Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% (9517 Views)

Governor Ganduje Slashes Political Appointees' Salaries By 50% / Ghana’s Debt Forces Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply By 50% / Britain To Release Information About Nigerian Property Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by free2ryhme: 7:57am On Aug 31, 2017
Blitzerz:

Britain has halved the amount of money given to Nigeria in humanitarian aid, saying the country's government must "step up and do more" to stop Boko Haram extremists.

It follows a joint visit by Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, and Priti Patel, the International Development Secretary, to Nigeria to see the UK’s response to the humanitarian crisis, where they saw how British military had been training Nigerian soldiers to fight militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

Last night the Government announced £200million of aid funding for the four years from 2018 to 2022. It amounts to £50million per year, half the amount given for 2017.

Ms Patel said: "My job isn't just to give aid and give money, my job is to make sure that money goes further and that we leverage that with the Nigerian government to make them step up and do more."

The emergency aid money has been pledged to save lives and rebuild parts of Nigeria destroyed by Boko Haram, the Government has announced.

Ms Patel had announced £100million in humanitarian support for 2017 earlier this year.

In 2016, around £70million of humanitarian support was provided.

In a statement Ms Patel said: “It is catastrophic that at least 20,000 people have been murdered by Boko Haram’s terrorist regime, and over five million people have been left hungry and many homeless. Babies’ bodies are shutting down and mothers who have lost everything are fighting to keep their children alive.

“Global Britain is a country that stands tall in the world and the UK will not turn its back on people living in danger and desperation.

“We are leading the way on the international stage through our world-class development, defence and diplomacy, providing a lifeline to over 1.5 million people on the brink of famine, tackling Boko Haram and pushing for global aidreform to deliver help more effectively.

“Terrorism knows no borders and the Nigerian Government must now follow our lead to stop innocent people dying and securing the area so that people can rebuild their lives in safety – reducing the threat of radicalisation and migration for the UK at home.”

Mr Johnson said: “This is about helping a Commonwealth partner in its time of need as well as addressing the root causes of international challenges.”

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/31/britain-halves-foreign-aid-money-nigeria/

Make dem stop the aid sef

3 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Generalyemi(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Basic123:
And na southeast and the north go suffer mostgrin

OGA John Easterners are not lazy...we will always survive.. is DNA encrypted

4 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by oblaak(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:
wanted to insult you but saw your pictures and forgot what I wanted to say...

So what would you have done if you saw money? Better chase money and free these babes
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by ITbomb(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Who need their money, Allison alone can fund our budget
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by abbeyty(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2017
Even the British are stupid why giving a country where her law makers earn more than what
your own law makers earn Aid in the first place? Anyway they also created this mess of a country

3 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by tonguengineer(m): 8:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Vutseck:
.isn't it an irony that a country endowed with crude oil who should be a donor nation to other African countries can barely sustain herself

Nigeria is a cursed nation indeed
I concur sir
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Olumaeme: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2017
They should stop biko, not that the money is actually getting to those its intended, civil servants in those ministries and parastatals steal those monies....
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by jfleece(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2017
I just wished the world could isolate themselves from Nigeria.... We are so dumb in this country.. Nigeria is one of the most blessed nation of the world yet we just can't get it ryt..... Should Jesus christ himself come down and rule us? Have always said it dat we were too swift to get independence.. Our so called nationalist were tribal bigots and they had selfish tendencies..

4 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by xtervaganza(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
Then we cut their influence in our politics and double tax on their investments here

Easy
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Blitzerz: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
xtervaganza:
Then we cut their influence in our politics and double tax on their investments here

Easy

Then they withdraw the investments and your recession and unemployment worsens.

Not a good game.

4 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by yazach: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2017
Useless idiots, after you invaded us and steal our treasure to develop your country

Return our looted money to your country we don't need you. May you all be colonized in the 24 century as you did to Africa Nation

2 Likes

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by kellyjoesteve: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2017
Too bad i must confess. But what do u expect of them after the kind of lavish life style Buhari display there with his aids. Nigeria is cruse.

For your Businesss idea, and management, job-tips, available loans and important of insurance check my signature
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by belindar: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2017
They should stop it completely. The ones they have given goes to only one mans pocket and we don't know what they do with it.
The last time I checked, the food that was meant for IDP in cross river and Akwa Ibom was found in someone's warehouse.

Also in the north food donated by Saudi Arabia for IDP was found been sold in the market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by kennyblack94: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Vutseck:

So Britain and France should continue baby feeding you even at old age

don't let me say what is on mind biko

these among the reasons some people see restructuring as a threat because they don't want to be productive
I think you should have asked me.. What I meant.. .you think we need aid from them?. .Aid is the modern day colonial tool which is obvious all African countries are fools we don't want to learn from China, Pakistan and India who rejected this deadly aid.. .

