Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers (19404 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Abia Council Workers / Driver Finds His Kidnapper Among Passengers In Sokoto / Gunmen Kill Nicholas Ofodile, Three Others, Kidnap Passengers In Kogi (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by 400billionman: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Nwodosis:
During the day, the police will stage a checking point pole to pole in that axis collecting money instead of intelligent gathering, when the night falls, you will not see them again.

They have target to meet...
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by ufuosman(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2017
Imagine, rivers state don too they get negative news
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by DJInfluence: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2017
This is getting ridiculous. They donĀ“t plan anymore, just go to the road side and kidnap people and hope the families can pay up. It is the ordinary man that is affected by these. You hardly hear of armed robberies anymore. Kidnapping seem to be much more lucrative and guaranteed to pay.

The government, political class and security agencies have failed us woefully. I think when the police and army stop guarding these politicians, then they will be forced to address this menace.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by comodo: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2017
We only had relative peace in d state during Amaechi tenure.. I know it was shoot dem all tactics that he employed. Touting disappeared etc.. Remembered no got some properties then cos the issue of matching ground, bush entry, drink money etc were all wiped out. But this time we are in Gods hands. The same group that was chased away are now in power. Was funny when I visited my wife's business and saw 2 baskets for refuse collection, One has Ohio Akpor on it, the other RVSG, I was like what She said they paid for the 2.. And other double taxations they are passing through. I no fit talk. They come to the shop with police and other paramilitary, they size ur goods, they give u all manners of harassment..... Most times they target those who ain't from d state..
MadCow1:
grin

When Chalatans come online to sing Wikes praises or hype Rivers State I just laugh and shake my head. Rivers State has been in distress since the days of Peter Odili. The state is economically comatose. Big businesses have closed and moved. Insecurity became rife after the Youths realised that kidnapping was a faster source of money. There are no good paying jobs in Rivers State outside of the Banks and Oil Companies. The economy of the State is not just one tracked but also stagnated. Michelin Nigeria has abandoned base. Other big companies are paying an arm an a leg in security fees to the Police and Army. Have you seen Shell Nigeria moving their personnel in Rivers State? The only thing lacking is an attack helicopter. When these companies are not paying for security they are settling community Chiefs, Youths and touts. I can count the number of companies that have been blockaded by Youths and Juju severally. Nigerian Breweries na regular customer for Oginigba Youths. The Rivers Man is too intellectually Lazy to even do Yahoo business. It's always "Contracts" and "Government appointment".

Wike can't do shiit about it cos he can't turn his back on the community people and touts that helped him into power. Obio Akpor and Phalga Local Government Agents are all touts harassing the small business owners for one ridiculous levy or tax or sticker. The day the Oil dries up the State is finished. Look at Lagos.. Multiple sources of income for their economy and they keep opening up newer avenues. The tallest building in Rivers State was built in the 1970s. The biggest hotel remains the Presidential Hotel built about the same era. The States Ineternational Airport isn't fit to be a motor park. The Seaport in Onne is just for bragging rights and nothing else. The Railways are none exiting. Agriculture is not in the books of the Rivers Man and Even the States owned Palm Plantation which uses to be the best in Africa has been sold off. NAFCON which was the National fertilizer company is a thing to be remembered. Even Shoprrite will not open a branch in the State grin despite Ibadan and Enugu all having same. Real Estate business is A new concept to the state (Don't call Gulf Estate cos we all know how that came about). Almost all the businesses in the State are store and supermarket business.

This insecurity can't be stopped by Guns.. The streets are filled with hungry and lazy youths. The Government does not care as long as they keep the PDP Monopoly going at the expense of state security. Islanders, Greenish, Dey Bam, Dey Well and co have always existed in Rivers State but ever since they got the backing of the Government for political purposes, they grew into something else.

Rivers State is a State in distress and until the Government comes out with an honest approach to fixing the economic stagnation and rot in the State, the insecurity will keep rising.

