Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted (2704 Views)

The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by PastorAIO: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

By Catholic definition, a Jew may be classified as an apostate or perhaps an unbeliever, but not as a heretic.

www.newadvent.org/cathen/07256b.htm

So, Saturday Sabbathkeeping Christians were considered, and are still considered as heretics by the catholic church, and they were dealt with as heretics, as I have shown above.

So which were the Saturday keeping Christians that were killed ?!! Haba!!!!

This your problem nor be small o!

Since you can't lie on the head of Waldensians who do you want to claim was killed for keeping Saturday sabbath.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by DoctorAlien(m): 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

So which were the Saturday keeping Christians that were killed ?!! Haba!!!!

This your problem nor be small o!

Since you can't lie on the head of Waldensians who do you want to claim was killed for keeping Saturday sabbath.

Your own brand of ignorance is shameful in that it is mixed with sheer laziness and unwillingness to be educated. Any right thinking person in your position, given all I've posted above, would have proceeded to verify whether Saturday Sabbath-keeping Christians existed during the time when the Catholic church was actively persecuting and killing heretics, or whether they just popped into existence after the persecution and killing of heretics by the Catholic church ended(if it has indeed ended).

Bye.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by PastorAIO: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ol boy which kind nonsense lie be this. You obviously have seen evidence which has convinced you. Why don't you present that evidence here.

Obviously any evidence that contradicts your claim you will say is part of the conspiracy. To produce your own evidence dey hard you, now you're telling me to go and do extensive research. You think I have time to waste. The Waldensians still exist. They tell us their history for themselves. They started in the 12th century, unless you have any documents mentioning them before then I'm forced to dismiss you as a liar.

DoctorAlien:
"Gregory IX cannot be accused of injustice, but he will ever be remembered as the pope who established the Inquisition as a permanent tribunal, and did his utmost to enforce everywhere the death penalty for heresy" (The Inquisition, pg. 132.)

Similar quotes abound. On whether the Waldensians did keep the Sabbath I will not comment. I have perceived a conspiracy to hide as much truth as is possible about the Waldensians. It became much more clearer when Wikipedia gave the founder of the Waldensians as Peter Waldo, who lived in the 12th century. This is despite numerous texts which confirm that the Waldensians were there even during Constantine's time, in the 3rd/4th century. Surely, part of this grand scheme is the infiltration of these Protestant groups by Catholic elements, I know. If you wish, therefore, to find out whether the Waldensians kept the Saturday Sabbath or not, do extensive research. Thank you.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by otr1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
analice107:

Bros, if we spend as much time teaching Christians to know what Pride is, and to avoid it, if we teach against Lust, Anger, Arrogance, bitterness, revenge, envy, unforgiveness, lasciviousness, licentiousness, gossip, corruption, hatred, and the rest of these spirits which have invaded the lives of believers and rendered them spiritually redundant, they would be better Christians than waste quality time arguing which days to worship or not.
The same Law that points us to all these vices is the same Law that points us to that day our Creator wants us to spend with Him. Relationships are built on time, so we can't wish away the Law concerning Sabbath. If you love God, follow His commandments. And the Sabbath commandments happens to be only Law that contains the seal of our Creator.

Worship was restricted to the Temple by the Jews, when Jesus came, what did he say? Worship God everywhere and anywhere, so also with days. Worship or fellowship with God everyday and anyway.
This is the gospel according to you, not Jesus.
Jesus and His apostles kept the Sabbath.
What does Christ’s personal example teach us about the Sabbath?
“So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read” (Luke 4:16).
Jesus used the Sabbath for its intended purpose: to help people develop a personal relationship with their Creator.
After His death, we see that Christ’s apostles followed His example in their observance of the Sabbath day.
“Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures” (Acts 17:2).
“And [Paul] reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks” (Acts 18:4).
Today, however, most people who profess to follow Christ do not follow the example set by Him and His apostles.
The word shabbath, means “to cease, to pause or take an intermission.” On the Sabbath we are to take the day off from our regular activities and devote our time and attention to our Creator. Why? Because “in six days theLORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it” (Exodus 20:11).

