image....
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by MadCow1: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2017
Apoztl3:

Your moniker I really what you are

And you must be an Apostle. undecided

Okay..
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by Ekiugboughelli: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2017
SAD NEWS

BUT WITH ALL THESE FUNNY COMMENTS HERE, WHICH OF THE STATE IN NIGERIA THAT IS FREE OF CRIME? KIDNAPPERS, THEFTS, ETC ALL OVER THE PLACES.

PLEASE GOD, SHOW US MERCY AND ARREST THESE BANDITS WITH YOUR POWERS IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by slimtoney(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2017
No, it is bad luck and hard life to savages and children of hates who are bent on perpetrating evil against their fellow struggling country men just to give wrong impression about an innocent and well meaning leader. Until we all have a change of mind positively this madness will continue. #change begins with us
RIPEnglish:
Ever since buhari comed back, kidnapped has being many rampage. Bad luck presidential.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by 400billionman: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2017
The write up ended with what I expected to see, " The POLICE are On TOP OF THE SITUATION ".

Nah so.

Until the Nigerian leaders address the issue of Job creation, Good governance and Accountability, I don't see crimes scanting..

It is obvious these crimes are hunger and bad economy driven.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11-yr-old Orphan Molested To Death In Anambra / Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. / Kubiat Akpan's Lawyer Blames Police For His Torture and Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.