Anybody with even 500k value wey want ehn peace of mind will not stay in Rivers State if they can. I know many People who relocated their families from Rivers State and only remain in the State for work and fly out almost every weekend to visit their families.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers by ChristyB(f): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm thanks alot & may the almighty God bless you.

I keep telling my friends who are either accusing Wiker or Rotimi as being the problem of Rivers state that it didn't start today. Peter Odili brought this upon that state and of course the jobless youths turned in to collect guns from those stupid politicians who don't even stay in that state, almost all of them live either in lagos or abuja.

I totally agree with you on the point that no company pays well, my company was in port harcout but had to move to lagos becuase of insecuirty, my colleagues sold their houses and relocated to lagos as if na ghost been dey chase them. Each time i remember i still have families in PHC to visit fear dey catch me cos all you hear is kidnapping here and there.

My people perish because they lack knowledge, even the bible said that. Until everyone in R/S realises that the state has been destroyed come out with a clean mind and make it better e go still tey oooo..

Rivers people no suppose suffer with everything they have but the politicians turned our youths who are tomorrow leaders to touts and manipulated them (well, for those who agreed to their terms and conditions) Today, even albino dey fear to waka for road cos they'll mistaken him/her as oyibo and kidnap them.

My RIVERS STATE, a state where everyone was free to move about anytime has suddenly become a den. May God help us and deliver us from the hands of evil MEN.

MadCow1:
grin

When Chalatans come online to sing Wikes praises or hype Rivers State I just laugh and shake my head. Rivers State has been in distress since the days of Peter Odili. The state is economically comatose. Big businesses have closed and moved. Insecurity became rife after the Youths realised that kidnapping was a faster source of money. There are no good paying jobs in Rivers State outside of the Banks and Oil Companies. The economy of the State is not just one tracked but also stagnated. Michelin Nigeria has abandoned base. Other big companies are paying an arm an a leg in security fees to the Police and Army. Have you seen Shell Nigeria moving their personnel in Rivers State? The only thing lacking is an attack helicopter. When these companies are not paying for security they are settling community Chiefs, Youths and touts. I can count the number of companies that have been blockaded by Youths and Juju severally. Nigerian Breweries na regular customer for Oginigba Youths. The Rivers Man is too intellectually Lazy to even do Yahoo business. It's always "Contracts" and "Government appointment".

Wike can't do shiit about it cos he can't turn his back on the community people and touts that helped him into power. Obio Akpor and Phalga Local Government Agents are all touts harassing the small business owners for one ridiculous levy or tax or sticker. The day the Oil dries up the State is finished. Look at Lagos.. Multiple sources of income for their economy and they keep opening up newer avenues. The tallest building in Rivers State was built in the 1970s. The biggest hotel remains the Presidential Hotel built about the same era. The States Ineternational Airport isn't fit to be a motor park. The Seaport in Onne is just for bragging rights and nothing else. The Railways are none exiting. Agriculture is not in the books of the Rivers Man and Even the States owned Palm Plantation which uses to be the best in Africa has been sold off. NAFCON which was the National fertilizer company is a thing to be remembered. Even Shoprrite will not open a branch in the State grin despite Ibadan and Enugu all having same. Real Estate business is A new concept to the state (Don't call Gulf Estate cos we all know how that came about). Almost all the businesses in the State are store and supermarket business.

This insecurity can't be stopped by Guns.. The streets are filled with hungry and lazy youths. The Government does not care as long as they keep the PDP Monopoly going at the expense of state security. Islanders, Greenish, Dey Bam, Dey Well and co have always existed in Rivers State but ever since they got the backing of the Government for political purposes, they grew into something else.

Rivers State is a State in distress and until the Government comes out with an honest approach to fixing the economic stagnation and rot in the State, the insecurity will keep rising.

Anybody with even 500k value wey want ehn peace of mind will not stay in Rivers State if they can. I know many People who relocated their families from Rivers State and only remain in the State for work and fly out almost every weekend to visit their families.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11-yr-old Orphan Molested To Death In Anambra / Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. / Kubiat Akpan's Lawyer Blames Police For His Torture and Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.