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by xtervaganza(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2017
Blitzerz:

Then they withdraw the investments and your recession and unemployment worsens.

Not a good game.
they make sick money here. They can't leave.

Despite the economic woes, Nigeria is still the best place to invest in the whole of africa
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Myself2(m): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2017
Buhari again , you all have now seen another disaster that dunce called Buhari has brought on Nigeria.
Why won't Britain cut their aid,when Nigeria's president can stay in the UK for near one whole year feeding fat (or feeding lean in the dullard's case) on the scarce resources of Nigeria and Nigerians didn't call for his head as the senators refused to kick or flush him out of the presidency
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Kingbuhari(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2017
I hope they will as well cut British influence on Nigeria by 50% .... Ndi Oshi
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Blitzerz: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2017
xtervaganza:
they make sick money here. They can't leave.

Despite the economic woes, Nigeria is still the best place to invest in the whole of africa

And Yet Etisalat just ran away, plus the long list of others who have ran away

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by kechywillz(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2017
What have they able to do with the monies given to the previously? They probably looted it

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Kazim88: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2017
Nigeria that is currently supported with aid, plus in deep recession plus militancy, plus Boko Haram.. plus multiple IDP

Is the Nigeria Buhari and his Northern minions and Almajiris that are the ones suffering the most want to push to war... thinking it would only affect southeast

As if IPOB and Biafra sympathizers and agents are not in Kaduna, Kano and Abuja...

As if Nigeria is her porous nature can survive regional violence...
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by win2kwire: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
Karlovich:
I just blame the dullard for this, his govt has brought nothing but evil practices and suffering upon Nigerians, may maggots and bacteria feast on his rotten vegetable flesh

The people who brought evil practices and suffering upon Nigerians ARE Nigerians like you!

no one asked Nigerians to produce more children than their incomes can cater for.
No one asked you to spend money on god and pastors for absolutely nothing in return.
No one asked you to believe in juju which has hindered science and technology.
No one asked you to classify farming as for poor man, preventing diversification of the economy!

you see where this is going f00l.

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by InvertedHammer: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
For the phantom and ignorant patriots who keep asking why Britain and US pokenose into Nigerian affairs, this is one of the reasons.

Nigeria goes begging and they lord over Nigeria.
Nigeria cannot have it both ways.
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Litmus: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
snipesdam:
grin grin grin

That moment when realise you have beaten the hand feeding you! cheesy

IDP guys right now.

I don't get it, are you actually glorying in the picture of starving children ? ?
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Litmus: 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
kennyblack94:

I think you should have asked me.. What I meant.. .you think we need aid from them?. .Aid is the modern day colonial tool which is obvious all African countries are fools we don't want to learn from China, Pakistan and India who rejected this deadly aid.. .

Stop fibbing. China, Pakistan and, especially India, receives aid.

You may be Indian but I'm going to state the following here:

Nigerians don't understand the nature of many Indians. Indians are your worst enemy. If you understood their nature,you'd probably be correct if you supposed that Priti Patel (the International Development Secretary )worked to stop AID going to Nigeria. Indeed, If she could work it so that no African Nations received AID from UK she would just so that all the AID go to her people in India. Britain/ UK Whites often put Indians in places of influence when they want to act in prejudice against blacks. For instance, right now, the UK wants to employ approximately 5000 doctors from Abroad. As things stand, these doctors are wanted from Europe and ,if possible, from Australia, New Zealand and so on. But there's no telling if doctors may be sort from anywhere in the world. Now, If there is an Indian anywhere near the decision making process, they will ensure that doctors from Nigeria and rest of Africa (except white /Asian South Africans) are excluded.
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Basic123: 6:41am On Sep 01, 2017
Generalyemi:

OGA John Easterners are not lazy...we will always survive.. is DNA encrypted
We know now,kidnapping,prostitution,419,fraud-trading and malayshian development.Easterners must survivegrin

...A tribe full of empty chestbeatersgrin

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

ipob illiterates are trying to recover from the tucano plane purchase and the impending arrest of jail bird cownu.

Britain cutting the small change they give Nigeria isn't going to hinder the several humanitarian support being recieved by the idps

Humanitarian support grin
Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2017
Please stop the Aid completely. Nigeria is too old and too rich for foreign aids.
We either get by or get sunk undecided

1 Like

Re: Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% by Generalyemi(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
Basic123:

We know now,kidnapping,prostitution,419,fraud-trading and malayshian development.Easterners must survivegrin

...A tribe full of empty chestbeatersgrin

mumu..

ritualists

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me / South West Produce More Oil Than South East. SW Is 2nd In Oil Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.