You are arguing about days of worship, but refuse to see that God has not rejected us. The Holy Spirit is more alive now than ever, he reveals Himself through the revelations of His words. Miracles are happening everyday.
Revelation 13:14 ...'And he DECEIVED them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do.'

Miracles signs and wonders are not signs of God's acceptance or salvation, doing God's will is.
Matthew 7:22-23 “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Why is the Sabbath important in this latter days? Because in keeping it, it shows who we truly worship. The feud between God and satan is all about worship, we as believers of God must not treat how God wants us to worship Him with levity.
Revelation 14:9-10 ...'And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,..."
The challenges to the Sabbath command are views generated by the god of this present evil world. After all, satan wants us to accept these views because he hates God’s law. And no doubt, during the great tribulation, God's people will be identified, not by refusing a physical mark but by following His commandments: Revelation 14:12 ...'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.'
Straight after the third angel warns of receiving the beast's mark, he announces that those who don't receive the mark are those who are KEEPING GODS COMMANDMENTS and the faith of Jesus. In other words, the true remnant church of God are those who follow in Jesus' footsteps, and what did Jesus say? ...John 15:10 ...'If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.'... Are we not to follow Jesus? The sad thing is, the truth of God's law has been cast down by satan and many professing Christians are deceived into thinking that keeping God's Ten Commandments(especially the Sabbath command) is not important.
Satan will soon use his agents to institute a law that opposes the Law of God and this law will no doubt be the sunday law as against the Sabbath Command (this is already happening), may be then, you'll realise the importance of God designating a day of worship.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by PastorAIO: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Your own brand of ignorance is shameful in that it is mixed with sheer laziness and unwillingness to be educated. Any right thinking person in your position, given all I've posted above, would have proceeded to verify whether Saturday Sabbath-keeping Christians existed during the time when the Catholic church was actively persecuting and killing heretics, or whether they just popped into existence after the persecution and killing of heretics by the Catholic church ended(if it has indeed ended).

Bye.

This is a big world. If I had to scour the world every time some one asserted something without evidence I would be just as useless as you.

Obviously somebody once told you about Waldensians and you believed without asking for evidence, which is why you have no evidence, and now you expect me to be just as daft as you. Sorry I can't and I won't oblige.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by TheUmbra: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Where did GOD indicate that He accepted Sunday as the Sabbath day? I'm particularly interested because GOD blessed Saturday, and I won't like to miss that blessing by keeping a day which He did not bless. Did He bless Sunday too? Or has He transferred the blessing from Saturday to Sunday?

Sorry for popping up late. Saw your mention earlier in between tight schedules.

I'll try to answer your question sincerely but I have very little stamina for legalistic Christianity and for questions that spurn from such.

Colossians 2: 16-17 makes for a clear cut explanation what CHRIST meant when HE said HE is LORD over the Sabbath (Matthews 12:8 )

Colossians 2 : 16 - 17 reads in part: ...“Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day."

Verse 17 says "These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in CHRIST.”

CHRIST being not the abolisher of but the fulfilment of the law and LORD over the Sabbath. HE rose from the dead on Sunday and christians in majority have marked Sundays as a day set apart.

Let your heart be guided as you choose between Saturday and Sunday as a day set apart for GOD. The most important aspect is your motivation - setting apart a day to honour GOD out of deep reverence and love for HIM.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by PastorAIO: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Where did GOD indicate that He accepted Sunday as the Sabbath day? I'm particularly interested because GOD blessed Saturday, and I won't like to miss that blessing by keeping a day which He did not bless. Did He bless Sunday too? Or has He transferred the blessing from Saturday to Sunday?

What about the blessing you miss by spreading false witness?
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by DoctorAlien(m): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
[s]
PastorAIO:

What about the blessing you miss by spreading false witness?
[/s]
Surprise me and make an intelligent comment for once in your whole life.
Re: 7 Facts About The Seventh Day, That Can Not Be Refuted by PastorAIO: 2:51am On Sep 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

Surprise me and make an intelligent comment for once in your whole life.

Surprise me and stop lying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? / The False Doctrine Of Once Saved, Always Saved / What Is The Difference Between ‘christ In You’ And ‘you In Christ’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.